Comments

• Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8cAjM0V ... re=related

need a little baritone echoing this :D

it's all ok and good ... whatever
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    The day PJ makes a gospel album is the day I reassess being a hardcore fan.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    a lot of great Motown songs with awesome loving messages

I know Eddie likes Motown ... that would be great too, I would love to hear that :D
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'm hoping for a rap album, hotlanta style.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    81 wrote:

Grunk?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    :lol: I just pictured that :D

rap is helping to keep our biz going these days and the new movie filming here
    in hotlanta too ... big time work coming in

great economy builders

cheers to the rappers and successful business endeavors! :D
  • Options
    fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    81 wrote:

actually i've always wanted pearl jam to experiment with a sort of hip hop sound. not that hotlanta style lol but songs driven by bass and amazing percussion. radiohead and portishead are the only bands that i know of that pull it off with ease. i think pearl jam has the ability, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQiNBAKvPiU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XeZi08j6Fg

that bass is just pure sexy time
  • Options

Actually in argumentive writing/essays you're not suppose to state that things are your opinion because it is already implied. The reader is suppose to always assume that all statements are the author's opinion.

Well that's all well and good, except for the fact that no one here is writing an essay, AND if you want to use that logic, then the other rules of essay writing should be taken into account. Such as correct spelling, correct use of grammar, and acknowledging other's input, ideas and statements with the correct form of referencing, including a reference list and a bibliography at the end. That being said, each 'essay' written on here should also then have an introduction to state their theory or intention, a concise and well researched argument to form the bulk of the essay, then a conclusion that clearly sums up the arguments made without introducing any new information.
    Oh, and smiley aren't allowed in essays either. ;)

And for the record, I am awesome at writing essays so if you want posts written like that, then I will be able to deliver. :)

I didn't see any mention of what you just said as only being in your opinion ;)
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options

Actually in argumentive writing/essays you're not suppose to state that things are your opinion because it is already implied. The reader is suppose to always assume that all statements are the author's opinion.

Well that's all well and good, except for the fact that no one here is writing an essay, AND if you want to use that logic, then the other rules of essay writing should be taken into account. Such as correct spelling, correct use of grammar, and acknowledging other's input, ideas and statements with the correct form of referencing, including a reference list and a bibliography at the end. That being said, each 'essay' written on here should also then have an introduction to state their theory or intention, a concise and well researched argument to form the bulk of the essay, then a conclusion that clearly sums up the arguments made without introducing any new information.
    Oh, and smiley aren't allowed in essays either. ;)

And for the record, I am awesome at writing essays so if you want posts written like that, then I will be able to deliver. :)

I didn't see any mention of what you just said as only being in your opinion ;)

Well, it's not really my opinion on essays - it's a standard accepted format for pretty much any tertiary institution. BUT, let me rephrase some of it for you, hehehe. IN MY OPINION, I am awesome at writing essays, and it's my opinion that smileys aren't allowed in essays. ;) HAHAHA. :) It's all good.
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    cat-wtf.jpg

This thread is a riot.
    :lol:
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    God bless PearlJam
    i dont ? our Xtence, I just ? our modern needs
  • Options
    TheSeeker wrote:
    God bless PearlJam

nice! :D
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    I would blow my fucking brains out.
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    october22 wrote:
    I would blow my fucking brains out.

october22 if you would "blow your brains out" over PJ doing a gospel album then you have bigger worries
    than than PJ's song recording choices.

get some help.

Oh and incidentally...in the opening of the Water on the Road DVD

Eddie: " This is a uh...This is uh...not just an experiment but a uh bit of a..a prayer"
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Eddie: " This is a uh...This is uh...not just an experiment but a uh bit of a..a prayer"

Could be to Mother Earth.
  • Options
    agreed...so that would be ok a gospel album to mother earth? i think the people here would have issue with that as well...
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
  • Options
    agreed...so that would be ok a gospel album to mother earth? i think the people here would have issue with that as well...
    Probably, just because that doesn't make any sense. Gospel's main premise is not focused around mother earth. It's focused on Jesus. Even so, there's a difference between spirituality and organized religion. While Eddie may be spiritual (who knows), I'm 99.99% sure he's not religious at all. Therefor, Pearl Jam doing an entire album dedicated to Gospel would be completely out of character.
  • Options
    nutbarznutbarz Posts: 227
    If Kiss can Do Disco.... Why not
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    a gospel album????? With no ill will or offense intended on the person with the idea, but i think this is about as cheesy as the request to cover "we are family" but with the words "we are jamily." :lol:
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    what many of the religious don't, and never will, understand is that not everyone cares to share their beliefs. for them, what they believe is right and if you don't believe they become offended. look at how uptight certain individuals on here became when people call the idea bad..."WELL YOU'RE CLOSED MINDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". maybe pearl jam, being logical, understands that there are countless religions in the world and making one "christian" album might alienate, for example, their muslim fan base. the same thing goes for the people who are non religious. if they made a pearl jam album i wouldn't support it or the bands tour. "WELL PRAISE JESUS THERE WILL BE MORE SEATS FOR US!!!!!!!!!!". if you want to listen to songs about god, attend church or buy a gospel album. please leave my favourite band out of it.
  • Options
    what many of the religious don't, and never will, understand is that not everyone cares to share their beliefs. for them, what they believe is right and if you don't believe they become offended. look at how uptight certain individuals on here became when people call the idea bad..."WELL YOU'RE CLOSED MINDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". maybe pearl jam, being logical, understands that there are countless religions in the world and making one "christian" album might alienate, for example, their muslim fan base. the same thing goes for the people who are non religious. if they made a pearl jam album i wouldn't support it or the bands tour. "WELL PRAISE JESUS THERE WILL BE MORE SEATS FOR US!!!!!!!!!!". if you want to listen to songs about god, attend church or buy a gospel album. please leave my favourite band out of it.
    Yeah, and saying it's never gonna happen isn't being closed minded. It's being realistic. Pearl Jam is not a religious band and never has been.
  • Options
    abhijeetabhijeet Posts: 303
    Why doesn't Pearl do a dance pop/thrash metal/hard core/hip hop album?
    Frankly, any of those is preferable to gospel.

No apologies to all the religious people on this group, you're free to do your own thing, don't expect me to do more than tolerate it.
    Seattle 2009-09-21
    Alpine Valley 2011-09-03, 2011-09-04
  • Options
    abhijeet wrote:

No apologies to all the religious people on this group, you're free to do your own thing, don't expect me to do more than tolerate it.

But why not go the extra step from tolerance to acceptance?

If you really feel that they're free to do their own thing, why not just let them do their own thing without the feeling that it's something you have to tolerate or put up with?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    abhijeet wrote:

If you really feel that they're free to do their own thing, why not just let them do their own thing without the feeling that it's something you have to tolerate or put up with?

My life has been intruded on too many times by religious people (granted that they are a small minority) and their beliefs for me to go beyond tolerance at this point.
    Seattle 2009-09-21
  • Options
    abhijeet wrote:
    abhijeet wrote:

My life has been intruded on too many times by religious people (granted that they are a small minority) and their beliefs for me to go beyond tolerance at this point.
    Ahhh, we're off topic! Tolerate what, brutha? Who cares who's religious and who's not on this board. The argument was whether or not it'd be a cool idea for Pearl Jam to do a gospel album. I don't think so, but only because it'd be out of character--especially when looking at some of their lyrics--and I would feel I'd misinterpreted them or whatever. But uh...more power to 'em...if Eddie ever feels called by God's word. :lol:
  • Options
    Yeah, and saying it's never gonna happen isn't being closed minded. It's being realistic. Pearl Jam is not a religious band and never has been.

I'm not religious in the slightest. I have stated this already on here. I am just open minded to the idea that gospel music (along with many other genres of music), sounds good to me, and I think it would be interesting. AS I HAVE ALREADY SAID, this is not about religion. And I already said also, your realistic idea that it's never going to happen is your opinion. Your opinion is what is closed minded - stating that it's a ridiculous idea without giving any merit to it simply because it's religious IS closed minded. It's the absolute epitome of being closed minded. It's not about whether they would do it or not, it's about being able to accept the idea in the first place that I was referring to. If you can show me where I said that I was religious and this was about wanting to hear Pearl Jam sing about God, then show me. But you'll have a hard time finding that quote because it doesn't exist.
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199

Ummm.... can you please tell me where I said I was religious? Or that I believed in Christ?

Also, I stated that I don't think they would do it, but for people to have this major anger against the idea of a gospel album is close minded. You can not like the idea, you can think the idea is dumb, but to be angry at the suggestion of the idea is what makes you close minded.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/close-minded
    close-mind·ed (klsmndd, klz-) or closed-mind·ed (klzd-)
    adj.

Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.

And do I even need to mention that without gospel music there probably isn't blues, and without blues there isn't Hendrix, isn't Stevie Ray Vaughan, and subsequently no Mike McCready to be the lead guitarist of Pearl Jam.
  • Options

And just for the record, because people seem to have a hard time understanding things on here. The reason I said you were closed minded for saying it's ridiculous is because you don't know the band personally. I assume you've never met them, and if you have, you certainly haven't sat down and had an indepth conversation with them about their personal religious beliefs. You are basing your OPINION that it's a ridiculous idea on the information you have read and learned about this band through their music. Fair enough. But you cannot be so presumptuous as to think that you know what they believe about God and religion to such a point that you can state categorically that it's a ridiculous idea. A silly idea in your opinion? Fine, but you cannot know that it's ridiculous to them, which is what you were presuming. That's why I said it's narrow and closed minded. Because you are refusing to accept the notion that there might be something of merit in something you don't believe in. And I'll say again, that is the epitome of closed mindedness.
  • Options
    Because you are refusing to accept the notion that there might be something of merit in something you don't believe in. And I'll say again, that is the epitome of closed mindedness.

DO you accept that fact that many people believe that religious ideas are mass delusion? If not, you're close minded by your own definition.
    Seattle 2009-09-21