Alpine valley........

Comments

• jopetto75jopetto75 Posts: 397
    How much fun would it be if they did one or two of these a year? Including Europe and South America, is there a big enough venue to do it over in Europe? I would go to each one just to hang with the few people I met in Alpine. That was something very special we witnessed there in those mountains.
    For Real!!!
    One big party in Amsterdam and in Rio sounds fun to me!!

Beats trying to plan this European tour this sux I don't were to stay or how to get around. :?
    until next time......
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I actually still have a few beers in my fridge from that trip

I carry my wristbands around in the 'secret' compartment of my purse for luck.

My absolute favorite sweater is this cheap cotton thing from a Walmart that I bought when we were on the way to the venue for night 2.

I have the unofficial boots and a studio play list to match on my ipod

Alpine still (and always will) makes me smile.... :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

:?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

thinking of putting them up on ebay. real collector items
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

thinking of putting them up on ebay. real collector items
    don't you have teenage sons?? they should have disappeared by now ;)
  • drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    When are the boots coming out????????????
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • Great post, great reminder of one of the best weekends of my life.
    I had dinner last night with the friends I went with to Alpine Valley. We talked A TON about that weekend. It was our reminder of just how awesome we are for having made the trip. Just an epic weekend, an epic show with epic people.
    And winning 10c lottery seats didn't hurt either!!

Yea, I want to see PJ in 2012 but I'm sort of hoping the tweet today is about boots and DVD's from Alpine Valley 2011.
  • best weekend ever..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jopetto75 wrote:
    How much fun would it be if they did one or two of these a year? Including Europe and South America, is there a big enough venue to do it over in Europe? I would go to each one just to hang with the few people I met in Alpine. That was something very special we witnessed there in those mountains.
    For Real!!!

Beats trying to plan this European tour this sux I don't were to stay or how to get around. :?

Nice idea but would never work, if it happened every year you wouldn't find nearly as many people coming from around the world and it would lose it's shiny-ness and atmosphere
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • what en epic weekend that was...

i don't think they can do it again because nothing could ever touch the significance of the first one. to me it is like the subsequent versions of woodstock...1969 awesome, 1994 alright, 1999 sucked ass...

i do wish i could go back there and spend a little more time with the quality people that i met that weekend..
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i want to do it all over again....

Me too!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    best weekend ever..

without a doubt! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jopetto75 wrote:
    For Real!!!

It's a ski hill not a mountain and yup it was fun. :) Glad you all had a great time in East Troy. :mrgreen:
  • Wish I could repeat this weekend everyday!! I had great seats the first night, but I was on the 10C lawn the second night and it was fucking unreal! It was first 'real' time experiencing a show with other 10C members and it just totally blew me away. I've never felt so connected, at peace and just plain happy! The entire weekend blew me away, musically and otherwise. i can't wait for more of these moments.

thank you SO MUCH eddie, mike, jeff, stone, matt, chris, glen, liam, john, joseph, BOOM, and absolutely everyone I met, put this thing together and lived it!

pearl jam---thank you x10000000000 for (continually!) bringing so much happiness into my life.
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • Wish I could repeat this weekend everyday!! I had great seats the first night, but I was on the 10C lawn the second night and it was fucking unreal! It was first 'real' time experiencing a show with other 10C members and it just totally blew me away. I've never felt so connected, at peace and just plain happy! The entire weekend blew me away, musically and otherwise. i can't wait for more of these moments.

thank you SO MUCH eddie, mike, jeff, stone, matt, chris, glen, liam, john, joseph, BOOM, and absolutely everyone I met, put this thing together and lived it!

pearl jam---thank you x10000000000 for (continually!) bringing so much happiness into my life.
    Illionoians are my favo people....
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    jopetto75 wrote:
    For Real!!!

Nice idea but would never work, if it happened every year you wouldn't find nearly as many people coming from around the world and it would lose it's shiny-ness and atmosphere

Very true. No matter how you try the first can never be duplicated ;)
  • bump for the best
  • 78FLH wrote:
    jopetto75 wrote:
    For Real!!!

Very true. No matter how you try the first can never be duplicated ;)

Not duplicated but some things do get better. I remember thinking PJ10 in Vegas was amazing, Foo Fighters then PJ10 in the same night!! Then came Alpine and blew Vegas away. I wonder if the next anniversary will be PJ25 or PJ30? None of us are getting any younger and every 5 years for a destination weekend seems reasonable. ;)
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • 'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    I'm through with screaming!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMNKTBuQjY
  • bump for the best
    8-)
  • bump for the best
    8-)
  • Wash night 2 :D