-13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    Why are European dates announced so much farther in advance than dates in the U.S.? Is it because of the festivals? Whatever the reason, I like it!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    JimmyV wrote:
    Why are European dates announced so much farther in advance than dates in the U.S.? Is it because of the festivals? Whatever the reason, I like it!

Seems that way. And Euro festivals keep getting announced earlier each year!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

Its because of the festivals. In 2009, when they only play PJ shows it was announced only 3 months in advance.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    When will the God damn burd sing again?

Its hunting season. Maybe someone shot the messenger.
    Leeds 06
    Wembley 07
    Shepherds Bush
    Manchester
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878

what is this birdie waiting for? I loved the bird on sunday but i hate it now...
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

Its because of the festivals. In 2009, when they only play PJ shows it was announced only 3 months in advance.

Yes, I think Festivals have a different schedule than bands touring on their own. Plus there are a couple of things to consider: the Christmas market, the threat on the Euro zone (if the Euro loses value compared to the Dollar, it might not be worthwhile to tour extensively... check this article for some more detail: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 60042.html )
    Pearl Jam+ Social Distortion, dear God, please make this happen again!!
  • Options
    How do you its gonna be another day?????
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:

what is this birdie waiting for? I loved the bird on sunday but i hate it now...

Most birds are notoriously fickle and fanciful. Why anyone would entrust them with important messages is beyond me. The ever reliable, dependable and intelligent elephant would seem a more sensible choice to me.
    Leeds 06
    Wembley 07
    Shepherds Bush
    Manchester
  • Options
    Pauk wrote:
    Having rumoured dates only makes the anxiety worse!!! Being able to see prices of trains and planes without knowing if the rumours are true is torture.

You won't even need a train for the 1st gig ;)

• Options
    JimmyV wrote:

Yes, I think Festivals have a different schedule than bands touring on their own. Plus there are a couple of things to consider: the Christmas market, the threat on the Euro zone (if the Euro loses value compared to the Dollar, it might not be worthwhile to tour extensively... check this article for some more detail: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 60042.html )
    Yeah, cos what metallica don't have is lots of money.
  • Options
    :lol: yeah, these guys are a bit short on cash, let's pass round the hats for them!
    Pearl Jam+ Social Distortion, dear God, please make this happen again!!
  • Options
    PSUS2H wrote:
    Its goodbye in English (like the British would say)
    Yeah, in the 1940s :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    boyo79 wrote:
    Pauk wrote:
    Having rumoured dates only makes the anxiety worse!!! Being able to see prices of trains and planes without knowing if the rumours are true is torture.

You won't even need a train for the 1st gig ;)
    Nope! :D Rumoured date is only 2 days before Springsteen hits Manchester too... really hope the rumours are true and they don't clash.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    JimmyV wrote:

It would be awesome if in the announcement they would say Fall US dates to follow in the future
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Fair enough then :)
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    I just wish they could give us some idea as to when something will be posted.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    hehe I remember one time waiting for a couple of days after the date we needed our memberships to be updated before anything was said.

could be today, could be tomorrow...
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,269
    JimmyV wrote:

UK, Sweden, Norway & Denmark don't have € hurray for that. PJ playes in none € zoone. Make sense because the € is soon dead!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    Wow! Wasn't expecting a PJ tour next year if this is what it turns out to be.

When does the last headliner for IOW get announced?

If the rumoured dates are true I can see the Manchester date been the subject of an F5 meltdown. I would hate to miss out on that as I have great memories of the last gig there. Are we to presume Amsterdam is non-festival show? That one is tempting.

I think Manchester and Berlin for me. I have to experience Berlin after reading about the experiences and listening to the boots from 2009 and 2010. Lump in some sightseeing and it all sounds good. Roll on the announcement! :)
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

It would be awesome if in the announcement they would say Fall US dates to follow in the future
    I hope so. I'm going to US (NY/Washington/Denver) next september.
    Antwerp 2006 Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Berlin 2009 Manchester 2009 London 2009 Dublin 2010 Belfast 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Manchester I 2012 Amsterdam I 2012 Amsterdam II (Hell Yeah!!) 2012 Berlin II 2012 EV Amsterdam I 2012 Brad Utrecht 2013 Amsterdam I 2014 Amsterdam II 2014 Berlin 2014
  • Options
    GD274660 wrote:
    I just wish they could give us some idea as to when something will be posted.

Do they ever?
    The Scary Monster
  • Options

If the rumoured dates are true I can see the Manchester date been the subject of an F5 meltdown. I would hate to miss out on that as I have great memories of the last gig there. Are we to presume Amsterdam is non-festival show? That one is tempting.

I think Manchester and Berlin for me. I have to experience Berlin after reading about the experiences and listening to the boots from 2009 and 2010. Lump in some sightseeing and it all sounds good. Roll on the announcement! :)
    There's no festival in Amsterdam. So I think it will be the new Ziggodome. I went to the last two Berlin shows it's a magical location and a great city.
    Antwerp 2006 Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Berlin 2009 Manchester 2009 London 2009 Dublin 2010 Belfast 2010 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Manchester I 2012 Amsterdam I 2012 Amsterdam II (Hell Yeah!!) 2012 Berlin II 2012 EV Amsterdam I 2012 Brad Utrecht 2013 Amsterdam I 2014 Amsterdam II 2014 Berlin 2014
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    JimmyV wrote:

I couldn't agree more!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Olympics don't start until end of july

Trufax. July 15th until Sep 15th or something I believe.
    opening ceremony 27th July.. so plenty of time.
  • Options

Berlin is gonna be at the Berlin o2 Arena this time, not the Wuhlheide :(

Festival shows on the tour are IOW, Arras & Werchter

• Options
    i just lost my hope on a portugal date, but why don't they announce it already??
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

Berlin is gonna be at the Berlin o2 Arena this time, not the Wuhlheide :(

Festival shows on the tour are IOW, Arras & Werchter

How do you know? (dying for some official content)
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 442
    Quick question guys... what section of the goods to they sell tickets these days??

There is no 'tickets' section in goods anymore.
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • Options
    CornishMan wrote:
    Quick question guys... what section of the goods to they sell tickets these days??

There is no 'tickets' section in goods anymore.

It will be back soon!

This discussion has been closed.