Things you just don't...."Get"

Comments

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I think in this case, guys opinions matter. Aren't men why women wear it? See, I just don't get it. I can understand if you work in TV, movies or theatre, there is a purpose to it. But to wear it to get someone's attention, I really don't understand.

I even have a hard time wearing lipstick as bothers me because I can feel it. Yup, I am limited edition alright. :lol:

For the most part, I don't think women wear makeup for men or to gain attention. A lot of women just really like makeup and trying fun and new things with it. For others, it's a way to cover up blemishes or accentuate certain features (or create features for those with light eyebrows, eyelashes, etc). For others, it boosts their confidence and they feel they're looking their very best. For most women, it's not about guys or getting attention.

I'm not a makeup kind of girl. I may wear a little bit of mascara and lip gloss, but that's about it. However, I "get" why other women do.

I get where you're coming from, though, because what I don't get is the women who pile on their makeup to go to work or the grocery store as if they're on their way to a photo shoot or a night club. Like clothing, makeup should be situational, and even then, caked on makeup isn't hot.

How to Trick People Into Thinking You're Really Good Looking

Good points. :thumbup: I do understand that others may like wearing make-up other than for attractiveness. Confidence is a good thing. :D

I will correct myself. I don't get why I don't like wearing make-up. I guess I feel too noticeable when I do. :oops:

:lol: That video was funny! I thought she was prettier before the make-up.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I don't get why when you tell someone that you don't want to talk about something because it's a personal situation, they get pissed at you. I don't get it.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    sheila0225 wrote:
    I don't get why when you tell someone that you don't want to talk about something because it's a personal situation, they get pissed at you. I don't get it.

+1
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • to take that make-up thing one step further, why women of colour or white women with dark complexions feel the need to use blush. it looks retarded. make up is supposed to enhance the colour you already have, not change it! it looks ridiculous when I see an african american or chinese woman with red cheeks and blue eye shadow. it makes you look like a clown.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • people who are unappreciative of their current situation. even the poor in north america would be considered well off in 90% of the rest of the world. every year around christmas I get very conflicted over receiving presents. I don't want any. it makes me feel guilty that I'm asking for stuff I WANT when there's people who don't get the stuff they need to remain alive.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • mankind.

the song AND the species. ;)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • organized religion.

hip hop.

racism.

homophobia.

nickelback.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    sheila0225 wrote:

+1
    if you actually say that, no reason to get mad about.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    The physics class I am running the risk of failing. The advisor that told me to take this class should promptly be FIRED!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Old, grumpy people who are doing their grocery shopping in the morning although they don't have to do anything else and could easily do it during the day when no one else is in a rush. I guess they enjoy pissing off others :lol:

As for the bald guys with beards thing - isn't it a sign of a lot of testosterone when you're balding? And the same goes for lots of facial hair. I think :think: Sooo ...

• :lol: That video was funny! I thought she was prettier before the make-up.

I find so many women prettier with less makeup. The one who immediately comes to mind is Gwen Stefani. In the music video for Underneath It All, she's wearing less and less makeup as the video progresses. She's absolutely beautiful by the end of the video.

nickelback.

+1

I just don't get it ... and I don't think I ever will.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Why people think Republicans and Democrats are two opposites sides of the spectrum.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• I find so many women prettier with less makeup.

there's a make-up commercial with Drew Barrymore in it. She looks like she has a fucking mask on she has so much foundation on, it's disgusting. I can't imagine how much she actually has on, given that the camera picks up that much.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    why some parents can't act like parents instead of kids. :evil:
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    sheila0225 wrote:

I like this one.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Why anyone would need to buy fish-shaped bread.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    :lol:
  • Excessive tatoos.....really. Sleeves with no rhyme or reason (flowers with skulls.sports teams.etc) UGLY. Hope I live long enough to see what they look like when age hits!!!
  • sheila0225 wrote:

or the ones that try to be their kid's best friend. a girl I work with, a real piece of trash, bought her son a texas mickey for his 18th birthday. she also had a christmas party at her place once. her son, 13 at the time, asked me for a sip of my beer, I said no, as he was underage, he called me a fucking bitch, and his mom LAUGHED.

he's going to end up in prison just like his rat-looking dad (who was propositioning my wife in the kitchen when I wasn't around at the same party).
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    sheila0225 wrote:

or the ones that try to be their kid's best friend. a girl I work with, a real piece of trash, bought her son a texas mickey for his 18th birthday. she also had a christmas party at her place once. her son, 13 at the time, asked me for a sip of my beer, I said no, as he was underage, he called me a fucking bitch, and his mom LAUGHED.

he's going to end up in prison just like his rat-looking dad (who was propositioning my wife in the kitchen when I wasn't around at the same party).
    what's a texas mickey?
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    1. The love for Glee and Two and a Half Men (We get it, Charlie Sheen loves himself and women are crazy about him and he treats them like objects, very funny HA HA HA HA not! :roll: )
    2. The saying "Keep your nose clean" :?
    3. Techno music/Dance music (to me this is just noise that my 1 year old could probably come up with)
    4. Why aren't old folks entitled to some heavy discounts on their electricity during Summer, some of these poor folks are keeling over because they are too scared to run their appliances.
    5. Dog registrations, if cats aren't registered and you already have them microchipped?????
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
    sheila0225 wrote:

Wow! What a class act for parents. Some never learn.
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    81 wrote:
    why people walk in the street when there is a perfectly good sidewalk?

I think you read my mind on this one. I'm out around town a lot for work, and I see this all the time.I mean I know they have the right of way and all, but they don't even try and move out of the way. And forget about it when it snows, nobody plowed the sidewalk but the streets are clear so thats where I'm walking!
    EmBleve wrote:

I just don't get it. :D .........they make fish shaped bread. Now I know

I think this is working, we all helping each other understand!
  • Why anyone would need to buy fish-shaped bread.

You mean you can buy bread that isn't shaped like fish?

;)
    mankind.

the song AND the species. ;)

Me neither, myself included.

I don't get why I sometimes do what I don't get when others do the same thing

And as a species, I don't get why we feel offended sometimes when people disagree with us, like its personal.

And I also don't get why its cool to be asshole, I mean show a little bit of compassion and some people think that's a sign of weakness.

And on to a different topic.....why when there's an accident on one side of the highway, everyone on the other side slows down. I could go on, but I'm done for now...
  • 81 wrote:

I've definitely been guilty of this as a kid/teenager.

I wouldn't walk in the street in the city or on busy roads (that's just stupid :lol:), but if you've lived in suburbia/small town, you've most likely walked through residential areas on the road/along the curb at some point, especially at night.

Why? I have no idea. :lol:

I've also played hockey, catch, roller bladed, rode my bike, snowmobiled, etc. in the street. :)
    conman wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

what's a texas mickey?
    that's my question when I read this, too (is it one of those drug-things people put in other people's drinks?). AND--that story is totally outrageous! :?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

I wouldn't walk in the street in the city or on busy roads (that's just stupid :lol:), but if you've lived in suburbia/small town, you've most likely walked through residential areas on the road/along the curb at some point, especially at night.

I've also played hockey, catch, roller bladed, rode my bike, snowmobiled, etc. in the street. :)

i'll give a pass on the snow, but why not use the sidewalk when it clear out.

seems like a safter option than walking with traffic in the rain and night.

i'm becoming a grumpy old man. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i'll give a pass on the snow, but why not use the sidewalk when it clear out.

seems like a safter option than walking with traffic in the rain and night.

i'm becoming a grumpy old man. :lol:

Like I said, I have no idea why we did it, we just did. :)

Of course, now that I'm a grumpy old woman, I'm driving and shaking my fist at the young folks who do it. ;)