Options

The Boots sound like sheet......

Comments

• Options
    I actually bet that it was the fact that his guitars were not sounding in tune to him for the first quarter of the show. He was probably having unsure thoughts about his own sound and maybe that was throwing him off?

On the other hand, he did mention being hung-over....

He was having some guitar issues, but I also think there's just an overall looser vibe on this tour. Eddie appeared to be having lots of fun up there through the entire performance.
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    Virginia Beach sounds great so far, i have no complaints! Low Light is pretty :)
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    give 'porch' a re-listen from Tampa.
    i've never heard jeff turned up so loud, as well as stone and matt. mike is M.I.A., especially during his solo portion!!!
    i'm unsure how this could happen, given the fact that the 03 boots were ready to go within a couple days at most (and sounded 90% better), and it took more than a week and a half to get these new shows out.
    not complaining, because its better than nothing. just baffled i guess??
  • Options
    dupe.
  • Options
    I would say Columbia sounds pretty good, but a bit different than past years. Im no audio wizard, but I would say the lead guitars sound like they need to be turned up a tad in spots. But by far the biggest thing about Columbia is the crowd can't be heard. Part of what made that show so special is how loud the crowd was in that small arena. More crowd noise gives a boot more ambiance.

For those that haven't heard a new boot yet, they might sound closer to the boots from Japan in '03. In Columbia, there was a lot.
  • Options
    The mix is way better on Camden when compared to WPB. All I hear on WPB is Matt and Jeff.

Any chance of a remix on the first 2 shows ?
  • Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    I listened to a lot of the Va Beach on my ipod today and i'm not impressed... I can barely hear Ed on Jeremy. Not at all what i was hoping for...

I'm just curious why they just can't do a soundboard recording...
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,764
    carbon436 wrote:
    I listened to a lot of the Va Beach on my ipod today and i'm not impressed... I can barely hear Ed on Jeremy. Not at all what i was hoping for...

I'm just curious why they just can't do a soundboard recording...

Well what the hell type of recording are they doing anyway? I haven't heard anything yet and won't until Washington becomes available so I'm kinda in the dark here.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,901
    Well what the hell type of recording are they doing anyway? I haven't heard anything yet and won't until Washington becomes available so I'm kinda in the dark here.

Likewise. I am hoping that people are overreacting, but not hearing Mike does not sound like a good thing.
  • Options
    Likewise. I am hoping that people are overreacting, but not hearing Mike does not sound like a good thing.

Well I remember Mike being especially good at the Washington and MSG 1 shows. Washington in particular, which I bought mp3s of. that'd be a bummer if he ends up drowning in the mix behind BOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

whose in charge of this stuff anyway now that Brett Eliason is gone?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Well I remember Mike being especially good at the Washington and MSG 1 shows. Washington in particular, which I bought mp3s of. that'd be a bummer if he ends up drowning in the mix behind BOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

whose in charge of this stuff anyway now that Brett Eliason is gone?

Not sure, nor am I sure why Brett Eliason is gone in the first place.
  • Options
    Brett is gone? That's news to me. I could have sworn that I read that he was doing these.
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    Brett is gone? That's news to me. I could have sworn that I read that he was doing these.

someone mentioned in another thread (or maybe this one) that he's gone. there wasn't any mention of him on pearljam.com when they announced the boots either. usually it would say something like "Brett Eliason who has worked with Pearl Jam on the bootleg program since 2000 returns" or something like that. what other explanation could there be for everyone's complaints? I hope the MSG boots sound good.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    someone mentioned in another thread (or maybe this one) that he's gone.

I dunno. I thought I read somewhere that he was doing these, and using a new recording truck provided by Verizon. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought.

And besides, I thought the 2006 boots were pretty crappy...especially because Mike wasn't loud enough half the time. The complaints I'm hearing this time around aren't any different.
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    I dunno. I thought I read somewhere that he was doing these, and using a new recording truck provided by Verizon. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought.

And besides, I thought the 2006 boots were pretty crappy...especially because Mike wasn't loud enough half the time. The complaints I'm hearing this time around aren't any different.

I am not much of an audiofile admittedly, but I thought that the 2006 boots were decent, perhaps a step below 2003. If these are much the same, I can handle that. People's comments are making it sound like Boom is playing solo on Down, though.
    :)
  • Options
    the American half of the 2000 tour still remains the gold standard in live Pearl Jam recording/mixing/releasing/pleasing

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    the American half of the 2000 tour still remains the gold standard in live Pearl Jam recording/mixing/releasing/pleasing

Agreed.
  • Options

Damn right!
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924

Gold but not Platinum or Diamond. From an audiophile perspective, they suck. Compared to crowd tapes, they range in the A- to A+ range. 2003 was much better, especially between West Palm and Champaign, up the Eastern seaboard. Sometimes I wonder if 2000 was just professionally crowd miked with nothing at all from the soundboard. Last Exit in Tampa 2000 was from the soundboard and it sounded great. I'm waiting for my 2008 CD's. Hope they sound OK.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    Really, they're fine. WPB sounds a little rough, but overall they're fine.

I had Columbia pumping out of my iPod, and it was great!! All Night sounds fucking sweet.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Really, they're fine. WPB sounds a little rough, but overall they're fine.

I had Columbia pumping out of my iPod, and it was great!! All Night sounds fucking sweet.

That's a sign of releif. I can't wait until the CD's start rolling in. What do they sound like? more like 06 stuff? Or more like 03?
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    That's a sign of releif. I can't wait until the CD's start rolling in. What do they sound like? more like 06 stuff? Or more like 03?

To me, 2006. But, everyone is different. The only thing that bothered me, although only slightly about Tampa is the echo. Oh, and the piano on Down isn't THAT bad, yeah, it's noticeable, but it's not that bad.

Bottom line is this: Unless you're REALLY fussy about guitar/drum/vocal sound, the boots are fine.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    heyjoseheyjose Melbourne, Australia Posts: 503
    To me, 2006. But, everyone is different. The only thing that bothered me, although only slightly about Tampa is the echo. Oh, and the piano on Down isn't THAT bad, yeah, it's noticeable, but it's not that bad.

Bottom line is this: Unless you're REALLY fussy about guitar/drum/vocal sound, the boots are fine.

I disagree Chris, I reckon the majority of the 2006 boots are superior to Tampa. The low guitar sound really kills me. I wouldn't advise buying it unless you went to the show or "have" to have it.

By the way, ace job on uploading those epic shows!! Thanks mate.
    1995: Melbourne 1
    1998: Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2003: Sydney 1, 2, 3, Melbourne 1, 2, 3
    2006: Sydney 1, 2, Melbourne 1, 2, 3, Sydney 3, Newcastle, Adelaide 1, 2, Perth
    2009: LA 1, 2, Melbourne, Sydney
    2014: Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney

• Options
    I have only the WestPalm boot.

And oh yes, Mike's guitar sound is terribly low, almost inexistent !!!
    For example, on Dissident, you can't even hear the main guitar riff of the song.

That's shitty...

I hope they will remix them all.
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    First few boots, I thought Mike left the band and Stone was the only one jammin. HORRIBLE:(

SLIGHTLY better with Columbia, but these boots are not mixed well at all!!!!
  • Options
    Fuck, I hope the CD versions are remixed then. I doubt it though. I don't even know if these shows were multi-tracked. They may be stuck the way they are.
  • Options
    Sad thing is..... The audience recordings I've heard are mixed better than these official boots!!!!!! uhhhhhhhhhhh?????..............
  • Options
    Maybe they deliberately made the MP3's and FLAC's shitty. One can only hope. Maybe if enough people complain about the sound, they'll remix if it's possible.
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    Maybe they deliberately made the MP3's and FLAC's shitty. One can only hope. Maybe if enough people complain about the sound, they'll remix if it's possible.

I doubt it. I think somebody just doesn't know how to mix well. Glad I have the boots, but just my opinion here, but sounds like some amateur mixed these. Disappointed:(
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    Damn right!

Seattle 2000 is severely lacking Ed's vocals, from what I recall.