Comments

• RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801
    Got my Maxx 242 shipping email yesterday

Did you use PayPal or a credit card?
  • RE4790 wrote:
    Got my Maxx 242 shipping email yesterday

Did you use PayPal or a credit card?

paypal
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PJLuisPJLuis Posts: 385
    I got my confirmation from Maxx242!!!

:thumbup:
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801
    demetrios wrote:
    PhishNoC wrote:
    Speaking of rarities, did anyone see the Sirius/XM Pearl Jam contest. The second prize pack is a bunch of PJ20 stuff, including a COLORED vinyl.

Sure did. But it's another "exclusive USA residents" jam. :(

Yeah, see how obnoxious putting geographic restrictions on things is? (hint, hint, ticket system whiners)
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Im just wondering why an artist would sell only 200...I know its a limited "cool" type thing...but if they wanted to make A LOT more money they would just print more.

They sold 200 for $90 = $18,000

They could easily sell 1000 more = $90,000

What good entreprenuer wouldn't want to do this?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890
    don't you guys think maxx and munk might think "wow! we made $18,000 in two minutes....let's print some more."

these guys aren't even as established as ames or BK....I would think they would like a little more cash :?

edit: ^^^^^ my thoughts exactly! :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MedozK wrote:
    Im just wondering why an artist would sell only 200...I know its a limited "cool" type thing...but if they wanted to make A LOT more money they would just print more.

I would pay $90 for a poster limited to 200 but not for one limited to 1200...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
    MedozK wrote:

the next thousand could be unsigned and $40-60 bucks.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    MedozK wrote:

Supply and demand. Keep the numbers low and the demand increases. Much akin to the recent ticketing fiasco that has befallen the groups fans.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
    MedozK wrote:

I could understand that, but I think a lot of people would just want this print anyway. (I would.. :D )
  • imalive wrote:
    MedozK wrote:

the next thousand could be unsigned and $40-60 bucks.

Sure, but then I guess they might not be able to charge $90 for the first run of 200...
    smithnic wrote:
    MedozK wrote:

Supply and demand. Keep the numbers low and the demand increases. Much akin to the recent ticketing fiasco that has befallen the groups fans.
    I know...its basic economics.. But damn wish i could get one of these.. :D but they are like $400 on ebay now.. :lol:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    that sets a bad precedent for them.

Next time they do a s/n or a limited run of a print, people wouldnt be so eager to shell out $90 for it. Maybe next time they print more. I do feel that 200 (250) was calculated by both artists as the number they wanted in print. They knew the demand.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    that sets a bad precedent for them.

Next time they do a s/n or a limited run of a print, people wouldnt be so eager to shell out $90 for it. Maybe next time they print more. I do feel that 200 (250) was calculated by both artists as the number they wanted in print. They knew the demand.
    I understand and know why they want to limit it....but as a fan...it makes me sad... :( ....but If i had gotten one..then i would be super happy.. :D

Whats crazy is that i have just migrated from collecting vinyl to posters...ADDICTION (My wife is gettting even more pissed, as I try and explain that these are "Art" and not a poster.. :lol: Its going to take an act of congress for her to let me put any posters anywhere in our house other than my office :D
  • MedozK wrote:
    My wife is gettting even more pissed, as I try and explain that these are "Art" and not a poster.. :lol: Its going to take an act of congress for her to let me put any posters anywhere in our house other than my office :D

Haha, I have the same problem... 8-)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I got the go ahead to put posters up and my wife actually likes them. Cleveland '10 Burwell over the fireplace, and a Toronto '09 Klausen in the main hallway. Among others in less-trafficked areas. She was against the idea at first, but saw how sharp they can look framed and matted. People always point those out first as well. Seattle EV I '11 is going up ASAP in the living room as well.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    i think this thread is getting a little out of hand with the hype... although ebay seems to be backing you up

and yes i want one ;)

the artists didn't know this was going to sell so quickly... as they've stated

it's a picture of a billboard from a show ... a show that already has official posters for each day... official posters for the entire weekend... etc etc

it's sort of an art print... traditionally they don't sell as well.... look at the klausen cloak and veil one of the most popular images ever... not a huge seller in the art print version

i don't know how much it costs them to make these prints... but say they did have high hopes and made 1000 of em... if only 743 sold... then they're stuck with inventory and possibly a loss?

also artists frown upon "just printing up more"... MayDay said it well... if they say it's a limited edition of 250... then go back on their word... it's pretty much lying

now... artists have done it... i know ames bros and todd slater have had AP2 runs... but it's not something that happens often

it's like the volcom eddie vedder tshirt thing... they tout this limited edition t shirt... then go back and print more... seemed kind of bullshit

if you think of it... everything is limited edition... whether or not you know the number produced is another story

ok... i'l stop rambling now ;) someone trade me a print ;)
    if you think of it... everything is limited edition... whether or not you know the number produced is another story
    A buddy of mine ...everytime he sees limited edition merch...he ALWAYS says "Yea, limted to how many they can sell" :lol:

I can always tell he is not real familiar with PJ Limited Merch....cause it is ALWAYS limited. (Meaning you either get it or your SOL.)
    MedozK wrote:
    A buddy of mine ...everytime he sees limited edition merch...he ALWAYS says "Yea, limted to how many they can sell" :lol:

is he a U2 fan? ;)

they take orders for "Limited Edition Vinyl"...

although... the zombie shirt seemed to be the same way or similar

now that i think of it... that method avoids the flipping for the most part... if you want it you put in an order... if you don't you move on ... wonder what the negatives are to "taking orders and then producing"

other than maybe demand decreasing since people get warm n fuzzy over "limited edition"
  • tem721tem721 Posts: 83
    dwhite76 wrote:
    ALREADY on EBAY $275 starting price

i will sell for 274
    I don't want to sound ridiculous or impatient, but where did MunkOne say that he didn't oversell? Was this from an email, facebook, or assumed because no one has been refunded? I know this has been stated on this thread, but I don't recall where this info came from. Thanks
    Joey
    EDIT - the comment above means i'm looking to buy... not looking to sell... sellers incur ebay fees... not buyers
    thx

Dude, I thought you got one?? Did your order get cancelled? Sell your 1st one and looking to buy a 2nd? Just curious...
    And my bad if I missed a comment somewhere that bridges the gap..

also artists frown upon "just printing up more"... MayDay said it well... if they say it's a limited edition of 250... then go back on their word... it's pretty much lying
    that's true....but if the next batch were unsigned, they'd be different :mrgreen:

man, I've got the perfect place over the flat screen for this poster.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    tem721 wrote:
    Dude, I thought you got one?? Did your order get cancelled? Sell your 1st one and looking to buy a 2nd? Just curious...

cancelled like a mofo...

much to the enjoyment of those who didn't appreciate my entertainment during the sale ;)
    imalive wrote:
    that's true....but if the next batch were unsigned, they'd be different :mrgreen:

man, I've got the perfect place over the flat screen for this poster.

email/facebook/tweet the artists and tell them this ;)

you could also start a petition here... "who would buy the billboard print unsigned for $50 shipped"

you never know ... it could actually work

although did they say the band put a limit on the number of prints produced?
    tem721 wrote:

cancelled like a mofo...

much to the enjoyment of those who didn't appreciate my entertainment during the sale ;)

Ouch!! I guess you shouldn't have tried to put 30 in your cart when they opened the flood gates, lol..
    Best of luck snagging one..
  • I got an email at like 3am saying my order from F4D is on it's way and to expect it December 16th. :D
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • I got an email at like 3am saying my order from F4D is on it's way and to expect it December 16th. :D
    Yay! :D I'm expected to get mine on the 17th!
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    To all of the box watchers..
    Be on the lookout for THIS box.. I almost gave the mailman a Heisman pose (a la Desmond Howard) when he handed to me, lol..

9f202026.jpg
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    tem721 wrote:
    Be on the lookout for THIS box.. I almost gave the mailman a Heisman pose (a la Desmond Howard) when he handed to me, lol..

9f202026.jpg
    That's Munk One packaging, yes? Congratulations! Are you going to videotape the unboxing and post it here? :mrgreen:
    Suziemay wrote:
    tem721 wrote:

9f202026.jpg
    That's Munk One packaging, yes? Congratulations! Are you going to videotape the unboxing and post it here? :mrgreen:

Yup, MunkOne's finest..
    LOL!! That's a little too much.. But it is dang funny :lol:
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I just got mine today. I was blown away by the detail paid to packaging! That said, this print is beautiful. The colors truly pop! I can't wait to get this framed and on the wall!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23