Let it snow, let it snow, FUCK THE SNOW!!!!

Comments

• Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I feel your pain!! Seems like it hasn't stopped snowing for over a week here in Ontario.... we are also getting another 6" by tomorrow afternoon :? .
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    378392_3071492068189_1290266637_33317209_1236390674_n.jpg

supposed to snow more tonight and tomorrow...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    RKCNDY wrote:
    378392_3071492068189_1290266637_33317209_1236390674_n.jpg

supposed to snow more tonight and tomorrow...

Yikes!!! Stay inside!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    231 out of 232 school districts are closed today

the average YEARLY snowfall for Seattle has already fallen...in ONE DAY

Most public services are closed-i.e. the courthouse, trash pick-up...haven't gone out to see if I got any mail

this morning, the Seattle Popo reported 92 accidents in 8 hours

75 flights cancelled at Sea-Tac

Thursday will warm up and start to rain...I can't wait for all the flooding...

FUCK THE SNOW!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Thursday will warm up and start to rain...I can't wait for all the flooding...

don't forget about all of the cars that will be littering the drainage ditches on the road sides. The thing I remember most about living up there when it snowed is that so many people don't know how to drive in it. They spin out, their cars get stuck on teh side of the road. The rain comes, melts the snow and the cars end up flooded and in the ditches. ...When I was in college in Oly one of my side hustles was driving people around since I knew how to drive in the snow. :lol:

Hope you are staying warm and cozy. Let me know if you need a delivery of peppermint schnapps. :mrgreen:
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    RYEzupSF wrote:
    .When I was in college in Oly one of my side hustles was driving people around since I knew how to drive in the snow. :lol:

Hope you are staying warm and cozy. Let me know if you need a delivery of peppermint schnapps. :mrgreen:

Hussy-ler! :lol: The tow truck drivers are having a ball pulling people out of the ditches...and the police hand out tickets like candy on Halloween..."abandon car on freeway" $124. Then the popo get the tow truck drivers to impound teh cars...I don't want to know how much impound fees are.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Yay, it's still kind of snowing in Seattle..it's getting a bit lighter though. Hopefully the drive home will be easy!
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    i love this snow however, here the current temp is 12 with a craptastic -5 wind chill...brrrrr... hard to believe it's this FUCKING COLD in western WA :wtf:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    cold now, snow during tommorrow's evening rush hour.....bring it on....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    we are supposed to get some tomorrow late night into Saturday
  • 81 wrote:
    cold now, snow during tommorrow's evening rush hour.....bring it on....

I may be coming down with a sickness for tomorrow....
    I'm driving up to the Dells after work tomorrow...sounds like this ride is not going to be fun :(
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    I'm driving up to the Dells after work tomorrow...sounds like this ride is not going to be fun :(

Maybe you'll get there by Saturday morning.... :lol::lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Maybe you'll get there by Saturday morning.... :lol::lol:

fact. :lol:

it's going to take me 40 minutes to drive across town....i'm thinking about taking the sidewalks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    this has been the mildest of winters here in iowa. if this is winter i am john paul jones' grandma

http://youtu.be/642bwcWAWv4
    so on youtube i punch in john paul jones' grandma
    this is the first video that came up
    :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    It snowed here today,first time this winter,it was so cold.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    time for everyone here to jam the grocery stores to buy bread and milk, whether you need it or not - snow forecasted for tomorrow.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    time for everyone here to jam the grocery stores to buy bread and milk, whether you need it or not - snow forecasted for tomorrow.

beer.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

beer.....
    have fun, i'll be wearing shorts a t-shirt :P
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Cracks me up....

People run to the store...
    Buy eggs, milk, and bread.....

HOLY SHIT its gonna snow!!!!
    Lets make some French Toast!!!!!!!

hehehehe...........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Cracks me up....

hehehehe...........

yes, and if it just so happens to be the day you were planning on going to the store, you are screwed - mass hysteria, dumbasses, the roads will be clear within a few hours after the storm.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Cracks me up....

hehehehe...........
    Haha. QTips (old people) are stupid.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Cracks me up....

hehehehe...........
    Haha. QTips (old people) are stupid.
    Okay, so some schools were closed today already??? WTF. I remember having to walk to school in FEET of snow...we're raising a bunch of p*ssies.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Okay, so some schools were closed today already??? WTF. I remember having to walk to school in FEET of snow...we're raising a bunch of p*ssies.

we had to walk through feet of snow, uphill, to school and to get back home
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

we had to walk through feet of snow, uphill, to school and to get back home
    :lol: 10 miles each way, right?

I agree, though. I remember it took a LOT of snow for school to get cancelled when I was a kid. My son's school seems to close if there are flurries :)
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • 81 wrote:

it's going to take me 40 minutes to drive across town....i'm thinking about taking the sidewalks.

Fact- I used my floating holiday today to avoid driving home in the snowstorm tonight. Friday traffic + snowstorm= a total breakdown for me. It was the right choice.
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    after the last 2years of bad snow in the uk, thankfully so far we've hardly had any yet (i've gone and cursed it now havn't I)
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    81 wrote:

Fact- I used my floating holiday today to avoid driving home in the snowstorm tonight. Friday traffic + snowstorm= a total breakdown for me. It was the right choice.

no kidding....

just drove the half mile to whole foods and back.

in just that little trip....i saw an idiot in a caddy with their 4 way flashers on going 5 mph

a idiot sliding thru a stop light.....stopping....and instead of backing up....pulling out in front of me

idiot after idiot driving around with snow covered windows....once of which swept it off AFTER they parked.

we won't even discuss the clowns that fail to turn on headlights

fuck me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    no kidding....

just drove the half mile to whole foods and back.

in just that little trip....i saw an idiot in a caddy with their 4 way flashers on going 5 mph

a idiot sliding thru a stop light.....stopping....and instead of backing up....pulling out in front of me

idiot after idiot driving around with snow covered windows....once of which swept it off AFTER they parked.

we won't even discuss the clowns that fail to turn on headlights

fuck me.

That's alright. They all just went home and said there's this baby driving a car, smoking and posting on the internet in the middle of an f'n snow storm.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.