Options

Alpine valley........

faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
edited September 2013 in The Porch
Listening to it again, and it makes me so fucking happy that I was there. Through the pissy rain, the overpriced beers and the huge lines. It was the ultimate weekend with the best band in the world and the best fans and friends. I don't give a ratsass <
speedyism ;) what people (mb) say about the first night set either. It was the best weekend of my life. Here's to alpine and PJ20!!
#freespeedy
Just, not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I said, I dont want it.
I just need it.
To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    true story..even the after party at the hotel was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
    all this people,all thos happy faces,all this celebration and feeling proud to be a fan of this bad...
    if i could turn time back..if..today...ill be the happiest Greek on the planet...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Listening to it again, and it makes me so fucking happy that I was there. Through the pissy rain, the overpriced beers and the huge lines. It was the ultimate weekend with the best band in the world and the best fans and friends. I don't give a ratsass <
    speedyism ;) what people (mb) say about the first night set either. It was the best weekend of my life. Here's to alpine and PJ20!!
    #freespeedy

Speedy is free...

He has served his month long punishment.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    all this people,all thos happy faces,all this celebration and feeling proud to be a fan of this bad...
    if i could turn time back..if..today...ill be the happiest Greek on the planet...

To think... some people didn't go saying it would be just another show.... I miss Alpine.. :cry:
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    Aww ya buddy. It was sweet at our hotel. Had so much fun Friday night. Cmon Chicago show!!!
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Options
    Aww ya buddy. It was sweet at our hotel. Had so much fun Friday night. Cmon Chicago show!!!
    chicago show??hehe..ill book my trip first ,even before everone else think of going or not at the show..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    #freespeedy

To Alpine!!

I listened to it a couple weeks ago, and was overwhelmed yet again.

The whole weekend was incredible. I'm so grateful I got to experience it.
  • Options
    Tboz51 wrote:

To think... some people didn't go saying it would be just another show.... I miss Alpine.. :cry:
    except our mom and country the rest is choices in life..i know we did the right one for this weekend...
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I think the rain forced people to get to know others...if it was nice I think I would have been roaming group to group....and taking my alcoholic whipped cream with me. 8-)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    #freespeedy

Hey rf, how are you listening to the Alpine Show...have I missed something?
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I think the rain forced people to get to know others...if it was nice I think I would have been roaming group to group....and taking my alcoholic whipped cream with me. 8-)
    donr make me say it...i was the only asshole here i said.i want .rain....rain..
    we wouldnt spent all this time under the tent if wasnt for the rain..was awesome day...awesome..unique...
    felt so warm with peoples love and friendship in that cold day..awesome..
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    I don't give a ratsass <
    #freespeedy

I actually think i enjoyed night 1 more even though it was shorter and my seats weren't as good. Alpine was the perfect venue. I say we do it again in 288 days!
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    #freespeedy

Lol. Love it. You RF mofo. I have a fan recording. I'm dying for the official release.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I don't give a ratsass <
    #freespeedy

I actually think i enjoyed night 1 more even though it was shorter and my seats weren't as good. Alpine was the perfect venue. I say we do it again in 288 days!
    im in..just need to do one thigng first.. :D
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    #freespeedy

Lol. Love it. You RF mofo. I have a fan recording. I'm dying for the official release.

Gotcha. When the officials are released they will have a coupon code...it's ratfuck.
  • Options
    Haha. Only valid for you I and that RF 81. Haha
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Fuck yeah! Great thread! Legendary weekend. Nobody will convince me otherwise!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Glad you all had fun at Alpine. :)
  • Options
    Haha. Only valid for you I and that RF 81. Haha

:lol:
  • Options
    Tboz51 wrote:

Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Options
    Tboz51 wrote:

Haha. I just pocket posted. WTF. RF move. Did I mention how awesome alpine was.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410

It was a GREAT time. I sure am ready to go again :mrgreen:
  • Options
    It was an amazing weekend met a lot of great people had an unbelievably good time rain and all. We were lucky enough to go trough the museum Sat. afternoon. Hopefully the 3 yr. rumor turns out to be true. I'll be there for sure!
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    It was a wonderful weekend...I went in thinking it was going to be amazing and it still exceeded my expectations :D:D:D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    abhijeetabhijeet Posts: 303
    The band and the music overcame even the rain and the cold. I'm so glad I went.
    Seattle 2009-09-21
    Alpine Valley 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Wish I'd gone.

Wait a second... :?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    BEST

WEEKEND

EVER!!!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited November 2011
    pureoc wrote:
    BEST

WEEKEND

EVER!!!!!
    +1
    I only wish I'd got to meet more of you all + had got some of the whipped cream/didn't miss the tailgate! :)
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,269
    pureoc wrote:
    BEST

WEEKEND

EVER!!!!!

Damn right about that!
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Loved every single second of that weekend!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com