Let it snow, let it snow, FUCK THE SNOW!!!!

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328

Sorry for horning in. :lol: No. It stays dead all winter, but that has nothing to do with snow. It's too cold for grass, trees, etc. No leaves on trees, etc. whether it snows or not.

I live on Long Island - part of NY - juts out east of Manhattan (otherwise known as New York City). It's a LONG Island :lol: , so the water tempers out weather. We don't get a whole lot of snow to begin with (except last winter). We sometimes get rain when folks around us get snow in the winter (or snow that turns to rain). Which still doesn't help the green.

Where Speedy lives, it's FRIGID all winter (and beyond :lol: ) They are in the snow on the ground side of things.

Ahhh of course....too cold for grass, leaves etc. Didn't think about that.

I also REALLY want to experience a REAL autumn where everything is orange/red/brown. I pretty much only have summer where I live. Autumn and spring are non-existent. Winter isn't cold at all.

Where do I go for autumn? And whose place am I staying at?? :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    81 wrote:
    :cry:

:lol::lol::lol:

Hey, I'm just thinking about Mrs 81 here.....there is a Mrs 81, isn't there?

:lol:
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

Sorry for horning in. :lol: No. It stays dead all winter, but that has nothing to do with snow. It's too cold for grass, trees, etc. No leaves on trees, etc. whether it snows or not.

I live on Long Island - part of NY - juts out east of Manhattan (otherwise known as New York City). It's a LONG Island :lol: , so the water tempers out weather. We don't get a whole lot of snow to begin with (except last winter). We sometimes get rain when folks around us get snow in the winter (or snow that turns to rain). Which still doesn't help the green.

Where Speedy lives, it's FRIGID all winter (and beyond :lol: ) They are in the snow on the ground side of things.

Ahhh of course....too cold for grass, leaves etc. Didn't think about that.

I also REALLY want to experience a REAL autumn where everything is orange. I pretty much only have summer where I live. Autumn and spring are non-existent. Winter isn't cold at all.

Where do I go for autumn? And whose place am I staying at?? :lol:

If I could help, I would. But, the Hudson Valley is gorgeous in early to mid October. Which is North and West of the city (NY). Which also gets a ton of snow in winter. So, I guess it's a tradeoff.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,916
    Zig? Somewhere towards the miswest and east of there up to the northeast. Better mix of trees. Weatehr palys a huge role in timing of the leaves turning.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

no Mrs...just a live in Miss. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Zig? Somewhere towards the miswest and east of there up to the northeast. Better mix of trees. Weatehr palys a huge role in timing of the leaves turning.

i would suggest East Troy WI around labor day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

no Mrs...just a live in Miss. :lol:

Ohhhh....she's one of "THOSE" girls! :? :lol:
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

stop by chicago.....and we can live out your dreams. :P

:shock:

I'm scared I'd be disappointed. :lol::lol:

8-)

probably should be...unlostdogs told me stories.... :shock:

its ONLY $2045.65 eu to come to Boston come for the weekend! LOL
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    So September/October......and then snow in January/February......looks like I'll have to come for quite a while! :mrgreen:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    81 wrote:

stop by chicago.....and we can live out your dreams. :P

:shock:

I'm scared I'd be disappointed. :lol::lol:

8-)

probably should be...unlostdogs told me stories.... :shock:

:x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

So fucking expensive! It's ridiculous. Plus travel between cities. I seriously think I could pay for pretty much no accommodation the entire holiday....that would save thousands and thousands! 8-) I may get murdered along the way by some 10c freak but it will be worth it to save all that money! :lol:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

there aint SHIT happening there around labor day. whoever told you that is a liar!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

there aint SHIT happening there around labor day. whoever told you that is a liar!! :mrgreen:

:x :x Is this some kind of trick??
  • LET IT SNOW
    Living in the mountains the snow stays beautiful all season.If you like winter sports Vermont offers :
    snowmobiling
    snow tubing,sledding
    skiing/snowboarding/cross country skiing/build an igloo or ice sculpture
    dog sledding/skijoring
    ice skating/ice fishing
    horse drawn sleigh rides
    there is nothing like an evening full moon snowshoe trek deep into the woods
    all these fun things do come with risks, so stay safe and heed warnings
    This time of year snow sex should be limited to a quickie , with just certain
    pieces of clothing adjusted.
    Spring snow sex can be done in the buff with a blanket on the ground
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:

:x :x Is this some kind of trick??
    no, hes giving me shit about missing some bunk ass concert last year there. :mrgreen:

mickeyrat wrote:
    no, hes giving me shit about missing some bunk ass concert last year there. :mrgreen:

that's not true....i was just saying how nice SE wisconsin is in early september. perfect place to visit around labor day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    So September/October......and then snow in January/February......looks like I'll have to come for quite a while! :mrgreen:

If you want color change...I'd suggest the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania or the northern part of Wisconsin. I lived in Pennsylvania for quite some time. It's absolutely friggen gorgeous when the trees are changing colors. I purposely drive back there every year to experience the fall change. LOVE IT!!
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    For 6 weeks I wondered...
    "Where the fuck is the snow"??????

Well now it has arrived...

FUCK THE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehe

I agree - I was enjoying this mild winter and warmer days. Now that the snow is here - I hate it !!!!

I really wanted a snow day.... :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,705
    I know it's not easy living with snow which I've done in a couple of places. Where I live now it only snows once or twice a year which is great, but lately whenever I look up from a nearby highway that affords a view of the Crystal range in the Sierras I begin to worry a bit. There is very little snow up there right now- almost none at all. Imagine that- January and almost no snow in the Sierras.

I grew up in California and and never seen the Sierras so snow-free in January. Not even close. Not good.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux wrote:
    I know it's not easy living with snow which I've done in a couple of places. Where I live now it only snows once or twice a year which is great, but lately whenever I look up from a nearby highway that affords a view of the Crystal range in the Sierras I begin to worry a bit. There is very little snow up there right now- almost none at all. Imagine that- January and almost no snow in the Sierras.

I grew up in California and and never seen the Sierras so snow-free in January. Not even close. Not good.

Eh. We have years with lots of snow and many years with very little. Averages are AVERAGES for a reason.

And, I remember a 24 foot snowstorm when I was a kid. Only problem is it was really 24 inches. What do I know? Maybe, my childhood memories about such inconsequential things (as a kid) isn't so good.

Go to the AMT if you want to spread your doom and gloom. AET is for joviality and shutting down cesspools! :lol:
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,705
    brianlux wrote:

Eh. We have years with lots of snow and many years with very little. Averages are AVERAGES for a reason.

And, I remember a 24 foot snowstorm when I was a kid. Only problem is it was really 24 inches. What do I know? Maybe, my childhood memories about such inconsequential things (as a kid) isn't so good.

Go to the AMT if you want to spread your doom and gloom. AET is for joviality and shutting down cesspools! :lol:
    So "FUCK THE SNOW" is ok but what I said about lack of snow in the Sierras being worrisome is not? Jeez, man, it wasn't a political statement. We rely on snow pack for the long months of no rain here. I can't mention that?

I sure get tired of being told what to say and not say around here.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Snow in Seattle:

weatherman predicts snow
    WDOT sprays de-icer as a precaution
    first snow is usually wet...or it rains first
    wet snow/rain washes away de-icer
    starts to really snow
    temps drop drastically
    wet roads turn to ice
    since the de-icer is gone, the snow sits on top of ice
    people go out thinking..."aw, it's just a dusting" and start driving like an ass
    cars apparently don't like snow on top of ice...car spins out of control and smashes into any other object within a 20 foot radius

thank goodness Monday is a holiday.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    IMAG0125-1.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I'm still waiting on the snow here. :( By this time last year we had already gotten 3 decent snows. So far, nothing. grr.
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    Poncier wrote:
    Don't take Oceanic Airlines flight 815.

:lol: Yep...because that bitch doesn't make it.
    crash.jpg
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    81 wrote:
    IMAG0125-1.jpg
    this looks vaguely familiar. hmmm.

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Poncier wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Should you come to the U.S. which Airport would you fly out of?

Australian airport? Probably Sydney.

:lol::lol:

I thought they got a pretty good deal, who wouldn't want to be stuck on a beautiful tropical island??!

FUCK THE SNOW.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

:lol::lol:

I thought they got a pretty good deal, who wouldn't want to be stuck on a beautiful tropical island??!

This guy... :lol:
    lost-smoke-monster-echo-431x300.jpg
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    81 wrote:
    IMAG0125-1.jpg

Is that from yesterday/last night? How much did you guys land up getting?

that's from last years blizzard...we got 4-5 inches...nothing to bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg