Options

*** Mansfield 1 Fanviews Here 6/28/2008 ***

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I enjoyed this show very much. :)

I felt lucky to have a good seat with a nice view of the stage and a fun person (Chiquimonkey) to sit with. :)

The applause in the middle of Betterman was surprising and wonderful ( !!! ) and I was very happy to hear Love Reign O'er me because I've wanted to hear it in person for quite a while. :)

I thought the concert began with a lot of energy and despite the various technical problems and the kinda/sorta aburpt ending, I enjoyed it very much. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    smokenatreesmokenatree Posts: 100
    I went to Mansfield 1 on saturday and I felt it was aan average show just like Virginia Beach. All the hype about Boston is overrated. The crowd was pretty lame. Should have went to Hartford, but I went there in 2006 and vowed to not go back because it was just an average show. Well eddie changed that in 2008. I will never return to Boston for another show. The place is a disaster. South Carolina and MSG 2 were my favorite shows of the tour. Mansfield I and Virginia Beach, not so good! There really shouldn't be an argument, Mansfield 1 just wasn't anything out of the ordinary! Enjoy the rest of the tour.
  • Options
    ChiliguyChiliguy Posts: 3
    This was my 7th PJ show and I thought it was good. Average setlist, but not the worst show I've ever seen.

The crowd was great in terms of singing along, but terrible in the amount of drunken dudebros. I don't know why PJ shows attract these savages, but 2 fights broke out behind me and I had to listen to WOOOOOO and EDDIEEEEE guys all night and they practically ruined it for me.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 7/11/03, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/28/08
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    your location was probably a combination of the lottery winners taking up 4 of the first 10 rows, and the length of the tour. In Hartford, i moved back from the 100 section in 2006 to the 400 section. (directly behind the 100 section, probably 15-20 rows back from where I was 2 years ago)
    Plus there are VIP/season tix rows in section 2 (Row F and Row K are pretty much all VIP) which bounces 10clubbers back a bit as well.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Toad-JamToad-Jam Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info on the fan club seating. Makes total sense. I think i was being too naive....i honestly didn't realize the fan club seating went back so many rows!!! Makes sense tho...there are a lot of us. :-) I am happy with what we got...and we got a bunch of great pics too.

The people seated around us weren't very chatty....wish i coulda gotta to know another fan! Tho the dork in front of us we could have done without (and he wasn't legitimately seated there....we watched him buy the ticket stubs from the guy who's seats they actually were...so the row was basically double seated!) He literally bent over and farted at one point. Seriously. And kept leaping into the air wiggling his butt..... quite the experience.
    4/12/94- Orpheum Theatre, Boston
    10/2/96- The Meadows in Hartford
    8/30/00- Tweeter Center, Mansfield
    7/2/03- Tweeter Center, Mansfield (Boston I) (2nd Row, Stone's side!!!)
    7/11/03- Tweeter Center, Mansfield (Boston III)
    9/28/04- FleetCenter, Boston
    6/28/08- Comcast Center, Mansfield
  • Options
    trebmaltrebmal Boston Posts: 102
    my Better man crowd participation video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcB7vgwb2t8 intense...

and my video of the pre set... yeah its jerky up until 1:08 cos I was walking really quickly to my seat and didn't want the ushers to stop me from taking the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phVxwmv-5Jg
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • Options
    funny story. so this guy plows into the seat next to me during hail hail. he starts going nuts and steps on my foot like five times. i'm an impatient guy to begin with, but after the SIXTH time, i ask him nicely to stop stepping on my foot. he gives me a real hard, sarcastic, tough-guy slap on the back and says ok. then he proceeds to start the same bumping into me and stepping on my feet shit. i pull him next to me and i say, if you keep this shit up, first i'm gonna smack you in your fuckin head, then go get security cuz i guarantee you don't belong in this seat. he says, what? what the fuck did you say to me? i look him dead in the eye and said you heard me. suddenly, the bumping and stepping on my feet cease. he ruined hail hail for me, but the show was amazing and i completely forgot about him. later in the show, he turns to me sticks out his hand and says amazing show! i shook his hand and said ok, we'll make up. i took it as kind of apology and i was too happy to stay angry at this guy. so during black, he puts his arm around me and we do the tattooedeverything part together. only at a pj show can that happen. after actually reading that it sounds kind of gay, but i didn't think of it at the time. lol.
  • Options
    Am I missing something here? Was I at the same show the rest of you were at? I flew out from California for the last three shows of the tour and got WAY more than I bargained for from every show. At the time I didn't even realize the show was any shorter than any other and it never even crossed my mind to complain about the setlist. And that's not even taking into consideration the super high energy crowd! I met some great people, rocked my ass off, and had the time of my life! I respect your opinions, but seriously, what the fuck!?!? I'm off to read the Mansfield II reviews now and I'm really hoping all you nay-sayers turned your shitty attitudes around!
    92xxx
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    [size=+2]We Belong Together[/size] tag was very nice. :)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    JammerJammer Posts: 85
    Both this show, and Monday's were really great for me. My voice is still shot. I met all kinds of cool people at the fundraisers, and ended up having a ticket for this first show dropped in my lap. Words cannot begin to express the thanks I give for that ticket. You guys know who you are...

Here are some shots from night 1 http://www.flickr.com/photos/given_the_eye/

Looking forward to the next tour...
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    LongRd. wrote:
    [size=+2]We Belong Together[/size] tag was very nice. :)

yes it was... it was f'ckin' beautiful

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yV1rIBEDpg8
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    JammerJammer Posts: 85
    Jammer wrote:
    Both this show, and Monday's were really great for me. My voice is still shot. I met all kinds of cool people at the fundraisers, and ended up having a ticket for this first show dropped in my lap. Words cannot begin to express the thanks I give for that ticket. You guys know who you are...

Here are some shots from night 1 http://www.flickr.com/photos/given_the_eye/

Looking forward to the next tour...

• Options
    :eek: I should give these shows more credit because Mansfield 1+2 had 16 songs off No Code, Yield and Lost Dogs!!!

I think the parking situation ruined the memories a bit. Good thing boot CD's should arrive very soon to refresh the memories. :)
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfIAyahlnAQ
    Ed's preset of Throw Your Arms Around Me.

Had my damn camera auto set at 3 minutes so I missed the last 10 seconds of the song... :mad:
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    Am I missing something here? Was I at the same show the rest of you were at? I flew out from California for the last three shows of the tour and got WAY more than I bargained for from every show. At the time I didn't even realize the show was any shorter than any other and it never even crossed my mind to complain about the setlist. And that's not even taking into consideration the super high energy crowd! I met some great people, rocked my ass off, and had the time of my life! I respect your opinions, but seriously, what the fuck!?!? I'm off to read the Mansfield II reviews now and I'm really hoping all you nay-sayers turned your shitty attitudes around!

Right On! I loved this show. I loved every single show I went to. Simply because I was AT A FUCKING SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kicked my Summer into the right direction!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    finnannie wrote:
    yes it was... it was f'ckin' beautiful

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yV1rIBEDpg8

AWESOME!
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Sea wrote:
    Ed Preset: Throw Your Arms Around Me (Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters)

Set List: Hard To Imagine, Why Go, Hail Hail, Comatose, Low Light, Small Town, Corduroy, Faithfull, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Down, I'm Open, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Do The Evolution, Once, Rearviewmirror

Encore 1: Love Reign O'er Me (Townshend), Come Back, Insignificance, Black, Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)

Encore 2: No More, State Of Love And Trust, Alive

Please share your Fanviews of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Thoughts on the show......loved hearing hard to imagine, hail hail, low light, faithfull, off he goes (perfect version), i'm open, i got shit

Love Reigh O'er Me was excellent to start the first encore.........come back is great to hear live as well.

Betterman moment was awesome to be a part of.

I was left wanting more due to the curfew, but nonetheless still a very solid show.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    momofglynn wrote:
    Right On! I loved this show. I loved every single show I went to. Simply because I was AT A FUCKING SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you - that is exactly how I feel! (And I was at this one too!!)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    Thank you - that is exactly how I feel! (And I was at this one too!!)
    Yeah, I think some folks here are spoiled after seeing 30+ shows! :eek:

I've only seen them 6 times, so I cherish each show to its own uniqueness!

This one had more mellow songs but hey after a rocking Hartford show, some of us need to ease a little. :p
  • Options
    Halfway through Hard to Imagine and i'm already getting chills remembering that night