Options

**10/1 Borgata Fanviews Here**

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
edited February 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Ed solo: Atlantic City (by Bruce Springsteen)

Set list: Present Tense, Do The Evolution, Save You, Insignificance, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Leatherman, Immortality, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl by Sleater Kinney), Wishlist, Don't Gimme No Lip, Breath, State of Love and Trust, Porch

1st encore: Gone (new song), Bee Girl, Harvest Moon by Neil Young, Nothingman, Once, Alive

2nd encore: Spin The Black Circle, Glorified G, U, Leaving Here, Rockin' in the Free World (by Neil Young)
edited: added song
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    finally!! all we wanted was the truth ;):D
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • Options
    Sea wrote:

Set list: Present Tense, Save You, Insignificance, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Leatherman, Immortality, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl by Sleater Kinney), Wishlist, Don't Gimme No Lip, Breath, State of Love and Trust, Porch

1st encore: Gone (new song), Bee Girl, Harvest Moon by Neil Young, Nothingman, Once, Alive

2nd encore: Spin The Black Circle, Glorified G, U, Leaving Here, Rockin' in the Free World (by Neil Young)

yay new song
    Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis.
    - Jack Handey
  • Options
    could we possibly have a free download treat for the new song because i and a lot of other people want to fucking hear it?
    Vice President of the Synchronicity Club.
  • Options
    An amazing show, words cannot describe the small venue...

The Leash tease was right before Don't Gimme No Lip, Ed basically said he was full of shit...there was a "drop the leash" chant before the second encore and Ed said maybe next year...

The end of the main set with Breath, SoLaT, and Porch was amazing...crowd was really rocking at the end of the set and Ed climbed the speakers on the side of the state...

Ed did the new song (I guess it's called Gone) acoustic...

Ed called a couple that had just gotten married (he asked the crowd if anyone had gotten married in the last day) and sang Harvest Moon to them while they slow danced on the stage...I would consider getting married if it meant getting to go up on stage...

Leatherman was well received, no one was really expecting that...

Ace Freeley played RITFW with the band and had an amazing guitar solo...house lights came up for the song...

an all around amazing show - I cannot speak because I have no voice, they were on from 9:00 to 11:40 and that small venue was great...
    He who forgets will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    Aahhh, thats better
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    otfz72otfz72 Posts: 6
    I'll admit to the occasional setlist complaint throughout this tour, but man if this isn't going out with a bang nothing is. I'll go ahead and stick my foot in my mouth now.
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    EWebb45 wrote:
    Ace Freeley played RITFW with the band and had an amazing guitar solo...house lights came up for the song...

say what?! were you delusional at this point or was he actually there??
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    to clear up the "leash" thing....

an amazing set... very intense.... and ed said, "we're going to play leash"

the crowd went nuts... and you could see it instantly in ed's face.... he was sorry he said he... he was fucking around... but he had the crowd in his hand, and this was the best way to lose it. ed apoligized... however, it was a dick move, cause stone had the next song... so all the dissapointment and anger was channeled at "don't give me no lip"

i have to let this show sit in... however, it may be my favorite show of all time...... the band was sooo tight.... the crowd took over porch and the band kicked ass in taking it back.

the other highlight of tonight... the new song, which ed said he wrote a few days ago looking at the atlantic city skyline.... let me warn you, this song turly does not suck....... it is soooo amazing.... i am going to enjoy 10 years from now, after that song is a big hit among the pearl jam community.... driving in my car and listening, and smiling to myself, saying, i ws there then....

this venue was amazing... coming from toronto and quebec city only a week ago... and attending many large stadium concerts... i truly appreciated the smaller venue. there were a lot of seats reserved for employees of the borgota, friends, family and comps... however, i was nice to the security guard when i asked him if i could sit in the seats.... i was suprised when he brought me and my girlfriend to the second row (which is perfect, because we could see above the floor and no one was in front of us..... we are both short).... i was sitting around a lot of pumped up fans... however most of their seats were aquired through knowing someone... there were some people who seemed to have no idea why they were there... and there were numerous empty seats.... anyhow... the crowd was wild, and it was awesome

i'm going to sleep now...... i am so run down from the show.... everyone enjoy themselves!

• Options
    I was delusional...but he was really there...

he was introduced as a special guest and came out and played RITFW...Stone introduced him and said Mike would have never picked up a guitar if it wasn't for Ace...
    He who forgets will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    spat wrote:

he was there, stone introduced him,,, and mike was wailing with him,, the look on mike's face was great..... he had the best seat for watching his idol jam,,, on the stage in front of him
  • Options
    say_hisay_hi Posts: 311
    spat wrote:

oh Ace was there :)
    4/30/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06 (Letterman Mini-Concert), 5/5/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10
  • Options
    EWebb45 wrote:
    I was delusional...but he was really there...

he was introduced as a special guest and came out and played RITFW...Stone introduced him and said Mike would have never picked up a guitar if it wasn't for Ace...

Yeah, Ace Frehley is basically Mike's hero and inspiration, not to forget to mention that he is one badass mother.

:)
  • Options
    PJPATPJPAT Posts: 399
    Great to get a confirmation.

What a tease on Leash. Funny but not funny at the same time. They will play it at the HOB in Chicago for sure.

Pearl Jam FkN ROCK!!
    "All the money you make will never buy back your soul" Bob Dylan

"I need honesty, I need truth, and I need hope...I need it! That's what music means to me." EV
  • Options
    yeah and im pretty sure on spin the black circle ed sang drop drop dropping the leash
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    if someone can spare about 300 megs of space to host a few vids.. i got some songs from tongiht..

Mother - Jeff and Mike/ Sleater Kinney
    Springsteen Cover - Ed w/ Sleater Kinney
    Dont Gimme No Lip
    Gone
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    leash will be played in phillly.
    Randalls Island II, NY 96',East Rutherford, NJ 98',Jones Beach I, NY 00',Philadelphia, PA 03'
    Nassau Col., NY 03',MSG I and II, NY 03',Hershey, PA 03',Holmdel, NJ 03',Philadelphia, PA 05'
    Boston I, 06', East Rutherford I, II 06',MSG I, II 08', Philadelphia, PA III 09', Newark, NJ 10', MSG II 10'
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Too much to say and hope my thoughts and ramblins are somewhat coherent.

Saw two AMAZING shows at the Borgata against the rail. Got in line at 1:30 today and met some awesome people in line. Was in the same exact spot as last night with Vedderwood, That Girl, and Chromiam, and next to us were three guys from Portland via Florida. Mike recognized us from last night and kept running in front of us for solos. Vedderwood got a pick and it made her night.

The show was just too amazing. Ed's Preset of Atlantic City was great and seeing the guys playong with S/K was a nice suprise.

Present Tense was a total surprise opener and one of my 3 favorite PJ songs of all time so I knew I was in for a great night. The crowd was just full of energy and there were no knuckleheads like last night trying to crowd surf.

Matt's drum solo at the end of Immortality was incredible. Lukin into Not For You got the crowd into a frenzy and you could feel the Borgata floor bouncing. Thelight reflecting off the mirrorball on Wishlight was just an awesome visual in such a small venue.

Stone singing was a great surprise and it looked like the whole band was having a ball during it.

Breath and SOLAT back to back was a dream come true for me. I was just listening to the Boston Garden show from 94 the other day and hoping that someday I'd get to ehar them back to back and it came true tonight. :D Mike was literally 3 feet away from me during SOLAT and it was just an incredible experience. Then came a great Porch with the crowd singing the entire first verse.

Hearing Gone was truly amazing. Just Ed by himself telling us that they've been keeping all of their new stuff pretty much underwraps, but he wanted to share this new song he just wrote. It was just Ed solo andyou could just feel the song. It was a moment words can't jsutify describing.

Then hearing Bee Girl for my first time live and seeing that happy newlywed couple dancing while Ed serenaded them during Harvest Moon was just great.

Ace rocked out on RITFW and ended just a truly incredible sho.

Tonight was my 20th show and just a experience that I'm still having trouble putting into words. I can't wait for Philly on Monday!!! :D
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Rediculous times both tonight and last night...

caught one of matt's drums sticks last night so that was sweet...

the crowd taking over the beginning of porch tongiht...stunning.

ONCE...both nights, so good, same for SOLAT

peace out
    9-1-00, 9-2-00, 4-28-03, 5-3-03, 7-1-03, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-5-03, 7-6-03, 7-8-03, 7-9-03, 7-12-03, 10-1-04, 9-30-05, 10-1-05, 10-3-05, 5-13-06, 5-27-06, 5-28-06, 6-1-06, 6-3-06, 6-19-08, 6-20-08, 6-24-08 and 6-25-08.
  • Options
    The Danzig cover with Sleater-Kinney was awesome. How about that wig? It totally had the crowd going. Ace fucking TORE UP the solos on RITFW. I was never a big KISS fan, but let me tell you, he was ripping that song up with his 007 t-shirt. Seeing him jam with Mike and Stone right on top of him was incredible. You could see how into it they were. It was incredible. Ed covering Atlantic City was amazing too. I was thinking in my head on the way to the show that it would be cool if he covered that but I figured it would never happen. He had it down too, I wish I could download it right now. I'm going to fully wrap my head around this concert tomorrow and write more.
  • Options
    holy shit.....i was right in front of vedder......no more than about 10 feet away from him.. it was so great. i had never been that close before and i probably never will again but i'm glad i got to experience it one time. there have been moments the last few months where i've thought to myself geez did i really spend 250 dollars for a ticket to that show????? but sitting here right now i don't have 1 ounce of regret in my body. it was amazing.......the show, my spot on the floor, everything. i'll never forget it.
    Stunned by my own reflection, it's looking back sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again. Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down.
  • Options
    oh and by the way......the setlist sea posted on here is wrong. they played do the evolution after present tense
    Stunned by my own reflection, it's looking back sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again. Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down.
  • Options
    Ace Frehley was on stage with Pearl Jam?????

Fanch is gonna go Ballistic!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    oppie1 wrote:
    if someone can spare about 300 megs of space to host a few vids.. i got some songs from tongiht..

Dont Gimme No Lip
    Gone
    http://rapidshare.de/
    1996: Zürich - 2000: Zürich - 2006: Marseille, Paris & Berne
  • Options
    oh and by the way......the setlist sea posted on here is wrong. they played do the evolution after present tense

I just drove allll the way home from AC to Long Island, and I can vouch for this.

DTE was most definately played...hope it's on the boot!

- Dan
  • Options
    02 Evolution,SaveYou
    1996: Zürich - 2000: Zürich - 2006: Marseille, Paris & Berne
  • Options
    oppie1 wrote:

Dont Gimme No Lip
    Gone

OMG!! If you do get it hosted can you please send me the link. I can't buy the show as my comp is out of commission. :(

Thank you! :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    Sea wrote:

Set list: Present Tense, Save You, Insignificance, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Leatherman, Immortality, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl by Sleater Kinney), Wishlist, Don't Gimme No Lip, Breath, State of Love and Trust, Porch

hey sea dont forget about DTE 2nd...
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    was the mother cover played during SK's set? I don't see it on pj's set. Also someone said that Ed said something to the effect that the album will be released by the end of the year??
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    MagnitudeMagnitude Posts: 392
    Just drove in from AC back to NY and it is now 4:20 AM (appropriate time) to the person who posted they were right in front of Mike, so was I... I had on shorts and a black shirt and my brother had on a white bandana, we were both fortunate enough to get a set list from Mike and I must say everyone around our area was AWESOME. On the set that my brother was given is Soon Forget and then a big rip and then on the same line as soon forget the word Gone. It makes me think the title may be a bit longer (I am Gone) (Im Gone)... It is just a guess but judging by the size of the rip it looked like there were words before the word Gone and after soon forget. Wow I dont think I made any sense just now... I am going to bed and would like to write a two day review... Best trwo days, and I can honestly say Pearl Jam brought their A game. Ive been to MSG I 03' and MSG 2 98 and been around Canada and I think tonight took top honor with last night coming in right around those other great shows we all know! Cheers, see you all in PA!!
    POP POP!
  • Options
    Most Importantly The Only Downer Of The Night Was That On The Setlist They Were Supposed To Play The "mammasan" Trilogy ....for Some Reason The Didnt Play Footsteps After Alive....."mother" Was Played During Sk's Set......there Was Also A Song They Covered Of Bruce S. Matt Did The Cowbell!!!!!!!! No Joke...
    by nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for a fact...

32 shows since 2001 and counting ..