Options

Toronto 9/11/11 show free on Google Music...2011 bootleg!!!

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    81 wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    81 wrote:

Smart ass :lol::lol:

What I mean is how did OP find out? Facebook announcement?

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=176153

Ah, makes sense now. And now I can finally go to bed having settled that. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    IndyDaveIndyDave Posts: 252
    Okay, so we finally get a bootleg. It's the show most of us wanted and were ready to buy in a heartbeat, and they end up releasing it as an MP3? Seriously. I mean, really? WTF?
    It's cool that's it's free and in 320 rather than 256, however personally I have no interest in MP3's at all. I search far and wide to find stuff in perfect lossless quality all the time. I have a great stereo system and want to take full advantage of it. Why have Brett go to the trouble of mixing and then go and release it in lossy quality?
    Please tell me this is just a preview and we are getting this AND all the other shows in FLAC and on CD.
    I hate to sound like a whiner and complainer - especially on something that's free, but I've bought every show they've sold in FLAC or on CD and this I just find VERY disappointing - especially after waiting 2 1/2 months for it.
    This is just one more questionable decision out of many that the band and/or Ten Club have made lately. What kind of deal did they make with "Android Marketplace" for this, I wonder? This is meant to try to drive traffic to that site and I can guarantee you the band is being compensated for it.
    I hope I'm wrong and this is released in other formats, but somehow I kind of doubt it. The word "exclusive" probably tells the whole story here.

Indy 2010, Indy 2003, Champaign 2003, Cincy 2000, Indy 2000
    Indy 1998, West Lafayette 1994, Chicago-Lollapalooza 1992
    Cincy-Lollapalooza 1992
    ======================================

I pledge my grievance to the flag.
  • Options
    I created this link just now from this download:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1XUOU3UR

Mucho thanks, listening now, great sound!
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    IndyDave wrote:
    Okay, so we finally get a bootleg. It's the show most of us wanted and were ready to buy in a heartbeat, and they end up releasing it as an MP3? Seriously. I mean, really? WTF?
    It's cool that's it's free and in 320 rather than 256, however personally I have no interest in MP3's at all. I search far and wide to find stuff in perfect lossless quality all the time. I have a great stereo system and want to take full advantage of it. Why have Brett go to the trouble of mixing and then go and release it in lossy quality?
    Please tell me this is just a preview and we are getting this AND all the other shows in FLAC and on CD.
    I hate to sound like a whiner and complainer - especially on something that's free, but I've bought every show they've sold in FLAC or on CD and this I just find VERY disappointing - especially after waiting 2 1/2 months for it.
    This is just one more questionable decision out of many that the band and/or Ten Club have made lately. What kind of deal did they make with "Android Marketplace" for this, I wonder? This is meant to try to drive traffic to that site and I can guarantee you the band is being compensated for it.
    I hope I'm wrong and this is released in other formats, but somehow I kind of doubt it. The word "exclusive" probably tells the whole story here.
    Exclusive means you can't get it anywhere else... YET (its a time exclusive)
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    IndyDave wrote:

Ok, take a deep breath. I'm fairly certain this show will be in the goods section, where it says 2011 CA Bootlegs. Why this was part of this google thing who knows. Just enjoy this tonight and hopefully we will get it in the forms we always do.

If we don't, then we'll all freak out then :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dumperdumper Posts: 39
    edited November 2011
    Dear Pearl Jam,
    I am so disgusted that I cannot download the 11.11.11. gig from Google music. I am Canadian.But it is not available in Canada.WTF? I was at the show. WTF? I love your music/band/eddie. Seriously. WTF?
    Post edited by dumper on
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    dumper wrote:
    Dear Pearl Jam,
    I am so disgusted that I cannot download the 11.11.11. gig from Google music. I am Canadian.Not in Canada.WTF? I was at the show. WTF? I love your music/band/eddie. Seriously. WTF?

PearlJamPatriot wrote:
    I created this link just now from this download:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1XUOU3UR
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    Save WhoSave Who Posts: 294
    Just listened to porch... What a jam!
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    IndyDave wrote:

Whoa there, Action Jackson!

C'mon, tiger... deeeeeep breaths...Atta boy...

Callllming....dowwwwwwwwnnnnnn...
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    IndyDave wrote:

Well you might hate to sound like a whiner and complainer but that's exactly what you are. I would wager a guess that it's a preview...and it think it was a great preview. Best the boots have sounded in years. I'm sure there will be FLACs sold when the rest of the year's shows are released. Wouldn't bank on Canadian tour CDs though. Maybe Alpine CDs....
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    :D Listening right now-WOW!! This sounds absolutely FANTASTIC!! :clap::clap::clap: :-D :-D :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    IndyDave wrote:
    It's cool that's it's free and in 320 rather than 256, however personally I have no interest in MP3's at all.

Just curious, as there have been many debates regarding mp3 bitrates. How many people here can actually tell the difference between 320 and 256 kbps? Because honestly, I can't tell the difference whatsoever, and I've got a pretty good home stereo system. Granted my hearing is probably damaged from the hundreds of concerts I've been to over the years, so that may have something to do with it. But really, I've never been able to hear the difference. The higher quality mp3 bitrates of 320 or 256 sounds virtually identical to the actual CD in my opinion. Anybody else care to weigh in?
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    direwolf74 wrote:
    IndyDave wrote:
    It's cool that's it's free and in 320 rather than 256, however personally I have no interest in MP3's at all.

Just curious, as there have been many debates regarding mp3 bitrates. How many people here can actually tell the difference between 320 and 256 kbps? Because honestly, I can't tell the difference whatsoever, and I've got a pretty good home stereo system. Granted my hearing is probably damaged from the hundreds of concerts I've been to over the years, so that may have something to do with it. But really, I've never been able to hear the difference. The higher quality mp3 bitrates of 320 or 256 sounds virtually identical to the actual CD in my opinion. Anybody else care to weigh in?

I've been to too many concerts and I suffer from tinnitus and hearing loss... I can't tell any difference between 320 and a CD. Just crank it!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    djklambake wrote:

I've been to too many concerts and I suffer from tinnitus and hearing loss... I can't tell any difference between 320 and a CD. Just crank it!

Amen, brother!
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    Just finished listening to the boot. What a beautiful show, there are just so many highlights. The band was so tight that night. What a great memory this band gives us by releasing these bootlegs. I am not bootleg or sound expert, but I have a TON of bootlegs and this one really does sound wonderful. I don't need to speak about the NAIS, or the Chloe Dancer/Crown or 12 Minute Version of RITFW with UN because it's all as great as I remember, but you know what stuck on the bootleg to me. Off He Goes, sounds even better then I remember.

Thanks to whoever it is responsible for making the bootlegs happen!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    IndyDave wrote:

GoEnglish_com_DontLookAGiftHorseInTheMouth.gif
  • Options
    theJawastheJawas Posts: 395
    This made my night!!!! My wallet and I thank you, PJ!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    djklambake wrote:
    direwolf74 wrote:
    IndyDave wrote:

Yep, me too! I wear ear plugs to shows now, the ringing gets super intense otherwise :(
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Listening now - AWESOME!

(I still can't get used to some of the de-tunings though...DTE sounds too weird to me :think: )
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
    Different band for a different thread, but DMB got in the act as well - 1994 Irving Plaza show, for free. Sorry if this was already posted. Didn't have time to read through the pages of replies.

https://market.android.com/details?id=album-Bvfuv3lpxeek47eounr5u4h3arq&feature=new-albums#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDYwNSwiYWxidW0tQnZmdXYzbHB4ZWVrNDdlb3VucjV1NGgzYXJxIl0.
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,269
    Thanks for the Mega link and thanks to the OP.

This is a GREAT sounding boot. :D
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Listening now - AWESOME!

(I still can't get used to some of the de-tunings though...DTE sounds too weird to me :think: )

OH NOOOOOO... they half-step DTE now too??! WTF. Enough with the smoking already... soon every song is gonna be tuned down to C#... the guitar strings are gonna be so loose they'll pop the front row in the eye...

Thanks for posting this boot, going to download it tomorrow.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Kurto26 wrote:
    This made my night!!!! My wallet and I thank you, PJ!

i second that! what a surprise to check the forums & find this...it was the show i was waiting on just for chloe dancer-but what a setlist! i'm getting ready to go to bed, so i'll listen tomorrow..thanks pj & google!!!!
    it was a little confusing finding the download button at first & the track by track was a little eh, but like the last track says: rockin in the FREE world :mrgreen:
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    cheers downloading now, will listening later
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    amiramir Posts: 131
    Thanks for the MU link!
    4/9/06 Lisbon
    5/9/06 Lisbon
    7/9/06 Madrid
    30/06/10 Berlin
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Check it out...amazin! Listening to the Toronto show now..

https://market.android.com/details?id=a ... ased_share

Maybe Pearl Jam will distribute boots exclusively through Google now

Google's answer to Itunes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15766706
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    One thing: now i understand that it takes so long to release the boots! The sound and mixing quality is awesome, imo the best boots since 2003!
    Can't wait for all the other boots!!!! :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    Suziemay wrote:
    IndyDave wrote:

Ok, take a deep breath. I'm fairly certain this show will be in the goods section, where it says 2011 CA Bootlegs. Why this was part of this google thing who knows. Just enjoy this tonight and hopefully we will get it in the forms we always do.

If we don't, then we'll all freak out then :mrgreen:

Exactly!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    boyo79 wrote:
    Check it out...amazin! Listening to the Toronto show now..

https://market.android.com/details?id=a ... ased_share

Maybe Pearl Jam will distribute boots exclusively through Google now

Google's answer to Itunes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15766706

they just need to figure out how to let you download free stuff without the need of a CC. and the next advancement that we need is 100G storage cards..or do those already exisit.

we also need 50 threads praising 10c since we typically get that money when shit doesn't go our way.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    MSnider44 wrote:
    Different band for a different thread, but DMB got in the act as well - 1994 Irving Plaza show, for free. Sorry if this was already posted. Didn't have time to read through the pages of replies.

https://market.android.com/details?id=album-Bvfuv3lpxeek47eounr5u4h3arq&feature=new-albums#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDYwNSwiYWxidW0tQnZmdXYzbHB4ZWVrNDdlb3VucjV1NGgzYXJxIl0.

who wants to megaupload this one as well?

thanks!! :D