**10/1 Borgata Fanviews Here**

Comments

• I have never been as jealous of not being at a PJ show as I am after reading that Ace Frehley played with them. He was my childhood guitar hero and one of my most prized concert mementos is a pick of his from the Kiss reunion tour. Can't wait to hear the boot.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Anybody got the new song? Please please please PM me if you do.:)

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    Sea wrote:
    Ed solo: Atlantic City (by Bruce Springsteen)

Set list: Present Tense, Save You, Insignificance, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Leatherman, Immortality, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl by Sleater Kinney), Wishlist, Don't Gimme No Lip, Breath, State of Love and Trust, Porch

1st encore: Gone (new song), Bee Girl, Harvest Moon by Neil Young, Nothingman, Once, Alive

2nd encore: Spin The Black Circle, Glorified G, U, Leaving Here, Rockin' in the Free World (by Neil Young)

Ah! I knew they would play Atlantic City... can't wait to hear it somehow :)

Great setlist... ah... I wish I could do all dates ... sigh :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Man, what a fucking setlist...I'm insanely jealous. Can't wait to hear this new song, the way I see it they'll be playing 'em all by January '06 next year when they tour Australia :D

By the way...the cover of 'Mother' in the SK setlist that someone mentioned...is that 'Mother' as in the Pink Floyd song off The Wall? If so, that's awesome :D
    the needle & the damage done
  • PJPAT wrote:
    Great to get a confirmation.

What a tease on Leash. Funny but not funny at the same time. They will play it at the HOB in Chicago for sure.

Pearl Jam FkN ROCK!![/quote
    Oh yeah! They can put it together in time for Philadelphia for sure!
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • MineAmIMineAmI Posts: 114
    Man, what a fucking setlist...I'm insanely jealous. Can't wait to hear this new song, the way I see it they'll be playing 'em all by January '06 next year when they tour Australia :D

By the way...the cover of 'Mother' in the SK setlist that someone mentioned...is that 'Mother' as in the Pink Floyd song off The Wall? If so, that's awesome :D

no, it's 'Mother' by Danzig...they played it with Mike in Canada a few times
    we were but stones....your light made us stars
  • This is toooooo sweet!! I am jealous!!! I'm glad everyone had a great time!
    Some people have drugs... I have Pearl Jam.

www.facebook.com/pearlgirlstudio
    Twitter: @pearlgirlstudio
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    could we possibly have a free download treat for the new song because i and a lot of other people want to fucking hear it?
    man i hope you never want to run a business.

lets give away our only money maker

real smart
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • fuckin right, new song!!! How did it sound?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BinOttawa/featured
    Sometimes I see a strange spot in the sky, a human being that was Given To Fly
  • Hearing Gone was truly amazing. Just Ed by himself telling us that they've been keeping all of their new stuff pretty much underwraps, but he wanted to share this new song he just wrote. It was just Ed solo andyou could just feel the song. It was a moment words can't jsutify describing.

-->I don't suppose anyone would have the lyrics for the new song? Major theme? or sound even?
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    *Heather* wrote:
    Hearing Gone was truly amazing. Just Ed by himself telling us that they've been keeping all of their new stuff pretty much underwraps, but he wanted to share this new song he just wrote. It was just Ed solo andyou could just feel the song. It was a moment words can't jsutify describing.

-->I don't suppose anyone would have the lyrics for the new song? Major theme? or sound even?

these lyrics came from RM and are a "rough approximation"...I have not confirmed the accuracy of the lyircs yet.

No more upset mornings
    No more trying evenings
    It’s the American dream I have, it’s believing.
    When the gas in my tank feels like money in the bank
    I’m gonna blow it all this time, take me one last ride.
    The lights of the city, they only look good when I’m speeding
    I wanna leave em all behind me because this time I’m gone
    Gone, going for it all this time, gone.
    In the far off distance
    As my taillights fade
    No one ??? to witness but they will someday
    Feel like a question is forming
    And the answers ???
    I will be what I could be
    Once I get out of this town.
    The lights of this city
    They’ve lost all of their feeling
    I wanna leave em all behind me because this time I’m gone
    Gone, going for it all, this time I’m gone
    Nothing is everything
    I’ll have it all
    If nothing is everything then I will have it all.
    I’m gone.
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Ok - it's Sunday - ears still ringing - downloading the show.

I have to start with a story. I got my younger brother, he's 20, into Pearl Jam and had been trying to get him a ticket for the show with no success. After reading this board, I thought he might have a chance to get a ticket at the show, so we went down. To make a long story short, we ended up next to a bunch of cool people in line and a guy ended up selling my bro a ticket after quizzing us both on Pearl Jam and really being a good sport about it. It was really an awesome thing to do and even though his name slips my mind (and I do feel horrible about that) I really appreciate it and I know my brother does too. I can't imagine a better first concert for him to go to.

Secondly, I'd just like to state how awesome the crowd was. I was expecting to be pushed around all night with idiots trying to shove their way forward and basically not being able to fully enjoy the show. I couldn't have been more wrong. Everybody was extremely respectful and let each other have their own little personal space to hop around in. I was with my brother and a bunch of people we talked to on line and met inside and we all looked out for each other and made sure everyone was cool. So thanks to EVERYONE for allowing this to be a great show. Honestly.

Anyway, Ed coming out and doing Atlantic City was incredible. I'm from NJ, so anytime I can hear Ed doing a Springsteen song, I really appreciate it. Knowing how much the Boss's music means to him makes it a little more special, because you know he wants to do a good job and he did. It was great and I can't wait to get my hands on it somehow to listen to again.

Now, I wasn't the biggest S-K fan, but I got really into their set, and actually have a couple of their songs in my head. They were rocking. When Mike, Jeff, and Matt came out for some Danzig the crowd went nuts for it. I'm pretty sure it was Jeff in the wig, and that was top notch. Top it off with Ed covering Promised Land with them, and it might be my favorite opening act to a show ever.

As for Pearl Jam, I mean they rocked. Highlights have to be of course the new song which Ed said he wrote 2 nights ago while looking out over the city and practicing Atlantic City. Matt Cameron's drum solo at the end of Immortality was intense, especially with the spotlight on him how it was. Ed teased Leash and I haven't listened to the bootleg yet, but the crowd was really giving him the chant of 'DROP-THE-LEASH' to which he would just hold his hand to his ear like he couldn't hear us. As Ed put it, we were treated to the 'vocal stylings' of Stone on Don't Gimmie No Lip. Whoever wrote it earlier was right, the crowd took over the whole first verse of Porch and Ed just got to sit back and take it in. Ed called for any couple who was married in the last day to raise their hands after that took a while he said "This is one of my worst ideas ever" but eventually got a couple onstage to dance with each other while the band performed Harvest Moon for them. I was a really nice scene. I also enjoyed seeing Leaving Here and Immortality live for the first time. I remember really liking the solos in Leaving Here too.

Stone announced that they had a very sepcial guest, Ace Frehley. They said if it wasn't for him Mike might have never picked out a guitar. He really tore up the guitar solos in RITFW and you could see they guys were loving it. Towards the end Mike was worshipping him and bowing. It was a pretty kick ass closer.

Bring on Monday.
  • murph83murph83 Posts: 122
    wow!! that is an amazing setlist. can't wait to hear the new song!
  • TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 473
    Back home in Chicagoland!

What an amazing weekend!
    The entire preshow was amazing-
    Ed Singing Atlantic City
    Matt playing tambourine during one of SK's songs
    Mike, Matt, and Jeff playing "Mother"
    Ed singing Promised Land-

This was all before their actual set!

I did see a setlist after and they changed it up a lot!
    Smile, Corduroy, Betterman, Footsteps and Bushleaguer were all on the original setlist!

Other Highlights-
    Both Friday and Saturday Mike had lunch at "The Metropolitan" right next to place where everyone had been waiting in line all day- He walked through signed a few autographs, waved to the cheering crowd, and put his arms in the air while going up the escalator which was right in front of the line. What a class act guy!

We saw Ace in "The Metropolitan" late night after the show Sunday early AM.
    (Only place open for food late night)

Cheers to Brian for hooking up our little area in line with food and wine during that brutle all day wait to get in... Both days!

See you at the HOB wed-nes-day!

TL
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    WHAT A NIGHT!!!

Got in line late, 3:30ish,and immediately fell in with awesome members of the Jamily I'd run into in Canada.This plus taking my buddy to his first PJ show really set a great mood for the next 9 hours.It only got better, man. " Hearing "Promised Land " during soundcheck was awesome. I didn't think anything would top Ed's passionate ,poignant "No Surrender" pre-show.Wrong.Atlantic City may just have been the best one and done pre-show I've heard.

Sleater-Kinney ROCKED."The Woods" is simply a punch in the gut coupled with a kick in the a**. Great to hear the songs live over the last month. Matt's tambourine accompaniment on one song started the parade of guest appearances. Modern Girl was incredible. Jeff, Matt, and Mike helping out on Danzig's "Mother"...better than the versions done in Canada..., and Ed's work on "Promised Land" were off-the-hook and were precursors of an amazing evening.THE WIG? There are no words. Coupled with a Misfit-esque skeleton t, Jeff looked and sounded the part.Later, I was only too happy to have the opportunity to thank S-K when I saw them near the escalators after the nights festivities wrapped up.

S-K handed off to Pearl Jam and the night only exploded from there. Quite possibly the greatest PJ show I've ever seen. Present Tense was amazing! The perfect opener. What followed was a smorgasbord "For the serious collector". Too many faves to name em all. Insignificance,Dissident, Even Flow ...off the hook..,Leatherman,Immortality, Don't Gimme No Lip(STONE!!!!)Breath,SOLAT,and that's just the partial. GONE!! NEW SONG!! Absolutely beautiful. Just hope it gets plenty of future airings.Ed alone,on accoustic, is a Holy S*** moment,but this was way beyond that. Following up with Bee Girl,Ed and Jeff, and the aforesaid Harvest Moon really made an intimate show more intimate.And set the stage for Alive and a jaw-dropping second encore.Talk about tempo change.This show was perfection..like rock n roll's version of The Sistine Chapel. Last, Ace Frehley's appearance , and the crowds reaction to it and his awesome solos were ...words fail.The ovation and kind words I saw directed to Ace when he and his party went to the same Borgata restaurant I was in after the show told the tale.

The perfect night and the perfect show heading into tomorrow. Monday can't get here fast enough.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • this shoulds be a bitch free set list.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    WOW!! This show sounds amazing! I downloaded the boot and I am loving it! Wish I could have been there!! Looks like one of the best shows of this tour!
  • MineAmIMineAmI Posts: 114
    KICKASS version of insignificance. much better than 2003
    we were but stones....your light made us stars
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Well I'm finally back from AC and what can I say but wow!! The band was incredible last night and the set list just flowed. Hearing Breath and Bee Girl what an experience but then having Ed sit there all alone playing the new song was amazing... You could hear a pin drop in the place.

The Leash tease kinda sucked but here's hoping for Philly. What can I say but an amazing night in an amazing venue.. think I might have to download the boot now and experience it al over again.

And hello to everyone I met last night.. hope to see you all tomorrow afternoon in Philly!!!
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    I know a bunch of people have already said this, but, I also had a chance to meet McCready.

Looking around for a bathroom, I walk up to a security guard and offer him $20 if he will take me to the security bathroom. He takes my buddy and I down this long corridor, we use the john, and sure enough we see a "VIP" room. As I am peeking into the room, my buddy goes "Dude- McCready is coming down the hall with a strat in his hand."
    Sure enough, I stop say hello, thanks for playing the east coast, love you man blah blah blah, then I asked if it was ok to get a picture.

What a totally cool and gracious guy. The pic was on a camera phone, so it kinda sucks, but I will try to post a link.

GREAT show, great setlist, great crowd.

AC is a dump and I dont plan on going back.
  • Somehow made it back to Boston after last nights show. My 9th time seeing them and last night was an incredible show. Sound system was amazing. I have never seen the band just jam out as much as last night. So crisp on just about everysong. Present Tense (surprise opener),Insignificance, Immortality, Once, & Alive were outstanding. The highlight for me was the Breath/SOLAT/Porch sequence. Porch had the crowd in a frenzy with Eddie even teasing a stage dive or two.
    One of the best versions of Nothingman I have heard. Everysong was tight. Just ridiculous show.

Eddie was f'n around with the crowd so much about Leash, that I was convinced they were going to break it out at the end.

On a side note, I feel bad because it appears there were many unused tix in the riser seats. I know that there were many many hardcore fans who would have appreciated the opportunity use them.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Holy sheep shit.....that set list looks amazing and the reviews sound like it was unbelievable! How about the new song that Ed wrote 2 days ago??? How cool is that?!?!?!? So they are still keeping the new stuff private....unless Ed just wrote it on the road....good idea! I just may have to download this one. :D Thanks everyone for their colorful reviews.

Go Seahawks!
  • bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    well you might as well download it (Gone) because according to TSIS, it won't be on the new album.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
    bigbadbill wrote:
    well you might as well download it (Gone) because according to TSIS, it won't be on the new album.
    Yeah, I made the assumption too that it isn't new album material....being Ed just wrote it....but really....you never know.....it could be a b-side. Oh and....what the hell does TSIS know??? That is just a fan site....no inside connections.
    Just downloaded this....I have the Seahawks gane on pause and am listening to Present Tense and have the chills.......DAMN!!!!
  • Any update on those vids?

Also, did anyone happen to record Eddie's pre-set song? I thought it was pretty moving...
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I Have No Voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What A Fucking Great 2 Nights!!

The Crowd Was Nuts The Venue Was Nuts Def 2 Shows For The Ages!!!! Hope They Do It Again!!
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    It's like 16 hours since we left the show and I still can't find the right words to describe it. The band was on, the crowd was on, and it was just utterly amazing- in the true sense of the word. I was a little nervous after Friday night (lackluster, *in my opinion* setlist, coupled with idiots next to me) but Saturday surpassed my ridiculously high expectations.

My sincerest apologies to those sitting around me- I lost my shit at the start of nearly every song.

I don't know who of you I met down in AC, my roomate and I were the ones in the homemade song request tshirts- I had Soldier of Love for Friday night and Breath for Sat night; she had In Hiding. Thanks for making it so much fun. We'll see you in 06!
    take your money and your drugs.
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    i just woke up from last night and wow! what happened!!!

leaving here was absolutely amazing and i apologize to anyone around me whos drink i spilled during the show =)

breath was awesome and i was so surprised to hear bee girl!!!!

had a great view of everything, right up at the rail right near mike!! thanks to vedderwood and solat13 for saving me a spot up there!! mike coming over to play his solos was great!!! the crowd was pretty good too, didnt experience any pushing etc!!!

i have my hopes up for leash tomorrow night after the way he teased us yesterday!!!

luckily i still have my voice so watch out for tomorrow!!!! cant wait!!!!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • phungiphungi Posts: 640
    shell bell wrote:
    this shoulds be a bitch free set list.

way too many vowels in the song names! what a rip-off! consonents rule!
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)