Options

*** Columbia, SC Fanviews Here 6/16/2008 ***

Comments

• Options
    redvedderredvedder Posts: 56
    Wow. Ok. I don't even know where to begin. This band never ceases to amaze me. Wow. Alright, I'm on a complete Pearl Jam concert high. Holy shit. Thank you Pearl Jam, thank you.

First off (well, second off cause I already thanked PJ), thank you Dr. J. He's a poster here who was able to hook me up with a 10 club ticket. I am a 10club member, but was not sure if I was going to be in Columbia (thank God I am!) this summer, so I couldn't do the presale. We had seats in section 105, second row (awesome seats on Mike's side, right next to the row 18 on the floor). This was my 5th show, but first time in 10club seating, and it was a blast. I met some awesome people who were loving the show just as much as me.

So I hung out around the Colonial Center before the doors open, and was able to get in early and snag a wristband for a poster (which is BADASS, easily the best one of the tour yet). I also "crotched" my camera to get it past security. Booyah.

So after buying an overpriced hotdog I made my way to my seat for Kings of Leon. I've seen KOL before (at Lolla and in Philly 07), but hadn't listen to them in a while, so it was refreshing to hear them rock out. They opened with a new song (Crawl?), which was good. Definitely sounded more like Because of the Times material more than their older stuff. Then came Black Thumbnail, one of my favs, followed by Taper Jean Girl and a bunch of other rockers. They nailed Four Kicks, it was my second favorite of the night, behind SLOW NIGHT SO LONG WITH EDDIE! Before the song the roadies pulled out a second mic stand, and the guy next to me (who rocked, I'm not sure if you post here, but thanks for making the show hella-fun) lost his shit calling out Eddie's name. And Eddie came and beat the shit out of some tambourines. Granted, I saw this spectical at Lollapalooza, but it was still every bit as awesome. The total set time was 45ish minutes. Good stuff for sure.

So, it's about ten till 9 and our boys start walking onto the stage. The stand-up bass is out, and I'm not sure what to expect. I heard All or None soundchecked, so I was thinking maybe that, but it was CAN'T KEEP!!! Riot Act haters may not dig Can't Keep, but I love it. As I was just getting into Pearl Jam 4 years ago, I constantly listened to it on the Benaroya cd, and it was great to hear to start off the show. Then, switching gears, comes a swift kick to the face with Why Go. The whole crowd went apeshit, singing along and rocking out. Loved it. Then came All Night! I pooped myself when I saw it on the Roo setlist, and didn't think we'd get to hear it. But they played it (after a false start haha), and it ruled. Same with Hail Hail, which I've never seen before live. I felt like Harvey Dent after Sad, because my face was melting off. Severed Hand to Small Town were all solid, and Red Mosquito was a great suprise. He introduced it as an old song about being stuck in the hotel room with a bug, and my mind went thought "BUGS?!", but the lights turned red and I was bitten by the devil.

Off He Goes was a great way to cool down from the blistering Mike solo and Matt drum breakdown on Even Flow. Then, after Small Town, came Present Tense. My eyes teared up. The crowd sung along with Ed for the first half, and it was beautiful. Then, the second half was a complete rock out session that almost gave me an aneurysm. Followed by one of my favorite tracks, WHIPPPING!! I think Ed messed up the lyrics, but I'm not sure since I was too busy in a full-fledged, self-moshing, head-bang air-guitar rock out session. Holy crap.

I Got Shit rocked, Army Reserve was pretty, Glorified G ROCKED SO FUCKING HARD AHHHHH, and then Do The Evolution capped off the main set. Columbia crowd, you sang like a fucking chior. I love you all.

First encore started off swimginly with Inside Job and Given to Fly. Then Ed brought out the blue sparkly guitar, which I vividly rememered being played on Education at the Vic and Lolla. So when Ed said this song fits our environment, I knew it was on. I love that riff. Love it love it love it. So the band was about to start Betterman, then Ed went and talked to Mike, Jeff, Matt, Stone, and Boom. Stone put the acoustic away, and Ed said this was a request from up front. The band starts jamming, and then, hauntingly, "He won the lottery......." AHHHHHHH! WMA!!!! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!! Everyone around me was in complete jubilation. The reworked version sounded awesome, ending a call in response that was great. Holy shit. I'm just thinking about it now. AHHHHH!

Betterman, Save You, and a bitchin' Porch closed out the 1st encore. Soon enough, Ed was out with the acoustic, and gave a very moving speech. Sometimes when Ed talks politics, even though I agree with him, I'm just biding time for him to start rockin. But this was very emotional, very powerful stuff. After thanking us for listening (what a polite gentleman), he played No More. Afterwards, the band came out, and considering the long 1st encore I expected Alive and Yellow Ledbetter to close it out. But instead, we got FOOTSTEPS!!! Ed played the harmonica, and it was very moving. I got pretty emotional about this too, just a fantastic performance. Then came Alive, and the whole crowd, fists in air, rocked out. Mike played the beginning of the solo behind his head. So sick. So by the end of this the house lights were on, and the band Ed was saying there goodbyes. They walked off stage, and some people started leaving. The rest of us though perservered on, chanting "ONE MORE, ONE MORE, ONE MORE!" And sure enough, they ran back on-stage, with the house lights on, Jeff carrying the stand-up bass, and played Indifference. It was beautiful. The house lights were on, it wasn't like a concert. It was like a bunch of people in a room watching the band play. No flashing lights, no on-stage antics. Just a stripped-down, organic, amazing version of an amazing song.

I still have goosebumps. This is my only show this tour (as Ed mentioned, gas prices are up there these days), but I couldn't be happier. Everyone going to shows on the rest of the tour, you are in for a treat. The band is playing really tight, prepared to really fuck your mind with the setlists, and best of all, having fun. You would never know these guys are getting up there age-wise. They seem reinvigorated. The energy was off the charts.

Thanks Mike, Matt, Jeff, Stone, Ed, Boom, Dr. J, the front of section 105, and the entire crowd. You made tonight a night I'm not gonna forget.

This gives me goosebumps. Can't wait for Camden 1&2!!!!!
    "Oh dear dad, can you see me now? I am myself, like you somehow."

CAMDEN 8.29.98{}CAMDEN 9.2.00{}SPECTRUM 4.28.03{}CAMDEN 7.5.03{}CAMDEN 7.6.03{}WACHOVIA 10.3.05{}CAMDEN 5.27.06{}CAMDEN 5.28.06{}CAMDEN 6.19.08{}CAMDEN 6.20.08{} MANSFIELD 6.28.08{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.12.09{}SPECTRUM 10.28.09{}SPECTRUM 10.30.09{}SPECTRUM (RIP) 10.31.09{}MSG 5.21.10{}EV @ Tower Theater 6.25.11{}Alpine Valley 9.3.11{}Alpine Valley 9.4.11
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 675
    This was my last show for the tour and it was fantastic! Red Mosquito made my night.
  • Options
    Hubmann2513Hubmann2513 Posts: 237
    Last night was my first time seeing the boys and man was it amazing! The energy in that building was crazy. The band was on fire, the crowd was on fire...the whole atmosphere was just amazing. Having never been in a position like that before, I had no idea how I would react when the music started. Normally, I'm a pretty calm/shy guy, but last night I released every single bit of energy I had.

Ok, so when they first came out, I was thinking that they would play long road,but I was stoked when they started Can't Keep! First time since 03 that they've played a full band version of that. Then when Why go started I went crazy. There is so much energy in that song! It was great! Then, All Night was up. I always liked that song on Lost Dogs, and thought that the live version of the song was amazing! Ed was into it, as was the crowd! From Hail, Hail to Red Mosquito I was jumping around going all out into the rockers, as was the Band! Jeff, Mike, and Eddie were very very into it. Some other personal highlights for out of the man set were Off He Goes, Present Tense, Whipping, I Got Id, Army Reserve, Glorified G, and DTE. I guess I basically named the whole set. haha. I loved Even flow and Elderly woman as well.

The 1st encore was amazing. Inside job is a great way to start an encore. GTF followed that nicely, with the crowd very into it, especially the build before the chorus. I was STOKED when they played Education. It's one of my favorite b-sides of theirs. I was happy that I got to hear it. When they made the setlist change after Education, I was hoping that WMA would be played. and it was! That song was just phenomenal. I can't even describe. The reworked version is great. Better Man was a great sight, as the crowd was singing along loudly, and then went absolutely crazy before the 2nd verse. I thought that Porch or RVM would be next to close out the set, but no, Save You starts. That was unexpected and great! Then the set ended with a fantastic version of Porch, with Eddie doing a little different intro than usual.

The crowd seemed mostly respectful of Eddie when he was talking politics, and really showed Thomas young some respect when he was talked about. I enjoyed No More, and the crowd seemed to catch on towards the end. Footsteps was amazing! When the first chords struck from Stone's guitar I cheered as loud as possible, even before others realized what was being played. That song was awsome. Alive had the whole crowd with their arms raised and singing loudly, as they had all night. Then Eddie thanked everyone for coming and I assumed it was over, as Mike had taken off his strat and had given it to a techy. The background music even came on. But, then out they came again, and Indifference started! The crowd sang as loud as they could with Eddie! It was great. That song was an amazing way to end the night.

So, my first Pearl Jam concert was an incredible experience, and one that i will never forget. With an experience like that, I don't think that any show that I see could top it, unless it's Pearl Jam that does it! Thanks for an amazing experience! It was incredible.

PS- I was on the floor, row 24 seat 11. They were good seats for me!
  • Options
    randymarshrandymarsh Posts: 14
    First show I've seen since Atlanta in 2003, and it was well worth the wait. I was in Section 105, row 3 (MarkerintheSand, were you wearing a Bills cap? If so, you were absolutely rockin' out, good stuff). Seats were great with the only problem being that because the seats in front of us were folding chairs, there wasn't much of a height difference. Because of this, my 5'2" girlfriend could not see the stage at all over a guy about 6'5". She was on the verge of tears all throughout Can't Keep because of this. But thankfully, I asked the pair of guys next to me if they'd like to switch and they quickly agreed. So to whomever was in Section 105 row 3 seats 7 and 8, you do not know how much that was appreciated.

Oh, and I was the one who started the "One more!" chant in that section. Dunno if that's what brought Indifference on, but still, pretty cool. Show was 100 times better than 2003.
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Last night was my first time seeing the boys and man was it amazing! The energy in that building was crazy. The band was on fire, the crowd was on fire...the whole atmosphere was just amazing. Having never been in a position like that before, I had no idea how I would react when the music started. Normally, I'm a pretty calm/shy guy, but last night I released every single bit of energy I had.

Ok, so when they first came out, I was thinking that they would play long road,but I was stoked when they started Can't Keep! First time since 03 that they've played a full band version of that. Then when Why go started I went crazy. There is so much energy in that song! It was great! Then, All Night was up. I always liked that song on Lost Dogs, and thought that the live version of the song was amazing! Ed was into it, as was the crowd! From Hail, Hail to Red Mosquito I was jumping around going all out into the rockers, as was the Band! Jeff, Mike, and Eddie were very very into it. Some other personal highlights for out of the man set were Off He Goes, Present Tense, Whipping, I Got Id, Army Reserve, Glorified G, and DTE. I guess I basically named the whole set. haha. I loved Even flow and Elderly woman as well.

The 1st encore was amazing. Inside job is a great way to start an encore. GTF followed that nicely, with the crowd very into it, especially the build before the chorus. I was STOKED when they played Education. It's one of my favorite b-sides of theirs. I was happy that I got to hear it. When they made the setlist change after Education, I was hoping that WMA would be played. and it was! That song was just phenomenal. I can't even describe. The reworked version is great. Better Man was a great sight, as the crowd was singing along loudly, and then went absolutely crazy before the 2nd verse. I thought that Porch or RVM would be next to close out the set, but no, Save You starts. That was unexpected and great! Then the set ended with a fantastic version of Porch, with Eddie doing a little different intro than usual.

The crowd seemed mostly respectful of Eddie when he was talking politics, and really showed Thomas young some respect when he was talked about. I enjoyed No More, and the crowd seemed to catch on towards the end. Footsteps was amazing! When the first chords struck from Stone's guitar I cheered as loud as possible, even before others realized what was being played. That song was awsome. Alive had the whole crowd with their arms raised and singing loudly, as they had all night. Then Eddie thanked everyone for coming and I assumed it was over, as Mike had taken off his strat and had given it to a techy. The background music even came on. But, then out they came again, and Indifference started! The crowd sang as loud as they could with Eddie! It was great. That song was an amazing way to end the night.

So, my first Pearl Jam concert was an incredible experience, and one that i will never forget. With an experience like that, I don't think that any show that I see could top it, unless it's Pearl Jam that does it! Thanks for an amazing experience! It was incredible.

PS- I was on the floor, row 24 seat 11. They were good seats for me!

:)
  • Options
    sibylsibyl Posts: 45
    I want a tour in EUROPE!!
    please!!
    I'm reading every comment and I am so sad!!
    please!!
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    mann..if you werent there you just have no fuckin idea..Im sure its all been said b4 by the other posters so Im not gonna reitterate, but yea...that energy last night...pfft unparralleled
    5th row dead center and for the 1st time ever I made a connection with the band.I was kinda in a trance during elderly woman and I open my eyes and see stone nodding his head at me crackin up like 'YEEEAAAA""! The HUGEST SMILE and I pointed at him as soon as ed goes but now here you are..and Stones singing along and back to me like and here iaammm...wow... :eek:
    Ed was feelin our section hardcore cause he just fed off it...kept looking straight us the whole night..

funniest part of the night: Betterman..some guy behind me puts his camera phone or whatever like right next to my face to record ed in the beginning when the crowds singing along and ed stops right b4 the OH OH OH part...looks dead at me and this guy and stops that part...matter of fact faked us all out lke 3 times until the guy decided to put his camera down..it was kinda like.."Ok whenever youre done recording I'll continue" that was the look...I didnt care about it but obviously ed wasnt to happy about it...ed was edgy last night...got pissed several times...esp during the untuned guitar part... shook his guitar angrily, looked at Ricky Ramone like WTF??! :mad:

kickass in so many ways and in Columbia of all places...wow

anhyways this tours shaping up to be legendary...watch, new opener tonite..like Release or Long Road ;)
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    This was my 22nd show...and that includes ones such as State College and this show was as good as any I have seen. Once I get down from the post-show buzz I think it could still easily be in my top 3. I don't know how these guys bring so much energy night in and night out.

The crowd, for the most part, was great. There were pockets that seemed pretty tame including some of the fan club seats. But as a whole there was a ton of energy and a ton of noise from just about everywhere in the building. Center section row 14 kept it lively the entire time, nice work.
  • Options
    It was my first and will not be my last. I loved it! I have been listening to PJ for a long time and last night was the shit!! I was all over the place from right next to the stage to in a box seat dead center. Sound was good and the crowd was great. At one point when Eddie was talking politics he said something that made all around me go "did he really just say that in SC?". I can't remember what it was but I will be waiting to hear it again on the boot. I will say that when Footsteps started I almost lost it. I could tell not many people around me were to familiar with the song because when it first started I yeld "they are playing Footsteps, YES!" and everyone kind of just looked at me, like what is this guy on. The harmonica was so f**king cool!!! All in all I loved it!! I would love to see any picture you all may have taken. Look forward to reading more.
    "Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency"
    ~Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 675
    Yeah, that's who it was. That's crazy though. No wonder they kicked him out. I'm sure they didn't want a potential tragedy like has happened at Shea Stadium and Turner Field....

I think they dropped a camera and he was trying to retrieve it.
  • Options
    ColapopColapop Posts: 1
    This was my second show and like the first time I knew some of the songs but not all. It didn't matter. This band is so good.
    Charlotte 4/16/03
    Columbia 6/16/08

South Carolina; too small to be a republic, too large to be an insane asylum.
  • Options
    It was my first Pearl Jam concert, and I came with the best of company--my 13 year old daughter. She and I have only attended one other concert before with a much younger band (MCR), and I could tell she was a little nervous about how much she would like these "old" guys. I think Eddie has made her change her definition of that word "old"!

Great setlist, great energy. I've been a liberal living in the conservative south all my life, and sometimes it is nice not to feel like a minority. I teared up during "No More."

I was in Section 113--if anybody was sitting down I didn't see them.

That was wonderful concert, and I thought KOL really rocked live. Of course, I screamed like a schoolgirl when I realized Eddie was joining them on stage.

And I realized why I like Pearl Jam so much when Eddie stopped everyone from chanting his name. They have always, always been about the music and never about the personalities/egos.

Great night. Worth the two hour drive home last night and the 3 1/2 hours sleep I had before I had to go teach Vacation Bible School, of all things.

Of course, I did sing in the choir last night as part of my prep!
    "All Those Yesterdays" keep adding up.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Staceb10 wrote:
    This was my last show for the tour and it was fantastic! Red Mosquito made my night.
    Great meeting you last night...hope the trip home was a safe one.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    stickboy wrote:
    kickass in so many ways and in Columbia of all places...wow

I still can't believe it actually happened here in Columbia....what a night!!! It went way above and beyond my expectations! So glad the crowd was so great.

I'm not a poster buyer but I had to buy a poster last night just so I can see "Pearl Jam" and "Columbia, SC" on the same piece of art. Wasn't just a dream.....

After the show I asked my friend what she thought (her first show and she was rocking out the whole time) and she said: "I feel like you just took me to a revival (long pause)

And then I saw God!"

I'm pretty sure she's hooked for life now,
    Thanks PJ for coming to Columbia!!
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    pathorses wrote:
    I still can't believe it actually happened here in Columbia....what a night!!! It went way above and beyond my expectations! So glad the crowd was so great.

I'm not a poster buyer but I had to buy a poster last night just so I can see "Pearl Jam" and "Columbia, SC" on the same piece of art. Wasn't just a dream.....

After the show I asked my friend what she thought (her first show and she was rocking out the whole time) and she said: "I feel like you just took me to a revival (long pause)

And then I saw God!"

I'm pretty sure she's hooked for life now,
    Thanks PJ for coming to Columbia!!
    Pat
    coming from NY for 2 fla shows I shouldnt of even been there last night. BUT after all my friends talkin me into going and at the risk of losing one of my pt jobs I said fuckit! Down to 20 bucks my friends were gonna pay for my ticket until another group of peeps bring Zach from SPin, gives me a free ticket for 106, but I winded up 5th row dead in front of ed..AND eds setlist I believe
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v213/hollacabeza/?action=view&current=columbia091.jpg
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    sheenTNsheenTN Posts: 163
    Wow. I thought it would be impossible to follow the 'Roo, but what a great energy to this show. Awesome singing night. True fan's setlist. It was definitely worth driving from Knoxville to Columbia and back for my wife's first show. Got there right as Ed walked on w/KOL, and I was apparently too late for my poster. DAMN!!!! Great guys around us to introduce my wife to the best fans to enjoy a show with, so those of you around floor center row 17 seats 11/12 THANK YOU!!! Aside from missing out my poster (again..... DAMN!!!) this was definitely worth it. Kudos to the wife for 9 hours in the car only to teach kindergarden 3 hours after we got home. What a soldier! Thanks ten club for the seats, and can't wait till they come back through.
    Knoxville '98, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh 2003, Nashville 2003, Asheville 2004, Bonnaroo 2008, Columbia 2008, EV The Ryman 1&2 2009, Alpine Valley 1&2 2011, Charlotte 2013, Columbia 2016, Lexington 2016, Bonnaroo 2016
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    This was my 3rd and final show of the tour...already PPJD has set in for my wife and me...we're lying around the living room, waiting for our 4 month-old to go to sleep, wondering when we'll get to see them again, hoping Ed meant his "we'll see you in a year or two" comment last night, because we'd totally go to Columbia again. Only about a 3 hour drive, and a real nice little downtown area. The crowd was great, and was just further proof of Pearl Jam's power. When you can sell damn near 11,000 tickets or whatever the final number was on a Monday night with no album out, you must be doing something (or a lot of somethings) right. And they were. The power, the emotion, the honesty, the drive, the technical prowess, the magnetism...it was all there in spades, and at WPB and Tampa too. We couldn't hope for 1st or 2nd row again, but 16th row right was still pretty good. Thanks to the 10C and Pearl Jam for the last week...it was magical. I expect that these shows will affect me in ways large and small for quite some time to come.
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    thanks for playing present tense and off he goes...thanks.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    LordGoofyLordGoofy Posts: 15
    My 3rd show, Greenville 98 and Charlotte in 00. So its been a while for me. I had brought my GF for her first PJ show and first concert ( how can you be 24 and never been to a concert before???) But this show blows any other show I have seen out of the water. So much energy, I have never seen the whole band so animated. Simply amazing. I have been reading all the reviews here and getting goosebumps all over again. Great seats in 106 with some great fans around us even if they were 24 rows back.

Also I just wanted to say sorry we didn't make it to the pre show event, we got out of town a lot later then I expected and barely had enough time to check in at the hotel and get to the show on time.
  • Options
    maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    Quick KOL question. What was that track where the singer had 2 mic's? One regular and the other with some kind of fuzz on it?
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Just making it back from a great three show stint...thanks to 10c and Pearl Jam, u never dissapoint (except I didn't win lottery)!

I could go on about all the great moments at SC, but I can sum up all three shows in one word:SETLIST. So many songs that were on my short list are now off, it's amazing.

WPB
    Oceans, Faithfull, Who You Are, Low Light, Glorified G,

TPA
    Sometimes, Light Years, Present Tense, Nothingman,You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (Ed solo)

SC
    Can't Keep, All Night, Red Mosquito, Off He Goes, Present Tense, Glorified G,
    Education, W.M.A., Indifference

Seriously
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    pjmarley1pjmarley1 Posts: 35
    maj4e wrote:
    Quick KOL question. What was that track where the singer had 2 mic's? One regular and the other with some kind of fuzz on it?

its called "My Party" off their newest album Because of the Times. that whole cd is awesome you should pick it up

and it should be noted that I met kings of leon at the hotel! they were in the pool and as they got out i shook the singers hand and also the drummer. i asked them if they were gonna bring back slow night so long and throw vedder on the tamborines. they hadnt done it yet, but they did it last night! it was awesome

and shortly after that, i was in the hotel lobby when here comes eddie out of the elevator!! i hardly recognized him, he had on big fake glasses, a trucker hat, and shorts with some tube socks. i didnt even know what to say. i said "hey eddie!" and he gave me a wave then ducked out into the van.

kings of leon were a great opener..i was very excited when i saw they were opening, and they didnt disappoint at all

this whole show was awesome. it was my first pj show and after being a fan for 8 years (although im only 21) i drove from arkansas to see them, because i didnt know when the next time was. cant keep was so great and i could tell the crowd would be into it all night. then why go had a ton of energy!! all of the songs..the crowd was singing the whole time and eddie was awesome. mike was also really into it, it seemed..it looked like they were all having fun. the highlight for me would probably be Education. they played it extremely well. and i really enjoyed I Got Shit, i love that song and they dont play it near as much anymore - so it was great to hear. i could go on forever, and maybe i will post more later, but let it be known that this was the best thing ive ever seen and even exceeded my expectations.
  • Options
    DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    Can't Keep, Why Go, All Night, Hail Hail, Sad, Severed Hand, Red Mosquito, I Am Mine, Even Flow, Off He Goes, Small Town, Present Tense, Whipping, I Got Shit, Army Reserve, Glorified G, Do The Evolution

Encore 1: Inside Job, Given To Fly, Education, W.M.A., Better Man, Save You, Porch

Encore 2: No More, Footsteps, Alive

Encore 3: Indifference

Please share your Fanviews of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

WOw :eek: Great Fucking Setlist, i really hope some of the upcomming shows receive this kind of attention
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    pjmarley1 wrote:
    its called "My Party" off their newest album Because of the Times. that whole cd is awesome you should pick it up

and it should be noted that I met kings of leon at the hotel! they were in the pool and as they got out i shook the singers hand and also the drummer. i asked them if they were gonna bring back slow night so long and throw vedder on the tamborines. they hadnt done it yet, but they did it last night! it was awesome

and shortly after that, i was in the hotel lobby when here comes eddie out of the elevator!! i hardly recognized him, he had on big fake glasses, a trucker hat, and shorts with some tube socks. i didnt even know what to say. i said "hey eddie!" and he gave me a wave then ducked out into the van.

kings of leon were a great opener..i was very excited when i saw they were opening, and they didnt disappoint at all

this whole show was awesome. it was my first pj show and after being a fan for 8 years (although im only 21) i drove from arkansas to see them, because i didnt know when the next time was. cant keep was so great and i could tell the crowd would be into it all night. then why go had a ton of energy!! all of the songs..the crowd was singing the whole time and eddie was awesome. mike was also really into it, it seemed..it looked like they were all having fun. the highlight for me would probably be Education. they played it extremely well. and i really enjoyed I Got Shit, i love that song and they dont play it near as much anymore - so it was great to hear. i could go on forever, and maybe i will post more later, but let it be known that this was the best thing ive ever seen and even exceeded my expectations.
    What hotel did you stay in?
    "Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency"
    ~Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    jasonwjasonw Posts: 390
    what a show, such a great time. thank you so much 10c for my tickets section 106 row 7 which was on par with the 4th row on the floor. the band was great and ed was so full of energy.....i was a little disappointed in KOL, maybe the sound was messed up? but i couldn't really understand the singer at all.....and i got one of matt's drumsticks! which was a great surprise
  • Options
    WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    cool pics
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Also, couple short videos. Photobucket wouldnt let me use the ones more than 100mb. I have tons of full songs from past 2 shows. Ill figure it out later.

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/terps85/?action=view&current=Picture089-1.flv

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/terps85/?action=view&current=Picture093.flv
  • Options
    DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421