Options

The Boots sound like sheet......

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    D/l' ed DC boot. Pretty accurate on how it sounded live. More bass volume on this tour than the last. A good thing IMO. Guitars sound weak on the boot but the did at the show as well. Great Show. Drove 11 hours to see it.
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    Wease wrote:
    Wow. Am I the only person that can hear almost nothing of Jeff from the Euro Boots and very little more from the US ones from this tour? I mean no bass at all. I was actually very pleased that I could finally hear what the bass was doing on the 03 Boots.

The US leg sounds fine. It's the European leg that is lacking in bass. Turning up the bass EQ does increase Jeff substantially. I actually did this with a few of my favorites. The problem is not with the mixing, but with the (lack of) mastering. They went for an "as-is" approach with the European leg.
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Just dl'd the Tampa boot, and I just thought people here were being picky, but WOW, this really does sound like shit. I mean, Ed's guitar is louder than Mike's... Who did this???

I hope future ones sound better. People have been saying D.C sounds good?
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    are the guitars on the 08s even separate like they used to be (Mike: left, Stone: right)? maybe im just hearing things, but it doesn't sound as separate as it used to be.

in any case, all this feedback can only be helpful to them to set up bootlegs for the next, and bigger tour.

ps. the verizon mini clips were deceivingly good sounding
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    are the guitars on the 08s even separate like they used to be (Mike: left, Stone: right)? maybe im just hearing things, but it doesn't sound as separate as it used to be.

No it's all mushed together. Maybe the intention was to have some reverb from Stone to be on Mike's channel and vice-versa. they went overboard with it if that's the case. there's more than enough guitars up there already to have everyone's sound flying all over the place.

So far I only have the mp3 of Washington. sounds like a DAT. remember them?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
    I got Columbia so far and I think it sounds good. Not perfect, but one hell of a lot better than the shitty bootlegs I used to buy for twice the price back in the day when PJ didn't put out their own boots!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    I downloaded some advance mp3's and CHRIST are they loud! The loudest boots ever. Some people think it's a good thing, but I don't. I actually had to turn down the volume to prevent distortion, and that doesn't happen very often. Whoever mastered these is a loudness freak.
  • Options
    I hoping they fix WPB and Tampa mixes.

They fixed the problems with Toronto 2006 FLACs and Columbia this year.

I second this! I love the Tampa boot, the drums and bass sound great, but I really want to hear Mike too! I'm no sound engineer, but there must be a way that they can turn him up in the mix.
    West Palm Beach '98, '00, '03
    Tampa '00, '03, '08
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    ive got tampa wpb and columbia boots on my ipod and i think the sound is superb!
    cant wait to get them all!
    all the boots sound different, if you play a song you can tell instantly what tour it is from, i guess you just have to get use to this new sounding boot... maybe that sounds silly but i know what i mean lol
    um yeah i think i know what you mean.. (:confused: )

but i'm with you, different mixes make me appreciate songs in a whole new light when you hear different parts pushed forward & some faded.

so what if you end up with a hundred different versions of better man, the fact that each recording is unique in some way is pretty cool :)

i'm just happy we got official cd boots again!
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,753
    I think MSG 1 sounds a lot better than DC
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com