Options

*** Santa Barbara Fanviews 7/13 Here ***

124»

Comments

• Options
    brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    chetti wrote:
    I'm hoping to find someone needing a SB 7/13 poster who has a LA 7/10 poster to trade. If so email me at: 2chamun@gmail.com.
    There are plenty available on EBAY
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    brianjdbrianjd Posts: 201
    robis726 wrote:
    I seem to recall a sign at the Santa Barbara show advising the concert-goers that the show was being filmed for a DVD called "Iconoclasts", and that every person at the show automatically granted a license to the recording company to use their likeness and image on the DVD.

Did I imagine this? Did anyone else see this? If yes, what do you think it was for?

This is a TV show. Not sure what network but know it is cable. If anyone gets details of the show please post.
    Irvine 1992, Las Vegas 1993, Mountain View 1994, San Diego 1995, Los Angeles 1996, Los Angeles 1998, Moutain View 1999, San Bernadino 2000, Los Angeles 2000, Irvine 2003, Irvine 2003, Moutain View 2003, Santa Barbara 2003, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006, Santa Barbara 2006
  • Options
    cuchetticuchetti Posts: 7
    brianjd wrote:
    There are plenty available on EBAY
    Unfortunetly there isn't...
    And besides, I would rather not go that route myself.
    I'm looking for a win win situation.
  • Options
    cuchetticuchetti Posts: 7
    Thank you to all the fans in the Stone section up front!!!
    It took awhile but with all the chanting and singing and callin
    out Stone, we finally got the man up and boppin with us.
    I think it was a great show all the way around. So nice to be
    outside and rockin with nature. such a pleasure.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    THE COOL THING ABOUT THIS SHOW WAS SEEING EDS DAUGHTER ON STAGE WITH HER MOMMY DANCING AND SINGING. THE VENUE WAS GORGEOUS, THE SETTING JUST PERFECT. I COULDNT HAVE BEEN WITH BETTER COMPANY IF I TRIED. THE LAIRD HAMILTON-BIG WAVE CONNECTION-PERFECT. THE BOYS ARE ALWAYS ON THEIR GAME BUT LET ME TELL YA....IT WAS NOOOOO HENRY FONDA SHOW!!!! THE SANTA BARBARA CROWD SUCKS BIG TIME. MAYBE NOT ALL THE FANS BUT LIKE 80% OF THE CROWD SUCKS. SO MUCH TALKING AND WALKING AROUND AND TO ME ITS DISRESPECTFUL BUT WHATEVER. THE SHOW SEEMED SHORT AND IM GLADD BECUZ I PERSONALLY DONT THINK THAT CROWD DESERVED THE BOYS MUCH LONGER. PLUS, AFTER BEING IN HOLLYWOOD THE NIGHT B4...ITS ALLLLLLL DOWNHILL FROM HERE. :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    liesandsaysliesandsays Posts: 132
    Just listening to the bootleg brings back the memories... what a night... this show was AMAZING... the highlight of my 2006 experience....
    Up the West Coast in 2006 and Hawaii++Santa Barbara, San Fran x 3, Portland, Gorge x2
    Chicago and Down the Coast in 2003
    Seattle 2005
    SF 2000, 2001, 2003--- oh or you can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself
  • Options
    vmfuryvmfury Posts: 1,079
    Just listening to the bootleg brings back the memories... what a night... this show was AMAZING... the highlight of my 2006 experience....

Glad YOU were able to attend. :)
    Shut the fuck up, stupid.
    ~ Ice Queen
  • Options
    I gave myself some time. The show was incredible; Low Light was the highlight for me. The setting is unbelievable, and if you looked above the seats you could see all the people who live overlooking the stage outside enjoying the music. (Can you imagine living there?!)
    Unfortunately the very thing that makes a show at the SB Bowl a unique experience also brings it down. What a beautiful place. Santa Barbara people, though, I just don't know. I think they were there just to be seen. Especially up top, it seemed like everyone knew each other and were locals, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but they weren't there for the band. They were there for a pre-party and to chat with their friends. Sorry if we interrupted you guys! I mean, we were just trying to enjoy our favorite band!
    I can't see this problem ever really going away; and the idea of not doing shows there is not realistic. I'll just have to make sure next time that I get 10C seats.
    One of the best parts of the show for me: we were among the first into the venue when they opened it up, so we saw everyone coming in. Among those who were right behind us was one guy (early twenties) who came in alone. He was a few rows ahead and seemed so excited for the show and we assumed he was waiting for someone to join him. Not the case - this guy was just a diehard fan, there to hear his band play outside. He knew every word to every song and was on his feet dancing the whole time - all by himself (even after the people behind him sat down and then asked him to sit down). If there had been room (and if the people in our row would have quit coming and going, walking around, stepping on my poster, etc.) we would have had him join us. I hope everyone who saw a show saw someone around them who was loving it that much.
    One final note - you have to love a band who makes it so easy to buy bootlegs. I have been able to overcome my disappointment with those around me at the show by truly enjoying the boot at home. Is there any other band who loves their fans this much? After all, no matter where you saw them, it's the music that keeps us coming back.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I've always loved Santa Barbara. I dated a Marine Biology major that went there and always think about her when I go up there. Anyone here old enough to remember the 'Book Burning and Bong-A-Thons' that used to take place there at the end of the semester in the 70s? Probably not.
    Anyway... The Santa Barbara Bowl is a beautiful venue... tucked into the hillside, surrounded by towering Ecalulyptus Bay and Califironia Live Oak trees. The perfect setting for the second half of the Pearl Jam Tour Du Californina. Santa Barbara is technically Southern California, but has a distinctly Northern California feel. The people are more mellow and less isolated than the car culture of L.A./O.C. Turns out this show was a nice reflection of that.
    Since not too many tickets were made available to the Fan Club, those of us lucky enough to get them all got moved up. I ended up in the 5th row, which was more like the 3rd row where we were... on the end. it was nice to see my friends, Jeremy and Ashley sitting in the lower orchestra section, even with their higher membership numbers.
    The Acoustic set was exactly what this place called for. The Sun was setting over the Pacific and it was probably a pretty good glimpse of what it's like to sit with Ed and his friends after a day of surfing... the boards get strapped to the roof and guitars come out as the campfire just gets started.
    The second set was pure Pearl Jam. These guys are firing on all cylinders and cut through, yet another amazing night of old school rock done modern style. Mike is really and old school rock guitarist that would have easily fit in with the legendary guitar players of the 70s.
    At the end... during 'Rockin' in The Free World'... I was supposed to get that tamborine. But, the dude in front of me jumped up and intercepted it. I gave Ed an, "Oh, well... whadda ya gonna do?" thing... right? Because, it ain't that big of a deal. Besides, he gave it to his wife/girlfriend... I'm like... whatever.
    The night was cut a little short, due to the 10:00 P.M. curfew. I'm guessing those multi-million dollar homes on the hillside have a say in that and I am glad that Pearl Jam did not break the curfew... not because of the fines they'd have to pay... but, because I would love to come here again and see them perform.
    And when you come back, please try to remember this... you get enjoyment from the show, not from the people around you. If they want to kick back and drink while listening to music, that's okay. This is Santa Barbara... things are different here.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I was about 20th row on Mikes side... very good seats and the atmosphere was amazing. It has been overshawdoed by the outdoor shows in George but SB got a short slow set so that had to be a highlight for me! Hearing HTI and LOWLIGHT was the best feeling ever.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    mikey501mikey501 Posts: 14
    brianjd wrote:
    This is a TV show. Not sure what network but know it is cable. If anyone gets details of the show please post.

Eddie Vedder and surfer Laird Hamilton will appear on the Sundance Channel's original television series "Iconoclasts" on Oct. 26 at 9 PM ET/PT (See your local listings for schedule). Each episode features two innovative leaders from different fields who discuss their passions and creative processes
  • Options
    towards the end of Black ed sings "takes the pain away when you say"... I noticed this at the show. What is this lyric? anyone know..

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    jtorresjtorres Posts: 15
    I heard (and hear from the bootleg) "you take the pain away, when you sing" as a response to the crowd's singing. This makes sense to me, but I can't say for sure.
  • Options
    jtorres wrote:
    I heard (and hear from the bootleg) "you take the pain away, when you sing" as a response to the crowd's singing. This makes sense to me, but I can't say for sure.

oh cheers thanks that sounds about right. He did a similar line at the Gorge night1 show during black.

• Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Great show. That venue is one of the best in California. The first set was a real surprise with Oceans, Low Light, Hard To Imagine, and Waiting On A Friend
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    jtorres wrote:

so is this an improv or is ed covering something here?
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:
    so is this an improv or is ed covering something here?

It's a tag at the end of an AMAZING version of "Black", which follows an AMAZING version of "Come Back", and which precedes an AMAZING version of "CRAZY MARY". "CM" ends a 10-song acoustic set at the beginning of the show... after that, there's an encore break and the band comes back and begins an electric set with "Insterstellar Overdrive/Corduroy." Only 11 songs in the electric set, and 7 in the encore, but still, the first 10 songs remind me so much of the 7-11-2003 acoustic set that opens the Mansfield III show.

It's funny that on this night, Ed calls the experiment a "mini-Gorge" set, alluding to the 2005 opener at the Gorge... which is a misnomer, because the "Mini-Gorge" set is actually longer than the real acoustic Gorge set!!!

The 2005 Gorge set 9 songs clocking at 48:44
    The 2006 SB Bowl Mini-Gorge is 10 songs at 50:50

Note: There are five overlapping tracks between the acoustic sets at the two shows.

3) Off He Goes
    4) Low Light
    5) Man of the Hour
    6) I Am Mine
    7) Crazy Mary [Victoria Williams Cover]
    8) Black
    9) Hard to Imagine

3) Low Light
    4) Waiting on a Friend [Rolling Stones Cover]
    5) Hard to Imagine
    6) Daughter
    7) Last Kiss [Imperials Cover]
    8) Come Back
    9) Black
    10) Crazy Mary [Victoria Williams Cover]
    Eddie Vedder and surfer Laird Hamilton will appear on the Sundance Channel's original television series "Iconoclasts" on Oct. 26 at 9 PM ET/PT (See your local listings for schedule). Each episode features two innovative leaders from different fields who discuss their passions and creative processes

Don't forget to set your tapes or TIVO to get this, folks!!! GET READY FOR THIS!!! Someone ought to post a reminder in another forum to get the word out as much as possible. Later someone could upload the show if anyone they have the capability to do so. I will be recording the show tomorrow on Sundance Network via the old-school analog VHS tape.

October 20, 2006: 'Iconoclasts' @ 7:00 pm MST, w/ a replay three hours later at 10:05-11:00 pm (Mountain Time Zone).

Thursday, 10-20-2006 --
    Dish Network Program Details:
    SUNDANCE Channel 332

Eddie Vedder and Laird Hamilton
    Series/Special. One hour. (2006)
    Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder and surfer Laird Hamilton talk about life, art and nature. New.