Comments

• LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224

sad/depressed.
    found out a friend died earlier today from brain cancer

Big hug to you. It sucks.

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527

sad/depressed.

So sorry to hear this Dave. Hugs my friend.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

sad/depressed.

I'm so sorry, Dave.
    ELITIST FUK
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

sad/depressed.

:hug:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

sad/depressed.

Well, that's really crappy. Sorry to hear it.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

sad/depressed.

{{{Hugs}}} to you Dave...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    so worried
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    thanks guys. Rough night, Didn't get too much sleep.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Tired but happy.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    Relieved that I'm not imagining things but pissed off. I put a dollar in my pocket jeans to see if what I believe was true. It is true...my roommate who is EMPLOYED FFS has been stealing money from me for the past week or two. He owes me an estimated 60 dollars.
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524

I'm very sorry for your loss, no words can help but my thoughts are with you.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890

sad/depressed.

:heartbreak: I'm so sorry to hear that Dave. Take care.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    edited June 2015

sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you. Cancer seriously sucks. :hug:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
    I feel like a broken down useless piece of shit.

I've been TRYING to get my stupid back fixed by making it a priority & going to physical therapy. So yesterday it was really humid so my back was hurting a lot. I told the lady this and she's like ok so we're gonna go easy today. They just did the electricity thing and the heat pad and the massage. Two hours or so later I'm at home working on my computer, & i get up to go meet my friend and run a couple errands with her. Well as soon as I tried to stand up something happened in my back and I couldn't move. But I was late so I didn't have time to like try to faceplant into my bed and see if it passes. So I just kept trying to walk until finally I kind of could. The whole way I had to hold on to buildings or fences.eventually it started to go away. By like 3 hours later I could walk normally. So I tell her about it today as soon as I got there and she doesn't say anything. So I told her what my friend said which is to try using cold instead of heat. At first she doesn't seem to like the idea but then she comes back and she's like we're gonna do cold. So ok. Same thing, electricity machine & a cold thing instead of the heat thing.Then massage. After the massage I get up to get ready to leave and it happens again, only 1000x worse. I got stuck in like a half sitting position. I had to grip onto the wall and the pain was so bad I was fighting tears. When she came in I was like "I can't move" and she did something to the table either lower or raise it and it hurt so much I lost control of myself. I know I started crying but I'm not sure if I was screaming. I think I was cuz everyone looked scared when they opened the door. I think I mentally blacked out cuz i really don't remember what happened. She had moved the table so the back was up like a a chair and she was trying to move me to put my back against it. After a little while I was able to move a little bit and then it started getting better. After like half an hour or more I was able to stand and walk enough to leave. I tried asking wtf happened and what that is and they couldn't really tell me. They just said that from now on I'm gonna do the electricity sitting instead of laying down and the massage in the chair instead of the table. My next appointment isn't till Tuesday. Between the embarrassment of that episode and the fact that it's given me so much pain in the last two appointments I'm not sure I WANT to go back. This was my 4th appointment so it's 50/50 right now, the first two were like whatever, no reaction. The last two I thought I'd have to go to the ER.

I'm just so angry at myself and at my back and at my ignorance and I wish I had some way of fixing this without having to risk this happening again. Fml! As the kids say.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    ldent42 said:

I feel like a broken down useless piece of shit.

I've been TRYING to get my stupid back fixed by making it a priority & going to physical therapy. So yesterday it was really humid so my back was hurting a lot. I told the lady this and she's like ok so we're gonna go easy today. They just did the electricity thing and the heat pad and the massage. Two hours or so later I'm at home working on my computer, & i get up to go meet my friend and run a couple errands with her. Well as soon as I tried to stand up something happened in my back and I couldn't move. But I was late so I didn't have time to like try to faceplant into my bed and see if it passes. So I just kept trying to walk until finally I kind of could. The whole way I had to hold on to buildings or fences.eventually it started to go away. By like 3 hours later I could walk normally. So I tell her about it today as soon as I got there and she doesn't say anything. So I told her what my friend said which is to try using cold instead of heat. At first she doesn't seem to like the idea but then she comes back and she's like we're gonna do cold. So ok. Same thing, electricity machine & a cold thing instead of the heat thing.Then massage. After the massage I get up to get ready to leave and it happens again, only 1000x worse. I got stuck in like a half sitting position. I had to grip onto the wall and the pain was so bad I was fighting tears. When she came in I was like "I can't move" and she did something to the table either lower or raise it and it hurt so much I lost control of myself. I know I started crying but I'm not sure if I was screaming. I think I was cuz everyone looked scared when they opened the door. I think I mentally blacked out cuz i really don't remember what happened. She had moved the table so the back was up like a a chair and she was trying to move me to put my back against it. After a little while I was able to move a little bit and then it started getting better. After like half an hour or more I was able to stand and walk enough to leave. I tried asking wtf happened and what that is and they couldn't really tell me. They just said that from now on I'm gonna do the electricity sitting instead of laying down and the massage in the chair instead of the table. My next appointment isn't till Tuesday. Between the embarrassment of that episode and the fact that it's given me so much pain in the last two appointments I'm not sure I WANT to go back. This was my 4th appointment so it's 50/50 right now, the first two were like whatever, no reaction. The last two I thought I'd have to go to the ER.

I'm just so angry at myself and at my back and at my ignorance and I wish I had some way of fixing this without having to risk this happening again. Fml! As the kids say.

If your physio is taking your advice on how they should treat you then you need a new physio. If they're that clueless about how to help you then you should try someone else. I use physio for sport and I tried a few before I found a really good one, so it's worth looking around. You shouldn't have to live in pain and there could be someone out there who'd have you sorted in no time
    Oh, man, Ident42, I'm so sorry you are in such pain. Has it been the same therapist for all four visits? Is it possible to get a different therapist? I'm not entirely sure, but I think shetellsherself is a physical therapist...maybe she can give you some insight as to what is going on. Can you get a friend to accompany you, so they can ask questions while you are being treated and also make sure you can get home?
    ELITIST FUK
    Oh your poor thing, if my back was that bad I would also see a doctor. Definitely get a second opinion on treatment because you can't keep going through that. All the best for your recovery
    I'm not really sure how it works. I saw a doctor he's the one who prescribed the physical therapy. It's weird. Like there's one lady who sets up the machine and then a different person does the massage and then the one time I did the exercises it was a different person too. I'm also not sure if I can find a different office cuz of the insurance. I figure if the same thing happens next week I'll look into it. I am not sure if I can see the doctor again yet cuz it's only been like two weeks since i seen him for the pt prescription. Plus it's usually a couple weeks wait and I'm not even sure what he's gonna do.
    Can you at least call him and let him know that you are in agony?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Like a man who wants more food than he just had.
  • LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    I'm feeling damn good, thank for asking
    Like the cruddiest crud on the bottom of the crud heap
    Sinus surgery - 1
    Gilly - 0
    Gillycw said:

Like the cruddiest crud on the bottom of the crud heap
    Sinus surgery - 1
    Gilly - 0

:/(
    Ident, I agree with Jenny...you might want to find a new person to go to. When I went to the chiropractor, he had me do ice AND heat. Ice brings the blood flow to the painful area, and heat draws the blood away to remove toxins. Drink LOTS of water after massage to flush out the toxins. I know it sounds weird, but when I chugged water after massage, I felt SO much better. I hope you find relief soon!

Gilly, hope you recover quickly!

Healthy healing vibes to all!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Confused
    whats the correct?
    what can i do for you?? Or
    what can i do you for?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Confused
    whats the correct?
    what can i do you for?

The first one, that is grammatically correct...the second one is typically said in regional areas, like small towns or the mid-west.

Both mean the same thing.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Confused
    whats the correct?
    what can i do you for?

The first one, that is grammatically correct...the second one is typically said in regional areas, like small towns or the mid-west.

This^

RKCNDY said:

Confused
    whats the correct?
    what can i do you for?

This^
    Good..thanks girls
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Freezing...it's cold as hell in my house this morning....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Its so hot..cant do anything