Options

*** Monterrey Fanviews 12/7 Here

Comments

• Options
    charlie74 wrote:
    anyway did Eddie had any idea what he was wearing?????? they throwed him a lot of stuff but I think this caught his attention......

He did it also in 2003 in Mexico City, so i guess he's pretty sure who Santo is.
    He also has pictures wearing an Atlantis mask.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    He did it also in 2003 in Mexico City, so i guess he's pretty sure who Santo is.

"El Santo victorious over Bush"
    7/18/03
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options

Atlantis? baaahhhh

He should wear a Blue Panther mask... or the Dr. Wagner mask with Mexico's flags colors that you have, tache.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

-J. Strummer

• Options
    This was my first PJ Live Concert. I had been in other concerts of important bands like U2 and The Cure, with more people than yesterday, excellent bands, but I’d never seen before a band playing music from the bottom of their heart. No paraphernalia, only a potent voice, excellent sound, amazing music.

The crowd was not big, only 6,000 people there, the reason could be because the ticket price: $68, $100 and $180 U.S. Dollar, it’s too expansive for most of the people. There wasn’t enough promotion to this concert. Also there was a Soccer Game between two teams from the city playing for the semifinal; I’m embarrassing because our people only think in soccer all the time.

Whatever, the crowd was conformed only for really jammers. I saw people from Texas, and other Mexico Cities (Saltillo, Torreon, Mexico City), all of us jumping and singing with most of the songs.
    The concert started with Long Road, and then Ed salutes us with our slang “Que Onda”. Ed said that he was drunk, if that was true you must hear his voice when he’s drunk, he sings simply perfect, sound perfect in slow songs like Man of The Hour and enrgetic songs like Alive, Not for You, Lukin, Animal.

Personally I stayed in calm to hear carefully In Hiding, Green Disease and Luckin. In Hiding sounds like a good quality CD, Lukin and Green Disease are much better in concert. I couldn’t stay in calm with energetic Alive.

My wife cried when Corduroy and Black, our favorites songs… we wanted to hear Betterman. instead of that they played Off he goes, thanks to the man in the firsts row who made the petition.

Some girl throw her bra, Ed catch it and dedicated the next song to her and her Dad, the song was Daughter with amazing version of It’s Ok in Spanish, the crowd followed the song singing in our idiom.

It was a good concert, the best of my life, I’d never seen Pearl Jam before, but musically talking I’m sure that they are in their best moment.

VIVA PEARL JAM POR SIEMPRE
  • Options
    by the way... no posters last night, right?
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

-J. Strummer

• Options
    flawless performance...

some other fanviews...ed said that this venue was very different from where they have been playing in this tour, so they would be playing it a slight different....they all sat for the 1st encore.....Off He Goes was a request written in a Mexican flag thrown at the stage, that Jeff placed in his amp....ed and stone played acoustic, and Mike electric...

At the end of Black, Ed sang "We belong together" but quietly..

For the 2nd encore, he said it was a freezing night.....and that the other freezing night he remembered, was also on a December many years ago, when he heard that John Lennon had been shot....and that he wonders how would it be if he would still be around....and that he is sure it would be "Better"....and then starts Hide your Love Away
    Then he says the next song is for another John, and it's I Believe in Miracles..
    Ed sang YL laying on the floor...
    In Hiding was another request.

There were chants for every member of the band....when it was Matt's turn, he grabbed a jersey of one of the 2 soccer teams that were playing the semifinal that night, but he gets booed.....he throws it away and grabs the other one and the crowd yells.
  • Options
    pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    Red Lukin wrote:
    What is happening to their set lists? PJ going mainstream or what?

By mainstream you mean selling out 15000 seat arenas on a nightly basis, right?
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • Options
    MAN!!!!! This all sounds great. A very good friend of mine went to the concert last night. I can't wait to get her insite in regards to show details. It's funny that Ed wore a mask.... I had a shirt made for her before she left with a picture from a Canadian show this year and Ed's wearing the Atlantis mask. BOY, I bet she had a GREAT TIME.... "OFF HE GOES" I can't believe it.
    *wipes tear from his eye*
  • Options
    She0nceBelievedShe0nceBelieved Fresno, CA Posts: 83
    charlie74 wrote:
    for those who doesn't know who is " Santo ",, no, not the guy from ""sleepwalking " ( santo and Johnny ).........he is our maximum idol for mexican wrestling for all time.......he even made a long list of cheesy movies around the 60's and 70's fighting vampires and werewolves which are some kind of cult films around Asia and Europe.... man how did I enjoyed that as a kid......when Santo encountered some 1000 year old mummy that knew how to wrestle........anyway did Eddie had any idea what he was wearing?????? they throwed him a lot of stuff but I think this caught his attention.......... by the way they should release yesterday's concert in DVD or something..........

I was at the Mex 2003 shows, where they wore the masks. If you hear close enough during RITFW, I think Ed says something to the effect of "Santos, is victorious over Bush".....

I think he knows who Santos is
    2022: Oakland I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II, Phoenix, San Diego, LA I & II, Oakland
    2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton 
    2003: Mt. View, Irvine I & II, San Diego, Las Vegas, Mexico City I, II, III, Mt. View I & II, Santa Barbara
    2000: Sacramento
  • Options
    She0nceBelievedShe0nceBelieved Fresno, CA Posts: 83
    barcoach wrote:
    "El Santo victorious over Bush"
    7/18/03
    Guess I should have read ALL the posts before posting the same thing... lol
    2022: Oakland I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II, Phoenix, San Diego, LA I & II, Oakland
    2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton 
    2003: Mt. View, Irvine I & II, San Diego, Las Vegas, Mexico City I, II, III, Mt. View I & II, Santa Barbara
    2000: Sacramento
  • Options
    Yeah, *rolls eyes* they're mainstream alright. They create personal music that just so happens to work on so many people, all around the world. I'm sure Nickleback couldn't go pretty well anywhere in the world, and sell out huge fucking venues. But even if they could, what do I care? Most people I know around here are very unfamiliar with Pearl Jam and don't care for the music (or their perception of it, because beyond Last Kiss, Jeremy, and maybe Black and/or Alive, they've heard fuck all)... simply because it is not mainstream; it hasn't been legitmized to enough people. And again, it's not like I care that people bug me because of this "unhealthy obsession" (getting drunk and going all-out primal over your favourite hockey or football team losing a game is fine though). It's kinda nice that something can be so uniquely special and otherwise, to just yourself. It's also neat to share that kind of feeling with others, which is what happened at The Gorge in particular, but also at any PJ show. But for many, it's like their entire peer group has to be on that same mundane wavelength before it's deemed simply "good". How can you say that (especially in Latin American), that Pearl Jam is mainstream? Blah blah blah....

Anyway, I'm happy for those who were able to attend the show as it sounds like it would have been a great time.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    Escribo esto mientras mi compu baja en concierto de Monterrey, el set list estubo pocamdre, fue en especial memorable (al menos pa`mi!)que tocaran Off He Goes y Man Of The Hour, no faltaron los clasicos que nos hicieron bailar y cantar como Corduroy , Daugther, Do The Evolution o Black; valio mucho la pena ell haber ahorrado estos ultimos dos meses para salir del defectuoso y viajar a la capital regia para ver a la banda una vez mas, espero que los shows que nos ofreceran en el palacio de los rebotes, sean todavia mas chingones que los de hace dos años, ya quiero ver que nos van a tocar !!!
    PD. si alguien cercano o incluso la misma banda lee esto, porfa toquen Down, All Those Yesterdays e Inmortality, gracias de antemano!!!

As I write this, My PC is downloading the last night concert in Monterrey, the set list was F***in' amazing!!!, it was memorable (at least for me!!) thanks for playing Off He Goes and Man Of The Hour, we also enjoyed several classics like Corduroy and the rest.... it was a nice move to save some money the last two months so I was able to go from Mexico City to Monterrey to watch the band play again in Mexico; I'm reaaly lookin`foward the next 2 shows in El palacio de los Deportes, hope these new shows will be only better than the last ones Pj gave us 2 plus years ago!!!
    PD If Pj or any crew member read this , PLEASE!!! play Down, All those Yesterdays and Inmortality, Thanks!!
  • Options
    wow, i'm listening to the bootleg now and it's the best sounding one of the tour! Very sharp and crisp.

And i can't even begin to explain how amazing Long Road is from this show. BEST.VERSION.EVER.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    ebayebay Posts: 2
    Donde bajo el concierto???
  • Options
    ebayebay Posts: 2
    The concert lasted about 2:30 hours, maybe a little more, and it f***in' rocked!! First time I see them and all I can say to Mexico City is, hold tight, and get ready to explode. Ed was indeed drunk and the setlist was very different from what they have been playing, but a great one.

Even with the big football match going on, a lot of people chose the concert, and the good thing is that all the people who went, were there because they were true fans! At one point Eddie said ...."this has been one of the coldest nights, with one of the warmest crowds". Mudhoney with PJ were great as well, but one thing to note, is that I think PJ were actually being kicked out or something because they were playing so much! The band apparently, for the good of all of us, didnt give a f**k and kept playing, even with all the lights in the place shining as much as they could. The crowd replied by singing every word to the last moment.
  • Options
    ebay wrote:
    The concert lasted about 2:30 hours, maybe a little more, and it f***in' rocked!! First time I see them and all I can say to Mexico City is, hold tight, and get ready to explode.

I hear you loud and clear...WE ARE READY TO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    coldloc wrote:
    It's Okay in Spanish? OMG, I'm going to explode here! *faints*

It's Okay is one song I've been dying to hear for years.

My thoughts exactly....fuckin right! IT'S OK, IT'S OOOKKKKKAAYY!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BinOttawa/featured
    Sometimes I see a strange spot in the sky, a human being that was Given To Fly
  • Options
    Man, I´m still dreaming with last night concert, people were talking about choosing between the soccer match and PJ, I´m also a huge soccer fan but man, no way I would miss these guys don't care how many times I've seen them. And yes Eddie made some comments on Bush and that he is not the president of the worl and everything.

to me the highlights were covering John Lennon almost at midnight, so poetic singing his song on his death anniversary and the way McCready closed Yellow Ledbetter it sounded so right and powerful!!!

and about the band being kicked out, it is to my understanding that PJ always turns the lights on during their last songs. also I also hail that they stop selling beer, and discourage violence in the pit.......we go for the music, no to act like idiots.
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    How was the poster like? pictures!!
  • Options
    chinobaeza wrote:
    How was the poster like? pictures!!

http://www.plick88.com/PJ/2005.12.07/IMG_0192.JPG
  • Options
    Yeah, here at BA happened the same "Stadium Lights On" during the last two songs. I don´t know why was that, but it was such a great moment, making even more evident the enormous feedback between the band and the crowd. What a lovely memory!!!! 25/11 they played Yellow Ledbetter that way, and 26/11 they played Rockin´on the free world and again Yellow Ledbetter.
    By the way, congrats to all Mex Jammers for the incredible shows you saw, great playlist in Monterrey!
    VIVA MEXICO CABRONES!!! (Molotov Style!)
    Barrilete Cosmico, de que Planeta Viniste?????

BA Shows on DVD NOW!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    awesome set list!
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    yeah, great set list. maybe the best of the whole latin america tour. several covers, all the hits, it's OK... in spanish!!!! cant wait for the bootleg
  • Options
    to anyone who was there: how many people at the show? it was sold out?
  • Options
    diego92 wrote:

apparently not sold out, about 6,000 in attendance because there was a big soccer game on or something so that's where most people were.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    I want to share with all of you a moment in my life. This moment describes one reason for what Pearl Jam is the band of my life.

Five years ago… October 2000 I was going to see PJ in Texas… However, my 2d baby was born three weeks before supposedly he was going to born. So I cancelled the travel (there are better things in life than PJ).

When I drove to the hospital I wanted to make more comfortable the road for my wife. Then I put the song Light Years, she hadn’t listened before at that time and she said it was beautiful. She felt better and she remembers the part “your light made us stars”. Since then she always says the phrase to our kid.

I have a lot of Pearl Jam moments, but during the last concert one of the best moments for me was when PJ played Light Years.
  • Options
    diego92 wrote:

6,000 hard die fans, 70% of the place.
    Ticket Price Expansive, 68, 100 and 180 U.S Dollar
  • Options
    ok this is my 1st post...
    it was an awesome show afterall

terrific setlist..i couldnt ask more
    im just waiting for someone to share this bootleg!

or maybe i'll buy it within the couple days...
    but i really asked myself..what's with the lights that were turned on almost at the end of the show.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    zoso_86 wrote:
    but i really asked myself..what's with the lights that were turned on almost at the end of the show.

they do that at every show.

why they do it? you know, i'm not sure.
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    they do that at every show.

why they do it? you know, i'm not sure.

i see..thanks