Let it snow, let it snow, FUCK THE SNOW!!!!

Comments

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    81 wrote:
    :lol:

that's from last years blizzard...we got 4-5 inches...nothing to bad.

ass...lol
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388

This guy... :lol:
    lost-smoke-monster-echo-431x300.jpg

:lol: Awww I loved Mr. Eko!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • brianlux wrote:
    Eh. We have years with lots of snow and many years with very little. Averages are AVERAGES for a reason.

And, I remember a 24 foot snowstorm when I was a kid. Only problem is it was really 24 inches. What do I know? Maybe, my childhood memories about such inconsequential things (as a kid) isn't so good.

Go to the AMT if you want to spread your doom and gloom. AET is for joviality and shutting down cesspools! :lol:
    So "FUCK THE SNOW" is ok but what I said about lack of snow in the Sierras being worrisome is not? Jeez, man, it wasn't a political statement. We rely on snow pack for the long months of no rain here. I can't mention that?

I sure get tired of being told what to say and not say around here.

It was a joke. Have a double and relax. I thought I added a :lol: to make that clear. If there's another way to tell a joke than :lol: ing, please let me know.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • EmBleve wrote:
    I'm still waiting on the snow here. :( By this time last year we had already gotten 3 decent snows. So far, nothing. grr.

In North Carolina?
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707
    brianlux wrote:
    Eh. We have years with lots of snow and many years with very little. Averages are AVERAGES for a reason.

And, I remember a 24 foot snowstorm when I was a kid. Only problem is it was really 24 inches. What do I know? Maybe, my childhood memories about such inconsequential things (as a kid) isn't so good.

Go to the AMT if you want to spread your doom and gloom. AET is for joviality and shutting down cesspools! :lol:
    So "FUCK THE SNOW" is ok but what I said about lack of snow in the Sierras being worrisome is not? Jeez, man, it wasn't a political statement. We rely on snow pack for the long months of no rain here. I can't mention that?

I sure get tired of being told what to say and not say around here.

It was a joke. Have a double and relax. I thought I added a :lol: to make that clear. If there's another way to tell a joke than :lol: ing, please let me know.

Thanks, Edson, I shoulda known! My bad.

Jeanwah and I are meeting in the train's lounge car for a drink. Care to join us? :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux wrote:
    Thanks, Edson, I shoulda known! My bad.

Jeanwah and I are meeting in the train's lounge car for a drink. Care to join us? :D

Ha!! Sounds like a plan!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,236
    No snow here yet and i hope we get none i'm not skiing this yr so you guys in Chicago can have it all ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm hoping for some ...
    makes everything so beautiful and fresh and I love the smell of melting snow!
    Ours melts in a couple days usually.
  • number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    Got my first snow day off of school for the year. Last year by this time I think we had already used them all up. Definitely a different winter this year. I love the snow though. Bring it on.
  • Yep. Fuck snow.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Ahhh of course....too cold for grass, leaves etc. Didn't think about that.

Maybe this will give you an idea of what we deal with - I took this walking back to my car at the university I'm taking classes at today. There is an ice crust on the plants, and then snow on top of that. The temperature is supposed to plummet tomorrow to sub zero, which will make the whole place like a skating rink.

dwcrlx.th.jpg
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i like snow
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    JaneNY wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Ahhh of course....too cold for grass, leaves etc. Didn't think about that.

Maybe this will give you an idea of what we deal with - I took this walking back to my car at the university I'm taking classes at today. There is an ice crust on the plants, and then snow on top of that. The temperature is supposed to plummet tomorrow to sub zero, which will make the whole place like a skating rink.

dwcrlx.th.jpg

Where are you? I'm in Smalbany (technically Clifton Park) and we have nothing like that here.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,707
    I'm sensing a distinct lack of ski jockeys and snow board freaks on the forum.

(Hey, don't look at me, I used up 3 of my 9 lives on the slopes!) :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    EmBleve wrote:
    I'm still waiting on the snow here. :( By this time last year we had already gotten 3 decent snows. So far, nothing. grr.

In North Carolina?
    yes...northcentral part. Haven't seen the first snowflake this season yet. :|
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    DS1119 wrote:

Where are you? I'm in Smalbany (technically Clifton Park) and we have nothing like that here.

Way further up - I can be in Canada in about 45 mins if I want...

Had to go out today to teach my aerobic class - drove 10 miles - branches snapped, only people on the road at 8am were me and lots of power trucks. Lots of places with no power. The crazy part today is it is 0F and it is cloudy. This is unusual. Usually the sun is out when it is 0 or below.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • It is so cold that my scrotum feels like canvas.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    It is so cold that my scrotum feels like canvas.
    :lol::lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    it snowed a bit here today...all gone now.

supposed to snow tonight/tomorrow...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PapPap Posts: 28,788
    conman wrote:
    :lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • conman wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rain today....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rain today....

which means it will probably be rain here tomorrow, thanks a lot.
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    81 wrote:
    rain today....

It would be nice if it melted the snow...the side streets around here weren't plowed very well.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    iamica wrote:
    It would be nice if it melted the snow...the side streets around here weren't plowed very well.

just hope it isn't a late day rain that freezes once on the snow covered street. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    81 wrote:
    iamica wrote:

just hope it isn't a late day rain that freezes once on the snow covered street. :lol:

True. And weather.com says it's supposed to snow tomorrow anyway. :x
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    If it's going to be cold, I'd at least like some fucking snow.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    We might get snow later this week, but the next 15 days are supposed to be much warmer than normal.. Thats makes it through January. 8-)
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Last couple of days it's been snowing pretty good over here...Maybe no school tomorrow!!! :mrgreen:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Watch for the Seattle area. Up to 6" is expected in scattered areas Tuesday thru Wednesday... :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless