Options

My posters are DONE!!! ALL 81 of them!!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    S: Greg here (flight to Bridge School 06). I remembered you telling us about your shed. And now seeing the pics and the reality of it all....well...you a frickin' monster! Kudos to you, brother. And burn the place when you die?? Not before I sit and marvel at this shrine first!!!
    "How loud can silence get?"

http://www.myspace.com/cockeyedoptimus
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    S: Greg here (flight to Bridge School 06). I remembered you telling us about your shed. And now seeing the pics and the reality of it all....well...you a frickin' monster! Kudos to you, brother. And burn the place when you die?? Not before I sit and marvel at this shrine first!!!

Greg!! How are you my friend! Hard to beleive it has been almost 2 years already! Feel free to drop by anytime you'd like! Also feel free to send me that signed Bridge poster as well!! ;) I should have had him sign mine as well..Oh well.....Talk soon...:)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    where the fuck are you going to hang all those?

though I have roughly 30 Pollock posters many 3 by 5 feet and have no place to put them either
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    hrd2imgn wrote:

though I have roughly 30 Pollock posters many 3 by 5 feet and have no place to put them either
    youre a lucky guy... id love to see your collection... im a big fan of pollocks work buy its all waaaay out of my price range... if youre ever looking to part with one for a bargain ive got some wall space for it :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    hrd2imgn wrote:

Did you look at the pics I posted? I have a shop....24 foot by 30 foot, with 14 foot ceilings. All finished inside! LOTS AND LOTS of wall space! I am charging the batteries in the camera as we speak to take some "newer" photos of the outside and such to show some kind of begining photos as I FINALLY get this place underway! Check out the first page of this thread. There are some in photobucket and more on the way!

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    That is damn sweet!
    Like a lot of others said, the NEOCON is my favorite as well.
    Your collection has us all awestruck.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    That is damn sweet!
    Like a lot of others said, the NEOCON is my favorite as well.
    Your collection has us all awestruck.

THANKS! I dig the NEOCON as well. In fact, that will be the 1st thing that goes up. I am putting that right over the computer desk I have out here. Beyond that, I am still at a bit of a loss and really am not sure where to start. It took me almost 3 years to really get this off the ground, and now that I have I dont know where to begin. Having them in tubes and boxes KNOWING they are there is one thing. Actually having them FRAMED is a reality I dont think I was really prepared for! I wish there was some way for me to have them all on my computer like little thumbnails so I could move them around and see what they look like before I hang them up. I guess I will just wing it and see what happens! :)

• Options
    Just took a couple of new pictures. Two of the outside of the shop to give you all an idea of what I am working with. Hard to tell from the pics of the inside just how big it really is. This is the building that houses EVERYTHING PJ!! :D The other is just the first 50 posters I picked up from the framer. I will get the remainder of them on sat morning and the FUN REALLY begins!

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/scottiepj/

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Just took a couple of new pictures. Two of the outside of the shop to give you all an idea of what I am working with. Hard to tell from the pics of the inside just how big it really is. This is the building that houses EVERYTHING PJ!! :D The other is just the first 50 posters I picked up from the framer. I will get the remainder of them on sat morning and the FUN REALLY begins!

sweet! i didnt realize it was its own separate building! thats a great space... id love to have one of my own someday to set up a recording studio and art studio... and of course display my poster collection :D

keep us posted as the prints start going up
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Maybe someone in the insurance biz will read this and let me know what I can and cant or should and shouldnt do...! :)

Um, maybe keep the idea about burning them to the ground to yourself...

Awesome-ness!!!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936

The shutters give shed class!!! You better get an alarm system!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    The shutters give shed class!!! You better get an alarm system!!!

Had it installed the DAY we moved in, for real!!

• Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    freaking awesome KING !!!

that is soooo cool. you said that you are retired though? im betting you wont be able to stay in retirement long though!!!

myabe just part time lol!!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    freaking awesome KING !!!

that is soooo cool. you said that you are retired though? im betting you wont be able to stay in retirement long though!!!

myabe just part time lol!!

Not sure I would put money on me either! :D

• Options
    Holy hell, that's awesome. I can barely afford to frame one...I feel poor. lol
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    That would be great. I would love to know how to go about it, and since your going and if you wouldnt mind asking? Now is as good a time as any for me to do this as well. Since I am just getting them all back, I figure as I unwrap them, I can catalogue them and there value. It is kind of like Christmas right now. He gave them to me all wrapped in paper, so I dont know which is which so when I unwrap, it is like seeing them for the first time all over again! ;) Thanks for anything you find out! :)
    I'll bet it is like Christmas! Very fun. We meet with him on Tuesday, so I'll let you know what I find out. We've both increased our collections in the two years since we've talked to him so I'm interested to see what he says as well. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Scott i think its very very important your family have my details before they ever (and hopefully tthis is a long long long time off) light that match........I'd have to nip in and take the reeenk and the JD bottles first, and give them a lump of change for their trouble, that or ransack the place and give them a sweet insurance claim.....leaving smiles all around.....

It must NEVER be torched!!!

ps more pics more pics more pics/....we want more we want more
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Scott i think its very very important your family have my details before they ever (and hopefully tthis is a long long long time off) light that match........I'd have to nip in and take the reeenk and the JD bottles first, and give them a lump of change for their trouble, that or ransack the place and give them a sweet insurance claim.....leaving smiles all around.....

It must NEVER be torched!!!

ps more pics more pics more pics/....we want more we want more

HAHAHA...I was wondering when you would comment on that! ;) As for the JD bottles, I DONT have those. Never even had the opportunity. Only seen them a couple of times and had always missed out.

I am going to try and spend some time out there this weekend, so I will def take a few more pics once I get them all unwrapped. I am picking up the remaining 40 or so sat morning. CANT WAIT!!

• Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    I'll bet it is like Christmas! Very fun. We meet with him on Tuesday, so I'll let you know what I find out. We've both increased our collections in the two years since we've talked to him so I'm interested to see what he says as well. :)

It is VERY much like Christmas! NONE of them are marked in any way. Aside from knowing which ones are the NEOCON because of their size, I have NO IDEA which is which. I actually peeled the corner back on one last night just to see how one of them looked. I was like slowly opening it and looking inside! Almost like I wasnt suppose too! HAHA. Saw it was Champaign 03 and removed the paper ever so carefully. Held up at various spots in the place to see how it would look...It looks SO GOOD with the non-glare glass, I REALLY like it!!..(I still think the purple is gonna work nicely) This is def going to be fun for sure. Too bad you and some of the others arent closer, we could have a get together at my place and have a "hanging" party! That would be kind of cool! :D

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    It is VERY much like Christmas! NONE of them are marked in any way. Aside from knowing which ones are the NEOCON because of their size, I have NO IDEA which is which. I actually peeled the corner back on one last night just to see how one of them looked. I was like slowly opening it and looking inside! Almost like I wasnt suppose too! HAHA. Saw it was Champaign 03 and removed the paper ever so carefully. Held up at various spots in the place to see how it would look...It looks SO GOOD with the non-glare glass, I REALLY like it!!..(I still think the purple is gonna work nicely) This is def going to be fun for sure. Too bad you and some of the others arent closer, we could have a get together at my place and have a "hanging" party! That would be kind of cool! :D

that would be top class!!!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    that would be top class!!!

DEF!! No one in my neck of the woods that I am aware of to this point, though! Too bad, that would be a kick!!! :)

• Options
    Greg!! How are you my friend! Hard to beleive it has been almost 2 years already! Feel free to drop by anytime you'd like! Also feel free to send me that signed Bridge poster as well!! ;) I should have had him sign mine as well..Oh well.....Talk soon...:)

Ha ha...I felt like a jackass in the first place cuz Im not much of a "star-struck-I-need-your-signature" kind of guy. But as magical as that weekend was...just had to do it. However...unless you change your name to "Greg" you wont want it as it was addressed to me. That shows the sincerity of it all. You know..I just might take you up on that invite one of these days this summer. One of my best friends just move to your town and brother lives there as well...I'll let you know. Til then...keep it realz.
    "How loud can silence get?"

http://www.myspace.com/cockeyedoptimus
  • Options
    Ha ha...I felt like a jackass in the first place cuz Im not much of a "star-struck-I-need-your-signature" kind of guy. But as magical as that weekend was...just had to do it. However...unless you change your name to "Greg" you wont want it as it was addressed to me. That shows the sincerity of it all. You know..I just might take you up on that invite one of these days this summer. One of my best friends just move to your town and brother lives there as well...I'll let you know. Til then...keep it realz.

I dont care if it has your name on it or not, I will take it!! J/K...Yea man, stay in touch and when you make it up here this summer, you had better drop me a note to let me know you are coming! Take care....S

• Options
    pjbiz wrote:
    My friend Carlos from Mexico has all of his framed and mounted at his photography studio, about 50 or 60 of them, looks really impressive. It looks like a PJ art gallery. I'm sure yours will be similar.

I have none of my posters framed, need a home for them to go into first...

Jason

Do you have any pics of his place? Would love to see it! I am going to pick up the reamining posters from the framer here in a couple of hours. Then I will see if I can make any sense out of them and get some on the walls with some pics!!

• Options
    ItIsEvolutionBabyItIsEvolutionBaby Rogers, AR Posts: 397
    Oh please, let it rain today, this city's so filthy, like my mind in ways . . .
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Oklahoma City, OK 04.03.03
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    Bonner Springs, KS 06.12.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK 11.16.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    You could open a PJ Poster Museum!
    Hold On
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Just got a call from the framer. I was expecting there to be an issue or for him to tell me that he had a "few" for me to pick up. Instead, he said he and his assistant decided to do them ALL this past weekend. 70 of them!!(I picked up the other 11 a couple weeks ago...

I am excited and overwhelmed all at the same time!! It will take me 3 trips on the way home the rest of the week to get them all! Then this weekend will be trying to figure out what to do with them all!!!

I AM STOKED!!!!!!!

absolutely pathetic
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I'm in shock and awe!! and so in love with this thread!! I don't have NEARLY as many posters as the rest of you (I have one from every show I've been too), but would have them all if I could ($$ & husband prevent me). I've been planning to frame and hang my posters for years, so I thank you all for posting your images, to help give me ideas. Now all I need is the xtra cash jfor the framing:)

I would love to hang 80+ PJ posters - what fun! I also think the purple wall will look good to help "pop" the poster colors (esp the neocon - but I know you have another space designated); you could just leave a purple inch or so peeking out between each poster - it would really unite the whole wall/collection. It'll be like a puzzle!! Man, please post photos when you finish. SO jealous (and I'm not really the jealous type :) hehe).

It'sEvolutionBaby, I LOVE the frame you put on the Hartford poster - I have the same one (at the same show) and I think I may follow your example (steal your idea).

thanks.
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    absolutely pathetic
    :rolleyes:
    Poignant.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away