Options

My posters are DONE!!! ALL 81 of them!!!

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    REALLY??? I actually thought that the purple would make the colors on the posters really POP! You think something else would look better? The other 3 are "STONE"wall gray. You cant tell from the pictures, but I also painted the window trim purple. It actually looks better in person. What other color would you suggest?? I am ALWAYS open to any suggestions or criticism with this place.
    i dunno... ill have to wait and see what it looks like against the purple i guess... i had some of mine up on an orange/terra cotta accent wall for awhile and that looked pretty good... but recently i painted my bedroom this rich chocolate milk color (more neutral) and i think it makes the colors of the posters POP even more... i can take pics if youre interested

its all a matter of opinion tho and im sure its a bitch to paint a wall that size... the purple kindof reminds me of the "ten" album cover... id leave it for now, work on where you want all the posters, and if down the road you decide to change colors just leave all the nail holes so you dont have to redo all that
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i dunno... ill have to wait and see what it looks like against the purple i guess... i had some of mine up on an orange/terra cotta accent wall for awhile and that looked pretty good... but recently i painted my bedroom this rich chocolate milk color (more neutral) and i think it makes the colors of the posters POP even more... i can take pics if youre interested

its all a matter of opinion tho and im sure its a bitch to paint a wall that size... the purple kindof reminds me of the "ten" album cover... id leave it for now, work on where you want all the posters, and if down the road you decide to change colors just leave all the nail holes so you dont have to redo all that

I would def like to see pics of yours! Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it! :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Good man...

When I think about how much $$ I have spent (wasted?) on booze over the years...

No wonder you have the cash to do something like this...

Great collection mate

I could feed a small country based on the amount of booze I have bought over the years.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    I could feed a small country based on the amount of booze I have bought over the years.

I know, but yet it doesn't stop me!

You only live once!
  • Options

You only live once!

Exactly!!!!!:)

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Exactly!!!!!:)

Plus, not sure if you have kids, but that would be an awesome PJ legacy to pass on one day (kids or otherwise)
  • Options
    I would def like to see pics of yours! Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it! :D
    ask and you shall receive... pardon my mess... and this is just a handful of my collection... ive got like 50 more stored under my bed and some of them are framed at my school apt.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/sgossard3/room001.jpg
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/sgossard3/room002.jpg

i think its a nice color... i forget the name of it... hope it gives you ideas tho :D

• Options
    Plus, not sure if you have kids, but that would be an awesome PJ legacy to pass on one day (kids or otherwise)
    ill let him adopt me :p

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    ask and you shall receive... pardon my mess... and this is just a handful of my collection... ive got like 50 more stored under my bed and some of them are framed at my school apt.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/sgossard3/room001.jpg
    http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u218/sgossard3/room002.jpg

i think its a nice color... i forget the name of it... hope it gives you ideas tho :D

That looks very cool! I dig that color as well. Like you said, I can always repaint later if I dont like it.

As for kids, NO, I do not have any 2-legged ones. I have 3 little Chi Hua Huas that cost me about as much as a child would though! j/k.

I suppose I could leave it to my neices, or should we ever decide to adopt, there is that. Otherwise, like I said.....Let the MF'er burn!! ;)

Thanks for the pics. :D

• Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    you should insure your collection... it cost you a nice bundle to obtain and frame... i doubt the policy would be expensive.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    NYbenben wrote:
    you should insure your collection... it cost you a nice bundle to obtain and frame... i doubt the policy would be expensive.

The building itself is insured. I have been meaning to get a seperate policy for the contents for quite a while. That said, how do I determine the value on the posters themselves? Is this something that I could use EB for? Like where they track the average that a print sells for on the bay?? Art is subjective and hard to prove value isnt it? I DEF have to do this and soon. Any ideas???

• Options
    The building itself is insured. I have been meaning to get a seperate policy for the contents for quite a while. That said, how do I determine the value on the posters themselves? Is this something that I could use EB for? Like where they track the average that a print sells for on the bay?? Art is subjective and hard to prove value isnt it? I DEF have to do this and soon. Any ideas???
    i would go with the value of the frames + the highest price the print has sold for based on EB... i think its entirely your say what you think theyre worth... you might as well make sure you get enough $ back to restore your collection should anything happen... im not in insurance tho so im not sure how it works

• Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i would go with the value of the frames + the highest price the print has sold for based on EB... i think its entirely your say what you think theyre worth... you might as well make sure you get enough $ back to restore your collection should anything happen... im not in insurance tho so im not sure how it works

Maybe someone in the insurance biz will read this and let me know what I can and cant or should and shouldnt do...! :)

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    take them to the roadshow and they will appraise them for ya!!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    take them to the roadshow and they will appraise them for ya!!! :D

Roadshow was just here last August!! Maybe in 20 years I could do that. It would be kind of fun... ;)

• Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Geez--i forgot. It's ANTIQUES Roadshow!!!

D'oh!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,191
    pdalowsky wrote:
    cant wait to see it Scott,

and hope your happy with the job.....

thats what she said.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Just got a call from the framer. I was expecting there to be an issue or for him to tell me that he had a "few" for me to pick up. Instead, he said he and his assistant decided to do them ALL this past weekend. 70 of them!!(I picked up the other 11 a couple weeks ago...

I am excited and overwhelmed all at the same time!! It will take me 3 trips on the way home the rest of the week to get them all! Then this weekend will be trying to figure out what to do with them all!!!

I AM STOKED!!!!!!!

are we to understand that "the framer" is MasterFramer. and is so.....

1) he's out of his freakin' mind
    2) you're out of your freakin' mind
    3) ALL OF YOU POSTER COLLECTORS ARE OUT OF YOUR FREAKIN' MINDS!!

long live Pearl Jam, it's what binds us together

the framer and his assistant.....my god in heaven. maybe it's not the guy with the user name MasterFramer...but whoever it is.....damn.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Not true in this case my friend. I knew what I was doing the whole time. If not for this "shop", we would not have bought this house. The house is nice, but the shop closed the deal. It worked two fold. Not only did it house everything I have, but it got it out of the "main" house so no one else had to deal with my craziness..;) I had visions of grandure long ago with my PJ collection. I knew I wanted and would enjoy something like this many years prior. I collected and collected and collected and just put it in boxes and kept it out of the way. I knew one day I would have "space" to put it all up, and will enjoy it for many many years to come. I was telling my wife last night, that in 30-40 years or whatever it may be when I die, I dont want here to sell anything(Unless of course she needed the $$), but I want her to set fire to the place, because by that time, I will be the only one who would have cared anyhow! ;)

I don't think you really understood what I meant with that sentence. You've read it very literal.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    That is the beauty of it...No, you are not the only one. I enjoy it(them) and that is all that matters. There will always be SOMEONE who will think I am out of my mind for doing it. Just like having them mounted, I pretty much ruined their monetary value when I did that, right? Am I worried about resale? NOPE?? Have they all been handled with kid gloves...NOPE... It has never been about their worth, what people think about how or why I would do it. Pearl Jam is my thing, and whether I have 0, 5 or 100 posters or other collectibles I blow my money on, it is all about ME, and while I know people will have their opinions whether good, bad, or indifferent, they are just opinions and I couldnt really give a toss what other people think of me or my obsession in the grand scheme for things. :D

WORD!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    bad ass. enjoy them my friend. may we all bask in the glory that is pearl jam!
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Just got a call from the framer. I was expecting there to be an issue or for him to tell me that he had a "few" for me to pick up. Instead, he said he and his assistant decided to do them ALL this past weekend. 70 of them!!(I picked up the other 11 a couple weeks ago...

I am excited and overwhelmed all at the same time!! It will take me 3 trips on the way home the rest of the week to get them all! Then this weekend will be trying to figure out what to do with them all!!!

I AM STOKED!!!!!!!

dude, there are only a handful of MUST OWNS anyway.....are you framing the " birds"
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    are we to understand that "the framer" is MasterFramer. and is so.....

1) he's out of his freakin' mind
    2) you're out of your freakin' mind
    3) ALL OF YOU POSTER COLLECTORS ARE OUT OF YOUR FREAKIN' MINDS!!

long live Pearl Jam, it's what binds us together

the framer and his assistant.....my god in heaven. maybe it's not the guy with the user name MasterFramer...but whoever it is.....damn.

I guess the answer to atleast one of those questions is a resounding YES, I am out of my mind.....It was not MasterFramer however who did my posters. It was a local guy here where I live. It was going to be MF, but because of where he lives and the expense in shipping so many, I had to go local...:)

• Options
    dude, there are only a handful of MUST OWNS anyway.....are you framing the " birds"

I went though a period where I said I MUST OWN everything! hahaha...What are the birds??

• Options
    Stereotype wrote:
    I don't think you really understood what I meant with that sentence. You've read it very literal.

Well....I didnt take offense to anything if that is what you mean....If I misuderstood, I am sorry. Please explain it to me again...:D

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I have well over 150 posters/prints and according to our agent, you just need to keep a list of their values and make sure to include it in your personal property insurance. The special riders are for jewelry or guns only as far as our agent has told us. Otherwise it is included under the personal property category. My husband collects football cards also, and we just give him an excel sheet every year with what we have and approximate values and he makes sure we're covered. We're meeting soon, and if I get any more info I'll let you know. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i love pjtradeking and other fans like him. :)
    fans such as this are excellent tools for me to use when discussing things i want to do re: pj...b/c i ALWAYS look so much more sane. ;)

thanks!
    :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    I have well over 150 posters/prints and according to our agent, you just need to keep a list of their values and make sure to include it in your personal property insurance. The special riders are for jewelry or guns only as far as our agent has told us. Otherwise it is included under the personal property category. My husband collects football cards also, and we just give him an excel sheet every year with what we have and approximate values and he makes sure we're covered. We're meeting soon, and if I get any more info I'll let you know. :)

That would be great. I would love to know how to go about it, and since your going and if you wouldnt mind asking? Now is as good a time as any for me to do this as well. Since I am just getting them all back, I figure as I unwrap them, I can catalogue them and there value. It is kind of like Christmas right now. He gave them to me all wrapped in paper, so I dont know which is which so when I unwrap, it is like seeing them for the first time all over again! ;) Thanks for anything you find out! :)

• Options
    i love pjtradeking and other fans like him. :)
    fans such as this are excellent tools for me to use when discussing things i want to do re: pj...b/c i ALWAYS look so much more sane. ;)

thanks!
    :D

HAHAHA...People have always looked at me kind of funny when I talk about this stuff. Their like, "Hey, so what do you do when you are not working?"....I take them out to the shop and most of them look at me like I have lost my mind. I think when I take them out there, they always expect to see some classic car, or some kind of a woodshop or workspace. NO ONE EVER expects it to be like its own little house with all the video games, tvs, stero and cd/dvd/vhs all over the place!!! :D

• Options
    NewJPage wrote:
    bad ass. enjoy them my friend. may we all bask in the glory that is pearl jam!

I am going to take some new pics this weekend for sure. Pics of the shop, the before during and after this time all the way through. So if you guys see something and have a suggestion, please throw it out there!! :D