**St. John's 9/24 Fanviews Here**

SeaSea Posts: 3,014
edited September 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
Opening band: Wintersleep

Set list: Can't Keep, Go, Even Flow, Animal, Corduroy, Nothing As It Seems, Given To Fly, Grievance, Daughter/(Bad by U2/"hey ho, let it go"/WMA), Lukin, U, Present Tense, Don't Gimme No Lip (Stone lead vocals), Better Man/(Save It For Later by English Beat), Porch (slow tempo intro/short version), Save You

1st encore: Thumbing My Way, I Am Mine, Small Town, Black, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Whipping, Do The Evolution, Spin The Black Circle, Last Kiss, Leaving Here(before song Ed tells story about girl getting tickets and invites her up on stage), Alive, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thanks for that! My first PJ show, I thought it was really great... what's the general opinion though?
  • My first as well, hopefully not my last. Holy fucking shit that rocked. Sorry for swearing but its beyond other words.
  • I almost soiled myself... Fucking amazing show... my first one too, hopefully the first of many... The best was when Ed climbed the rope ladder... he was trashed, falling all over the place... crazy Vedder! Awesome show!!
    "If you love somebody, set them free... If someone loves you, don't fuck up." - E.V.
  • I'll never get over that show...it was abosolutly amazing

a perfect set list. I coulnd't have asked for much better

Black followed by rearviewmirror....nothing will ever beat that feeling
    September 24th 2005
    September 25th 2005

I Am Mine-Small Town-Black-RVM
  • Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

"A Thousand Ports of light For the Newfoundland...Theres a Kinder gentler American Band"...EV 25/09/05
  • SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    GummiBeer wrote:

I like the idea of smashing all the posters into one...very cool :)
    ---Colin
  • Swordo wrote:
    I like the idea of smashing all the posters into one...very cool :)
    ---Colin
    holmdel, nj was like that in 2003. very cool.
  • the link is working for me
    Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

"A Thousand Ports of light For the Newfoundland...Theres a Kinder gentler American Band"...EV 25/09/05
  • my first show and all I have to say is; WOW!
    and to think I get to do it all over again tomorrow!hah

all the songs were fantastic. even Eddie forgetting how to play Leaving Here, probably cause he was real loaded..hah

and when they played Black (and Eldery Woman before that) I almost lost it!!!

just..wow!

tomorrow I hope there will be some: most of all Wish List, then maybe Red Mosquito, Love Boat Captain, Long Road, In Hiding, Rockin' in the Free World, Faithful, or State of Love and Trust...hell, whatever they play I'll love it!
    "Live from St. John's it Saturday Night!!!"
    -Eddie Vedder

9/24/05 - St. John's
    9/25/05 - St. John's
  • Leaving Here,Alive, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

could ya close out a show better???

to bad i wasnt there
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • any other ways to post a picture?
    Montreal 2003. Halifax 2005. EV Montreal 2008. Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011 1 & 2 London 2013. Quebec City 2016. Ottawa 2016
    Fenway 2016 1 & 2
  • Of all the shows I have been to, this was the most fun. Super high energy setlist, high energy crowd. They were quite loud for the size of the venue. I am surprised Ed didn't let us sing alone more. I had the best view of the stage so far (front row, in front of Mike and Jeff) and I will never forget it. Unbelievable. The whole day is one to remember. Walked by Jeff this afternoon and I have setlists for the encore from Mike....

This is definitely a bootleg you're gonna want. I can't wait to hear it again. Seems like the band really had fun tonight. They seemed to be smiling a little more than usual.

Thanks guys for a truly unforgettable night! If only I could have got one of those tamborines.............
    The in-between is mine....
  • rjwhite19 wrote:
    any other ways to post a picture?

Same here I cant see the poster, it sais Can not find erver :(
  • Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

• Wow.....Is all i have to say...Truly Amazing show....Wonder how eddie's ass is gonna be after that fall :p Quite drunk seemed like..but when they did Teenage Wasteland...That was Amazing!!!

-Tobin
  • Tobin wrote:
    Wow.....Is all i have to say...Truly Amazing show....Wonder how eddie's ass is gonna be after that fall :p Quite drunk seemed like..but when they did Teenage Wasteland...That was Amazing!!!

-Tobin
    If i had to know you were there tonight...i could of used ya as a relayer...ya goin tomorrow night?
    Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

• my first show and all I have to say is; WOW!
    and to think I get to do it all over again tomorrow!hah

all the songs were fantastic. even Eddie forgetting how to play Leaving Here, probably cause he was real loaded..hah

and when they played Black (and Eldery Woman before that) I almost lost it!!!

just..wow!

tomorrow I hope there will be some: Red Mosquito, In Hiding, Rockin' in the Free World, Faithful, or State of Love and Trust...hell, whatever they play I'll love it!

wow. i'm really glad you had such a great time at your first PJ show, dude. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better for you guys. Have one for me, will ya? Cheers, newfoundlanders.

P.S. : How was Wintersleep?
    "Never again will we be men
    if our eyes empty themselves of their memory"

Literal translation of a few lines from one of my favourite poems by Gaston Miron
  • That was the most intense show EVER! I dont think I could have picked a better setlist myself!! The second encore was so intense... they rocked the place!! Ed wasn't too talkative to start, but after a few tunes, he seemed like he was loving it! And I couldnt believe it when he climbed the rafters... they really went back to some old school PJ!! Got some absoluetly amazing pictures too... post them soon!! This is definetly a bootleg everyone is going to want... scratch that, everyone NEEDS to have... whether they were there or not! I really think it was the best set list of the tour. Can't wait to see what they've got in store for us tomorrow night. See you all there! By the way... anyone know why they had an opening band after???
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    look at all the newbies from newfie! awesome. glad you guys got not 1 show but 2.

wish i could be there, and hope to pay newfoundland a visit one day. my great-grandparents lived there before coming to boston.
  • Leaving Here,Alive, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

could ya close out a show better???

to bad i wasnt there

yeah they could definately find a better way to close a show--

looks like the people at the show tonight were easy to please-- a lot of people would say this what somewhat of a generic set.. glad to see everyone enjoyed it so much

tomorrow's set will be better
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • looks like the people at the show tonight were easy to please

hell, a lot of us were just pleased to have Pearl Jam in the same building..hah
    "Live from St. John's it Saturday Night!!!"
    -Eddie Vedder

9/24/05 - St. John's
    9/25/05 - St. John's
  • Show was f*cking RETARDED! The mess ups on "Leaving Here" were hilarious and just made the song that much better! I can't wait until tomorrow. 3rd row center. GOTTA hear Brain of J and Off He Goes.

By the way, for those of you who took pictures, how did you go about smuggling in the camera? I'm thinking of just stuffing it in the crotch area.
  • yeah they could definately find a better way to close a show--

looks like the people at the show tonight were easy to please-- a lot of people would say this what somewhat of a generic set.. glad to see everyone enjoyed it so much

here's hoping.
    i would say, so far ...
    the best thing about St. John's has been
    1. the people i've met
    2. the insane number of band sighting stories generated by it
    3. the show
    4. the setlist

in that order.
    there, did i state my feelings without being insensitive?

blahblahblah
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Yeah...vedd...st.John's don't get many major concerts, Hence Pearl Jam selling out two shows in a little more than an hour. This set list was a list for the masses..it was a great set list...but not one of pj's best...it was just appealling to everyone
    Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

• yeah they could definately find a better way to close a show--

I think that was a rhetorical question. Sounds to me like he loved the way they closed off the show.

I agree with you though, about it being a generic set. I thought the same thing after the show. Nevertheless, it was the definition of kickass!! Hopefully tomorrows setlist will be more diverse. Personally, I can go without hearing Daughter and Small Town again.
  • GummiBeer wrote:
    Yeah...vedd...st.John's don't get many major concerts, Hence Pearl Jam selling out two shows in a little more than an hour. This set list was a list for the masses..it was a great set list...but not one of pj's best...it was just appealling to everyone

What do you think tomorrows set list will be like??? Do you think they will still play some of the same songs or will it be mostly completely different?
  • Nick 46&2 wrote:
    What do you think tomorrows set list will be like??? Do you think they will still play some of the same songs or will it be mostly completely different?

they will play a few of the same songs.. bman,eflow,saveyou,smalltown, daughter possibly

bet you will get some good ones so be ready for a great set
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • My first Pearl Jam show too, and let me say ... after all these years of waiting, it was beyond by insane expectations. 7th Fucking ROW!!!

The band really seemed to be loving it and the last fucking encore was sick. When they went into Whipping I swear to God I lost my shit.

Present Tense was another highlight. Vedder and McCready alone under the spotlight was something you had to see to believe. And speaking of vedder, he is singing better than I have ever heard him! TMW, EWBACIASM, and I am Mine really showed his vocals over the beauty acoustics.

Black was fucking intense, with an ending I never heard before. It seemed like Mike stopped but Matt kept on playing, then Eddie did this part part about how he's happy that it's over (referring to his former love). It was unbelievable.

And how cool was Can't Keep as an opener? The first PJ song I heard live! It sounds SO good! As soon as Matts drums hit I knew I was in Heaven.

When Eddie climbed the rafters during Last Kiss, it reminded be from back in the day. Their energy was just as intense, running, jumping and literlly falling all over the place!

Greivance also kicked major fucking ass! I was around a bunch of Jammers belting out the words to every song, it was surreal. And DON"T GIMMIE NO LIP! I asked Matt last night if they we're gonna play it, and he said they'll see what they can do! FUCK YEAH!

Greatest night of my life fellas. Absolutely amazing. And the best part is I get to do it again tomorrow night!

I'm betting on Blood, Jeremy etc ... but come Undone, Rival, In Hiding ... fuck i'll take anything!

U rocked tonight too! FUCK YEAH!
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.
  • Show was f*cking RETARDED! The mess ups on "Leaving Here" were hilarious and just made the song that much better! I can't wait until tomorrow. 3rd row center. GOTTA hear Brain of J and Off He Goes.

By the way, for those of you who took pictures, how did you go about smuggling in the camera? I'm thinking of just stuffing it in the crotch area.

Camaras are aloud in.
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.