Options

Alpine valley........

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Wash night 2 :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqNcdslz1fA
    bring it back...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,877

Ahhh....great start to a great evening. If I could have hand-picked the opening song that would have been it. My jaw dropped when the opening chords came across the air. Good times :)8-). Just me, or does it seem like AV was about five years ago? ;)
  • Options
    Ahhh....great start to a great evening. If I could have hand-picked the opening song that would have been it. My jaw dropped when the opening chords came across the air. Good times :)8-). Just me, or does it seem like AV was about five years ago? ;)

Close, almost 5 months to the date.

5 months ago today I was at work, but already 'off' - checking the weather, watching the forums, mentally packing then re-packing, calling my bank to make sure the didn't freeze my card when they saw it was being used in WI and then didn't sleep a wink the entire night. :D
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    oh how I miss this weekend.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    I wait up in the dark...for you to speeeeeeeeeeak to meeeeeeeee. I'll open up, releeeeeeease meeeeee

Listening to the Vault bootleg from Alpiune right now with a bottle of wine, fkn great
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    YLed2 wrote:
    I wait up in the dark...for you to speeeeeeeeeeak to meeeeeeeee. I'll open up, releeeeeeease meeeeee

Listening to the Vault bootleg from Alpiune right now with a bottle of wine, fkn great

+1
  • Options
    1sm169dance3.gif

Bump just because
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
  • Options

Is it possible to still get chills from a show 5 months ago....why yes it is.

AMAZING
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Yeah this is SO fab & yep I still get chills watching that too. I so hope they have some kind of DVD release. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    we have to go back....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    we have to go back....
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    best scene in the history of tv
  • Options

Is it possible to still get chills from a show 5 months ago....why yes it is.

AMAZING

everytime i think about it!
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • Options
    PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    The weekend can never be repeated but I sure would like to try.

Going from Hot on Friday night to freezing on Sunday night I'll never forget it.

PJ21 Alpine Valley 2012!!! Labor day weekend and then go play Wrigley the next weekend. Just a thought.
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    That multi cam video is almost brought down by the audio..
    Imagine that sucker synched up with the official boot?
    Still waiting folks...?
    Wtf?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    we have to go back....
    hahahaha...I wonder how many people from this thread have ventured into the LOST thread also. :)
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    I thought the first night was amazing....the songs they played will never be heard like that again.....that's what's so great bout Pj is u never know what you'll see!!!!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    juddboz80 wrote:
    I thought the first night was amazing....the songs they played will never be heard like that again.....that's what's so great bout Pj is u never know what you'll see!!!!!

On Night 1 I was standing on the lawn going :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It was like a giant birthday party, except we were the ones opening all of the presents, and we had no idea what the next one would be...
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    iamica wrote:
    juddboz80 wrote:

It was like a giant birthday party, except we were the ones opening all of the presents, and we had no idea what the next one would be...
    :D8-) Well put. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    morello wrote:
    iamica wrote:
    juddboz80 wrote:

+1
  • Options
    78FLH wrote:
    morello wrote:
    iamica wrote:

+1
    I often think how cool it was that it was the guy's, the band's 'birthday party' & I hope they had as good a time as anyone should at their own birthday party but yeah it was like our birthday party too, like everyone, band & fans all celebrated. Guess that's kinda obvious but I often think how cool it was we got to be part of their birthday party. :)
    <hr>
  • Options
    rememberlaughterrememberlaughter Cedar Falls, Iowa Posts: 65
    edited February 2012
    I did not see any cameras there...I was looking hard both nights, assuming there'd eventually be a DVD/BR release. I don't think we'll get one, but hope I'm wrong (I was inebriated or inhibited most of that weekend). Maybe someone else saw cameras? I DO know that they recorded audio, as I was about 15 feet from the crowd mic on night 2 (right in front of the house sound booth) - did anybody else see Danny Masterson in there? I know there were other celebs in there I either couldn't see or didn't recognize.
    Post edited by rememberlaughter on
    @Fist2TheJaw on Twitter https://twitter.com/fist2thejaw
    "Does anybody remember laughter?" - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"(Live '77)
  • Options
    I really wasn't looking for cameras - or celebrities - I remember that basketball due the first night just before PJ went on with everyone staring at him and cheering and me trying to figure out what we were looking at, before the guy next to me kindly explained to the clearly bewildered aussie chick
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    iamica wrote:

well said.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    I did not see any cameras there...I was looking hard both nights, assuming there'd eventually be a DVD/BR release. I don't think we'll get one, but hope I'm wrong (I was inebriated or inhibited most of that weekend). Maybe someone else saw cameras? I DO know that they recorded audio, as I was about 15 feet from the crowd mic on night 2 (right in front of the house sound booth) - did anybody else see Danny Masterson in there? I know there were other celebs in there I either couldn't see or didn't recognize.

I was in the pavilion both nights, and both nights saw not only somebody by the stage, but someone up in on the top of the pillars. I bet they were shooting for the screens on the lawn..... but I can't imagine them not recording also.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    One of the best weekends of my life....no doubt.

My buddy and his wife, who I hadn't seen in 2 years picked me up at the airport and we won the lottery....front and center 9th row Night 1. The feeling when PJ first took stage and the energy of Release and the crowd will never be felt again....I just can't put words down to put it into perspective. To me, Release was the highlight of the entire weekend and was such a powerful feeling.......what a fkn great weekend....beautiful.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14