Options

*** Camden 1 Fanviews Here 6/19/2008 ***

1235»

Comments

• Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    stranger34 wrote:
    This was my first show since the lottery system and I noticed the first few rows really rocking more so than in the past I think this new system works in getting peple who treat the first rows as a once in a lifetime experience...

no offense to those whove had them in the past but you just cant exect someone to be as excited when its their 25th time and ther'll be a 26th than someones first and probably last!!!

I can undersatand why some people would be PISSED ... I mean, if you live in Philly, and go to EVERY PJ show at Camden, then you KNOW where your great tenclub # gets you, so to be in the back would definitely SUCK, but I think the tenclub has come up with the BEST and the FAIREST way to spread the love, and if you think that's bullshit I'll just bet they'd love to hear your BETTER suggestion...
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    stron18stron18 Posts: 8
    I don't believe that I've ever posted, but since I'm still reeling from last night, I have to share my excitement!

First I want to say thank you thank you thank you to 10c for the tickets. Having a higher number, I was a little worried about what seats I would get, but while I was in line, I heard a guy complaining about his seats after he got his tickets. His friend said "Dude, who cares. WE HAVE <i>SEATS</i>." I gladly shared in his sentiment. After many exasperating and unsuccessful attempts at getting 10c tickets, he reminded me that I was lucky enough to be in the pavilion and not be stuck in the lawn like the last two times. I'm so glad that 10c has improved the ticket buying process (if only the signs at the box office were easier to read).

I thought the energy was so much better at this show then the other shows I've been to in Camden (then again, I was among fellow 10 clubbers). The set list was amazing, by far one of my favorites. I had tickets to see them for the first time in Toledo in '96, right after No Code came out. I was so excited that they were coming to Toledo of all places, but I didn't get to use them because the show fell during my 8th grade trip and my parents refused to let me miss it. So I was understandably surprised and blown away when they played "Who You Are" as I've never seen it live and I've always resented missing it the first time. "Hard to Imagine" and "Love Reign O'er Me" were also highlights. Again, thanks to the 10c. Wish I was going tonight. Can't wait until next time!
  • Options
    Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
    I love Pear Jam.

I don't know what your eating habits have to do with anything here, but I prefer grape myself.
  • Options
    GlttrGrrl wrote:
    I keep hearing about how great the crowd was, but I thought they were pretty lame. The band's set was over and hundreds of people sat down, entitled to an encore. It was ridiculous. No cheers, no screaming, no clapping, not even the slightest effort. AND THIS WAS IN THE 10C Section in the front. SERIOUSLY? You guys suck.

although I wasn't in the section that you speak of, I sat down after the main set. I had been up since 3:30 in the morning and worked all day. I then had to drive 3 hours to a shit hole town to watch a great band. Not to mention that they made us park almost a fucking mile away from the venue. I was tired and had every right to be. Besides that, it's MY fucking seat that I paid for with MY money and there is no one, absolutely no one that's going to tell me when I should or should not sit. Maybe during the MSG shows I'll sit the whole time. That's my right because it's MY ticket and MY seat. If you or anyone else doesn't like it they can go fuck themselves.
  • Options
    The setlist included some songs not played live in a long time. The band played great and Mike rocked the house as usual. Ed's voice was strong and the crowd was ELECTRIC !!!!
  • Options
    GlttrGrrl wrote:

I keep hearing about how great the crowd was, but I thought they were pretty lame. The band's set was over and hundreds of people sat down, entitled to an encore. It was ridiculous. No cheers, no screaming, no clapping, not even the slightest effort. AND THIS WAS IN THE 10C Section in the front. SERIOUSLY? You guys suck.

I think you're using the word "entitled" a little too liberally here. I was in the 8th row center behind the pit, and yes, many people sat down during the encore breaks but...um, who really cares? It was a BREAK. They know the band is coming back, AND as soon as we got a glimpse of them re-entering the wings of the stage, EVERYONE around me was instantly on their feet again cheering to the high heavens. There's no "entitlement" there. Just true appreciation. At concerts for other artists, there's a good chance those people who sat weren't getting back up.
    GlttrGrrl wrote:
    I also really am not digging the lottery for the 9th and 10th rows at least. I saw at least 2 people in row 10 sitting and trying to sleep during the show. Most of the people in 9 and 10 looked like they barely knew who PJ were. They were not as into it as I think anyone lucky enough to get bumped forward a million rows should be, but that's just my opinion.

I'm also bitter that I get pushed back a few rows for people who don't seem to appreciate their "prize". I get the lottery for rows 1 & 2 (which I'm not sure is blind - has anyone with a super low 10C number won one of those seats, yet?), but give rows 9 & 10 back to us! And don't sell them for $2K to line someone's pockets, either.

Not everyone "enjoys" a concert the same way that you do. Some people are more mellow and just take it all in. I don't know why you were paying that much mind to the people you saw around you. I block all that out. There will always be a few people here and there that don't seem to "belong" in the 10c section based on their low energy, etc. But, what are you really going to do about it? As long as others aren't preventing me from enjoying the concert and singing my heart out, then I'm not going to complain. Those "sleepers" you speak of, unfortunately, were probably people way too drunk or stoned. I was quite happy with the 10c section around me. The sound of the crowd singing along, at times, was deafening. You can't ask for much more than that.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Nah, I guess it was the fumes from the cannabis that the guy sitting next to me was toking All Night. Maybe I was sub consciously thinking that the moon looked like a pear. LOL, I don't know. Last night, I just thought it looked amazing during this awesome show Pearl Jam put on.

I also noticed the moon, looking back towards the lawn, as the moon came up over the wall. It was orange, with like a haze. Pretty sweet.

I also noticed the amount of Cannabus being smoked. I have never been to a show of any band where so much was being consumed around me. Not that I really mind at all.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    wrong thread!
  • Options
    NCFUSERNCFUSER Posts: 29
    Added this yesterday.
    Enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2qrcHt-6w
    9/29/1996, 8/28/1998, 8/29/1998, 9/8/1998, 8/25/2000, 9/1/2000, 9/2/2000, 4/28/2003, 5/03/2003, 7/5/2003, 7/6/2003, 10/01/2004, 9/19/2005, 10/1/2005, 10/3/2005, 5/27/2006, 5/28/2006, 5/30/2006, 6/26/2006, 4/15/2008. 6/19/2008, 6/20/2008, 6/22/2008, 8/16/2008
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    they don't compare....

the RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great show! and they played 5 songs (Reign over me, In hiding, Who you are, Rats, and All Night)

but LEASH is what brought the house down
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    Evo2010 wrote:
    Great setlist, sounds like you guys had fun .Was this the first show of the tour without Alive and did anybody notice it wasnt played

I very much noticed it wasn't played. but I'm sure I'll see it at one of the MSGs
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    spearhead wrote:
    Different in which way?
    You mean if they play LBC you WON'T walk out?
    I bet you really dug LROM, or do you like 'Boom's part' in that song?
    Fuck, what if they play an ALL BOOM show?
    That would really suck ... than you'd have to walk out MUCH earlier.
    For your sake I hope you get all your favorite songs at MSG!
    rock on bro ... I'll be there with ya, but I'll be the obnoxious fuck yelling
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Different in the fact that I won't be driving anywhere and don't care what time the show ends. The train runs 24/7 and I won't have to deal with traffic.

I was at the MSG show in 2003 when they opened with LBC. It's not my favorite song, but it is what it is.

I wouldn't go to an all BOOM show. I don't care for the addition of him to the band. I thought the band sounded better before he came along. That's just my opinion though. Don't let my opinion reflect on how you feel about it.

I don't really have any "favorite" songs. What ever they play, they play. I can't do anything about the set list. I'm not part of that decision making process.

I'm not your Bro.
  • Options
    Amazing show. Had fun tailgating.

"This one's for all the selfish people in the room...the woman," then he said
    "of course I'm talking about the men!"

I picked up on that, being a women and all. Just thought I might add that correction :)
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    had a good time. first set of 10c seats - in section 204, row M (i think) - don't have the tickets in front of me.

Anyway, the people around me were great, had a little boy behind me around 10 or 11 years old with his dad. He had a smile on his face the whole night. And I was next to a guy that I swear was 7 feet tall. I am 5'4" & when I raised my hands up my fingertips didn't even touch his chin. Him & his friend were nice - thanks to all around me, nice having fun people around at a show.
    (considering I almost got peed on by the human sprinkler on night #2) People are gross sometimes, I swear.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    Awesome night...Light Years, U, Rats, all the others. Just a fun show. I probably can't do this next time around (assuming there is a next time) so the concert really felt special to me. My first PJ show was Philly 05, and now the last one before my destitute grad school years in 08. I love Philly and how the band plays there.

Amazingly, that's the first time I heard Black live. If they'd thrown Tremor Christ in there my head would have exploded.

So what a great run -- Columbia with a bunch of friends who I won't see for a long time. Won the ticket lottery at Va. Beach. Wrapped it all up with friends at Camden. I'm a lucky guy.

alex
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Options
    j.roj.ro Posts: 111
    The band sounded great and I was so excited to hear LROM.
    Oh half his life, a hand me down, wasted away
    Of he fills it up, with the love, of a girl...
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    I'm not your Bro.

hah, a Zoolander quote. Timeless
  • Options
    Awesome show! they just keep getting better and better. This was my 10th show and first time hearing In Hiding, loved it.
    353,xxx Section 202, row K. Thank you 10c!
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I loved this show to death!!!!!!!!!! DEFINITELY up there in my top 3......no doubt.
  • Options
    i wasn't sure love regin o'er me could be pulled off live as well as the album version. just seemed like it would be hard to do. but it was incredible live! especically coming out of the encore
    2003: Hershey
    2004: Reading
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Philadelphia
    2006: Camden I, East Rutherford II
    2008: Camden I, Camden II
  • Options
    I agree completely - going into the show i wasn't sure if i wanted to hear it because it seems like such a difficult song to pull off but, it turned out to be one of the highlights of the night
    9/1/2000 - E-Centre, Camden, 'Sometimes' started and I was hooked...
  • Options
    SylSyl Posts: 149
    Magical first concert ever in the States!!! We've seen PJ many times before in Europe since '93 but this is simply great!! Unforgettable.

We were blown away by the tailgate party really. That's something else. All that glass afterwards too!

While sitting on a bench overviewing the Philly skyline and the battleship in such nice weather, we were presented a very nice bonus: the soundcheck!
    Rats, U, several times the beginning of drop the leash, nothing as it seems, love boat captain (Ed forgot the lyrics..), Rats! This was heaven on earth, you know. Over there we met some fine young men who invited us for a drink at the parkinglot. Thanks Dustin & Brad for the very nice times before the show started.

Simply AMAZING that venue...did anybody see that beautiful moon come up while PJ was playing?!

Blown away by the setlist...Hard to Imagine...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
    We heard Rats in Dusseldorf last year and it was great hearing it again!

What else can I say....agree with the shark mentality of the security....
    But that didn't bother me...SO glad we had 3 more shows ahead of us....at that point!
  • Options
    Tb0neTb0ne Posts: 5
    Awsone show. Awesome set list. Very special night for the fans and I think the band, too.
    I'm like an opening band for the sun.
  • Options
    id rocksid rocks Posts: 29
    This night was incredible! As the only show of this tour I was going to be able to see, I had high, high hopes. Leading up to the show I found myself daydreaming about winning the lottery (I'm 331xxx), but figured it was stupid to hope because I "never win anything." Imagine my disbelief when I picked up my tickets with my wife and the first thing I saw as I opened the envelope was "PIT 3". 3rd row Stone's side!!!

Seeing the band up close was an entire new, mindblowing experience. Thank you 10 Club! I was mesmorized the whole night - my wife and I were not able to wipe the smiles off our faces. I LOVED the setlist! Personal favorites were Hard to Imagine, In Hiding, Light Years dedicated to Tim Russert (performed with so much emotion), Grievance, Rats, Love Reign (absolutely searing), and Porch (with Ed climbing a few rows into the crowd on Mike's side). Ed repeatedly coming over to our side to point and wave was awesome. I loved the little things he would do - like shake his head at anyone watching him during Mike's Even Flow solo and point at Mike, like "watch HIM you idiots, not me!." Ed seemed to be in such a great mood all night, repeatedly saying how perfect the night was going. Man, I would give anything to go back in time and experience it all again - it was honestly one of the most fun nights of my life.

Not even getting out of the crazy Camden parking lots could dampen my mood!

Best band in the world! Peace.
    Break the sky and tell me what it's for
  • Options
    brokenarrowbrokenarrow Posts: 478
    I guess better late than never~

Life has been busy, and I haven't said thank you for an amazing show yet.
    Ten Club, thanks for the great seats, row A (3rd row), stage left. A bit of a weird angle but great non-the-less. The energy, the weather, the entire vibe that night was magical. I do believe Ed even commented on it, everyone could feel it, from the first chord of Hard to Imagine, to the last of Ledbetter.
    (why does my heart sink every time I hear those beginning chords anymore? I suppose it means the evening has come to an end)

Got to hear a bit of the soundcheck, never got to experience that before. My friend and I were like little kids with our heads tipped into the gates, whispering and smiling so we wouldn't miss a note.
    and yes, I did hear a little bit of the melody coming from someone's guitar to the Moon Song. ::faint:: ;)

Hearing U for the first time was fantastic, and when boom-boom played the first note of Love, Reign O'er Me, chills ran up my entire body. I've had the privilege of seeing The Who play that twice, one of my favorite all time songs over anything else, and Pearl Jam, you do it justice. I do believe you guys are most likely the only ones who could pull it off, and that's coming from a diehard Who fan of 32 years.
    Fuck, it was perfect.

Got to purchase new PJ socks, new styles, nice and plush for the winter-time! :D
    I was able to hang out with wonderful people that afternoon and evening.
    Every one of us there, ready for a kick ass show and we weren't let down, (as usual).
    From the bottom of my heart, thank you for still making great music after all of these years.

....and then the following week it was off to NY for MSG 2...... :D:)
  • Options
    armyof5armyof5 Posts: 1
    well that is easily my favorite set of the tour, too bad they didnt play that at Va beach! god damnit Ive been to 3 shows now and no black im dieing to hear that live. If night 2 is better id be so surprised that is such a great set. I was debating buying just some of the boots or all of them but after seeing all of these setlists i think i have to buy them all.

Much agreed! Buying the entire set is well worth it after checking out all of the other shows. Camden night I was amazing! LROM nearly brought the house down. I'm getting goose bumps just remembering it!
    Once divided nothing left to subtract

I let go of the rope thinking that's what held me back

Merriwether Post 96
    Philly 98
    Philly 05
    Camden I 06
    Camden I 08
    Camden II 08
  • Options
    armyof5 wrote:
    Much agreed! Buying the entire set is well worth it after checking out all of the other shows. Camden night I was amazing! LROM nearly brought the house down. I'm getting goose bumps just remembering it!

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=uV9WvOyjICU

Hear the crowd too!!!

One thing bout the seating:
    Although I was VERY happy to be there, our seats row B in section 104 on the very left had a very bad view on stage.....and bad sound.
  • Options
    brokenarrowbrokenarrow Posts: 478
    Rocks wrote:
    http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=uV9WvOyjICU

Hear the crowd too!!!

One thing bout the seating:
    Although I was VERY happy to be there, our seats row B in section 104 on the very left had a very bad view on stage.....and bad sound.

Thank you so much for sharing this! This was the song that night that made me have tears streaming down my cheeks.

I was in the same section row A, weird angle wasn't it? we were more in the middle-ish of the row thank goodness...

we couldn't stay for Ted Leo, (and we really tried), but with the wall of amps hanging in front of us, we thought our ears and neck were going to explode...they were way too loud. I didn't mind PJ's sound, it was so much better than the pharmacists.
  • Options
    Maybe you can spot yourself!
    The crowd from our point of view:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27664413@N08/2618751475/in/set-72157605863805926/
  • Options
    PhillyPACMGPhillyPACMG Philadelphia, PA Posts: 50
    My fan club # 235xxx - my seats - usually the last row of the first section/first row of the 2nd section - here is one of the good pixs i was able to take once i put my camera on the night setting - i'm posting it more for a perspective of what the stage looks like from soooooo very faw away!

http://chrissy.smugmug.com/gallery/5302001_wxFvN/1/316612531_EiEVw/Medium
    *My whole life-like a picture on a sunny day*
    16 Philly / 14 Memphis / 13 Wrigley & Philly / 12 Atlanta & Philly / 09 Philly Spectrum I II III IV / 08 Camden I & II, MSG II / 07 Chicago Lolla / 06 E. Rutherford & Camden / 05 AC & Philly/ 04 Reading / 03 Philly & Camden / 98 Camden