**St. John's 9/24 Fanviews Here**

Comments

• swardsward Posts: 586
    Red Lukin wrote:
    My girlfriend was able to get the set list from this show, and we ran into a few band members, as well as Eddie's wife and daughter in St. John's.

We just got home from the trip and will post pictures later. What an amazing experience; from the pub crawl, the bars (Gorge Street is wicked), the landscape, and of course the people. Amazing!

Hey there...I think I met you and your girlfriend at the concert. I was the guy that had the shirt on that EV wanted/liked ;0)

Glad you had a great time and frame that setlist.

You guys were really cool

Later.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    sward wrote:
    Hey there...I think I met you and your girlfriend at the concert. I was the guy that had the shirt on that EV wanted/liked ;0)

Glad you had a great time and frame that setlist.

You guys were really cool

Later.

oh ya, the corded type shirt/jacket...that was a cool story, although I have to say that you should have gave Ed what he wanted; you never know if he would have given you a backstage pass or something : )...jk, i would have probably been the same way, especially at first thought

i think i ran into you a few times...it was wierd in St. John's how many times I ran into the same people over and over

Everyone including yourself were pretty cool; I so wish the weekend never ended
  • So many people met the band members in St John's, it's crazy! My husband and I saw Jeff shopping - he was alone but talking to 3 fans and I froze, I didn't know what to do. Finally we just said Hi Jeff and waved and he looked over, gave us the hugest smile and yelled Hi guys! as if he'd known us forever. Completely made my year. I know, doesn't take much. :o
  • Yeah, there were so many sightings of the band around town.
    I really wish I saw Eddie though.
    I saw Boom and Matt. Got a picture taken, autograph, chatted a bit, etc. So I can't complain there though.

And also the stories floating around about that girl he had on stage and her boyfriend and what not. I talked to a few people after who knew one of the three people involved (old/new girlfriend and that boyfriend of course). I guess Eddie didn't realize how fast news spread around here..hah

What a weekend though!!
    "Live from St. John's it Saturday Night!!!"
    -Eddie Vedder

9/24/05 - St. John's
    9/25/05 - St. John's
  • V V wrote:
    ok i checked it and for some odd reason they call themselvies The English Beat on US release. Here in UK, name The Beat...i remember them in the charts as a kid, "Mirror in the bathroom" was their bigest hit here......... check this and i agree their did some good songs

http://www.thebeatuk.com/discography.html

There was already a band named The Beat in the states, so they couldn't use that name in the US.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
    Red Lukin wrote:
    oh ya, the corded type shirt/jacket...that was a cool story, although I have to say that you should have gave Ed what he wanted; you never know if he would have given you a backstage pass or something : )...jk, i would have probably been the same way, especially at first thought

i think i ran into you a few times...it was wierd in St. John's how many times I ran into the same people over and over

Everyone including yourself were pretty cool; I so wish the weekend never ended

Yeah...I wish it didnt end either..although I must say I am a little tired out! hahah...getting old? Well....might get a chance to see em again next year if they tour around the album! THat said, I got a little spoiled with my 8th and 12th row seats!
  • sward wrote:
    Yeah...I wish it didnt end either..although I must say I am a little tired out! hahah...getting old? Well....might get a chance to see em again next year if they tour around the album! THat said, I got a little spoiled with my 8th and 12th row seats!
    Which show did you have 8th row? Actually you probably already said, I should just read back...

I was 8th in Halifax, just wondering if you were beside me or anything.

(PS 9th for SJ1, 7th for SJ2 - yeah I'm now completely spoiled and can never go to a big city to see them ;))
    Which show did you have 8th row? Actually you probably already said, I should just read back...

I was 8th in Halifax, just wondering if you were beside me or anything.

(PS 9th for SJ1, 7th for SJ2 - yeah I'm now completely spoiled and can never go to a big city to see them ;))

I was 12th row Mike's side...towards the center (seat 14 I think)...awesome view..no one in front of me...except they kept getting in me cause my foot was going over the white line..kind of silly.

In St.John's night one..I had Row 8..Stone Side..like seat 34 or 35..something like that. Another amazing view as no one ahead of me was taller! hahha..which says a lot since I am only 5'9. hehhe.
  • sward wrote:
    I was 12th row Mike's side...towards the center (seat 14 I think)...awesome view..no one in front of me...except they kept getting in me cause my foot was going over the white line..kind of silly.

In St.John's night one..I had Row 8..Stone Side..like seat 34 or 35..something like that. Another amazing view as no one ahead of me was taller! hahha..which says a lot since I am only 5'9. hehhe.

I was probably right behind you for SJ1 then - I was row 9 forget the exact seat numbers but 34 or 35 sounds right. Was there 2 girls in front of you, one blond & one with big curly red hair? They were 2 rows in front of me, just remember them b/c of the big curly hair.
    I was probably right behind you for SJ1 then - I was row 9 forget the exact seat numbers but 34 or 35 sounds right. Was there 2 girls in front of you, one blond & one with big curly red hair? They were 2 rows in front of me, just remember them b/c of the big curly hair.

Yeah...you were almost right behind me...the 2 girls were like 3 people down in the row ahead of me. Should have worn your screen name on your shirt. Hahhaha!!

I think I had 5 or 6 people to the left of me. It was a pretty good row!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    being in St. John's I had the closest seats ever for seeing PJ...i wouldnt say I am spoiled as I didnt use my TC# for night 1...i ended up having 3rd and 5th row for the weekend...i think the spoiled ones are the ones who get great seats night after night...it would be nice to have hometown senority, as I think all fans should be able to experience being close on the floor at least once.
    Red Lukin wrote:
    being in St. John's I had the closest seats ever for seeing PJ...i wouldnt say I am spoiled as I didnt use my TC# for night 1...i ended up having 3rd and 5th row for the weekend...i think the spoiled ones are the ones who get great seats night after night...it would be nice to have hometown senority, as I think all fans should be able to experience being close on the floor at least once.

Yeah..I'd love to see the hometown thing happen. I'll still love seeing them in places like Montreal..but now that I've had a taste of the good life, I'd be sad if I didn't get to be close like that again..but..at least I got it a couple of times.
  • sward wrote:
    Yeah...you were almost right behind me...the 2 girls were like 3 people down in the row ahead of me. Should have worn your screen name on your shirt. Hahhaha!!

I think I had 5 or 6 people to the left of me. It was a pretty good row!
    :D I thought of that - even if I recognize someone from a picture here or something (which I didn't), what am I gonna say "hey are you sward? I'm SweetRelief, do you recognize that name at all?" :p

They *were* great seats...unfortunately I got extremely dehydrated and crashed half way through the night, after that I just watched without being able to sing or scream or do my crazy dance.

Ah well, made up for lost time during night 2. Eddie actually watched me go nuts for a minute and laughed at me. :D Good times!
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    So many people met the band members in St John's, it's crazy! My husband and I saw Jeff shopping - he was alone but talking to 3 fans and I froze, I didn't know what to do. Finally we just said Hi Jeff and waved and he looked over, gave us the hugest smile and yelled Hi guys! as if he'd known us forever. Completely made my year. I know, doesn't take much. :o

:eek:

Would have made my LIFE :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • I guess i was unlucky. I went downtown a few times to see if i could see them out around. But no luck. I walked through the delta a couple of times and went up to the executive suite area in the new wing where they were supposed to be staying, but no luck. I didn't want to seem like a stalker or something so i didn't hang around or anything, just quickly walked around to see if they were out and about in the hotel. If/when they come back, i'll have to be more agressive or something and be sure that i meet them!
    "I'm gonna save you fucker, not gonna lose you!"
  • I didn't see them either. I wasn't in the right place at the right time!
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
    dbrinston wrote:
    I guess i was unlucky. I went downtown a few times to see if i could see them out around. But no luck. I walked through the delta a couple of times and went up to the executive suite area in the new wing where they were supposed to be staying, but no luck. I didn't want to seem like a stalker or something so i didn't hang around or anything, just quickly walked around to see if they were out and about in the hotel. If/when they come back, i'll have to be more agressive or something and be sure that i meet them!

I met them all at the Delta. My friends and I decided to grab a beer at the pub/restaurant in the hotel and we sat out on the little patio area they have inside (by the elevators)...sure enough...we got to meet them all
  • sward wrote:
    I met them all at the Delta. My friends and I decided to grab a beer at the pub/restaurant in the hotel and we sat out on the little patio area they have inside (by the elevators)...sure enough...we got to meet them all

No way! Damn it! I know where you're talking about. I stayed around there too for a little bit, but not long.....obviously not long enough.

What day was that?
    dbrinston wrote:
    No way! Damn it! I know where you're talking about. I stayed around there too for a little bit, but not long.....obviously not long enough.

What day was that?

It was on the Saturday. We weren't even there that long..and didn't expect to run into any of the band...but we got a chuckle because we saw people walking the halls looking for the guys and when these people went up the elevator, out walks Eddie Vedder....after we met him and he walked out, the elevator opened up and the people came out with no idea what they missed. I didn't have the heart to tell them. A little luck goes a looooooong way! Haha

Edit: Meant to mention that it was around 3:30 - 4 that we saw them (on the way to soundcheck)
  • sward wrote:
    It was on the Saturday. We weren't even there that long..and didn't expect to run into any of the band...but we got a chuckle because we saw people walking the halls looking for the guys and when these people went up the elevator, out walks Eddie Vedder....after we met him and he walked out, the elevator opened up and the people came out with no idea what they missed. I didn't have the heart to tell them. A little luck goes a looooooong way! Haha

Edit: Meant to mention that it was around 3:30 - 4 that we saw them (on the way to soundcheck)

I was probably one of the fools that went up the elevator when Eddie came out. Just my luck!
  • meme wrote:
    :eek:

Would have made my LIFE :)
    ...well yeah, that too...;)
  • Probably one of the greatest experiences of my life. It was really phenomenal.
  • ramborambo Posts: 170
    sweet ass...
    st. john's newfoundland, sept 24/2005
    st. john's newfoundland, sept. 25/2005
  • oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    thanks kleh.. some kind of memories!!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    no prob =)

for a better view click the 'all sizes' button above each pic
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    way to bump this back up. damn i miss that weekend! what an amazing two shows.
  • I'll never forget that weekend man. I listen to the show all the time, by the way. Some really great moments throughout; My favs being Eddies lyric change in 'Do the Evolution', "Live from St. John's, It's Saturday Night" and 'Present Tense'.

Just incredible and now all I can really think about is seeing them again. I must see them again. The only problem is they'll likely never come back here. I hope to be in Vancouver very soon though so, I'll have a much better chance of seeing them there. Still, it won't ever compare to the Newfoundland Pearl Jam Experience and I'd die to have it happen again.
    Visit my Blog : Understanding Eli
    http://eliharris.blogspot.com

>>St. John's, Newfoundland, 09/24/05 & 09/25/05<<
    one year ago today! time flies