Options

How you feeling right now???

Comments

• Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    cdysinge said:

Sad. Just got home with baby girl (my 6 year old daughter Lacey) who has a raging ear infection. We have seen the doctor, given her tylenol, advil, and antibiotics so all I can do is play with her hair to try and get her to relax for the tylenol and advil to kick in. She is just sitting here whimpering asking me to make it stop hurting. Its breaking my heart into pieces as there isnt much else I can do as she rejected a hot compress to try and get some of the pressure out.

OOOOOH man, I had an ear infection like that once, I was about 8 I think...I remember it vividly...I feel her pain...I hope the meds kick in quick....*healing thoughts coming her way*
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    cdysinge said:

Sad. Just got home with baby girl (my 6 year old daughter Lacey) who has a raging ear infection. We have seen the doctor, given her tylenol, advil, and antibiotics so all I can do is play with her hair to try and get her to relax for the tylenol and advil to kick in. She is just sitting here whimpering asking me to make it stop hurting. Its breaking my heart into pieces as there isnt much else I can do as she rejected a hot compress to try and get some of the pressure out.

Oh man, hopefully the meds will kick in soon so she can get some relief.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    cdysinge said:

There are ear drops you can buy over the counter that help relieve pain - you may want to check them out since, as you may know, the pain of an ear infection can come and go over a couple of days and is usually worse at night. Your local pharmacist can help. I can confirm they work - that is, if you can get your little girl to let you put them in! (they won't hurt, I promise).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I'm hoping we just finally are hitting relief. Silence for the past 60 seconds for the first time in 2 hours. This is always my hardest thing as a father. I want to go beat someone up to make her feel better.

I will go check out the drops. Kind of pissed the pharmacist didnt say anything as she was sitting there in tears while waiting for him to fill the antibiotics. I told him she had a raging ear infection and he was kind enough to put her at the top so we were in and out in 5 minutes but never said anything about drops.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    I just checked online and they seem to be available in the US although who can tell until you are there. One brand name in Canada is Auralgan, but there are lots of store brands. It's basically benzocaine (a topical anaesthetic) and another pain reliever.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Feeling a little sad I guess that I don't have a proper relationship with my younger half-brothers and half-sister. My sister just posted up photos on facebook of the four of them together through the years for National Siblings Day and it was a stark reminder that I don't really have a place in their lives
  • Options
    Antsy in my pantsy and in a good mood even though I'm at work...I'm really excited about my job I just hope they don't make me wait a whole week....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

Feeling a little sad I guess that I don't have a proper relationship with my younger half-brothers and half-sister. My sister just posted up photos on facebook of the four of them together through the years for National Siblings Day and it was a stark reminder that I don't really have a place in their lives

Maybe you should tell them how you feel and that you would like to see them more often? I hope things will get better !
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    cdysinge said:

Oh poor baby!! As one whose suffered many of those in life as a child.. I feel for her. Hope the Tylenol and Antibiotics kick in really quickly..
  • Options

cdysinge said:

Oh poor baby!! As one whose suffered many of those in life as a child.. I feel for her. Hope the Tylenol and Antibiotics kick in really quickly..
    I hope so too, when sleeping it's good the have an extra pillow to keep the head high. I actually also think it's good to drink soda, because when "burping" it reduces some tension in the ear.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    edited April 2015
    i'm so flipping tired but I feel like watching snl
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    I'm feeling good. I'm listening my tinnitus and i can't stop smiling.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Sad, Disappointed, Angry,
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    I strained a muscle in my neck/ back. So I
    Just spent two hours in the ER. Hurting still, butni can breathe now.
  • Options

I wonder what has happened?

I strained a muscle in my neck/ back. So I
    Just spent two hours in the ER. Hurting still, butni can breathe now.

I hope it will heal fast, take care !
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,803

be well soon..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Had an epic fun easter day..but now kinda pissed..mobile felt and screen broke into pieces..fuck
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Had an epic fun easter day..but now kinda pissed..mobile felt and screen broke into pieces..fuck

Some mobile stores can replace the screen...cheaper than buying a new phone.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,803

Tsipouro and lamb i guess??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    GREAT! i'm finally done with taxes, actually getting a refund...e-filed, direct deposit and done!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Lacey woke up yesterday like nothing was wrong of course. I am felling really good today. Got a bunch of cleaning and laundry done, took the dog on two walks and hit the gym hard. I thought I would be exhausted after the festival yesterday but actually felt great. Now as night comes I am pooping out quickly. I have my kids favorite butter garlic chicken in the oven for dinner and that is it for me.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Miserable. The pain is beyond excruciating. And the only relief I get it to sleep. Good thing these stupid pills just knock me out!
  • Options

Miserable. The pain is beyond excruciating. And the only relief I get it to sleep. Good thing these stupid pills just knock me out!

I hope you feel better soon WH!

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    cdysinge said:

Lacey woke up yesterday like nothing was wrong of course. I am felling really good today. Got a bunch of cleaning and laundry done, took the dog on two walks and hit the gym hard. I thought I would be exhausted after the festival yesterday but actually felt great. Now as night comes I am pooping out quickly. I have my kids favorite butter garlic chicken in the oven for dinner and that is it for me.

This is just oozing positivity and contentment. Nice. Enjoy the butter garlic chicken.

Hope you feel better soon!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Nervous, excited, determined :)
  • Options
    Finally starting to feel better. I was able to vacuum and sweep the floors, just very slowly.. Lol
  • Options
    Disappointed :( Once again we fall at the semi-final stage
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

Disappointed :( Once again we fall at the semi-final stage

:frowning: sorry to hear it what game do you play?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Excited...I got the job!!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    PJSiren said:

Excited...I got the job!!!!

Woo Hoo!! Congratulations!! :rock_on:
    ELITIST FUK