Options

Boston 2 PUKE

Comments

• Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    I puked last night! a real nasty stinkfest. I bet it was the jagger.
    ~JzP
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    norm wrote:
    so ken, did you survive last night?! :mrgreen:

Yes, and for the record, my no-puke to puke ratio per PJ show is 19:1, with a 10 show no-puking streak. :mrgreen:

btw, thanks norm for finding the link to the apology thread I had posted all those years ago. I thought it had been lost when the board changed over. it was interesting (and funny) to read, and I didn't sound like as much of a dork as I thought I did. :geek: it's just that one lame joke based on a Severed Hand line that I would change if I could. :oops:
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 645
    Memories

ahhhhhh
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    :lol::lol::lol:
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/ ... d69678.jpg

just look at the splatter zone ... a good 3-4 FEET ..... must have came out at about 23-25 MPH

(on weekends im a car crash investigator)
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    thats disgusting!
    :shock:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Kenny's a good dude. What a story, what a night. The legend lives on!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    I just discovered this thread and I must admit that apart from the hilarious entertainment I had while reading this, it's a wonderful source of new vocabulary for me! I'm not a native English speaker and I really enjoy all the well-crafted descriptions and I am amazed to see so many expressions for "kotzen" - that's the German word, I also like that a lot :lol:

EDIT: I also needed to brush my teeth twice while reading and I didn't dare to look at the photo because the descriptions were already sufficient enough for me to have a strange feeling coming up my throat ...
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    I still laugh my ass off just seeing this thread...... :lol:

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    4 years ago... wow
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    this weather made me puke.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    LOVE!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    oh my goodness, this entire thread just cracked me up! what a way to start your day hahaha
    Keep on Jammin' in the Free World!

Stockholm '00 ~~ Columbus '03 ~~ NYC-1 '03 ~~ Boston '04 ~~ Borgata'05 ~~ Cincinnati '06 ~~ Hawaii-2 '06 ~~ Bonnaroo '08 ~~ Chicago-1 '09 ~~ Philly-3&4 '09 ~~ Columbus '10 ~~ Dublin '10 ~~ Belfast '10 ~~ London '10 ~~ Berlin '10
  • Options
    FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 972
    arq wrote:
    4 years ago... wow

Closer to 5 now ;)
  • Options
    Wow. I cannot believe I've gone this long and not read this thread. It is just after 5:00 am and I have spent the last 45+ minutes reading it as well as keeping myself from puking, not an easy accomplishment. Kenny, you are a trooper and to the OP, it's awesome that you were there to record such a momentous occasion.

I have a little story: Saw AIC in Huntington, WV last year. Was sitting in the second level when I all of a sudden heard a wretching. There was a guy who managed to puke from the center of the floor all the way out to the concourse. It was a trail of puke. Not a pleasant thing to see, or smell, but pretty funny anyway. :lol:
    <b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>
  • Options
    I would like to add, I had clam chowder for dinner today and every so often, while eating, this thread and the pictures included with it would come back very vividly. Not good. :sick::lol:
    <b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Ewww! That's the first time I saw a pic of it. Yuck! Only die-hards would stay around. And yeah, that guy with no socks...yuck!

You know he is wearing socks to concerts from now on ... lol
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Options
    UNH1995UNH1995 Worcester Posts: 356
    Jumped on today for the first time in a long time.
    What a nice birthday surprise it was to see this old thread on the front page.

- Andy
    Lalapalooza 1992, Orphium Boston 1994, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1998, Mansfield 2000, Mansfield 2003(1&3), West Palm 2003, State College 2003, Boston 2004, Albany 2006, Hartford 2006, Chicago 2006, Boston 2006, Mansfield 2008(1&2), Hartford 2008, Hartford 2010, Boston 2010, Worcester 2013 (1&2), All Four Fenway shows 2016 & 2018.
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 645
    must bump :twisted:
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Options
    UNH1995 wrote:
    Jumped on today for the first time in a long time.
    What a nice birthday surprise it was to see this old thread on the front page.

- Andy

And what a nice(?) birthday surprise it was for me to see this as a brand new thread on May 26, 2006. :) Hehe, I want to reiterate that I was never remotely upset with you for posting it, and I think all people should have a sense of humor about this kind of thing.

Not sure if I told this story before, but the way I found about this thread was hearing my then-girlfriend laughing hysterically in the bedroom as I was out in the living room. "Kenny someone made a thread about your puke last night - it's sooo funny!!! hahahahahaha" was essentially what I heard. And I'm almost positive it was jojo who called her to let us know. Maybe not realizing the lasting impact, I gleefully identified myself. ;)

It's funny... it's not often that I'd wear shoes and no socks, but I probably had been wearing sandals that day and then decided to throw on some old loafers that I always keep in my car. And when I got home that night I threw those puke-splattered shoes into an invisible corner of my porch to sit for awhile until I decided to throw them out. Maybe I should have sold them on ebay for charity? Why does that not sound crazy? Haha. I also find it funny that people think the slouched figure in the picture is someone other than me. Sorry to dissapoint! I mean it would be funny if some guy was just chillin' sockless by this massive puke splatter. I don't remember any puke getting on my ankles and there wasn't much on the shoes either. No one around me got hit by anything other than the smell, hahaha. This was in the middle of MMJ's set... you can't see it, but the seats around us were pretty empty. I don't remember anyone being in the row in front of me at the time, or behind me, although two people did show up not long after I puked and had seats right in front of me. I believe my girlfriend apologized for me on my behalf. I couldn't move if I had wanted to... I was seriously ill for a good 30 minutes. But by the time PJ came on, I was totally fine and rocked out!

I just told the story of this puke to my 9 year old daughter for the first time, and I just read her the original post ---- she is laughing out of control right now!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Thanks Andy! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    And she continues to laugh as I read her all of the funny follow-up posts. You've done good, Pearl Jam Nation. :lol::lol: "So everyone can read that you puked?" she asked.

"Did they cancel the show?" she just asked me. hahahahaha

"How about the Pearl Jam people, did they throw up after you threw up?" hahahahahahaha
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    saw some yoohoo at the store at lunch and wanted to come bump this thread.... figured it had been a while... wow was i wrong ;)

nice to see some fun things still on here

good times
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    I listened to this story first hand from the OP back at Hartford in 2008. I was in tears laughing. Just a great thread.

ooooh.... i want the live version

maybe that can be one of the acts at PJ20

I've met Kenny many times but I'm not sure if I've met UNH.... next tour!!!!!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    tour time bump :mrgreen:
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    lol, this is definitley, hands-down, the best thread on this, or the old board
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Pillow Pants seems to have made this thread their avatar…
    and a re-bump with the link to the VERY GRAPHIC picture. Please only click if you have the stones.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/unh1995/45d69678.jpg
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    still going? damn!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    Pillow Pants seems to have made this thread their avatar…
    and a re-bump with the link to the VERY GRAPHIC picture. Please only click if you have the stones.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/unh1995/45d69678.jpg
    YUMMY

i like to read this thread from time to time.
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options
    can't believe Kenny's been immortalized with his own logo at PJ20

nice work Ken! :mrgreen:

6123947732_6d00e57d5d.jpg
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    :lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me