Options

*** Monterrey Fanviews 12/7 Here

Comments

• Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    they do that at every show.

why they do it? you know, i'm not sure.

house lights have historically come up at the last few songs so eddie can "see the crowd"

"keeley, turn on the houselights. i wanna see you fuckers!"

... it's kind've like one of those last little bonding moments before the concert ends.

the band gets to see us, we get to see eachother ... everyone is happy ... it's kind've nice, i thought.

:D

the houselights ... can we turn the lights on? the lights? the houselights? ...

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    My 1st show! Flew in from Los Angeles for a day!! Would do it again in a heartbeat! Mexico loves em! Yes they came on about 8:45 & ended around 11:30.

Mario
    Mexico 05
  • Options
    6,000 hard die fans, 70% of the place.
    Ticket Price Expansive, 68, 100 and 180 U.S Dollar

ok, the ticket were expensive, but only 6000 people? i thought pj was bigger in mexico... anyway, it would be nice to be in a show with not too much people
  • Options
    diego92 wrote:
    ok, the ticket were expensive, but only 6000 people? i thought pj was bigger in mexico... anyway, it would be nice to be in a show with not too much people

Wasn't there a big soccer game being played at the same time? that's why not as many people showed, partly because of the soccer and partly because of the expensive tickets i'm guessing.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    diego92 wrote:

The promoters in Monterrey put in sale only 9,000 expensive tickets. Supposedly we are the richest people in the country (I don't know if that's true, but most of the jammers doesn’t have enough money). All kind of shows are expensive in this city.

We usually purchase our tickets at the same week of the concert (except for the har die fans) but this time an unexpected big soccer game coincided with the date of the concert. In addition there was little publicity for the show.

In Mexico City tickets for the 1st show were sold out in only 2 hours... they will have 20,000 people today and another 20,000 for tomorrow.

You right, it was a nice show... My wife and I was so close to stage, and nobody smashed us. I felt good connection between PJ and the crowd. Look at these pictures to see what I mean... I like the first one.

http://www.pjbootstrading.org/html/photos/200530/04.jpg

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/8099/39jt.jpg

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7486/87ar1.jpg
  • Options
    efroten wrote:
    so did someone hand him the lyrics in spanish?

i wrote some lyrics for the song its ok by dead moon 2 years ago...
    ed sang it ... i can die ...i can fly ....

my cousin is to blame for passing the paper so ed got it !

its ok !!
  • Options
    DanielDaniel Posts: 53
    After more than two years since seeing Pearl Jam live, I was really
    excited when I found out that they would be playing only a few hours
    southwest of the Texas border. This show almost didn't happen for me
    because I came down with severe flu like symptoms this past Monday, but
    I went anyway even though I was still feeling sick on Wednesday.
    Fortunately, after about 30 minutes of taking some medicine I bought in
    Mexico I started feeling like my self again.....So then it was time to
    go to the show!!

I stood in line outside the auditorium for about 45 minutes and got to
    talk to a lot of very friendly people...the Monterrey fans were really
    excited about the band being there and everyone was discussing their
    favorite albums and songs.

When the lights started going down right before Pearl Jam goes onstage
    I look around me in the GA section and everyone started going nuts...A
    girl next to me had on one of the biggest smiles I have ever seen..I
    will never forget their reaction...and how happy everyone was
    throughout the show..these are people who never thought they would see
    their favorite band live. It was great seeing everyone so excited and
    the energy throughout the show was amazing even though it was only a
    crowd of about 6,000

Mike had a Mexican flag on his amp that said "Gracias" (thank you) on
    it

Eddie: "¿Que onda Monterrey?"...then into Long Road drew loud cheers
    and applause. As I said in another thread, I always hope for Release
    or Long Road, so I was really happy..and it was a very nice version
    with excellent vocals. From the get go Mike was his usual friendly
    self waving, smiling, and pointing at fans. The fans were singing
    along to every word during most of the songs and there was a lot of
    crowd surfing and moshing going on in my area of the floor. Never
    having seen PJ in a GA setting I had never seen anything like it
    before. EVERYONE was jumping during the fast songs. A woman threw a
    bra on the stage and Eddie dedicated daughter to her and her dad. The
    Spanish It's OK tag was great and the crowd sang along. After
    speaking some Spanish early on, Eddie apologized for speaking English,
    and explained that it was hard for him to speak Spanish when he was
    drunk LOL

Due to a massive crowd shift during RVM, I was unable to see any of the
    band members during man of the hour and off he goes, but it was still
    all good! I just closed my eyes and listened to the music as I swayed
    with the audience...I probably heard things in the music that I
    wouldn't have with my eyes open. Luckily I reclaimed my spot a short
    time later. Off He Goes was played for a group of fans that had a
    poster requesting it.
    During Alive, Eddie put on a Mexican wrestling mask and sang with it on
    for a while. He also reached into the audience and touched some hands.
    The band sat down for most of the first encore similar to the VFC
    shows.

Ed gave a speech about President Bush and how he wasn't the President
    of the world and during RITF he sang "hes on his way down..hes on his
    way down" Eddie sung YL lying on the floor.

This was as excellent show with highlights for me being In Hiding, Off
    He Goes, Long Road, Hide Your Love Away, MOTH, and Light Years. It was
    a cold night, eventually ending up in the 40s, but I dont think anyone
    noticed during the set. The band continues to be at the top of their
    game IMO. This is one show that I definitely won't be forgetting
    anytime soon and am already looking forward to the next one! Hope to
    see some of you there.

-Daniel
    '03 - San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Benaroya
    '05 - Monterrey
    '06 - Chicago I and II, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    '08 - WPB, Tampa
  • Options
    I couldn't describe my feeling about seeing PJ in my town

Really great set

And im ready to download the bootleg!!
    12/07/2005 Monterrey, MX
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Excuse me, Eddielicious & Citizendick...Are you still in Mexico? Did you hide yourselves in amp cases and go to the next show? I'm waiting to hear your review of this show, and please tell me about Ed singing YL on the floor!!!! Did you want to just jump on him right then and there?....
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    How I’ve wished for so long…..How I wish for you today……..

PERFECT OPENER. I sang my heart out directly to the boys. Screamed my lungs out, I should say.

We got to the venue at about 3pm to pick up our tickets at Will Call. Our intentions were to get our tickets, go have few drinks and eat somewhere and return once the gates opened. BUT…once we received our tickets, we realized that we had GA seating. All this time we thought we purchased assigned seats. People were ALREADY in line at this point to get into the venue, so we decided to wait it out too and just get in line so that we could get the best spots possible, once inside. After about 30 minutes, decided to head to this hole in the wall place right outside the entrance to the venue to get something to eat. It was quite a treck from the actual front gates of the venue to the front gates of getting inside the parking lot. As we are walking out of the lot….we see about 4 or 5 large white vans with dark tinted windows, coming inside the gates. Each of the vans had a small paper on it’s dashboard that said PEARL JAM. IT WAS THEM! THEY WERE INSIDE THOSE VANS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF US!!! We stood there and waved and blew kisses (like little teenyboppers!! Haha) We were SO HIGH after that. We walked over to the taco place and met a guy named Edgar who told us that he met all the guys, except for Eddie, the night before at their hotel. He said, “They’re traveling around in white vans” We then went crazy and told Edgar that we JUST SAW THEM!!
    So we get back in line and wait, and wait and wait…in the COLD. They opened the venue close to 7pm. I had NO IDEA how small this venue was?!?! I’m thinking it’s going to be HUGE and that I would have to fight for my life in the GA area. But I was SO wrong. There were 2 GA areas set up. The first was directly in front of the stage. That was for 10C members in Mexico. The second GA area was directly behind the first one, but keep in mind, these were SMALL areas!!! We were in front row the second GA area, on Mike’s side. Once we got our spots, we looked at each other, and CRIED. I had NO idea I would be able to be this close. Mudhoney ROCKED!! They are simply classic.
    Then THE BOYS walk on the stage and I just cry. Ed puts on his guitar and says “Que Onda Monterrey”……and the chords to LONG ROAD start. His voice…the music….absolutely beautiful. I don’t remember much from Corduroy, Hail Hail, Animal, Do The Evolution, because I think I passed out a few times in between from rocking out so damn much!! Ed says that after 15 yrs of the band being together, it’s great to go somewhere that they’ve never been before…Monterrey. And says “Thank you to those of you who came however far you came to be here” He was talking to ME!?! Haha…and they go into…. Given To Fly, and then come the tears again. Damn the tears!! They never stop! The energy was AMAZING. Ed could feel it as well, and he was SO LIT! He must’ve gotten drunk way before the show, but it was all good. They go into Evenflow, and although a veteran can say that this song should be retired…..listen to this fucking boot and tell me otherwise!! Light Years after that was just beautiful and I was somewhat grateful they slowed it down a bit, because I was able to catch my breath and pull myself together. Good thing I did because then they go into Lukin, Not For You, In Hiding, Grievance. Green Disease, Daughter/(It's Ok in Spanish), Jeremy, and Rearviewfuckingmirror!! Mike is a fucking maniac!!!! At this point I honestly think that they are trying to kill me. Seriously. SO MANY emotions roll through me and I just can’t take it. I pray that my heart starts beating again. Most amazing version of Daughter with It’s Ok in espanol. After the first set, I see that they’re setting up a stool on stage and I think “Finally!!” Ed takes a seat and goes into Man Of The Hour…his voice is SOOO amazing and heart wrenching. I simply stand there in awe, watching him. Then… Off He Goes (and the damn tears come again) Small Town, Last Kiss, Black, Alive. The crowd chants the do do do do dooo’s in Black for what seems like FOREVER and Ed is just standing there, amazed that we all have so much stamina. That moment there, with just the crowd chanting, is something I will NEVER forget. (yes, tears) and Ed walks up to the mic and does the “we belong together” and I’m bawling.
    There’s not much that I can say about the 2nd encore without going into cardiac arrest because they JAMMED THE FUCK OUT!! Ed was SOOOO wasted. People were throwing all kinds of shit onstage, shirts, flags, etc. So there is literally a pile of clothes on stage, and Ed walks over and tries on a shirt, decides it doesn’t fit him, takes it off, rummages through the pile, tries on a flannel, takes it off….it’s like he’s at a fucking garage sale or something. He finally decides on something, and leaves a shirt on….Into Yellow Ledbetter….. He simply threw himself on the floor and sang ALL of YL laying down. I see Stone walk up and look down at him, laughing, and I’m picturing Stone say something like “Dude…you’re killing me. You okay? Yeah? Well git down wit your bad self” and he backs up laughing…playing his guitar. After YL, Ed sits up, and looks around in a daze. He looks like someone who just woke up with a bad hangover and is trying to figure out where he is and where did these 6,0000 people come from?? I love it!!!!!
    "every show is a great show. bitches...." --twolegsyield
  • Options
    DanielDaniel Posts: 53
    Hey Erika,

Its a shame we missed eachother over there. I tried calling your cell phone in Mexico, but it went directly to voice mail. Glad to hear you guys had a great time. Hopefully we can meet up at the next one.

-Daniel
    '03 - San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Benaroya
    '05 - Monterrey
    '06 - Chicago I and II, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    '08 - WPB, Tampa
  • Options

PERFECT OPENER. I sang my heart out directly to the boys. Screamed my lungs out, I should say.

We got to the venue at about 3pm to pick up our tickets at Will Call. Our intentions were to get our tickets, go have few drinks and eat somewhere and return once the gates opened. BUT…once we received our tickets, we realized that we had GA seating. All this time we thought we purchased assigned seats. People were ALREADY in line at this point to get into the venue, so we decided to wait it out too and just get in line so that we could get the best spots possible, once inside. After about 30 minutes, decided to head to this hole in the wall place right outside the entrance to the venue to get something to eat. It was quite a treck from the actual front gates of the venue to the front gates of getting inside the parking lot. As we are walking out of the lot….we see about 4 or 5 large white vans with dark tinted windows, coming inside the gates. Each of the vans had a small paper on it’s dashboard that said PEARL JAM. IT WAS THEM! THEY WERE INSIDE THOSE VANS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF US!!! We stood there and waved and blew kisses (like little teenyboppers!! Haha) We were SO HIGH after that. We walked over to the taco place and met a guy named Edgar who told us that he met all the guys, except for Eddie, the night before at their hotel. He said, “They’re traveling around in white vans” We then went crazy and told Edgar that we JUST SAW THEM!!
    So we get back in line and wait, and wait and wait…in the COLD. They opened the venue close to 7pm. I had NO IDEA how small this venue was?!?! I’m thinking it’s going to be HUGE and that I would have to fight for my life in the GA area. But I was SO wrong. There were 2 GA areas set up. The first was directly in front of the stage. That was for 10C members in Mexico. The second GA area was directly behind the first one, but keep in mind, these were SMALL areas!!! We were in front row the second GA area, on Mike’s side. Once we got our spots, we looked at each other, and CRIED. I had NO idea I would be able to be this close. Mudhoney ROCKED!! They are simply classic.
    Then THE BOYS walk on the stage and I just cry. Ed puts on his guitar and says “Que Onda Monterrey”……and the chords to LONG ROAD start. His voice…the music….absolutely beautiful. I don’t remember much from Corduroy, Hail Hail, Animal, Do The Evolution, because I think I passed out a few times in between from rocking out so damn much!! Ed says that after 15 yrs of the band being together, it’s great to go somewhere that they’ve never been before…Monterrey. And says “Thank you to those of you who came however far you came to be here” He was talking to ME!?! Haha…and they go into…. Given To Fly, and then come the tears again. Damn the tears!! They never stop! The energy was AMAZING. Ed could feel it as well, and he was SO LIT! He must’ve gotten drunk way before the show, but it was all good. They go into Evenflow, and although a veteran can say that this song should be retired…..listen to this fucking boot and tell me otherwise!! Light Years after that was just beautiful and I was somewhat grateful they slowed it down a bit, because I was able to catch my breath and pull myself together. Good thing I did because then they go into Lukin, Not For You, In Hiding, Grievance. Green Disease, Daughter/(It's Ok in Spanish), Jeremy, and Rearviewfuckingmirror!! Mike is a fucking maniac!!!! At this point I honestly think that they are trying to kill me. Seriously. SO MANY emotions roll through me and I just can’t take it. I pray that my heart starts beating again. Most amazing version of Daughter with It’s Ok in espanol. After the first set, I see that they’re setting up a stool on stage and I think “Finally!!” Ed takes a seat and goes into Man Of The Hour…his voice is SOOO amazing and heart wrenching. I simply stand there in awe, watching him. Then… Off He Goes (and the damn tears come again) Small Town, Last Kiss, Black, Alive. The crowd chants the do do do do dooo’s in Black for what seems like FOREVER and Ed is just standing there, amazed that we all have so much stamina. That moment there, with just the crowd chanting, is something I will NEVER forget. (yes, tears) and Ed walks up to the mic and does the “we belong together” and I’m bawling.
    There’s not much that I can say about the 2nd encore without going into cardiac arrest because they JAMMED THE FUCK OUT!! Ed was SOOOO wasted. People were throwing all kinds of shit onstage, shirts, flags, etc. So there is literally a pile of clothes on stage, and Ed walks over and tries on a shirt, decides it doesn’t fit him, takes it off, rummages through the pile, tries on a flannel, takes it off….it’s like he’s at a fucking garage sale or something. He finally decides on something, and leaves a shirt on….Into Yellow Ledbetter….. He simply threw himself on the floor and sang ALL of YL laying down. I see Stone walk up and look down at him, laughing, and I’m picturing Stone say something like “Dude…you’re killing me. You okay? Yeah? Well git down wit your bad self” and he backs up laughing…playing his guitar. After YL, Ed sits up, and looks around in a daze. He looks like someone who just woke up with a bad hangover and is trying to figure out where he is and where did these 6,0000 people come from?? I love it!!!!!

yea, girl! Thats what I've been waiting to hear..So glad you and your other 1/2 had a great time...Love you both!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856

Awesome review! I downloaded this one right away. Amazing crowd energy for what was the smallest of the tour. Glad you had a good time!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    yea, girl! Thats what I've been waiting to hear..So glad you and your other 1/2 had a great time...Love you both!

Love you too, girly! We had an AMAZING time. It seems as if we were almost just as close to the stage as in Grand Rapids. I can't put into words the rollercoaster this show put me through. It was really special for me. I released ALOT of emotions.

did I mention Mike's PLAID pants? haha. I love him.
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Awesome review! I downloaded this one right away. Amazing crowd energy for what was the smallest of the tour. Glad you had a good time!!

Thanks!! Good choice to download. A very good friend of mine had a copy waiting for me once I got back home. *cries*
    I can't stop listening to it.
  • Options
    Love you too, girly! We had an AMAZING time. It seems as if we were almost just as close to the stage as in Grand Rapids. I can't put into words the rollercoaster this show put me through. It was really special for me. I released ALOT of emotions.

did I mention Mike's PLAID pants? haha. I love him.
    Mike in plaid?? Love it!
    Where is eddielicious? Still recouperating? hahaha

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    CortoCorto Posts: 36
    They played Kick Out the Jams... great! I'm a big big fan of MC5... and the songs of the MC5 by Pearl Jam should be great!
    "all you need to play guitar is five strings, three notes, two fingers, and one asshole!" Keith Richards
  • Options
    Monyc'Monyc' Posts: 35
    i had the great chance to attend Monterrey show... just can say AWESOME!!!! Great setlist! great crowd! very small place so we could get very close to the stage... even it was a very cold nite (as Eddie said "one of the coldest nights of the tour) we were soo hot!! jumping, shouting and singing along... for me the best moment when a guy from the crowd gave Eddie the lyrics of It's ok but in spanish so it was a very good improv! even they weren't playing the original music of the song it sounds amazing! sorry for all those who didn't recognize the song!! was very nice from Ed to sing in our own lenguaje!! Boom wore a Zapata tshirt that we gave them the night before at the hotel they were staying at, at the end of the show Eddie wore it too as well as the Santo Mask (again) such a magical moment!!!

This year i attended 7 pearl jam shows (4 canada and 3 in mexico) for me that nite in Monterrey was the best of the year!
    17/07/2003 Mexico City
    18/07/2003 Mexico City
    19/07/2003 Mexico City
    11/09/2005 Kitchener Ca
    12/09/2005 London Ca
    13/09/2005 Hamilton Ca
    15/09/2005 Montreal Ca
    07/12/2005 Monterrey Mx
    09/12/2005 Mexico City
    10/12/2005 Mexico City
  • Options
    Monyc' wrote:

This year i attended 7 pearl jam shows (4 canada and 3 in mexico) for me that nite in Monterrey was the best of the year!

Uy pues que presumida
  • Options
    Betterman wrote:
    Uy pues que presumida

no es presunsión... acaso te da envidia???;-)
    17/07/2003 Mexico City
    18/07/2003 Mexico City
    19/07/2003 Mexico City
    11/09/2005 Kitchener Ca
    12/09/2005 London Ca
    13/09/2005 Hamilton Ca
    15/09/2005 Montreal Ca
    07/12/2005 Monterrey Mx
    09/12/2005 Mexico City
    10/12/2005 Mexico City
  • Options
    de la buena!
  • Options
    Did I mention how much BLACK kicked ass? I'm listening to the boot and it still brings tears to my eyes. Mike's "guitar gently weeps" at the end solo all the while the crowd is doing the never ending "do do do do do do's"...
    Absolutely beautiful. I feel so blessed to be a part of that. And then of course Ed's whisper of "we belong together" at the end.

I'm going back.
  • Options
    Monyc' wrote:
    no es presunsión... acaso te da envidia???;-)

A mí si me da harta envidia!!! -jajajaja- Saludos Mony'c me dió mucho gusto verte en el concierto.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    A mí si me da harta envidia!!! -jajajaja- Saludos Mony'c me dió mucho gusto verte en el concierto.

Yo no te vi huey! donde estabas?
  • Options
    Betterman wrote:
    Yo no te vi huey! donde estabas?

4a fila, atrás de Mony'c, yo tampoco te ví, a poco estabas junto a ella?
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    4a fila, atrás de Mony'c, yo tampoco te ví, a poco estabas junto a ella?

noo!!! ni lo mande Dios!!! (bromita.. jejeje)

el estaba en la primera fila totalmente al lado de Stone!

por cierto tienes fotos del show??? a mi tambien me sorprendio verte ahí tan cerca de mi! (una agradable sorpesa claro...)
    17/07/2003 Mexico City
    18/07/2003 Mexico City
    19/07/2003 Mexico City
    11/09/2005 Kitchener Ca
    12/09/2005 London Ca
    13/09/2005 Hamilton Ca
    15/09/2005 Montreal Ca
    07/12/2005 Monterrey Mx
    09/12/2005 Mexico City
    10/12/2005 Mexico City
  • Options
    Monyc' wrote:
    noo!!! ni lo mande Dios!!! (bromita.. jejeje)

el estaba en la primera fila totalmente al lado de Stone!

Ya quisieras!!
  • Options
    Betterman wrote:
    Ya quisieras!!

jajajajaja ya quisieras tu!!! (si de eso pides tu limosna... )
    17/07/2003 Mexico City
    18/07/2003 Mexico City
    19/07/2003 Mexico City
    11/09/2005 Kitchener Ca
    12/09/2005 London Ca
    13/09/2005 Hamilton Ca
    15/09/2005 Montreal Ca
    07/12/2005 Monterrey Mx
    09/12/2005 Mexico City
    10/12/2005 Mexico City
  • Options
    I'm listening to the bootleg and definitively it's the best sounding one of the tour, and I was there!!.
    Long Road, In Hiding, Light Years, Black are precious, Ed singing in a whisper "We Belong together"... intimate moment.
    Energetics Alive, RVM, Evolution, Animal, Lukin.... SIMPLEMENTE PERFECTO
  • Options
    The bootleg sounds great! Excellent live version of in Hiding