Things you just don't...."Get"

yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So I was out at my local eating establishment over the weekend and this group of kids came in, and they were all wearing hoodies with the hood up and it wasn't even cold. :D Is this a local thing or is it the style all over?......I just don't get it !

I also don't get skinny jeans.....wasn't that an 80s thing.

So what things that people do, or maybe some random thing that you saw someone do that you just didn't get.......and you wanted to just ask them WHY?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I don't get texting. I can see certain situations (like when you can't talk or in a room where you don't want people to hear you) where it could be useful, but I don't get people texting instead of talking. Apparently my computer doesn't understand it either, because the automatic spell check is underlining "texting" as if it isn't a real word and suggests: testing, tenting, tempting and... EXTINGUISHER???

I also don't get "Reaction Videos" on YouTube. I get funny/strange videos, but I don't get why I'm supposed to watch people watch funny/strange videos to see their reaction.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Serious People,Alpha Man/Woman, you still die some day too, learn how to breath and maybe even one day laugh. just putting it out there.
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    the love for reality tv
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    conman wrote:
    the love for reality tv
    :thumbup: :clap:
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Reading while walking during rush hour. Seriously, are you even absorbing anything?

Wearing pants that fall way under the butt with BRIEFS!! I've kinda accepted the low slung pants with the boxers hanging out even though I don't like it. But this one dude who works at my local grocery store wears these almost flesh-coloured briefs and when he bends over to put some cereal on the shelf, I feel like he's mooning me.

People who talk just a little bit too loud. I could care less what you ate for dinner last night.

People against gay marriage. If you don't like it don't do it. Doesn't mean everyone else shouldn't either.

Who gives a shit whether Lindsay Lohan is in/out of jail??? Is that really CNN worthy?

Ok, this thread is getting me very angry, I need to stop :evil:
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I don't get texting. I can see certain situations (like when you can't talk or in a room where you don't want people to hear you) where it could be useful, but I don't get people texting instead of talking. Apparently my computer doesn't understand it either, because the automatic spell check is underlining "texting" as if it isn't a real word and suggests: testing, tenting, tempting and... EXTINGUISHER???

I also don't get "Reaction Videos" on YouTube. I get funny/strange videos, but I don't get why I'm supposed to watch people watch funny/strange videos to see their reaction.

Someone I know was telling me about an article they read about kids in school having trouble in english class writing reports because they wanted to abbreviate everything because they were so use to texting. They say technology is supposed to make things easier but at the same time its making people forget how to have normal conversations with each other.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,150
    Sentences that start with" So I was...". Sorry OP :lol:.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • twitter.
    i just don't see the point.

people getting together to socialize, and then someone texts/takes call thru the evening. :evil:

enough sex.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

yellowwho wrote:

Someone I know was telling me about an article they read about kids in school having trouble in english class writing reports because they wanted to abbreviate everything because they were so use to texting. They say technology is supposed to make things easier but at the same time its making people forget how to have normal conversations with each other.
    this really pisses me off, i always see people abbreviating words on fb and when they don't abbreviate words, 9 times out of 10 their spelling is incorrect... it makes me think that technology is making us lose intelligence.

also most of people don't know when to use there, they're, and their - your, and you're properly

it's sad really

but back on topic, i don't get why people feel the need to have a smart phone if they don't actually need one...
  • fotdfotd Posts: 514
    Red Sox fans.
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    conman wrote:
    this really pisses me off, i always see people abbreviating words on fb

I love how you abbreviated the word Facebook in your sentence about how you're pissed that people abbreviate words on Facebook. :lol:
    conman wrote:
    but back on topic, i don't get why people feel the need to have a smart phone if they don't actually need one...

Some people just aren't that smart.
    _ wrote:
    conman wrote:
    this really pisses me off, i always see people abbreviating words on fb

I love how you abbreviated the word Facebook in your sentence about how you're pissed that people abbreviate words on Facebook. :lol:
    conman wrote:

Some people just aren't that smart.
    :lol: for some reason, i can't bring myself to type that word out, even though i use fb, i hate with a passion
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    i don't get how people could be content driving a shit box toyota or honda or any other economy car. (unless they're poor)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Bodybuilders being sexy - it's absolutely lost on me

Oysters/Mussels (the bodybuilder thing reminded me lol) - I've tried every variation and I just don't see the point.

The need to remake movies all the time. God forbid anybody does anything original anymore!

Lou Reed. I've tried. I'm sorry lol
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Earings that expand the ear so much that surgery will be required if they ever want the hold closed up.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Why people are so materialistic...does it makes you feel better to have a little man riding a pony on your chest? Is he your 'little buddy' or something?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Why people are so materialistic...does it makes you feel better to have a little man riding a pony on your chest? Is he your 'little buddy' or something?

Or a poster with a little rip in it.... ;):lol: Just joking Lisa, I would feel the same too! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Females.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACoFwLqr6rg
    (Titanic re-release in 3D April 2012)
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    The Kardashians - every one of them. Why does anyone even pay attention to them?
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,841
    metallica
    lil wayne and other auto tune artists
    american idol
    celebrity journalism
  • why women are so beautiful when they woke up in the morning...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Dudes who wear their pants below their ass with belts on and go out of there way to do it. Then walk like they have shit coming out of their ass just to make sure their pants stay up...even though they are falling down.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    yellowwho wrote:
    I also don't get skinny jeans.....wasn't that an 80s thing.

it's not even skinny jeans...it's friggen spandex women jeans on dudes....i don't get that...

this is like an Andy Rooney thread
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • How some people can live like animals.
    How you can allow someone to enter your home and not give them a heads up that your house is flea infested. (multiple people multiple times)

Bad day at work ...
  • I dont get why i cant listen to music and be on this pearl jam app. @ the same time on my iphone4.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    ogey38 wrote:
    The Kardashians - every one of them. Why does anyone even pay attention to them?
    +1
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I dont get why i cant listen to music and be on this pearl jam app. @ the same time on my iphone4.

i don't get the love of the iphone :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I don't get why some people cannot move on (me included)
    I mean what is it?

That person doesn't like you, you shouldn't need to know why they just don't...move on

why can't I do such and such on the computer, "why not?" "because it doesn't do that" Well that's
    stupid blah blah blah blah...let it go move on.

Again I'll state I do the same thing, I just don't get why.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • 81 wrote:
    I dont get why i cant listen to music and be on this pearl jam app. @ the same time on my iphone4.

i don't get the love of the iphone :lol:

:lol: agreed :lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."