Options

Disney Vacations

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    DS1119 wrote:
    How's the trip going? :corn:
    Trip was good,but we've learned a lesson this trip. NO MORE FAMILY VACATIONS!!!!!!! At least not to a place were relaxing isn't your main objective. The AOA is a very nice place to stay,especially for a value resort. I love drinking in Epcot,so much to choose from. Seeing the castle light up is pretty freaking cool,it glows like nothing i've ever seen in person.

The Osbourne family lights might have been the coolest light show i've ever seen though. They deff go all out there which is nice. Finally did the tower of terror,that ride is crazy :shock: Downtown and the Boardwalk have a great selection for the liver :D Besides the delay and the weather the 1st two days the rest of the vacation was very good. Via Nopoli's pizza in Italy was amazing. But the meal of the trip might have been the steak at the new Be Our Guest Rest in Fantasyland. I love A1 steak sauce,but it wasn't needed at all.

Awesome! Yeah the tower of terror is pretty 8-)
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    How's the trip going? :corn:
    Trip was good,but we've learned a lesson this trip. NO MORE FAMILY VACATIONS!!!!!!! At least not to a place were relaxing isn't your main objective. The AOA is a very nice place to stay,especially for a value resort. I love drinking in Epcot,so much to choose from. Seeing the castle light up is pretty freaking cool,it glows like nothing i've ever seen in person.

The Osbourne family lights might have been the coolest light show i've ever seen though. They deff go all out there which is nice. Finally did the tower of terror,that ride is crazy :shock: Downtown and the Boardwalk have a great selection for the liver :D Besides the delay and the weather the 1st two days the rest of the vacation was very good. Via Nopoli's pizza in Italy was amazing. But the meal of the trip might have been the steak at the new Be Our Guest Rest in Fantasyland. I love A1 steak sauce,but it wasn't needed at all.
    No Family Vacations?
    Humbug!

:P
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Haha,that Disney Vacation Club is a damn good deal though. I highly recommend looking into it with over 500 locations to stay.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    So they Flied ...
    Came back with Mouse stuff. People were asses. No one really had a great time.

I've been way too many times.

Disney SUCKS!!!!!!

unless you get technical
    many wont ever get that

Super awesome, I watched peeps pets the whole week :(

Mickey mouse antenna can never make up for my trauma! ;)
  • Options
    Only 210 more days!!!!
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    :D lucky you
    Only 210 more days!!!!
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Only 210 more days!!!!
    There's talk of another early December trip :shock: :o :?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Only 210 more days!!!!
    We are all booked for middle of September again.
    In March, we can start booking are meals!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Whats the Bar-Be-Que joint you want me to go to?
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    Only 210 more days!!!!
    We are all booked for middle of September again.
    In March, we can start booking are meals!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

well not the bbq but i recommend the teppan edo in epcot japan. good eats
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options

Flame Tree in Animal Kingdom and Whispering Canyon Cafe. Flame Tree was voted the best if I remember correctly. If you want good pizza then Via Nalpoi in Italy was awesome. The best steak I had was in Be Our Guest restaurant in fantasyland.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Only 210 more days!!!!
    I really want to go for the holidays this year. I don't think that's gonna happen though. My wife is usually busy around that time
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Only 210 more days!!!!
    I really want to go for the holidays this year. I don't think that's gonna happen though. My wife is usually busy around that time
    It's cool man. The Castle is nuts looking in person. And the Osbourne Family light show is something else.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    So. My wife just came home with a AAA package. She wants to go (with the kids) October 30th until November 6th. Halloween, My Birthday and Our Anniversary in Disney all in the same week. :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

Can I pull off 3 vacations in one year?
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    So. My wife just came home with a AAA package. She wants to go (with the kids) October 30th until November 6th. Halloween, My Birthday and Our Anniversary in Disney all in the same week. :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

Edit. That didn't take long. We decided against Halloween, but going 12/22 until 12/29. Christmas In disney, The Kids are going to FLIP THE FUCK OUT
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    all those thousands of dollars and my kids really don't remember the trips that much
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    if i had to spend a week in disney over christmas...i might just shoot myself....in the foot......and enjoy a nice relaxing week in the hospital.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I still remember almost every one of the family trips that I took as a kid. Road Trips, Disney, and summer rentals. I may not remember the specifics but looking back at those pictures every few years brings back the simpler times in life.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    if i had to spend a week in disney over christmas...i might just shoot myself....in the foot......and enjoy a nice relaxing week in the hospital.
    I did that two weeks ago in vegas with 9 other guys. It's good to make family sacrifices isn't it? And damn. I fucking love roller coasters.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:

Edit. That didn't take long. We decided against Halloween, but going 12/22 until 12/29. Christmas In disney, The Kids are going to FLIP THE FUCK OUT
    DON"T GO AT THAT TIME. Go the week earlier crowds will be ALOT less crowded and all the same stuff will be there. We Went for Christmas and it was a nightmare. We went last year from the 12-20th and it was better. It's gonna be heavier regardless but you'll enjoy it much more.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    And if you wait they'll be doing there free dinning plan offers which we used for our trip last year. You'll save money and enjoy shorter lines. They offered the Nov-Dec rates around June or July if I remember correctly.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks. What's considered a nightmare? We went last year during Memorial Day/Star Wars week and it was busy but we got through it. Expecting long lines and utilizing the fast pass is a given.

We got the free dining plan.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    LloydXmas wrote:
    81 wrote:
    I did that two weeks ago in vegas with 9 other guys. It's good to make family sacrifices isn't it? And damn. I fucking love roller coasters.

family sacrifies........i'm not familiar with this phrase. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Thanks. What's considered a nightmare? We went last year during Memorial Day/Star Wars week and it was busy but we got through it. Expecting long lines and utilizing the fast pass is a given.

We got the free dining plan.
    Over 200 min waits on many of the Big attractions. They say that it starts getting crazy around a week before. you'l see ALL the same stuff anytime around mid November as you would Christmas day. Osbourne family lights the castle being lit. The special Very Merry Christmas Party's at the Magic Kingdom which cost extra. The decorations are all up, the ginger bread houses made all from actual cookies. Trust me i've goon through it and researched the hell out of it. Less money,crowds and all the same stuff. Early Dec is prob the best time IMO.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    If my wife didn't become pregnant we planned on going back in early Dec again. Last yr the Magic Kingdom reached capacity 4 diff times in your 22-29th range. The 24,25,27 and 28th all hit phase 3 numerous times.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,796
    If my wife didn't become pregnant we planned on going back in early Dec again. Last yr the Magic Kingdom reached capacity 4 diff times in your 22-29th range. The 24,25,27 and 28th all hit phase 3 numerous times.
    2nd week of September, Kathy and I will be visiting the land of Mickey, once again.
  • Options
    Still talking it over. The Mickey Christmas Party ends on the 20th. Kind of defeats the whole purpose.
  • Options
    2nd week of September, Kathy and I will be visiting the land of Mickey, once again.
    We were there from the 12-19th in Sept 2 yrs ago. Other then the heat and the love bugs it's great there then. Having a baby will halt my vacations for a bit.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    RKCNDY wrote:

That's Brilliant!!! :lol::clap::clap::clap: Handicapable people get the V.I.P. Treatment at Disney World.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:

rich people will do anything to cheat the system

poor peopel will do anything for buck

capitalism at it's finest. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg