Options

*** Santa Barbara Fanviews 7/13 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    The BEST wine ever!!!! Such a great show! I enjoyed rockin' out next to you. Kathy needs to share her Ed vibes so we can get picks and tambourines!!! Just don't tell her I shook Jeff's hand after the show... :)

:o

:D:D:D:D:D:D *screams* heheh Ed vibes? lol I want PICTURES OF THE CUP!!!!!! :eek: :eek: COMATOSE OWNS me!! BIG WAVE? *SCREAMS* Bein' so kind to lemme RIDDDDDDDDE!! AAAAAAH! *jumps up and down*

Omg ok so um yeah. :D Isnt jeff the coolest? Dude is so rad and HOOORAY! glad you were able to shake his hand and chat! Thats so AWESOME! I'm stoked so many people were able to meet the band this time around and just say whatever without being um kooky? lol. ;) :eek: AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

STONE! NO YOU DIDNT! NAW! [size=5+]ON YOUR KNEES PLAYING TO JEFF?? [/size]*FANS SELF* :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: DUDE NO YOU DIDNT!!! AHAHAH THAT SHIT WAS HILARIOUS! omfg. anyway yeah. JEFF ROX! :p *J pats self on back* <-- good catch N ;)

*waves to everyone that was there* seriously traffic & parking = bitch. But so is karma.. :rolleyes:. anyway I didnt have time to make my chatty Kaddi rounds but hello to all and hope you had a blast.*
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    WesternskyWesternsky Posts: 363
    mdeevee wrote:
    Westernsky, what side were you on?

LOL,. . . I had the best seats there, I was right in front of Jeff. :D

I've been searching the SB pic threads, but nothing yet on the Stone kneeling and playing to Jeff. Damn! Those have to surface eventually, I know they are out there. ;)
  • Options
    icarusdicarusd Posts: 1
    I was in the middle section (the section behind the sound board) and everyone talked the entire show. It just sucked, no energy. Turns out, the venue sells "subscriptions" and those were the season seats. That's why it was only 70% full in that section and was the only section consistently sitting during the show. I'm sure it was a trade off for the band to play the venue, just sucked that I got stuck there. This was the only show I didn't get in with 10c tix.
  • Options
    yowza57yowza57 Posts: 9
    I feel you dawg. In 03 I had to sit up there and it seemed to be mostly a bunch of rich UCSB abercrombie and fitch brats just waiting to hear daughter. It totally sucked for me in 03, but I was on the 7th row last night, the best 10c seat's I've ever had (#164xxx) and it was awesome down there. Everyone was singing every word, but Ed's mic was pretty loud where I was sitting so I could still hear him. I brought a friend who is very new to PJ and he was blown away by the crowd and how into it everyone was. Sorry you had a bad experience, that sucks, hopefully you can snag better seats next time.

Well I'm glad to know it wasn't just me being over sensitive. I think the fanclub seats would have been awesome and it was still a stellar show, so I'm not compaining too loudly (anymore). I've had pretty great seats up to this point through the fan club, so I'm just looking at it as an experience, a chance to see things from a different point of view. I met some cool people standing in line before the show, didn't get their names (guy in red hat that ended up sitting in section H, going to ten shows.. hey how's it going) and that made the whole thing more enjoyable too. You can really feed off the energy of others, how into the band they are, how excited about the show they are. Seeing the tenclub rocking out sort of made up for the dullards surrounding me, because I know it was an awesome show way up there and that's cool.
  • Options
    yowza57 wrote:
    All you posters vowing that this was the most amazing show ever were undoubtedly in the fanclub section, because from my point of view the crowd sucked. You would think this show would have been the one with the most hardcore fans, but no - it had the most rich white people dressed in their most impressive looking clothes looking for the event of the year to get together and chat. High heels? My feet are hurting because of these heels? Please. Throughout the show I could hear more of this chatter than I could the band, I actually had to strain to hear what Ed was saying most of the time. The only time people rocked out was during songs off Ten, and the rest of the time they were asking eachother "what is this??" Not to mention the fact that there was never a 20 minute stretch during the entire set when someone didnt walk in front of me to get more beer. Have these people ever been to a sporting event or concert before, or do they simply think the world revolves around them? Most likely the latter. The people around us were sitting during every song they didnt know until the harder stuff came out. All in all, it was my worst crowd experience. I could hear people behing me talking, I could hear myself singing which is highly unusual, and I couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to because I was feeling bad that the people behind me couldn't see because I stood the entire time. From my vantage point it looked like an awesome concert for the fanclub section, and the band always sounds great, but I feel sorry for any diehard or tenclub member that was relegated to sitting with the snooty inhabitants of the greater Santa Barbara area. Yes, Last Kiss may have been the only song you wanted to hear, and you did sing along for most of it, albeit with the wrong words, but that doesn't mean it was at the top of my list, so please stop yakking at me because I'm trying to enjoy the show. I'm not a bitter person, but this crowd ruined it for me.
    And that's my two cents.

If you don't like it then stay out of my town.
    Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss.

Listen to Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    probably old hat to most of the board..

i got to visit with my nephew who lives in SB and i told him about the show which lacked tags, extended jams and such..( btw, the show ROCKED!! and the show moved along .. which was actually a nice change up of pace :D )

i told him that i figured the curfew penalty must be harsh and he confirmed that it is. he said that any act that fucks up the curfew is both fined and BANNED from playing the SB Bowl EVER again...

bottom line....

pearl jam wants to return to Santa Barbara!!

logic of a lost mind
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    olderman wrote:

i got to visit with my nephew who lives in SB and i told him about the show which lacked tags, extended jams and such..( btw, the show ROCKED!! and the show moved along .. which was actually a nice change up of pace :D )

i told him that i figured the curfew penalty must be harsh and he confirmed that it is. he said that any act that fucks up the curfew is both fined and BANNED from playing the SB Bowl EVER again...

bottom line....

logic of a lost mind
    We heard the same from the locals there. Very serious venue. Security was also very tight. The "head" guy came by all of the front rows and warned us; suggested we sit (which drew a lot of laughs); etc. etc. I can't even remember all he said, but it was a lengthy speech repeated for each row. We were on the aisle, so got to hear it adnauseam. Kind of felt like kindergarten again :D I actually think they were quite impressed with the PJ fans. No problems, at least up front, and they seemed to relax a bit into the concert. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    god, i want them to come back already. that was such a great night, its all my friends and i have been talking about for the last 3 days.

"not to overstate the obvious, but this is a beautiful place you got here"

-e.v.
  • Options
    yowza57yowza57 Posts: 9
    If you don't like it then stay out of my town.

Intelligent response. My life seems to have been fine up to this point, even without admission to your little country club - I think staying out of Santa Barbara will be an easy task knowing that it's teeming with people like you.
  • Options
    SDMikeSDMike Posts: 22
    olderman wrote:

bottom line....

logic of a lost mind

Funny. I thought something like that was going on up there. I don't know if you're talking about just the bowl or S.B. in general, but as much as I love the town, I don't know how many times I've been out after 10 looking for something to eat & the place is closed up like a vault.
    That said, I'd give up a return to S.D. for a shot at tix to a bowl show.
    Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music
    Music is THE BEST . . .
    - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    pearl70pearl70 Posts: 2
    Kaddikat wrote:
    :o

STONE! NO YOU DIDNT! NAW! [size=5+]ON YOUR KNEES PLAYING TO JEFF?? [/size]*FANS SELF* :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: DUDE NO YOU DIDNT!!! AHAHAH THAT SHIT WAS HILARIOUS! omfg. anyway yeah. JEFF ROX! :p *J pats self on back* <-- good catch N ;)

Hi there Kiddikat,
    I don't think you remember me, but I actually went up to you after the show so I could congratulate you and touch Eddie's tambourine :) Anyway, I was reading your message and that you hoped someone had a pic of Stone on his knees in front of Jeff :) I actually got one!! But I'm a dork and am not sure if we can even post pictures here...this is my first time in the message pit. Lemme know and I'll be happy to share it!! :)
    I was front row also (Mike's side), Mike handed me his pic after playing Even Flow. I almost died & was sooooo honored!!
    So anyway, let me know how I can share the picture w/ you and everyone.
    ~one good thing about music...when it hits you feel no pain ~ Bob Marley

Pearl aka Vedderette

5/12/92 - Ventura, 7/13 & 14/98 - Forum (L.A.), 2/21/03 - Maui, 10/28/03 - Santa Barbara, 7/13/06 - Santa Barbara
  • Options
    robis726robis726 Posts: 132
    Just upload the pic to imageshack.com, then post the link here.
    Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
    Universal City, California 10-01-2009
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
    Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
    Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
    Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
  • Options
    pearl70pearl70 Posts: 2
    Here is the link, hope it works...let me know :)

http://www.dropshots.com/pearl70
    ~one good thing about music...when it hits you feel no pain ~ Bob Marley

Pearl aka Vedderette

5/12/92 - Ventura, 7/13 & 14/98 - Forum (L.A.), 2/21/03 - Maui, 10/28/03 - Santa Barbara, 7/13/06 - Santa Barbara
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    i had a blast.

thanks for the great seats 10c. 8th row was the closest i've ever been at a show, so that made the night that much better.

got to meet lizard and her husband, both very cool people!

thank you pearl jam.

i wish i could have this night over and over again...

You forgot to mention meeting me! Damnit! I thought I would have been a highlight.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    You forgot to mention meeting me! Damnit! I thought I would have been a highlight.

holy shit, i'm sorry. that was a highlight. did you give me the excedrin? if not you, then who? there were plenty of parts that are still a blur for me.
  • Options
    I seem to recall a sign at the Santa Barbara show advising the concert-goers that the show was being filmed for a DVD called "Iconoclasts", and that every person at the show automatically granted a license to the recording company to use their likeness and image on the DVD.

Did I imagine this? Did anyone else see this? If yes, what do you think it was for?

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
  • Options
    robis726 wrote:
    I seem to recall a sign at the Santa Barbara show advising the concert-goers that the show was being filmed for a DVD called "Iconoclasts", and that every person at the show automatically granted a license to the recording company to use their likeness and image on the DVD.

Did I imagine this? Did anyone else see this? If yes, what do you think it was for?

they were filming a t.v. show. something for the sundance channel.

effin' dargan's didn't open til 4:30. i was kicking myself for picking that place.

-d.
  • Options
    i am arguing with a gal from SB.

she tried to get in but tickets were being scalped for waaay too much.

she said SB curfew is 10pm.

if so.. what time did the show go on & off?

she said a local review hated Sonic Youth... and PJ quit before 10.

29 songs ain't bad.

lemme know.

WOOT!
    WOOT!
  • Options
    holy shit, i'm sorry. that was a highlight. did you give me the excedrin? if not you, then who? there were plenty of parts that are still a blur for me.

I went to get more beer, when I came back Ontheflipside told me that she gave you some of my drugs. So, technically I DID give them to you.

• Options
    robis726 wrote:

Yup, that's right!! I saw that sign on the stairs...it was really low as if they didn't really want it to be seen. Either way, look for us in the DVD...I'm sure there's footage.

• Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    it was a great show but I just wished Jack made an appearance with In My Tree or something.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    i am arguing with a gal from SB.

she tried to get in but tickets were being scalped for waaay too much.

she said SB curfew is 10pm.

if so.. what time did the show go on & off?

she said a local review hated Sonic Youth... and PJ quit before 10.

29 songs ain't bad.

lemme know.

WOOT!
    PJ started at about 7:30, and ended right before 10. Apparently, SB is really, really strict about the 10 pm curfew (the bowl is in a residential area). They were able to fit so many songs in b/c they did not tag any of the usual songs (daughter, betterman, although porch was epic). It was an amazing show nonetheless.

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
  • Options
    I went to get more beer, when I came back Ontheflipside told me that she gave you some of my drugs. So, technically I DID give them to you.

it wasn't excedrin was it. i got pretty worked.

pm me.
  • Options
    it wasn't excedrin was it. i got pretty worked.

pm me.

The white one with an E on it?? Yup, it WAS excedrin...the headache medicine.

• Options
    The white one with an E on it?? Yup, it WAS excedrin...the headache medicine.

note to self: excedrin effs me up. i must be a lightweight :)

are you making the trip up to the gorge?
  • Options
    11th row, Mike's side. Awesome. You Ten Clubbers make a great band even better with your energy. Met some great people, awesome show (sit down semi-acoustic set to open?! Wow.) in a breathtaking venue with perfect weather. Can't really ask for much more, besides Nothingman. But now I'm just being greedy.
    10-02-94, 11-07-95, 07-11-98, 07-16-98, 10-27-00, 10-28-00, 06-06-03, 10-25-03, 07-13-06, 07-16-06, 10-21-06, EV solo 04-05-08, Rock Honors 7-12-08, 10-06-09, 10-09-09, 10-23-10, EV solo 07-09-11, EV Bridge School 10-23-11
  • Options
    HBshoresHBshores Posts: 9
    jtorres wrote:
    Hey, HBShores. My apologies!!! I'm the guilty "Pavarotti" that was sitting behind you and, believe me, being a nuisance was far from my intention. I couldn't sing, talentwise, to save my life. But I do know the lyrics to most of the songs and find it impossible to not to get pumped up and sing my ass off.

But, here's my dilemma: should I be quiet or sing very softly if the people around me aren't singing? I'd have to wait for Jeremy or Alive or Even Flow if that were the case. The thing that makes all those songs super special is the crowd involvement (i.e. EVERYBODY singing their ass off). It's great to see people dancing and rocking out, but isn't a show always better when people show their passion for the music by singing along? Ed obviously loves it. Just recall the performance of "Black". I doubt there were that many musically trained singers in the audience.

Perhaps my opinions are screwed up and I need a new lesson in concert etiquette. What do other posters think? Do I need to sing quietly from now on?

I don't believe there is any reason to apologize here. Note that I did compare you to one of the greatest singers of all time in Pavarotti and not some hack so it was not bad singing it was the volume.
    I think it was the venue maybe turning down the volume a bit (which was rumored) and also being in an open air venue that it was a bit hard to hear the band doing what they do making that magic. I believe whole heartedly that PJ and the crowd thrive on audience participation and again as I stated before I am a main offender of singing wide open at PJ gigs.
    BUT there is clearly a line of when to dive in full blast and when its time to listen to moments of any show were the performers are in all their glory making that incredible music we love and we audience members are there to take it all in.
    My only contention was in having to explain to my buddy at his first time PJ gig that this is the way some of these shows go and to just get through it and he did.
    So again, its not about staying quiet and not expressing ones self at these shows. Its about timing and when and where to add that audience participation and when a moment is being had on stage were a little silence is respect enough to the performer and to the audience in attendance.
    No worries here bro, I hope I did not offend.
    It was a wonderful night in SB and a great run of shows for me.
    Cheers!
  • Options
    10th row Stone's side. We had the last two seats near McEnroe. It was hard to get a crowd feel from the edge. It is a nice venue but from where I was it seemed that the crowd was a little weak. It was my first show of the tour so maybe that had something to do with it. Also being an outdoor uncovered venue could have something to do with it.

I loved hearing Hard to Image. The stretch of I Got Shit, U, DTE, and Porch was the best part of the show for me.
  • Options
    cuchetticuchetti Posts: 7
    I'm hoping to find someone needing a SB 7/13 poster who has a LA 7/10 poster to trade. If so email me at: 2chamun@gmail.com.
  • Options
    vedhead10vedhead10 Posts: 40
    they were filming a t.v. show. something for the sundance channel.
    -d.

Iconoclasts is usually broadcast in HD too! This could be something special.
    "I had a false belief, I thought I came here to stay...We're all just visiting...All just breaking like waves."
    10/19,20/96 11/15/97 7/16/98 10/30,31/99
    10/30,31/00 10/20,21/01 6/1/03 10/25,26/03
    7/13,15,16,18/06 4/5,7,8/08, 8/28/09, *7/9,11,12/11*
    www.fearedandloathed.com