Options

Pearl Jam Announces 2012 Europe/UK Tour

Comments

• Options
    I'm going to Manchester that is a given no questions but maybe this time Europe will get a tour which is supporting an actual album. Not that I didn't enjoy the wide expanse of PJ back cat gig I saw in Aug 09 but we only got The Fixer & Got Some from BS, I am looking forward to hearing more of that album. I just would like it that this is the beginning of the support of the forthcoming album and not some warm up to the proper Album tour that the U.S always gets.

Another thing and I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion but I personally think that UK & Europe have the priority on these tickets with only a small proportion to the rest of the world. PJ have toured the U.S & Aus only recently and so has EV solo this should be a chance for as many UK & EU fans opportunity and not a bunch of more money than sense globe trotting PJ obsessives to snap up. Sorry but we get to see them rarely when the U.S see's them every fucking 6 month it seems at times in comparison to the rare visits we get.

I will be most looking forward to this and my friend who saw them last at Wembley Arena in 2000. Also 2012 will be my 20th Anniversary of becoming a PJ fan as Ten was not released till early 1992.
  • Options
    thehodge01 wrote:
    does anyone kno if you are limited to 2 tickets in the pre sale or can you get more ??????????????
    Only 1 pair (2 tickets) for each show.
    cheers dude
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    let me get something straight, all 3 countries in Scandinavia have their own currency, correct?

so i'll need to exchange my USD for 3 different currencies just for Scandinavia

and exchange USD to EUR for Berlin and Amsterdam

it seems very confusing :?
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited December 2011
    conman wrote:
    let me get something straight, all 3 countries in Scandinavia have their own currency, correct?

Really? Whenever I purchase something from 10c, I pay with my cc in dollars and my cc just re-calculates it. I think there shouldn't be a problem. Awesome if you're making the trip! Are you also planning on doing Berlin?

Edit: After Hinn's post I think I got what you meant :oops: Yup, the dollar isn't the currency in use in Europe! I suggest you'll have your credit card ready, but also change some money before you start your journey. Traveller cheques were quite useful to me when I travelled to the States and Canada, but I don't know if you have them in the States as well. You'll be fine with a cc, though.
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    conman wrote:

Welcome to international travel.

Individual nations do tend to have their own currency. The Euro itself has only existed as a circulated currency since 2002 to replace the old ones. Then again, by the time you arrive, it might be a very different economic climate and you may need to get Deutsche Mark and Dutch Guilder for Berlin and Amsterdam ;)

Now, imagine a tour in China and they're playing shows in Beijing, Macau, Hong Kong and Taipei. You'd need to use 4 currencies and you wouldn't have left the same country :)
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:
    conman wrote:

Really? Whenever I purchase something from 10c, I pay with my cc in dollars and my cc just re-calculates it. I think there shouldn't be a problem. Awesome if you're making the trip! Are you also planning on doing Berlin?
    i'm hoping to make Berlin, Amsterdam, Oslo, Stockholm, and Copenhagen

i guess i have plenty of time to figure out the currency
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    conman wrote:

Welcome to international travel.

Individual nations do tend to have their own currency. The Euro itself has only existed as a circulated currency since 2002 to replace the old ones. Then again, by the time you arrive, it might be a very different economic climate and you may need to get Deutsche Mark and Dutch Guilder for Berlin and Amsterdam ;)

Now, imagine a tour in China and they're playing shows in Beijing, Macau, Hong Kong and Taipei. You'd need to use 4 currencies and you wouldn't have left the same country :)
    i need to get out more :crazy: :lol:
  • Options
    The Rock wrote:
    9am PST is 5pm for us here in the UK. I shall be ready!

Yeah - I will be ready too... At 2 AM, somewhere in Seoul, Korea, logging into my hotel WiFi to get those tix out of the system ;=)

Wrong week to stop smoking....
    Wrong week to stop drinking...
    Wrong week to go on a business trip ... ;=)

Sander
    Wrigley 1 + 2 '16, Amsterdam '14, (Wrigley '13), Amsterdam '12, PJ20 Alpine '11, Chi '09, DC, June '08, MSG#1, June '08, Nijmegen, The Netherlands '07, Arnhem, The Netherlands '06
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    Leeze wrote:
    conman wrote:

i'm hoping to make Berlin, Amsterdam, Oslo, Stockholm, and Copenhagen

i guess i have plenty of time to figure out the currency

I'm sure you're going to master it ;) And probably seeya at least in Berlin :wave: Is it going to be your first time in Europe? It's gonna be exciting, and I especially like that all you Americans that are eager to follow the band are going to see something of the wild and exciting North of Europe :thumbup:
  • Options
    i need to get out more :crazy: :lol:

It doesn't matter : Europe is all one country :)

Anyways, it could soon be ;=)

Have a great time there :)
    Wrigley 1 + 2 '16, Amsterdam '14, (Wrigley '13), Amsterdam '12, PJ20 Alpine '11, Chi '09, DC, June '08, MSG#1, June '08, Nijmegen, The Netherlands '07, Arnhem, The Netherlands '06
  • Options
    Leeze wrote:
    I'm sure you're going to master it ;) And probably seeya at least in Berlin :wave: Is it going to be your first time in Europe? It's gonna be exciting, and I especially like that all you Americans that are eager to follow the band are going to see something of the wild and exciting North of Europe :thumbup:
    i went to Ireland about 5 years ago...

i was planning on going to Europe after i got out of the Navy and when the tour was announced it's the perfect opportunity.. i can't pass it up

i'm very excited, nervous, scared, unsure but i'll never forgive myself if i don't go

see you in Berlin :wave:
  • Options
    conman wrote:
    Leeze wrote:
    i went to Ireland about 5 years ago...

i was planning on going to Europe after i got out of the Navy and when the tour was announced it's the perfect opportunity.. i can't pass it up

i'm very excited, nervous, scared, unsure but i'll never forgive myself if i don't go

see you in Berlin :wave:

I felt the same before my US / Canada trip and I can only say - DO IT! You won't regret it, Europe can be awesome :D
  • Options
    dufferduffer Posts: 135
    Does getting a e mail/code gurantee tickets ?As long as we buy them in the alloted time obviously.Or is it still a bit hit or miss on the day ?
    Also do Crowd surge charge a booking fee ?
    Also also does Eddie drink a particular wine or is it just any random red ?(just curious about this,not planning on buying him some,Im sure he can afford his own by now ! )
    Sat drinking wine
  • Options
    http://www.estupidafregona.net/
    :shock: Crisis prices!! What irony...
  • Options
    duffer wrote:
    Does getting a e mail/code gurantee tickets ?As long as we buy them in the alloted time obviously.Or is it still a bit hit or miss on the day ?
    Also also does Eddie drink a particular wine or is it just any random red ?(just curious about this,not planning on buying him some,Im sure he can afford his own by now ! )

But about the wine......does anyone ever had a bird's eye view? Someone must know something more specific........
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre, WI - Aug 29, 1992
    Fort Bend County Fairgrounds, TX - Sep 05, 1992
    Pensacola Beach, FL-Sep 21, 2012
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    duffer wrote:
    No guarantee, it just provides access. The time it takes to sell out depends on how many tickets 10c has managed to negotiate. Sometimes they get most the standing tickets (IIRC at Wembley 07 10c managed to get all the standing tickets), other times they only manage to get a certain proportion of the tickets. In the past they've released tickets to European members first, then everyone else a few days later. This time it's a free for all, so no idea how that'll effect the presales.
    duffer wrote:
    Usually 10c presales don't charge a booking fee, since everyone picks up from the box office they just charge a standard price. This is the reason 10c tickets often appear more expensive than GA tickets, since the GA price is without the booking fee and 10c is with. But this is the first time 10c have used crowdsurge so we'll have to wait and see.
    duffer wrote:
    How do you know there's always wine in there? ;)
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    mtxmtx Posts: 283
    duffer wrote:
    It's italian (I'll post tomorrow is it chianti or what when I find article on my PC) or merlot (as an option).
    I don't know why is he drinkig something like that, when shiraz is 1000 times better :-P
    They also order some beer (about 50) and... I need to find full list I found in some magazine, but let me sleep I'll do it tomorrow :-)
    Wuhlheide 2006, 2009, 2010,2014; Chorzów 2007; Hyde Park 2010; Open'er 2010;
    Alpine 1&2;
    2012 Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, Copenhagen;
    2013 Wrigley EarthCam / Ice cold water $1
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    This weirld little tour is a really nice surprise .
    I might choose Stockholm and Copenhagen...but the ticket prices are fuckin expensive :shock: if you ask me
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    duffer wrote:

But about the wine......does anyone ever had a bird's eye view? Someone must know something more specific........

I remember reading somewhere that there was actually red Gatorade in the wine bottles Eddie drinks from on stage. :)
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Posting in case this helps somebody. Converted ticket pair prices to USD for me to budget and mull over this weekend (did not include the festivals without 10c presale):

Manchester, UK --- 101.36 GBP --- $159
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands --- 131.36 EUR --- $176
    Berlin, Germany --- 135.64 EUR --- $181
    Stockholm, Sweden --- 1,282.00 SEK --- $190
    Oslo, Norway --- 1,345.00 NOK --- $234
    Copenhagen, Denmark --- 1428.00 DDK --- $257

They must have decided to do the shows from cheapest to most expensive venue :lol::lol: That $257 for a pair of Copenhagen sure is pricey.

Also, anyone know if the 10c presale will be paid for in USD or local currency? If local currency, your CC may charge you a fee. My Amex doesn't and thanks to using CrowdSurge that accepts Amex, I don't have to worry about this :D
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Okum wrote:
    cool. Hope I can make it to one.
    Get in!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Already bought Isle of Wight tickets - I'm delighted!
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Suziemay wrote:
    Posting in case this helps somebody. Converted ticket pair prices to USD for me to budget and mull over this weekend (did not include the festivals without 10c presale):

They must have decided to do the shows from cheapest to most expensive venue :lol::lol: That $257 for a pair of Copenhagen sure is pricey.

Also, anyone know if the 10c presale will be paid for in USD or local currency? If local currency, your CC may charge you a fee. My Amex doesn't and thanks to using CrowdSurge that accepts Amex, I don't have to worry about this :D

I know when I bought foo fighters tickets through crowdsurge, the charge was made in GBP, so I'd assume it will be the same for these shows - always in the local currency. Regarding fees, you might want to use a prepaid card - I've used that one for above mentioned purchase, and nothing was charged.

Now, I'm wondering this: my prepaid card expires 06/12, can I still get the pre-sale tickets with it? Do you have to show the cc as well when picking up 10C tickets? I have a normal visa too, but that one will be close to the limit this month anyway (damn you, christmas, flights and hotels! ;) ) so I'd like to buy the tickets from the other card.
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Kathi wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Also, anyone know if the 10c presale will be paid for in USD or local currency? If local currency, your CC may charge you a fee. My Amex doesn't and thanks to using CrowdSurge that accepts Amex, I don't have to worry
    about this :D

I know when I bought foo fighters tickets through crowdsurge, the charge was made in GBP, so I'd assume it will be the same for these shows - always in the local currency. Regarding fees, you might want to use a prepaid card - I've used that one for above mentioned purchase, and nothing was charged.

Now, I'm wondering this: my prepaid card expires 06/12, can I still get the pre-sale tickets with it? Do you have to show the cc as well when picking up 10C tickets? I have a normal visa too, but that one will be close to the limit this month anyway (damn you, christmas, flights and hotels! ;) ) so I'd like to buy the tickets from the other card.

You must show a government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, school ID) to collect your tickets at the box office. No exceptions. It is also helpful, but not necessary, to have your Ten Club member number available for additional verification.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    dnt post that prices..i see them and want to sleep and forget i ever knew this band.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    duffer wrote:

Had a look on google and found this:

http://www.feelnumb.com/2009/11/05/drin ... ders-wine/

Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam loves his wine. He always walks out on stage with his notebook in one hand and a bottle of wine in the other. In a recent interview in Rolling Stone magazine, Vedder was asked about the wine he drinks on stage. He only admitted it was red.
    Q. What kind of wine do you like onstage? As long as it's red?
    A. As long as it's red and there's a spare in the back.
    Q. What kind of grapes?
    A. I can't tell you; there's a bit of variation there. On the first leg of our last tour, I had been drinking regular wine, but I got the good stuff for our last show, and I don't know what kind of grapes they are but it's twice as potent. I realized this about halfway through the show. It was a political fundraiser, so I was like, "Damn I really gotta sober up!"

We found out that his wine of preference is actually Siduri Van der Kamp Pinot Noir average price: $49.99 . The wine is sent to Vedder without labels.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/pearl-jam-08
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    KarleyKarley Posts: 506
    I'm going to Manchester that is a given no questions but maybe this time Europe will get a tour which is supporting an actual album. Not that I didn't enjoy the wide expanse of PJ back cat gig I saw in Aug 09 but we only got The Fixer & Got Some from BS, I am looking forward to hearing more of that album.

They played 11 concerts all over Europe in 2010 to support Backspacer :)
    <object height="305" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="305" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/1168750&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" favorite tracks!</a> by <a href="
  • Options
    DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    Just to confirm... I know it states this quite explicitly in the 10C e-mail but this is not how I have done it for other events, so want to make sure... To collect 10C tickets on the day do I need the credit card I paid for them with, or just some sort of ID and the booking confirmation?

Thanks! :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    DavieB wrote:
    Just to confirm... I know it states this quite explicitly in the 10C e-mail but this is not how I have done it for other events, so want to make sure... To collect 10C tickets on the day do I need the credit card I paid for them with, or just some sort of ID and the booking confirmation?

some sort of ID and the booking confirmation(maybe u dont even need that booking conf)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    DavieB wrote:

some sort of ID and the booking confirmation(maybe u dont even need that booking conf)

Thanks! :-)