*** Mansfield 1 Fanviews Here 6/28/2008 ***

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i dont get why everyone is bashing mansfield. i wasnt there or anything, but the set list looks pretty good and there isnt much talk about the pre-set which im sure was fucking incredible. it does seem like it got cut short a little but it doesn't look nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. is there something im missing?
  • Rambis35Rambis35 Posts: 235
    Cheers to all of you who are lucky enough to be at the shows last night and tomorrow night (no matter what the setlist is).
    I'm interested to know if Ed gave any Howard Zinn references... maybe before or after playing Down?
    Hopefully you'll all get Masters Of War tomorrow!
    Thanks,
    Michael

Eddie talked about Howard Zinn right after "Down," mentioning that "You can't be neutral on a moving train" was taken from the Zinn book. He called him a great thinker, then talked about how we have lost some great thinkers in recent years (Kurt Vonnegut, George Carlin, Tim Russert).

Unfortunately, there were a few idiots on the lawn that apparently had no patience for Eddie talking about anything. When he mentioned Zinn, Tomas Young, or the recruiting station in the venue a handful of guys were swearing at him and telling him to shut up and sing. Obviously this was not indicative of the vast majority of fans, but it was the one negative aspect of the show for me. I understand that not everyone shares Pearl Jam's politics, but at this point, shouldn't you be pretty aware of the band's stance on issues and their willingness to speak out? He didn't even say anything controversial either. I'd guess the crowd was better in other areas, it was just disappointing to those of us who did want to hear what Eddie had to say.

Overall, it was a great show. I think Hartford was better, but this is no criticism of last night's show. Mansfield was definitely mellower, but it was good to see such a different setlist after seeing them the night before. "Love Reign O'er Me," "Hard To Imagine," and "No More" were a few highlights for me, though I was surprised with the lack of reaction to "No More" on the lawn at least. Looking forward to Monday's show, I'd love to see a few surprises or a few extra songs, but nothing this band does could disappoint me.
  • brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    MattyJoe wrote:
    What other shows have you been to on this tour?

that was my 4th on this tour
    I did not go to MSG. I usually do but I could not swing it this year
    from what i hear, the MSG shows were not as good as they usually are.
    I wasnt there, so I cant say.
    The crowd is always the best in Boston, just my opinion. Most ppl agree.
    I have been to almost 70 shows and all the Boston shows are my favorites.
    THe setlist was good, not great. I did hear alot of songs I wanted to hear but there were too many "HITS"
    I just love the energy when they play here!!!

Tomorrow will definately be better, they are saving the best for last.
    considering, what they soundchecked last night and did not play, I am expecting a GREAT SHOW
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
    JKmail24 wrote:
    I'm surprised I don't see any fans complaining about the fan club seats they got. These were by far the worst seats I ever got from the fan club. I was all the way back in Section 5 Row G. I'd say about the equivalent of 40 rows back. Maybe I got selected in a reverse lottery for the worst fan club seats. Whatever the case I was very disappointed with the seat location. I would think I would at least Sec 1,2 or 3. I am going Monday, so hopefully those seats will be better. Anyone else feel let down?

OH, I forgot to mention my seats. I didnt want to complain
    but I am just a little confused. My seats have def been further back then usual. I figured it was becuz of the lottery. I am not sure that is true now.
    My friend and i have consectutive #'s so we ALWAYS end up next to each other.
    It has been that way for EVERY show since 1994
    this year, We have been sections apart. Last night our seats were 6 rows apart? IN hartford we were in completley different sections.

I just dont understand how it is working???
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    i dont get why everyone is bashing mansfield. i wasnt there or anything, but the set list looks pretty good and there isnt much talk about the pre-set which im sure was fucking incredible. it does seem like it got cut short a little but it doesn't look nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. is there something im missing?

I think its that it ended so insanely abruptly that it left almost everyone I saw with a look of "wtf?"

Also, for anyone expecting a ton of variety between the two shows I dont see it happening. They played almost all of the 'greatest hits' and there's just no way that they wont play a large chunk of them again tomorrow. I was hoping for half of those hits yesterday and half tomorrow so we'd get two shows of at least majority of non-repeats.

Just my opinion - I think with the curfew they could plan things out better starting with hitting the stage on time and not 7-8 minutes late...
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    Ed Preset: Throw Your Arms Around Me (Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters)

Set List: Hard To Imagine, Why Go, Hail Hail, Comatose, Low Light, Small Town, Corduroy, Faithfull, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Down, I'm Open, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Do The Evolution, Once, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Love Reign O'er Me (Townshend), Come Back, Insignificance, Black, Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)

Encore 2: No More, State Of Love And Trust, Alive

I wrote once but not a full review. This show was amazing. All day long I have been passing the time just waiting for tomorrow night to come. Faithfull was great, I got Shit, Love Reign O'er Me, Come back were a few that I wanted to see. SOLAT was up there.

Betterman....Betterman of all the songs. I see what people write on the boards, I've been one of the pee break people! Christ I was pissed that was 1 of 2 clips they showed from Bonnaroo. But last night, and for a long time to come, that song and that moment has and will continue to give me goose bumps.....

I am just shaking my head, screaming songs in my head all day today. I can not wait until tomorrow. I had section 3, row ee. I got one more chance at the lottery. It doesn't matter. my seats will be fine seats. Tomorrow we are going to rip the roof off the pavillion! This weekend should be all one great big review....I feel beat up. I am tired. I had to replace 2 tires. I am getting rest tonight. I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a long long show.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    brainofjb wrote:
    that was my 4th on this tour
    I did not go to MSG. I usually do but I could not swing it this year
    from what i hear, the MSG shows were not as good as they usually are.
    I wasnt there, so I cant say.
    The crowd is always the best in Boston, just my opinion. Most ppl agree.
    I have been to almost 70 shows and all the Boston shows are my favorites.
    THe setlist was good, not great. I did hear alot of songs I wanted to hear but there were too many "HITS"
    I just love the energy when they play here!!!

Tomorrow will definately be better, they are saving the best for last.
    considering, what they soundchecked last night and did not play, I am expecting a GREAT SHOW

just a comment from someone who came over to New York for the first time for MSG2 this tour... i loved it! loved the setlist, the atmosphere, the people etc etc...

...maybe after 70 shows i'll be jaded that they played too many 'hits' but personally i've seen 4 shows, never seen Jeremy, only seen Black twice, RVM twice, Corduroy twice etc etc...

...but i've seen 4 different openers... 3 different closers...

...i love this band!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    jrd wrote:
    just a comment from someone who came over to New York for the first time for MSG2 this tour... i loved it! loved the setlist, the atmosphere, the people etc etc...

...maybe after 70 shows i'll be jaded that they played too many 'hits' but personally i've seen 4 shows, never seen Jeremy, only seen Black twice, RVM twice, Corduroy twice etc etc...

...but i've seen 4 different openers... 3 different closers...

...i love this band!

I am not that Jaded. like I said on my first post, I thought last night was GREAT!
    I am just hoping for some rarities tomorrow night, they got most of the hits out last night.
    I am glad that you enjoyed MSG. Please dont get me wrong, i have always loved seeing them at MSG. I just heard that it wasnt as good as last tour.

I dont want to sound spoiled or jaded by saying how many shows I have seen or how many hits they play. I just always think the best atmosphere for the band and the fans are the boston shows.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    brainofjb wrote:
    I am not that Jaded. like I said on my first post, I thought last night was GREAT!
    I am just hoping for some rarities tomorrow night, they got most of the hits out last night.
    I am glad that you enjoyed MSG. Please dont get me wrong, i have always loved seeing them at MSG. I just heard that it wasnt as good as last tour.

I dont want to sound spoiled or jaded by saying how many shows I have seen or how many hits they play. I just always think the best atmosphere for the band and the fans are the boston shows.

that's cool, and i dont want to hijack the thread of a show i wasn't at :rolleyes:

just saying that there are probably more 'casual' fans at shows who want to hear (some of) the hits than multiple-shows-every-tour people ticking off songs they haven't heard before (sad to say i've done that with Springsteen tours... in Europe :o ).

ahhh...whatever the show,whatever the setlist, people will always complain or compare... nothing wrong with that...

i'm not even going to touch the best crowd/venue subject! :D

enjoy Monday night (lucky sod!)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 102
    momofglynn wrote:
    Ed Preset: Throw Your Arms Around Me (Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters)

Set List: Hard To Imagine, Why Go, Hail Hail, Comatose, Low Light, Small Town, Corduroy, Faithfull, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Down, I'm Open, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Do The Evolution, Once, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Love Reign O'er Me (Townshend), Come Back, Insignificance, Black, Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)

Encore 2: No More, State Of Love And Trust, Alive

I wrote once but not a full review. This show was amazing. All day long I have been passing the time just waiting for tomorrow night to come. Faithfull was great, I got Shit, Love Reign O'er Me, Come back were a few that I wanted to see. SOLAT was up there.

Betterman....Betterman of all the songs. I see what people write on the boards, I've been one of the pee break people! Christ I was pissed that was 1 of 2 clips they showed from Bonnaroo. But last night, and for a long time to come, that song and that moment has and will continue to give me goose bumps.....

I am just shaking my head, screaming songs in my head all day today. I can not wait until tomorrow. I had section 3, row ee. I got one more chance at the lottery. It doesn't matter. my seats will be fine seats. Tomorrow we are going to rip the roof off the pavillion! This weekend should be all one great big review....I feel beat up. I am tired. I had to replace 2 tires. I am getting rest tonight. I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a long long show.

I was behind you in FF....(i think that's behind? im too lazy to get the seating chart up now)

The whole applause break in betterman was outstanding...I got a video clip of it (equip with me getting a bug off of my neck/arm). I'm psyched for tomorrow night!
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    throw your arms around me sounded better than i've ever heard.

fire the person who designed the one entrance, one exit parking.

i don't know if there were equipment problems or if they were failed improvs but even flow and rvm ended disastrously.

i never saw pearl jam raincoats for sale before.

those big $16 dollar frozen drinks that you think will be more manageable and have the same alcohol content as the 2 beers you can get for the same price, aren't and don't.

betterman was crazy. ed would lunge toward the mic trying to cue us that he was gonna start the next verse and the crowd just wouldn't let go of the song. hell of a thing.

once and love reign o'er me were great.

do they ever intentionally close with alive or does it always mean we got robbed?
  • trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 102
    spnoone wrote:
    throw your arms around me sounded better than i've ever heard.

fire the person who designed the one entrance, one exit parking.

i don't know if there were equipment problems or if they were failed improvs but even flow and rvm ended disastrously.

i never saw pearl jam raincoats for sale before.

those big $16 dollar frozen drinks that you think will be more manageable and have the same alcohol content as the 2 beers you can get for the same price, aren't and don't.

betterman was crazy. ed would lunge toward the mic trying to cue us that he was gonna start the next verse and the crowd just wouldn't let go of the song. hell of a thing.

once and love reign o'er me were great.

do they ever intentionally close with alive or does it always mean we got robbed?

haha! I like your synopsis ... I think we got robbed simply because of the strict curfew of Mansfield... its in a residential neighborhood. I never thought (And dont think) they should play in Mansfield when they come to MA. They should play @ The TDBN Garden or Fenway Park I'm hoping for a make up tomorrow night though. They can't break curfew two nights.
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    Alright...where do I begin? I have been a longtime fan of the band and only a short-timer in the 10C (Member #368XXX) and always resigned to the fact that the only way I'll ever be up close is to go with a "long-time" 10C member (160XXX) or pay a scalper through the nose.

So we head to Hartford on Friday (luckily we got our tickets way before the ticket disaster and got to enjoy the entire abso-fuckin-lutely sick setlist) and my seats are literally the last row in the pavilion (able to snake my way into my buddy's 10C seats in Section 200 Row Q, thanks Meansie!) and was not very optimistic that things would get too much better for Mansfield..but oh well, it's Pearl Jam, right? And hopefully, Mr. Means will be able to hook a brother up again.

We get to the 10C window at the Theater-formerly-known-as-Great-Woods and find out that Meansie has Section 2, Row U; and, my tickets were Section 3, Row F. Yep...Holy Shit, I won the lottery. Oh Boy!!! After checking with the seating chart, we found that Section 3 begins with Row....F. Wow.

Finally, after being the wingman and counting on others for great PJ seats, I am able to repay the favor by bringing my buddy (who's been to 75+ shows) to the FRONT ROW on Mike's side.

I have been fortunate enough to see some wonderful concerts and bands, but this will never, ever be topped. To be able to watch six musicians at the top of their game all in sync with one another and feed off of the crowd in the same mannner that we feed off of them is sublime.

The setlist was awesome, the picks (thrown by Mike in handfuls!!!) obtained were great; but, two things stand out for me: 1.) At the beginning of RVM, Mike took the setlist off of the stage and fucking handed it to me (you can see it on the spin.com off he goes site at the 30 second mark), oh yeah and he had signed it as well; 2.) My buddy Means' idol is Eddie Vedder and at one point in Even Flow, Eddie gave Means the double point and they connected and sang together for 10-15 seconds. It was magical and thinking about it now gives me goosebumps.

Thank you Pearl Jam and 10C for allowing two long time fans the opportunity to experience a night we'll never forget. Aside from the birth of my daughter, my wedding night (for obvious reasons), last night was one of the best nights of my life.
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
  • piombapiomba Posts: 103
    Oatsdad wrote:
    I watched it bounce - I was kinda hoping to see it break, but it didn't!

anyone else see this? I swear I saw it break. then again I was seeing dragons after 3. or was it 4... fhck it! see ya'll tomorrow.
  • OatsdadOatsdad Posts: 72
    piomba wrote:
    anyone else see this? I swear I saw it break. then again I was seeing dragons after 3. or was it 4... fhck it! see ya'll tomorrow.

I was definitely sober, and I'm pretty sure I would've noticed a break. I'll ask my seat-partner what she remembers, though I remain 99.999% sure the bottle just bounced - no way it could break against that soft backdrop.

Gotta love the Internet - where else could two strangers argue about whether or not a pissed-off musician broke a bottle on stage? :D
  • piombapiomba Posts: 103
    Oatsdad wrote:
    I was definitely sober, and I'm pretty sure I would've noticed a break. I'll ask my seat-partner what she remembers, though I remain 99.999% sure the bottle just bounced - no way it could break against that soft backdrop.

Gotta love the Internet - where else could two strangers argue about whether or not a pissed-off musician broke a bottle on stage? :D

all's good. gotta love eddie.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,413
    Yes, it was a basic set-list, and for PJ, a basic show(thats not a bad thing). The time of the show was that of Camden-2. I didn't feel the boys were spot on, again for PJ. Were they tired? I know they played in Hartford the night before, so maybe.

Me, personally, i was looking for more of a non "HITS" show, but i didn't think i would get it after following the Hartford show. It was either that show or Mansfield, and i chose Mansfield becuase it was a Saturday. Long drive from South Jersey. Oh well.

It almost seemed like they were in a rush(because of Curfew?). Not to throw gasonline on the fire of this crowd topic, but with the exception of the Betterman thing, i thought the crowd was just OK. At least from where i was sitting(Section 7.). In fact quite a few left after the main-set? Beat the traffic? I don't really like these amphitheaters, but from where i was sitting, i thought the sound was pretty good(alot better then that shit-hole in Camden).

I like to thank the people on here for giving the heads-up on the parking, and drinking situations. I parked on the other side of 495(for FREE), and was on the road in less then 2 minutes, which was a big help.Was worth the 25 minute walk. It took me over 6 hours to get up ther, but 4:15 to get home. Thanks again. But, maybe i missed the heads-up on the STRICT curfew? If i wouldv'e know that, i wouldn't have gone up ther. I wouldv'e went to Hartford>HAHAHA.

And to MAYBE ruffle some more feathers: out of the 5 shows i've seen this tour, this was #5>LOL!!!!!!!
  • Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    cutz wrote:
    I didn't feel the boys were spot on, again for PJ. Were they tired? I know they played in Hartford the night before, so maybe.
    Yup. I was in Hartford and Mansfield. Completely different. I wasnt feeling the energy from the band or crowd. They burnt it all in Hartford. They HAD to be tired after Hartford. There was a feelable energy in Hartford that I didnt get in Mansfield.

Mansfield was your typical PJ show (nothing wrong with that).

That said, awesome time. WIsh I was going Monday. I have a feeling that will be insane.

Peace.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • QubeQube Posts: 44
    been to a few shows...not a ton

i thought the show was fantastic. i never rave about first set, but i thought it was great. ed must of hit 90 mph with the vino at the back drop. i'm a crowd guy...and the crowd was in it (and it looked like the band recognized). things werent the crispest...but all the ingredients were there. beer line sucked and i had to ditch it right when it my turn (moment of clarity) to make sure i head hard to imagine. cant wait for tomorrow.

betterman was a highlight...believe it
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,495
    intothejam wrote:
    I am curious, as to why Ed was pissed of. He threw the bottle of wine at the backdrop then ripped that thing off infront of the stage.

i haven't seen anything else mentioned in this thread about the subject, so,...

the pipes visible on stage were blowing cold air in Ed's direction to help him keep cool, there were ducts positioned on either side of Ed's on-stage monitors. during previous shows (MSG shows onward) we've seen Ed complain to Rick (his tech) about the pipes not being positioned to Ed's satisfaction and Rick has done his best to ensure they're angled just right to blow cold air right at Ed, but it clearly hasn't always worked out that way.

last night, however, it seemed not enough cold air was being blown in Ed's direction, which made it difficult for Ed to keep cool. in addition to Ed's frustration with the lack of cold air, on 2-3 occasions during last night's set Ed turned towards Rick to inform him about the issue but Rick's attention was elsewhere as he was tuning Ed's guitars everytime Ed turned to him (Stone's tech had to get Rick's attention each time to let him know Ed needed his assistance). needless to say, Ed was losing his patience and feeling frustrated.
    Oatsdad wrote:
    The bottle didn't shatter - it bounced. The backdrop is cloth, so it wouldn't bust anything...

i'm not sure where you were sitting, perhaps the angle was off; however, when Ed left the stage during the McCready Even Flow solo, he walked towards Rick and THREW the bottle of wine right at the backdrop, at which point the bottle did indeed SHATTER on impact. the moment the bottle shattered, we could see the wine just spill everywhere and fragments of glass fly everywhere. none of the crew were prepared for it, and you could see some fear in their facial expressions - matter of fact, Jill was standing side-stage next to Kerrie and even she had a nervous look on her face, although she and Ed didn't communicate while he was standing side-stage after once again complaining to Rick.

after Ed watched Mike's solo from side-stage, he proceeded to take a new bottle of wine and then headed straight to Matt. Ed spent a minute or two sitting on the back of Matt's drum-riser where a cooling fan is positioned, and he had a smoke and likely enjoyed the comfort of the fan before returning to the front of the stage to wrap up the song.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • LizzyLizzy Posts: 32
    Thank you so much! You made my last show of the tour a memorable one! I got back to my hotel room that night and my friend and I listened to it. Amazing! I was so sad to be leaving Boston (my 6th show of the tour) but you put a huge smile on my face! Thanks again!
  • cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    Loved Pearl Jam, did not love the crowd.
    Sorry, I think MSG I and II have been much louder in terms of crowd, nothing to do with yesterday night. My opinion.

But I'm from Italy, I'm used to much louder crowds ;-)

Even if during betterman.... that was insane, will remember it forever!!!!
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    salt_creep wrote:
    I've been addicted to this forum lately... feeling the need to see the setlists to know what I've been missing since I live to far away to see this "southern tour" (Indiana got screwed three tours in a row!!! V4Change,06, & 08)

Anyway, That Roo set looks kickass, The hartford set looks worth buying

I wasn't there, of course, but this show looks pretty slim and dissapointing

I'm interested in hearing from those that were there
    newsflash hartford blows roo out of the water, its not close
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    100 Pacer wrote:
    i haven't seen anything else mentioned in this thread about the subject, so,...

the pipes visible on stage were blowing cold air in Ed's direction to help him keep cool, there were ducts positioned on either side of Ed's on-stage monitors. during previous shows (MSG shows onward) we've seen Ed complain to Rick (his tech) about the pipes not being positioned to Ed's satisfaction and Rick has done his best to ensure they're angled just right to blow cold air right at Ed, but it clearly hasn't always worked out that way.

last night, however, it seemed not enough cold air was being blown in Ed's direction, which made it difficult for Ed to keep cool. in addition to Ed's frustration with the lack of cold air, on 2-3 occasions during last night's set Ed turned towards Rick to inform him about the issue but Rick's attention was elsewhere as he was tuning Ed's guitars everytime Ed turned to him (Stone's tech had to get Rick's attention each time to let him know Ed needed his assistance). needless to say, Ed was losing his patience and feeling frustrated.

i'm not sure where you were sitting, perhaps the angle was off; however, when Ed left the stage during the McCready Even Flow solo, he walked towards Rick and THREW the bottle of wine right at the backdrop, at which point the bottle did indeed SHATTER on impact. the moment the bottle shattered, we could see the wine just spill everywhere and fragments of glass fly everywhere. none of the crew were prepared for it, and you could see some fear in their facial expressions - matter of fact, Jill was standing side-stage next to Kerrie and even she had a nervous look on her face, although she and Ed didn't communicate while he was standing side-stage after once again complaining to Rick.

after Ed watched Mike's solo from side-stage, he proceeded to take a new bottle of wine and then headed straight to Matt. Ed spent a minute or two sitting on the back of Matt's drum-riser where a cooling fan is postioned, and he had a smoke and likely enjoyed the comfort of the fan before returning to the front of the stage to wrap up the song.

Yeah Ed was behind Matt's drumkit, smoking a cigarette, holding the bottle of wine and was using the cooling fan like a hair dryer and cooling his face/neck down - dancing while he was doing it! :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • intothejamintothejam Posts: 25
    dont know if it has been posted yet, I just found this. it was great being there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnMp10twB3Y
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:

Hartford was amazing no doubt. Roo though was epic. With that crowd, in that atmosphere. The emotions of the band. Also at the time the setlist was unreal (still is awesome). They busted out WMA, All Night, HTI, Release in the middle of the set, Who You Are. I wasn't at the show but I was watching the set on the computer and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Those songs ended up getting a lot of play this tour so it became less surprising but when Roo was going on I couldn't believe some of the stuff they were playing. Plus the we didn't belong together tag to black was awesome. So I don't think Hartford blew it out of the water. Maybe just me though.
  • ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    Wow, dont think ive ever seen a group of shows get so many different opinions as far as best ones or what not...

Ive hit the past 4... All great in different ways... MSG had just amazing amazing energy, best ive ever seen i think.... the 2 MSG shows were electric... setlists were not as good as the 03 MSG shows but still amazing... BAnd in great mood... Black Diamond... Indifference to end the show... memorable... member #210 same seats both nights at MSG middle section of floor - HARTFORD was a shocker... im still shocked about the show they gave us in Hartford... def most diverse set of the 4... SMILE was huge... great crowd also... BOSTON 1.. very good show but I mean with the curfew it does effect the show when the band has let us get used to 28 songs and 2.5 hrs.... Crowd was very good from where i was ( lottery winner, sec 2 row L) cant tell how it was way in back.. i thought it sounded like a great crowd but i dont think it compares with MSG or Boston 06... equal to Hartford i guess would be my call... Setlist was good... HARD i thought... BETTERMAN was memorable... tomorrow will be my 26th show and BETTERMAN as of now is def a top ten in person highlight for me last night...

BOSTON 2... Last official show of tour... 11 pm curfew... I DONT KNOW... go on at 8 30??? play till 11 30 ? i hope one of those happens... I think us ( the crowd) will be ready... if the start is awesome I think it will be a memorable night... I think the setlist needs to have some MAGIC in it tomrrow... Crown of thorns/footsteps/RITFW/BABA/BREATH... i dont know... something like that would be huge... i assume Ledbetter will end show and i have faith in this band... i dont see this show ending at 11

SOrry this is long, either way... an amazing week for me 5 more shows and the band showing that they are easily the best live band around... Just amazing energy and connection once again... BOSTON is on a hot streak over the years... LAST SHOW OF TOUR ( my first last show) A big one tomorrrow will make this short tour almost perfect

JOE

good tailgatin last night also... thanks for the VAn of peep who gave us some beers and stuff in the VIP lot...
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • salt_creepsalt_creep Posts: 72
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

I was just saying that those 2 shows (hartford & Roo) look like the ones I'll be buying the boots of...

I've been checking out their tour from this site since I can't actually be there, I want to buy a boot or two and those look like my kind of shows...

That's not to imply that those other shows are "bad" shows.... just don't appear to be as good as others on paper. Of course, I'd love to have seen any of them really.

But, if I had my choice (after the fact) Mansfield night 1 wouldn't be it.

I know this is off topic (kinda) but Penn State '03 has got to be the best boot I've ever bought and that's the kind of show I'm hoping they'll play on Monday
  • ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    salt_creep wrote:
    I was just saying that those 2 shows (hartford & Roo) look like the ones I'll be buying the boots of...

I've been checking out their tour from this site since I can't actually be there, I want to buy a boot or two and those look like my kind of shows...

That's not to imply that those other shows are "bad" shows.... just don't appear to be as good as others on paper. Of course, I'd love to have seen any of them really.

But, if I had my choice (after the fact) Mansfield night 1 wouldn't be it.

I know this is off topic (kinda) but Penn State '03 has got to be the best boot I've ever bought and that's the kind of show I'm hoping they'll play on Monday

Well Cmon, WHO WOULDNT WANT THAT??? Penn St is the longest Pearl Jam show ever 3 hr 22 min... YA... I GUESS ILL TAKE THAT MONDAY NIGHT! haha
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Yeah, that must have been fun.

Any one heard of live versions of Angel??!?!?!
    "Ok, I think that's enough." -EV to band at the end of Dirty Frank jam-out.