Options

***Euro Cup 2016***

Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Now we wait 4 years for the next one.
Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
"Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    we had a good draw!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    And you get to open the Euro. Should be a good game.

Still upset about the 2004 final.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

:lol: :twisted: :twisted: all Gods was sleeping that day
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

And it was in Portugal, which made it worse. :( :evil:
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    And it was in Portugal, which made it worse. :( :evil:
    Sorry,Greeks do it better :P
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    England Vs France should be a good game.
  • Options
    Poland! I have to support the motherland, I was planning on going to Poland just for this. Spent a fun weekend in Klagenfurt at the last euro cup, the atmosphere is amazing, i want to do it again
  • Options
    IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 258
    Supporting Ireland (naturally) but don't hold out much hope for us tbh.
    Will also shout for Germany as my adopted homeland.
  • Options
    Rooting for my fatherland, Germany. Amazed at the tough draw we got...3 of the Top 5 UEFA teams PLUS a tough Denmark that won its qualifying group over Portugal.

...BUT we're Germany and should win the group anyways!

And then there is the SHIT Group A with no good teams in it. Oh well, such is life in European soccer!

I'd also like to see Ireland do well as I have family there, but honestly, I'm not expecting much from them in Group C. Just happy to see them make it!
  • Options
    Top 3 Group Games to watch (for those of you who don't watch soccer, but know there's gonna be some good sporting)

1. Germany vs Netherlands
    2. England vs France
    3. Italy vs Spain
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I am glad Croatia got Italy in the same group, we always beat them.
    GO CROATIA!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Top 3 Group Games to watch (for those of you who don't watch soccer, but know there's gonna be some good sporting)

2. England vs France
    3. Italy vs Spain
    Germany vs. Portugal is going to be a really good game to watch.
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    Spain will obviously win the group, but any one of Croatia, Italy or Ireland could finish second. Maybe one of them teams will Spain them by sitting back and defending all game, like Switzerland did in the last world cup.

Italy had a great Qualifying campaign, but their 2 first choice forwards will probably miss the Euros (Cassano & Rossi). Balotelli will probably start for them, and he is a very volatile player. but they have plenty of replacements so we will see (Quagliarella, Matri, Pazzini)
    Croatia have a good chance of getting out of the group if Eduardo, Modric, Perisic and Ilisevic stay fit .
    Ireland's squad is getting better, and by next summer I expect the fringe players that fitTrapattoni's system could be given a chance, particularly Walters, McCarthy and Coleman.

Ireland to lose to spain, beat Italy, and draw with Croatia
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

2. England vs France
    3. Italy vs Spain

Yes it will, I did not want to add that too, as I am already biased towards Germany :lol:
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

2. England vs France
    3. Italy vs Spain

Yes it will, I did not want to add that too, as I am already biased towards Germany :lol:
    :lol: And I'm biased towards Portugal.
  • Options
    Rooney suspension now 2 games in this competition. He will miss group games vs. Sweden and France.
  • Options
    Rooney suspension now 2 games in this competition. He will miss group games vs. Sweden and France.
    Was he suspended during the last Euro Cup?
  • Options
    Bump for less than 3 months until this begins! :D
  • Options
    A-month-away bump!
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    A-month-away bump!
    the final is at 1st july
    we have a pj fans meeting in Prague at a big bar to watch the game ad meet... :D:D:D
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    A-month-away bump!
    the final is at 1st july
    we have a pj fans meeting in Prague at a big bar to watch the game ad meet... :D:D:D
    Awesome!
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I like lots of teams...Italy (though I hope they're no longer as crap as during the last world cup) Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands...I'm basically hoping Germany and France will lose and will be happy for all others. ;)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    We will be in Amsterdam on the day of the first semi-final, and Manchester on the days of the second semi-final and the final.....it will be great if NED and ENG are involved in those matches!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    We will be in Amsterdam on the day of the first semi-final, and Manchester on the days of the second semi-final and the final.....it will be great if NED and ENG are involved in those matches!

Even if they're not, it'll be a good party atmostphere especially in the Dam! I remember travelling through Europe during the World Cup and had great craic with all the random nationalities appearing from out of nowhere in different countries... good times :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Jennytree wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Even if they're not, it'll be a good party atmostphere especially in the Dam! I remember travelling through Europe during the World Cup and had great craic with all the random nationalities appearing from out of nowhere in different countries... good times :D

thanks for the info!

If NED is in the semi's, I wonder if any Dutch fans will skip the PJ show on the 27th?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

thanks for the info!

If NED is in the semi's, I wonder if any Dutch fans will skip the PJ show on the 27th?
    we saw at Berlin at 2010 world cup the match Portugal-Spain the day before pj show
    ..we was like 25 pj fans together from 12 countries..
    at Brandenburg Gate...there was thousand of people ,with flags,big screens..was awesome..and then went all to an open bar till early morning.. :D
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Scotland isn't there, so i'm not really interested. would be good to see a team that hasn't won before. win it.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    20 days
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Scotland isn't there, so i'm not really interested. would be good to see a team that hasn't won before. win it.

Just because Dimi seems over excited about this, i'll join him in supporting greece, more or less Scotlands colours anyway. :D
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08