Options

Toronto 9/11/11 show free on Google Music...2011 bootleg!!!

Comments

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Thanks for this OP and D!

Awesome show
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    I created this link just now from this download:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1XUOU3UR

not-worthy.jpg

WOW - what a day (sorry if I bore with this, but am 3 parts)...firstly, PJP - you are AFL (a fucking legend), and also to the peops who discovered these boots... it's just gone 2.15am Friday, just downloaded it after checking threads on mobile on way to work (arvo shift) 14 hours ago...almost got off train to go home when I read it. Due to circumstances (i.e. cheaper download rate after midnight) had a few (6 schooies) beers after work, would've liked more but had to get the last train (and 6 is my 'comfortably happy,let's not get too pissed' limit - I'm 55 not 24 anymore (physically, not mentally)), argued, no, discussed the merits of US of A being the world police to peops who are not so pro-US...as one person harangued the 'they only joined WWII cuz of Pearl Harbour 'blah blah blah' argument a fellow worker older than me supported my side (but that's for another forum)...it started as a result of Pres. Barack's visit and his beautiful address to our parliament yesterday..man he can put words together..takes me back to my younger years when I was a political animal and some politicos inspired me...am so looking forwarded to TC boots of Alpine Valley, Canada, and South America, as we all are, no doubt...thank you.......................
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Just finished listening to it, and the show is just as good as I remember it. Unfortunately I now have an appetite for more boots from this tour. This one just sounded fantastic. I can't wait to get the ones for the other shows I attended...maybe more.
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    Thanks OP for the link... great to have a free boot.

Not crazy about the mix... sounds like I have water in my ears... too much "hall" reverb... I prefer the more raw in your face mixes on the boots like LA3 from 2009(10?). but happy to have a chance to listen!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    love me some It's OK.... dang that song gets me going everytime....
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options

Thank you, thank you! Can't wait to rock out to this today after work! :D:D
    I suggest you step out on your porch...
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,850
    cmmac80 wrote:

Thank you, thank you! Can't wait to rock out to this today after work! :D:D

Echo the above....thanks, PJP, for link :D8-)
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Just put on the show here at the office...WOW! The sound quality is really great...I love this show and best sounding boot in years!!! Thanks so much Pearl Jam/10C/Everybody!!!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    its not the type of file (MP3, flac), its how loud you play it
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    sparky_fry wrote:
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Small town is the shit on the boot!!!!!anazing!!!!!

so happy one of the best shows i ever saw has this amazing bootleg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    sparky_fry wrote:

I usually go for FLAC, but this mp3 sounds great to me...can't imagine it sounding better actually :geek:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Better Dan wrote:
    sparky_fry wrote:

I usually go for FLAC, but this mp3 sounds great to me...can't imagine it sounding better actually :geek:

Bump
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    anywhere to get the artwork for this? I like to have nice covers for all my boot CD's.

am i asking too much? ........... :D
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    Sounds awesome!!!

Please redo the Hartford '08 show to sound this good!!!
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Elzar wrote:
    anywhere to get the artwork for this? I like to have nice covers for all my boot CD's.

wait 'til its released here.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    where the fuck are all the "10c does nothing for us" crowd? eh? yeah?! free bootleg?

Ten Club owns Google now? Even if 10C was behind this, why would they have it locked to only USA?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Better Dan wrote:
    sparky_fry wrote:

depends on what speakers you use...

pj radio sounds fine on my computer speakers....but put it on my car stereo...and it sounds like crap.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    gibbits wrote:
    where the fuck are all the "10c does nothing for us" crowd? eh? yeah?! free bootleg?

Ten Club owns Google now? Even if 10C was behind this, why would they have it locked to only USA?

I used to work in the legal dept at Amazon for the MP3 store. This limitation to USA is a Google/record label requirement, not 10C. It may be that 10C doesn't care if it goes outside the US, but Google made the decision to make all MP3's US only due to the fact that is what is required for the major labels and they don't want to go to the trouble of making exceptions where exceptions can be made. It's a more efficient workflow for them to just make it all US only. Amazon MP3 is the same way.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    Elzar wrote:

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=176160#p4061378
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    Elzar wrote:

I like it, but don't like the word "exclusive" written on the cover.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Elzar wrote:

Photoshop... ;)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    demetrios wrote:

Photoshop... ;)

Ah! I'll let the professionals try that out. I have a hard time trying to edit a picture on one of those fisher price magna doodle thing of a jiggy's. Photoshop would be 10x more difficult. :oops: :P
  • Options
    IndyDaveIndyDave Posts: 252
    benjs wrote:
    djklambake wrote:
    direwolf74 wrote:
    Just curious, as there have been many debates regarding mp3 bitrates. How many people here can actually tell the difference between 320 and 256 kbps? Because honestly, I can't tell the difference whatsoever, and I've got a pretty good home stereo system. Granted my hearing is probably damaged from the hundreds of concerts I've been to over the years, so that may have something to do with it. But really, I've never been able to hear the difference. The higher quality mp3 bitrates of 320 or 256 sounds virtually identical to the actual CD in my opinion. Anybody else care to weigh in?

I've been to too many concerts and I suffer from tinnitus and hearing loss... I can't tell any difference between 320 and a CD. Just crank it!
    Yep, me too! I wear ear plugs to shows now, the ringing gets super intense otherwise :(
    I feel sorry for those that can't tell the difference between FLAC and MP3's, but all ears are not created equal. Some people can hear higher frequencies than others. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. There is a brightness, depth and clarity to lossless that you miss when you compress music to a lossy format.
    What you use for playback is going to have an impact. If you don't have the equipment to support it, then you won't notice the difference.

We know that Kufala is making CD's of the Canadian tour right now. I am not concerned that we are only going to get MP3's of the Canadian tour -that is definitely not the case. What concerns me is that the "crown jewel" of the tour - the 9/11/11 show has been sold to Android Marketplace/Google instead of to the fans. The fact that MP3's of the highest quality are being given away for free likely means that they will not sell this show in other formats. No one is going to buy it in MP3, that's for sure. For those of you who are satisfied with what you got - power to you! However, for those of us who want this on CD or in FLAC, the odds are probably not good. Some have said this release is a "time exclusive" God, I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

Indy 2010, Indy 2003, Champaign 2003, Cincy 2000, Indy 2000
    Indy 1998, West Lafayette 1994, Chicago-Lollapalooza 1992
    Cincy-Lollapalooza 1992
    ======================================

I pledge my grievance to the flag.
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    i definitely think that they'll be released here on flac & cd. it was super cool of them to not keep us waiting longer & to give it away for free!!! aside from alpine, this was the main show i wanted & i can't say it enough- it's free!!! i'm super stoked to see what's gonna happen with alpine now,though. i bet they go all out & have something huge for the christmas season...we probably won't get a single until march, but hey, what can you do? jam on toronto1-that's what!!
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I don't see why they would NOT sell this show on CD, in addition to this google promo thing. The google thing could be temporary for all you know, like Ole' was free here and then free on itunes, and then I thought someone posted that it's still on itunes but you have to buy it like any other itunes track. I can't imagine them putting out a whole series of 2011 boots/CA tour boots but leaving this one out because it was available to US residents on google. It'll be included... there will be a CD. :)

I downloaded and copied all the files to my computer but can't listen now at work... psyched to see if the sound is as good as some say, the 2003 boots were the best as far as sound quality. A return to that would be great and make me wanna buy more again!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    so they make you submit your credit card information even though its free? hmm.
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    so they make you submit your credit card information even though its free? hmm.

That's how they getcha!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    i was hoping this would be the start of the ten club finally releasing the Canadian bootlegs...

but patient I will be.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,344
    Sounds nice. Thank you to the mega uploader. Enjoy. Have a good day.
  • Options
    abhijeetabhijeet Posts: 303
    IndyDave wrote:
    We know that Kufala is making CD's of the Canadian tour right now. I am not concerned that we are only going to get MP3's of the Canadian tour -that is definitely not the case. What concerns me is that the "crown jewel" of the tour - the 9/11/11 show has been sold to Android Marketplace/Google instead of to the fans. The fact that MP3's of the highest quality are being given away for free likely means that they will not sell this show in other formats. No one is going to buy it in MP3, that's for sure. For those of you who are satisfied with what you got - power to you! However, for those of us who want this on CD or in FLAC, the odds are probably not good. Some have said this release is a "time exclusive" God, I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

The crown jewel that they haven't released so far is Alpine Valley!

Considering that the Toronto boot is done, the AV boot must have been done weeks ago... arghhhh :cry:
    Seattle 2009-09-21
    Alpine Valley 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04