2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    To describe 1st night in SD to me.

I have not seen a thread on night 2, tour closer, review. Can you direct me?

As for the crowd at SD, night 1. It was accoustic peeps. I HAD to stand up for Porch, I do not know about anyone else. For a great part of the show, it was just nice to sit there and enjoy the artistry. Nobody slamming into you, nobody spilling beer all over you--it was not a Pearl Jam concert. Oh man, sorry for the person who had the dude behind them screaming every song in their ear, including ARC???? That way sucks, cause part of the magic, was you got to be there, in the quiet and just hear what you went to hear--solo Ed. It was by no means a symphony crowd, so I really do not know what you guys expected. Personally, the shouting out by people who wanted God knows what, was irritating, and thank God, people were, for the most part, quiet during the songs, so we could enjoy the talent on stage, uninterrupted by a holes in the crowd. The only good shout out, was the planned one-"who are you going to vote for, Ed" and then silently a huge banner for Obama was walked across the back of the stage, as Ed waxed on about how he learned his lesson on keeping his politics to himself.
    Sincerely,

BOOM's ORGAN
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Well my SD show experience was a very enjoyable one. Started out by waking up in a bed the morning of the show. Last few days in LA I took the floor. I can rough it with the best of them but sleeping in a bed for once was nice. Once I was up I got ready to head out for the pre-party at The Local. Parking was kinda a issue but we made it and unloaded the car with the WL items and everything else.

Once set up we sold the shirts and other items and raffle tickets. Met new faces and also old ones. It was a great time and I so wished I could have been there nite 2. Well b4 I knew it I had to go get my tickets. Made my way with a few new friends and we first went the wrong way. My fault but then we found the place. We all got great seats and then made our way back to the pre-party. Why cause it was RAFFLE TIME!!! :)

Many happy faces as we called there numbers. I'm so happy and thank full for all the help for both nites. We had fun and raised money for good things to happen. :D Once everything was cleaned up and put away the place cleared out. I was the last once to leave and once again thanked the owners and the people behind the bar for a great time. Made my way to my car and quick changed into my shoes and put my bag away. Also grabbed a smoke for the walk to the venue. The kind that make your eyes red. hehe :) But actually I made my way back to the bar for a quick bite to eat. I missed Finn's set but I didn't have time to eat anything during the pre-party. So I did and it was yummy. Chicken tacos and some ice cold beer.

Finally around 9:10 pm or so I made my way to the venue. Just a 2 min walk from the bar. Picked up a poster and got in the beer line. Met up with my ticket buddy and we made our way inside. I'm just happy to be inside the venue always. But it was nice having 14th row dead center seats. Once in my seat I enjoyed how beautiful the Spreckels Theatre looked. Knowing that this was my last show of this tour it made it more special.

The setlist was similar but still great. Ed's story telling and his mood had me laughing so hard at times. Arc was amazing again, gave me chills. Masters of War and So You Wanna Be A Rock and Roll Star were my favs. The whole show was great of course. Throw Your Arms Around Me reminded me of somebody in particular. Overall it was an AWESOME show and great time in SD. I so didn't wanna leave and didn't want it to end. Very rough having to leave and head home. But there are more PJ trips coming real soon. :D

Thank you for listening
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    The voice can still make you want to cry with its haunting beauty and the words it is saying, but tonight, it more made me smile.

1st time I really cried at a show.....MOTH hit me hard....wow.
  • Options
    Hi

Come back in France, 4 amazing shows, meeting with fans like David from Nashville, he gaves me his myspace but I dont find it ! My Myspace : beyondthewheel1980
    Keep Sonics in Seattle !
  • Options
    dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
    Hi

Come back in France, 4 amazing shows, meeting with fans like David from Nashville, he gaves me his myspace but I dont find it ! My Myspace : beyondthewheel1980

Ah yes... my friends from France. It was great to meet Thiery and Nicolas... extremely nice guys. Sorry for forcing myself into your conversation/table. Damn brazen Americans.... grrrrr...... ahahahahaha :)
  • Options
    ahah at the end show i tried to see you around the theater but no success !! I dont forget your friend with his mother who teach french !

PEACE
    Keep Sonics in Seattle !
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    nice set

wish I could've been there.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    audiophiles and lovers of Ron Burgundy's home should PM me for an early Christmas present.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Great show. :)
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    reliving this show right now. great show, great people, and a great city!
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!