Options

***Euro Cup 2016***

Comments

• Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    I'm supporting Spain today :D
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited June 2012
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    penalties worst way to decide game, but better team went through today.

Agree 100% on PKs deciding games. Should play till a goals scored which would leave best team standing.
    SpaIn/Portugal today's gonna be sick. It's almost a Classico with the teams stacked with barca and Madrid players. Can iker keep Cristina (fixed for New) off the sheet?!?!? Spain 2-1
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    badbrains wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Agree 100% on PKs deciding games. Should play till a goals scored which would leave best team standing.
    SpaIn/Portugal today's gonna be sick. It's almost a Classico with the teams stacked with barca and Madrid players. Can iker keep Christina off the sheet?!?!? Spain 2-1

If you're going to mock Ronaldo, at least get the spelling right. Cristina.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Can it be 2:30 already? I'm dying for this game to begin.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    badbrains wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

SpaIn/Portugal today's gonna be sick. It's almost a Classico with the teams stacked with barca and Madrid players. Can iker keep Christina off the sheet?!?!? Spain 2-1

Dude, relax, that's how I spell it. Jesus Christ youre calling out my spelling? Grammar police on the hunt. Thanks New, can't go on living spelling Christina wrong. Oops I fucked up again. CRistina
  • Options
    Penalties are awesome. Playing until someone scores just doesn't work which is why we have a penalty shoot out.
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    badbrains wrote:

Dude, relax, that's how I spell it. Jesus Christ youre calling out my spelling? Grammar police on the hunt. Thanks New, can't go on living spelling Christina wrong. Oops I fucked up again. CRistina
    Why are you getting so uptight? Relax. I was just joking about it.
  • Options
    My bad New, thought u were like some of the other grammar geeks who always seem to comment on peoples post. It's all good. I just hate that guy so I purposely spell his name wrong. Anything with fake Madrid I have zero use for. Hence my disrespect for CHristina hahaha
  • Options
    Penalties are awesome. Playing until someone scores just doesn't work which is why we have a penalty shoot out.

Fun to watch no doubt but best team doesn't always win. Imagine if England had won that game vs Italy? After Italy basically dominated possession and game. That would've sucked for the azzurri.
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354

awesome, but not for england, unfortunately(

i think 2 best teams will play tomorrow, today i'm against spain (as always)

pirlo > xavi
  • Options

pirlo > xavi

Now that's the funniest thing I've seen in a LONG time. You're right, pirlo is better then Xavi ALONSO!!!!
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:

Fun to watch no doubt but best team doesn't always win. Imagine if England had won that game vs Italy? After Italy basically dominated possession and game. That would've sucked for the azzurri.

The best team doesn't always win in 90 mins either.

A shoot out is just tense and exciting but if a team can't score after 120 mins what are you gonna do? You could keep going but it would just get boring and the players would start getting injured and over exhausted and as a result the team they face in the next round would have an advantage.
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    and i really love the way italy played vs england, we beat them them 3-0 in a friendly game before euro, now it's a completely different team! they play with heart and they give everything on the pitch

PS and their anthem is coool 8-)
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:

The best team doesn't always win in 90 mins either.

A shoot out is just tense and exciting but if a team can't score after 120 mins what are you gonna do? You could keep going but it would just get boring and the players would start getting injured and over exhausted and as a result the team they face in the next round would have an advantage.

Sorry, but i couldn't Dis-agree with u any more. From someone who's played football in Europe and America for over 15 years, that's the worst way to decide a match. Especially that huge of a match. It's the whole "last man standing" syndrome. Only people wanting pks to decide matches are fans and the non superior team. They do it in hockey with sudden death, next goal wins. Ask any player or coach and they'll tell u the same, I guarantee it.
    And on a side note. One year we played in a tournament and had a similar situation. We dominated the match but just ran into some bad luck and goalie who looked out of this world. After the regulation time and ot, there coach actually asked the league officials if they could run relays against us instead of pks. That was funny shit...
  • Options
    They treid the whole 'next goal wins' thing but the teams were too afraid to go out and attack from fear of conceding. Depends on the sport of course. The FA cup in England has replays i.e. if the game is a draw then they play again but sometimes that still ends in a draw. Just can't keep going forever. Not many people are against penalty shoot outs to be honest. We love them in football, so much drama. May not be always the best team that go through but you can say the same for any game of football. That's why it's the best sport in the world :D
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    :lol::lol::lol:

..England fan who flashed Diamanti at Euro 2012 exposed
    AFP – 3 hrs ago.........Related Content.
    ...Italian midfielder Alessandro Diamanti …
    ....The England fan who exposed himself in a vain bid to distract Italy's Alessandro Diamanti as he took the decisive penalty in Sunday's Euro 2012 quarter-final penalty shootout said on Wednesday he had no regrets.

Tim O'Leary, a 35-year-old multi-millionaire who has a trading company in the City of London, told the Sun he would do anything to see England win - however Diamanti coolly slotted the penalty home for a 4-2 win on penalties.

"I was just trying to do my bit,' he told the Sun.

"It was a spur of the moment thing. I'd do anything to see England win, but sadly it didn't work."

O'Leary, who was standing behind the goal where the penalties were being taken and decided to lower his trousers as Diamanti stepped up, said he had paid for the effort physically having run from one end of the stadium in Kiev to the other to be in the perfect position.

"I ran because I knew we were going to lose and I wanted to try and put the guy off," said O'Leary.

"I did it wearing shin pads, football boots, you name it. The blisters on my feet are absolutely killing."

O'Leary got the stamp of approval from his wife Klara, who watched the game on TV as she is eight months pregnant with twins.

"She found it very, very funny."

• Options
    Weab76Weab76 Posts: 55
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:

..England fan who flashed Diamanti at Euro 2012 exposed
    AFP – 3 hrs ago.........Related Content.
    ...Italian midfielder Alessandro Diamanti …
    ....The England fan who exposed himself in a vain bid to distract Italy's Alessandro Diamanti as he took the decisive penalty in Sunday's Euro 2012 quarter-final penalty shootout said on Wednesday he had no regrets.

Tim O'Leary, a 35-year-old multi-millionaire who has a trading company in the City of London, told the Sun he would do anything to see England win - however Diamanti coolly slotted the penalty home for a 4-2 win on penalties.

"I was just trying to do my bit,' he told the Sun.

"It was a spur of the moment thing. I'd do anything to see England win, but sadly it didn't work."

O'Leary, who was standing behind the goal where the penalties were being taken and decided to lower his trousers as Diamanti stepped up, said he had paid for the effort physically having run from one end of the stadium in Kiev to the other to be in the perfect position.

"I ran because I knew we were going to lose and I wanted to try and put the guy off," said O'Leary.

"I did it wearing shin pads, football boots, you name it. The blisters on my feet are absolutely killing."

O'Leary got the stamp of approval from his wife Klara, who watched the game on TV as she is eight months pregnant with twins.

"She found it very, very funny."

Someone pinned the picture on the notice board at work, tremendous!! :lol:
  • Options
    Game time just around the corner! :D
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    lets hope the game lives up to expectation.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    Portugal are trying too many long balls and are just giving possession away too easily.
  • Options
    The Portugese are giving it a good go, be interesting to see how long they can keep closing down Spain as quickly, I'm knackered just watching it.
  • Options
    Good game so far. Ref is a bit shite though. Need some more shots on goal this half, an early goal would be dynamite.
  • Options
    Good game so far. Ref is a bit shite though. Need some more shots on goal this half, an early goal would be dynamite.
    :D The man in the middle is having a stinker!!
    Negredo has been a bit lifeless as well, wonder if theyll change it soon?
  • Options
    Great game.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    I would pay money to see Ronaldo miss his penalty
  • Options
    Portugal deserve the win I think. Let's see about the penalty shoot out.
  • Options
    Fuck.
  • Options
    perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,970
    Back to back saves. :shock:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    How the fuck does Ronaldo not take a shot?!?!
  • Options
    Spain didn't deserve it but that's football for you.

Germany to win tomorrow and the final :D