Options

*** Monterrey Fanviews 12/7 Here

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,933
edited February 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
If you were at the show, please share your fanviews here.

Set list: Long Road, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Animal, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Light Years, Lukin, Not For You, In Hiding, Grievance, Green Disease, Daughter/(It's Ok in Spanish), Jeremy, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Man Of The Hour, Off He Goes, Small Town, Last Kiss, Black, Alive

2nd encore: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away (by The Beatles), I Believe in Miracles (by The Ramones), Kick Out the Jams by MC5 (w/ Mudhoney), Rockin' in the Free World by Neil Young (w/ Mudhoney), Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    In Mexico. No hay ni un resumen porque - estan de parranda o estan dormiditos en su camita.
  • Options
    coldloccoldloc Posts: 960
    It's Okay in Spanish? OMG, I'm going to explode here! *faints*

It's Okay is one song I've been dying to hear for years. The boys never played it during the 2003 tour and I thought they'd never play it again even though I kept waiting for them to pull it out. Jesus, it's a huge surprise. :)

You can't even imagine how glad I am. Thanks, PJ. You're so good to be true.
    walking tightrope high
  • Options
    And they played In Hiding too! How frickin' groovy!!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    coldloccoldloc Posts: 960
    And they played In Hiding too! How frickin' groovy!!

And I almost freaked out to see Light Years, too. :D
    walking tightrope high
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    What is happening to their set lists? PJ going mainstream or what?
  • Options
    Off he goes????????????? I would die to hear this one ............. One of the best's setlist's here in Latin America..... God.....
  • Options
    Light Years, In Hiding and Lukin???? Exactly the three that i missed in Rio!

Great Show! I'm happy for you Mexico!

Paulo Diniz
    Marseille, 09/09/06
    Paris, 09/11/06
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:

First of all, Pearl Jam has been mainstream...for a long time. Don't let anyone tell you different. Once you hit the big time, you are mainstream. Secondly, these setlists are very generic b/c they have never toured this area like this before. This is the first time they have had a South American tour like this and they are probably thinking, it's best to stay with the basics and feed off that crowd energy. If they start going "off the beaten path," they could possibly lose some of that crowd energy.
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me how In Hiding sounded? Did Ed nail it?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    someone posted this link on the RM forum. It's some pictures from the show, one which proves that 'its ok' was definitely the Dead Moon cover.

http://www.pjbootstrading.org/html/phot...hotos1.htm

• Options
    1996: Zürich - 2000: Zürich - 2006: Marseille, Paris & Berne
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    IT'S OK IN FREAKIN' SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D how awesome is that????? Congratulations to all our fellow jammers who were there! I bet it was a great show :D Can't wait to hear this boot :)

PS: IT'S OK SHOULD BE INCLUDED ON THE LATINAMERICAN TOUR DVD....... :p that's just way too cool, we gotta have footage of this! :D lol AND now it could realy be titled Touring Band 2005 :p hehe.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    so did someone hand him the lyrics in spanish?
  • Options
    And i think this was the longest show of this tour.
    12/07/2005 Monterrey, MX
  • Options
  • Options
    The pics are awesome....
  • Options
    ChloeDancerChloeDancer São Paulo - SP (Brazil) Posts: 58
    What a great setlist!!
    Long Road, Light Years, In Hiding and Off He Goes was the songs I was wanting so much to listen at SP concert!! Of course the best show is that I went, but this Monterrey setlist...oh my...I guess beat SP first nigth! I´m so happy to have the pleasure to listen Man of The Hour here also...:)
    Bye!
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Yeah, some great songs... someone who was there comment!!!
    I assume maybe you're still asleep after such an amazing concert, but come on, we need some info here!!
    Really great songs in there, can't wait for Friday.
    And hope to get some MOTH, In Hiding and Long Road as well here (would Off He Goes be asking too much?)
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    Forgot something, this morning a Mexico City radio station programmed 3 songs out of this concert... wow... the band really sounded tight, even when Ed admits before Hide Your Love he felt a bit drunk... but they sounded very energetic, wild, my hart just speeded its beat, I felt like I was there... I almost still don't believe they're already here... we're gonna have a blast this weekend.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    This looks like the best setlist from the Latin American tour. Kick ass!
  • Options
    oktacoma wrote:
    This looks like the best setlist from the Latin American tour. Kick ass!

Yeah, the best set list so far, shit!!! I hope they play again "In hiding", "Long Road", "Light Years" and "Off he goes" in Mexico City.

You lucky bastards from Monterrey....
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Options
    OMG they played In Hiding! I need to hear that!!!
  • Options
    man I tried to post some thign and didn't work, was it too long?????????
  • Options
    audome25audome25 Posts: 163
    They should have covered Dave: "Don't drink the water, here..."
  • Options
    OK dudes........yes Eddie was having some red wine and some tequila.........there were times I couldn't even understand when he spoke English.........but he didn't missed a note even when he sang John Lennon´s cover ( to me was perfect ) and the Spanish bit after Daughter in which the crowd sang along.

I waited more than ten years to see these guys....I have a family now.......yesterday was a Classic match between our local soccer teams........it was freezing yesterday even Eddie borrowed some sweatshirts........I waited for Once and Porch and didn't happen.......but that didn't bothered me from enjoying one of the best concerts in whole life........and yes the band was tight, spot on perfect with great energy........McCready and Eddie were my favorites.
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:

The Concert is for the fans, they are playing the music that they know that those fans have not herd live.

We can't go back 15 years, they never had a concert in Mexico back in the 90s. I know Mexican PJ fans can stand before you and sing to you the favorites in Riot Act, Yield, Lost Dogs, just like the rest of us. The point is they've never been down there except Mexico 2003 and they are playing what they think their fans have been waiting for so long to hear.
  • Options
    for those who doesn't know who is " Santo ",, no, not the guy from ""sleepwalking " ( santo and Johnny ).........he is our maximum idol for mexican wrestling for all time.......he even made a long list of cheesy movies around the 60's and 70's fighting vampires and werewolves which are some kind of cult films around Asia and Europe.... man how did I enjoyed that as a kid......when Santo encountered some 1000 year old mummy that knew how to wrestle........anyway did Eddie had any idea what he was wearing?????? they throwed him a lot of stuff but I think this caught his attention.......... by the way they should release yesterday's concert in DVD or something..........
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    charlie74 wrote:
    OK dudes........yes Eddie was having some red wine and some tequila.........there were times I couldn't even understand when he spoke English.........

red wine and tequila - *gags*

sounds like a great show though

it's amazing, I saw them 3 times in Canada and in Philly and I'm still jealous of you guys seeing them now

it's never enough :) never, ever, ever

but it's a happy jealous, I am happy for all of you

enjoy the next one
  • Options
    charlie74 wrote:
    for those who doesn't know who is " Santo ",, no, not the guy from ""sleepwalking " ( santo and Johnny ).........he is our maximum idol for mexican wrestling for all time.......he even made a long list of cheesy movies around the 60's and 70's fighting vampires and werewolves which are some kind of cult films around Asia and Europe.... man how did I enjoyed that as a kid......when Santo encountered some 1000 year old mummy that knew how to wrestle........anyway did Eddie had any idea what he was wearing?????? they throwed him a lot of stuff but I think this caught his attention.......... by the way they should release yesterday's concert in DVD or something..........

Another great Mexican Icon, that potrays the reality of many Mexican people in a funny and Innocent way.

I would love to see that happen, and I'm happy that he know about El Santo.
  • Options
    just a couple of thoughts about last night show before I get back to work........
    I think one of the reasons PJ hasn't become extinct or as a deja vu of the 90's is because they are not mainstream..they´ll never be.....they record and perform what they feel not what the machine tells them to do.... yes I loved that they played yesterday and I was still hoping for Porch and Once.... but I also would have liked " Red Mosquito " or " of the girl " or even more Riot Act tunes. But that does not interfere with enjoying a really great show and performance. I hope to see them again......don't care if they are over 60 or something........the set they played yesterday was meant to be for Monterrey......as the other 2 they´ll play in Mexico will be totally different as Eddie himself stated yesterday. My brother in-law got some really close pics and even nailed McCready's guitar pick..... anyway they show was unbelievable can't wait to hear it again..........