Options

My posters are DONE!!! ALL 81 of them!!!

Comments

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Fuck me king that is savage...well done my friend..my missus would defo divorce me ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    WOW!!!!!!!!!

that's a lot.

i have yet to frame one of mine :o
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    $5600 for the framing..:)

Who says the economy is fucked!

That's not even including what you paid for the posters!!!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    FrankieG wrote:
    Are you going to be adding any posters on this tour??

I told myself a few weeks ago that I was retired. I will always be on the lookout for a Missoula 98 and a Gorge 93 as those are the only two shows I have been to that I dont have a poster for. Aside from that, after I bought the 3 solo ed shows, I decided to call it quits. I still have about 40-50 more to do(which are on hold for now). So these are the end, but more of the begining. So, unless there is something that I just cant live without, I will not be buying any more unless I go to the show, and I am not doing the east coast this time around...:)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I still have about 40-50 more to do(which are on hold for now).

wow dude, you really are the King!
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    you might want to look into some guard dogs and missile launchers for your pad!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    how did you hook up with the backstage passes?
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:
    you might want to look into some guard dogs and missile launchers for your pad!

HAHAHA....Already have the alarm in place! Motion sensors, window and door sensors. Always at the ready. I will however have to up the insurance a bit! :)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    SBC03 wrote:
    how did you hook up with the backstage passes?

A friend is good friends with Jeff A. He has hooked us up a few times now. those are from the 05 shows. Gorge, Vancouver and Calgary. Didnt go backsatge in Calgary. We gave them up to some friends of Jeffs who were in town and wanted to surprise him. Some pro skate/snowboarder guys. So we gave them our passes for that show and they were nice enough to give us the passes back after so we could keep them.

• Options
    that sounds almost to good a deal to believe. roughly $70 a poster! still very cool though. cant wait to see picks!

I thought it was a pretty good deal as well. Turns out there were 86 of them when I stopped by today. I was only able to take about 35 of them today and will get the others in about 2 more trips. Then once I get them here, I will figure out how I am gonna put them up. Not sure exactly which way I am going to go yet. I am thinking about clearing the floor and laying as many as I can out and then climbing up on the ladder and looking at them from above and then just moving them around until I find some look I like. Maybe something will jump out at me. Def going to take while to get them all up.

• Options
    jack cameronjack cameron Sydney Posts: 340
    Hey man! - impressive collection - how did you get all the boots from 2003? - you buy in bulk? - were they available in the States or Canada (where do you live?), cos in Australia we could only buy 5 or six in stores!

Do you have EVERY boot? ('00, '03, '05, '06)?

Thanks mate... when I'm over there I may have to meet up with you, get you really drunk and take a few posters - 81 - you wouldn't notice!!!

Hahaha! - enjoy mate.. sounds like you have an amazing wife!

jack cameron...
    Pearl Jam: 11/02/03 • 13/02/03 • 18/02/03 • 07/11/06 • 13/11/06 • 16/11/06 • 18/11/06 • 19/11/06 • 20/11/09 • 22/11/09 • 26/01/14
    Eddie Vedder: 15/03/11 • 16/03/11 • 18/03/11 • 19/03/11 • 11/02/14 • 12/02/14
  • Options
    Hey man! - impressive collection - how did you get all the boots from 2003? - you buy in bulk? - were they available in the States or Canada (where do you live?), cos in Australia we could only buy 5 or six in stores!

Do you have EVERY boot? ('00, '03, '05, '06)?

Thanks mate... when I'm over there I may have to meet up with you, get you really drunk and take a few posters - 81 - you wouldn't notice!!!

Hahaha! - enjoy mate.. sounds like you have an amazing wife!

jack cameron...
    All the 00 and 03 boots were available through 10C. You should have been able to buy them as well. I am in WA State about 275 miles east of Seattle in Spokane.

Pretty sure I have everything from 00 to current, although they are not all official releases. The 07 stuff are all audience recordings.

My wife is def an amazing girl. Has NEVER said a word in the 15 years we have been together. She knew it was my thing when we met. I am sure she figured it would fade....Obviously i didnt...;) If you are ever in the states, look me up, I dont drink, but 'll show you around the place! :)

• Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Better rent atruck to pick um all up! 8)

Where are they? Gr8Dane and I will go get them for you!!! FREE Pick Up!!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    Where are they? Gr8Dane and I will go get them for you!!! FREE Pick Up!!!

HAHAHAHA....Cant recall the name of the place. I know how to get there, but give bad directions and you would prob get lost...If you were local, I would take you up on that free service though! ;)

• Options
    sailboatcaptainsailboatcaptain San Juan, Puerto Rico Posts: 251
    awesome!!
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    Just got a call from the framer. I was expecting there to be an issue or for him to tell me that he had a "few" for me to pick up. Instead, he said he and his assistant decided to do them ALL this past weekend. 70 of them!!(I picked up the other 11 a couple weeks ago...

I am excited and overwhelmed all at the same time!! It will take me 3 trips on the way home the rest of the week to get them all! Then this weekend will be trying to figure out what to do with them all!!!

I AM STOKED!!!!!!!

Nice Job dude... finally someone does what we all hope to acheive...Please post pix when you get a chance.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,452
    Am I the only person that thinks this whole thing is idiotic?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    On2Legs wrote:
    yes... what business is it of yours how he spends his money... theyre valuable art prints and more importantly great looking wall decor... theres no reason he shouldnt proudly display and protect them if he has the money to do so

cant wait to see the pics! (though I'd reconsider the purple wall first :D)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    81?! :eek:

Holy crap that's a lot of posters... I can see why you're stoked! :D

Pictures would be nice ;)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    cant wait to see it Scott,

and hope your happy with the job.....
  • Options
    On2Legs wrote:

Well I kinda admire him for it, idiotic is a work reserved for fuckwits like George Bush and gordon fat miserable useless scottish twat Brown, here we have a chap who has spent some time collecting his posters, has had them framed and is putting them on his walls, is it because he has 81 that makes it idiotic? or is someone who has 5 idiotic too??

Perhaps all museums are idiotic on this basis.....
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Having a thing is not so pleasing as wanting it, it may not be logical but it is sometimes very true.

I guess it works for you..I hope you got a discount, though.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    This is absurd, how can having 81 posters not be as good as wanting 81 posters?? Your theory may be true in some walks of life but these are physical posters, all of which he already has and hes putting a frame around them and hanging them in a place he has reserved for them.. i think he knows how it'll turn out and Sure he'll be delighted by the results.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Just got a call from the framer. I was expecting there to be an issue or for him to tell me that he had a "few" for me to pick up. Instead, he said he and his assistant decided to do them ALL this past weekend. 70 of them!!(I picked up the other 11 a couple weeks ago...

I am excited and overwhelmed all at the same time!! It will take me 3 trips on the way home the rest of the week to get them all! Then this weekend will be trying to figure out what to do with them all!!!

I AM STOKED!!!!!!!
    dude that is AWESOME!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I have PLENTY of room for them. These are from a couple of years ago, but this is my "shop" 24x30' with 14' celings! Completely SEPARATE from my home. This in back of my house....All for my PJ collection!! I will def post some new pics in the weeks to come!!!

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/scottiepj/

I did get a discount on bulk framing, and I am fairly sure the posters cost me LESS than the framing! DAMN, I am EXCITED!!

Your Vitalogy coffee table is WAY to cool! How did you make it?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    On2Legs wrote:

That is the beauty of it...No, you are not the only one. I enjoy it(them) and that is all that matters. There will always be SOMEONE who will think I am out of my mind for doing it. Just like having them mounted, I pretty much ruined their monetary value when I did that, right? Am I worried about resale? NOPE?? Have they all been handled with kid gloves...NOPE... It has never been about their worth, what people think about how or why I would do it. Pearl Jam is my thing, and whether I have 0, 5 or 100 posters or other collectibles I blow my money on, it is all about ME, and while I know people will have their opinions whether good, bad, or indifferent, they are just opinions and I couldnt really give a toss what other people think of me or my obsession in the grand scheme for things. :D

• Options
    Your Vitalogy coffee table is WAY to cool! How did you make it?

I didnt make it. These were a couple of tables that a friend of mine had a few years back. He decided to get rid of them. I needed some furniture for my shop, so I took them. When I got them back home, I had the Vitalogy promo lying there, so I put it on top to get it off the ground. Once I realized they were the perfect size, I decided to use them for either side of the couch. So I sought out another promo and had another pc of glass cut to put over the top for protection.

• Options
    Stereotype wrote:
    Having a thing is not so pleasing as wanting it, it may not be logical but it is sometimes very true.

I guess it works for you..I hope you got a discount, though.

Not true in this case my friend. I knew what I was doing the whole time. If not for this "shop", we would not have bought this house. The house is nice, but the shop closed the deal. It worked two fold. Not only did it house everything I have, but it got it out of the "main" house so no one else had to deal with my craziness..;) I had visions of grandure long ago with my PJ collection. I knew I wanted and would enjoy something like this many years prior. I collected and collected and collected and just put it in boxes and kept it out of the way. I knew one day I would have "space" to put it all up, and will enjoy it for many many years to come. I was telling my wife last night, that in 30-40 years or whatever it may be when I die, I dont want here to sell anything(Unless of course she needed the $$), but I want her to set fire to the place, because by that time, I will be the only one who would have cared anyhow! ;)

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:

cant wait to see the pics! (though I'd reconsider the purple wall first :D)

REALLY??? I actually thought that the purple would make the colors on the posters really POP! You think something else would look better? The other 3 are "STONE"wall gray. You cant tell from the pictures, but I also painted the window trim purple. It actually looks better in person. What other color would you suggest?? I am ALWAYS open to any suggestions or criticism with this place.

• Options
    If you are ever in the states, look me up, I dont drink, but 'll show you around the place! :)

Good man...

When I think about how much $$ I have spent (wasted?) on booze over the years...

No wonder you have the cash to do something like this...

Great collection mate