Let it snow, let it snow, FUCK THE SNOW!!!!

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,444
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
For 6 weeks I wondered...
"Where the fuck is the snow"??????

Well now it has arrived...

FUCK THE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!

hehehehe
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FUCK THE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Fuck IN the snow??

Clearly I haven't spent much time in snow! :lol: I went skiing once....when I was 15....but I didn't actually see falling snow. I would love that!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Why now you dont shoveling
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Fuck IN the snow??

Clearly I haven't spent much time in snow! :lol: I went skiing once....when I was 15....but I didn't actually see falling snow. I would love that!

Ive seen enough snow to last a lifetime...hehehe

Its gorgeous when it 1st falls....

Then it is nothing but a big pain in the ass!!!! hehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    edited January 2012
    How long does it snow for there? Will it melt in a few days and go back to normal for a while? Or will you have a blanket of snow for weeks and weeks?
    Post edited by ZiggyStar on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,916
    depends Zig.

Snow doesnt bother me. The ice underneath the snow does. super thin layer, just enough to fuck shit up.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I want it and I need it. I like taking some beer breaks while shoveling. Bring it on. It's not winter without snow.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Do you slip over heaps in snow?

Do women wear high heels in snow? Or do they wear boots of some kind and then change into high heels when they get to work?
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Normally they wouldn't wear the heels in snow boots to work and then change when they get there.

Slip over heaps? not sure what you mean there BUT.. yeah it can get slippery if there is Ice underneath fresh snow.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • tater926tater926 Posts: 263
    The snow can kiss my ass. Anybody that begs for snow is f'n crazy!!!!!
    United Center-Jun 29 1998 Alpine Valley-Oct 8 2000
    Assembly Hall-Apr 23 2003 Alpine Valley-Jun 21 2003
    Grant Park-Aug 5 2007 United Center-Aug 23 2009
    United Center-Aug 24 2009 Alpine Valley-Sep 3 2011
    Alpine Valley-Sep 4 2011 Wrigley Field-Jul 19 2013
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    Jan 13th and haven't had to use the shovel yet (even the crazy October snowstorm was all rain here on the coast)...I hate snow.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Sorry....Australian slang. Slip over heaps means slip over a lot.

Another example: I ate HEAPS of icecream.
    Normally they wouldn't wear the heels in snow boots to work and then change when they get there.

They would wear the heels in snow boots? Or they wouldn't wear the heels and wear snow boots instead and then change?
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    How long does it snow for there? Will it melt in a few days and go back to normal for a while? Or will you have a blanket of snow for weeks and weeks?

It depends on where (much like I'm sure the weather down there). In some places, it snows and melts fairly quickly (at least where I live) most of the time. In others, once it snows, there's snow on the ground the rest of the winter that slowly melts, then gets piled back on with the next snow. Spring becomes very interesting in those parts (think lots of mud).

As Mickey said - other than the removal of snow, the issue becomes the underneath melting and then freezing, leaving a sheet of ice that becomes dangerous.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

They would wear the heels in snow boots? Or they wouldn't wear the heels and wear snow boots instead and then change?

The latter.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

It depends on where (much like I'm sure the weather down there). In some places, it snows and melts fairly quickly (at least where I live) most of the time. In others, once it snows, there's snow on the ground the rest of the winter that slowly melts, then gets piled back on with the next snow. Spring becomes very interesting in those parts (think lots of mud).

As Mickey said - other than the removal of snow, the issue becomes the underneath melting and then freezing, leaving a sheet of ice that becomes dangerous.

I was kinda asking the question in relation to where Speedy lives.

Where do you live? Once it melts, does everything go SUPER green?
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    ZiggyStar wrote:

The latter.
    The smart ones do.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,785
    Why now you dont shoveling
    :lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
    ZiggyStar wrote:

wear snow boots and bring the heels (should they be wearing them that day) and then change.

Tell you what take a trip out east...Mrs. Green Circle and I will take you to visit the family in Maine and New Hampshire and you can experience the snow and such in person. :D

and to you tater926.....

I LOVE THE SNOW!! BRING IT ON!! Would LOVE an ALL OUT BLIZZARD THIS YEAR!!!!
    COME ON MOTHER NATURE!! SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT!!!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

nah...not really...just back to normal depending on the weather immediately after the thaw

Tell you what take a trip out east...Mrs. Green Circle and I will take you to visit the family in Maine and New Hampshire and you can experience the snow and such in person. :D

Nawww! :D That would be fantastic!! I get so many lovely invites to places on this forum and offers to stay with people or for people show me around etc.....and I'm not talking about the weird ones.....I get a few of those too! :shock: :?

I'm going to have so much fun when I finally go to the US! Sounds like accommodation is going to be quite cheap! :mrgreen:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Nawww! :D That would be fantastic!! I get so many lovely invites to places on this forum and offers to stay with people or for people show me around etc.....and I'm not talking about the weird ones.....I get a few of those too! :shock: :?

I'm going to have so much fun when I finally go to the US! Sounds like accommodation is going to be quite cheap! :mrgreen:

Should you come to the U.S. which Airport would you fly out of?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

the first snow typically is between thanksgiving and mid decemeber with the last snow typically being done by late feb, although a march sometimes has a snow storm or two.

sometimes it's on the ground for a day, sometimes all winter. last year, it got cold and stayed cold and the early jan snow was buried under late feb snow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ZiggyStar wrote:

stop by chicago.....and we can live out your dreams. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Australian airport? Probably Sydney.
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Sorry for horning in. :lol: No. It stays dead all winter, but that has nothing to do with snow. It's too cold for grass, trees, etc. No leaves on trees, etc. whether it snows or not.

I live on Long Island - part of NY - juts out east of Manhattan (otherwise known as New York City). It's a LONG Island :lol: , so the water tempers out weather. We don't get a whole lot of snow to begin with (except last winter). We sometimes get rain when folks around us get snow in the winter (or snow that turns to rain). Which still doesn't help the green.

Where Speedy lives, it's FRIGID all winter (and beyond :lol: ) They are in the snow on the ground side of things.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Australian airport? Probably Sydney.
    Don't take Oceanic Airlines flight 815.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    81 wrote:

stop by chicago.....and we can live out your dreams. :P

:shock:

I'm scared I'd be disappointed. :lol::lol:

8-)
    :cry:

:lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I live in chicago....
    Soldier Field 7/11/95 Alpine Valley 6/26/98 United Center 6/29/98 The Ice Bowl10/8/00 United Center 5/17/06 United Center 8/23/09 Verizon Wireless 5/7/10 EV Chicago Theater 6/29/11 PJ20 9/3/11 9/4/11 Wrigley Field 7/19/13 Memphis 10/14/14 Moline 10/17/14 Wrigley Field 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 8/18/18 Wrigley Field 8/20/18> 17× United Center 9/7/23