***Euro Cup 2016***

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,551

23scidoo said:

England plays good again..

They won't when the cup is around...heheh
    You never know..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    England never live up to (their own) expectations, they're just not very good. Great to see Wales top their group though, have to cheer for our Celtic brethren :tongue:
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    Vive les Irlandais! :lol: (et la police française)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,084

England never live up to (their own) expectations, they're just not very good. Great to see Wales top their group though, have to cheer for our Celtic brethren :tongue:

USA is better than them now, which we should considering our population.
  • Options

Except if we went by that logic, China and India would be the best at every sport in the world! When in fact, thus far China have only managed to be pretty damn good in badminton and table tennis :smile:

Also Iceland, with a population of around 330,000 would most likely beat USA I'm afraid :wink:
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,084

Except if we went by that logic, China and India would be the best at every sport in the world! When in fact, thus far China have only managed to be pretty damn good in badminton and table tennis :smile:

Also Iceland, with a population of around 330,000 would most likely beat USA I'm afraid :wink:
    True but those countries don't seem to care to play soccer much. India cares more about cricket.

Iceland beat the US? Shutter to think...
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,313
    Waaaaaalllleeesssss!

That is all :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Iceland is good right now. The problem is that soccer isn't popular enough in the States and their top athletes don't play. You don't think LeBron James would be the best fullback in the world if he played soccer from the time he could run and with the technical training found in European academies?
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Just seems weird with the Netherlands not qualifying, after the run they had in the World Cup.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,351
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    cant wait for spain-croatia!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    NanouNanou Posts: 191

cant wait for spain-croatia!

Me too. Ajmo Vatreni!!!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    Incredible touch...nice goal
  • Options
    Soft
  • Options
    What a game!
  • Options
    Holy hell
  • Options
    So so proud of the Croatian team! They have ended the Spanish series of undefeated games. Yes!
  • Options
    Nanou said:

So so proud of the Croatian team! They have ended the Spanish series of undefeated games. Yes!

Like the profile pic, big fan of Srna :smile: Hope they can go all the way!
  • Options
    again,,croatia is the best team of tournament
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PORTUGAL - HUNGARY..WHAT AN EPIC MATCH..WOW!!!!!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Excellent win for the Irish
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I R E L A N D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited June 2016
    CROJAM95 said:

Croatian fans are a fucking disgrace. Bunch of fucking animals.

I'm a Croat and I agree, born in the states

Great people there, but a large amount of brain dead people too

Not too bright

These people are so not evolved, they are living 25 years in the past

On a side note ( crazy...wish weren't true story)

My brother Met a Croatian girl online a few years back
    After 2 weeks of talking, he went there and they were engaged
    She comes here USA, that whole fiancée Visa thing
    She realizes you have to bust your ass in the States to haven$$ ( thought $ grows on trees here)
    My brother was not rich but not poor either
    She sold herself as religious and a good women
    After she no get what she wants
    She convinces him to leave everything to move to Croatia with her
    Told my family they would be out in matter of weeks
    They leave... My mother & me, and some other family were defrauded over $ 160,000.00 due to my asshole brother working at a bank and using info he had from us to open loans, cash out and bounce

I don't blame her solely ( don't speak to my asshole brother anymore) but she was a WITCH. And worse of all this has happened to a few people I know from Croatian people.

Not trying to paint all in the same light since I go there every few years and love so many of them......but I know what a lot of them are about as I'm sure a lot of poor Eastern European countries have scammers like this

I met her family for a few days during her brief time stateside, they are houligans and lowlife scammers. No shame asking for dough and such

This whole thing has caused a huge rift in my family.... My Mom begged me not to press charges(even though it probably wouldn't matter since they flew the coupe and there is no extradition here) so me and my Mom also don't really speak

She was worried bought their newborn child, which I get but this is FRAUD and I lost $20,000.00

A real shitty situation
    But one I've seen play out over the years with other people I know getting scammed

This thing has torn me up.... This brother I even brought to PJ20 (and many other shows)on my dime and took him to his beloved Packers home opener during that trip and countless things over the years

God forbid if I ever run into this chick one day or him.... My mom fell for this shit cause she was hellbent my brother marries his own nationality

Sickening

That felt good to let out.... I feel I should press charges but it's not easy, my family making it harder too
    Hey there fellow Croat.
    Sorry to read about your situation.
    I completely understand what you're saying. I hear stories too.
    Sent you a PM.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165

Croatian fans are a fucking disgrace. Bunch of fucking animals.

I agree with you 100%.
    They make me feel ashamed to be Croatian.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,351
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,983
    If somehow Portugal gets its shit together from now on (which i hope it will happen!) and eliminates Croatia , i think we can go all the way and win the final (hopefully against France...we have some shit to avenge from other tournments)

Usually Portugal against "smaller" teams has a tendecy to play really bad so maybe against Croatia we can finally play a little better.

Also about today´s game we got a lot of bad luck , 2 of their goals the ball touched on one of your players , one even fouled Patricio.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,928
    let's go ireland!
    and wales/northern england?! that's gonna be sick.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

Nanou said:

Thank you, jnimhaoileoin! :smile: I hope they can go all the way too, they're really a great generation who deserve a good result.
    I love Srna for a long time, and I must admit the first reason for this was that he comes from Metković, like my husband. :wink:
    Congratulations for having the best fans of the tournament! I hear only good stories about Irish. I have a coworker from Ireland, she says Irish fans are always the best. haha
  • Options
    Nanou said:

Nanou said:

Thank you, jnimhaoileoin! :smile: I hope they can go all the way too, they're really a great generation who deserve a good result.
    I love Srna for a long time, and I must admit the first reason for this was that he comes from Metković, like my husband. :wink:
    Congratulations for having the best fans of the tournament! I hear only good stories about Irish. I have a coworker from Ireland, she says Irish fans are always the best. haha
    Oh thank you, we figure we usually don't go very far so we may as well have fun while we're there!

I will be cheering Croatia on this Saturday :smile: I think they've always appealed to me because they're a real team, who work for each other, rather than just a collection of individuals