Comments

• Options
    you're welcome

ciao!!
    This is how I feel....

If there was a reason, it was you
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247

The show was amazing, just eddie and a guitar. One of, if not the best show, I have ever had the privelage of attending.
    Thanks to Vancouver and all those who organized the pre meet up, so many people, so many great items auctioned off for a great cause....i bid on and successfully one the spain 2007.
    Vaccouver represented......awesome!!!

it was nice to meet pit faces too at the preparty.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    what and the hell was the read fruity looking drink Ed was drinking all night instead of wine?
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Man what an outstanding show... People elsewhere seem to be sooooo negative, it gets tiring... It strait up ruled.
  • Options
    what and the hell was the read fruity looking drink Ed was drinking all night instead of wine?

I was hoping it was a pint of campari ala steve zissou, but it looked like some sort of delicious fruit juice.
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    He was not joking.
    one does not need distraction when he's up there playing all alone.
    one mistake and you're fucked.
    I thought the crowd improved as the show went along.
    Still I would rate the moron-factor as medium.
    Oh, and what about the fricking 'las vegas applause' ?? You know, the one people do when they recognise the song he's singing.
    Can't you really wait the end of the song ?
    Las Vegas applause ratio : 90%
    Come on kids you can do better.

Someone probably already said this...but - don't take it all so seriously. Jeez. he was not 'fucked' by any of his mistakes...roll with it, man.. Your post kinda sounds like you've never been to a live show before...I will maintain that he was joking about the "complete silence", and I won't try to convince you otherwise. Just take things in stride...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Gatorade and water... can't remember the flavour though...Fruit Punch maybe...

Photos from the show

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/photogalleries/musicnightlife2004324871/1.html
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,647
    i'll be uploading and posting pics of both Vancouver setlists tomorrow, feelin' a little too tired/lazy this evening,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I loved the stickers and buttons that came in a pack. I thought it was even cute that Ed had his own buttons and stickers on the inside of his suitcase..

I took lots of pre-party pics and will post them tomorrow..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    yahamita wrote:
    I loved the stickers and buttons that came in a pack. I thought it was even cute that Ed had his own buttons and stickers on the inside of his suitcase..

I took lots of pre-party pics and will post them tomorrow..

I jumped the gun on the pre-party total....I must have heard someone else talking about buying a car or a boat or something...But I was fading as I had not had a chance to eat and was sustaining myself on sangria and half a margarita (as someone put something in my drink when I had to leave it unattended, so I couldn't finish it - no big deal)....

As restlesssoul said - $1550 raised for Surfrider Vancouver, who were EXTREMELY grateful for the experience and the funds...they couldn't say thank you enough!

The stickers were cool...I'm gonna put one on the back of my uke and put an ed pin next to my 27-year-old Who pin on my jacket...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i posted these on facebook, but not everyone is on there. Here is a few pics from the last two great days in Vancouver hanging with you guys.

newfie joe, restlesssoul, Born.Mine.Die, pjbiz
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5348.jpg

auction table action....the place was packed at a couple points in the night. great showing

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5349.jpg
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5358.jpg
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5339.jpg
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5344.jpg

manimal, newfie joe, restlesssoul, Born.Mine.Die, pjbiz
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5423.jpg

Born.Mine.Die, masterframer, pearljamjen, small town beck, south of seattle, restlesssoul, manimal
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5426.jpg

pearljamjen, soundgrunger, masterframer, smalltown beck, south of seattle
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5419.jpg

pjbiz, black red yellow, doin' the evolution, newfie joe, Born.Mine.Die, restlesssoul
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5381.jpg

vedderfan 10, restlesssoul, squizzlefritz, the guy who won the tix
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5369.jpg

doin' the evolution black red yellow, rob, carlos
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5362.jpg

juliefer, restlesssoul and juliefers hubby. juliefer makes the stained glass.
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5343-1.jpg

the stained glass.
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/restlesssoulbdp/IMG_5371.jpg

Two very memorable days and nights, and like vedderfan 10 said, the shows were just a bonus. meeting great like minded people who all share a common bond through the music was so great.

cant wait to meet more of you in DC and New York in june. Rock on.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I am so glad I was there. it was like, temple of Ed.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Just got into the office on a slow Friday from being in a Car from 10:30 am to 8:15 pm :eek:

Amazing show to say the least. 10c seats dead center row L with Soundrgrunger. Restlesssoul & Born.Mine.Die to the right. GR8Dane behind me as well as Einatshaul I believe. Nice little pit section if you ask me.

No matter what people are saying, this was a great show. Sure people were yelling, sure people were breaking rules. But last I checked we weren't seeing the Boston Pops Orchestra. It's a concert and if there are only about 10 jack-asses in the crowd out of almost 2,000, I'd say it was a success. :)

Ed started out a little nervous as one might expect. Soon he warmed up and the show started rolling. It was great listening to the little stories and hearing fuck-ups. Live Music isn't meant to be perfect and flawless, it should be raw and engaging.

I was definitely a happy camper and enjoyed Vancouver and every single one of you I met out there!

Song highlights: Hard Sun, Porch, Trouble, Walking the Cow, & Around the Bend all sounded Amazing tonight.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    The chills in my spine are what shot me out of my seat when he said he wasn't going to play and then proceeded to play porch. One of many epic moments that night :)
  • Options
    coach pjcoach pj Posts: 217
    I had a fantastic time. I took my seven year old daughter with me to the concert. She has seen Pearl Jam before with me, and was very excited to see Eddie. We had a great time and before Porch one of the crew came over to us and handed us the setlist. Definitely made the night special and and will go in the frame next to the tickets and the poster.
  • Options
    tonights show was amazing and pure.

I am still elated by the phenomenal performance by the living legend Eddie Vedder. His voice filled the theater as it encapsulated our ears and souls. Powerful words, verses and lyrical genius, on display for us all to hear, see and feel. Amazement, contentment and pure joy filled the room as the man; the living icon of our generation spoke and sang, the words of his language to us. His blunders cheered and his accomplishments appraised, by all his adoring fan. I know he is the byzantine that meets our minds in thin air.
  • Options
    The talent exuded from the audience, as each note was played. The showmanship of this solo man on display, was more than most artist; these days, dream of being.

He sang old tunes, new tunes and a few penned by others, each given their moment to shine. He played 3 sets and all were abundant.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    tonights show was amazing and pure.

I am still elated by the phenomenal performance by the living legend Eddie Vedder. His voice filled the theater as it encapsulated our ears and souls. Powerful words, verses and lyrical genius, on display for us all to hear, see and feel. Amazement, contentment and pure joy filled the room as the man; the living icon of our generation spoke and sang, the words of his language to us. His blunders cheered and his accomplishments appraised, by all his adoring fan. I know he is the byzantine that meets our minds in thin air.

HERE HERE!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Amazing show to say the least. 10c seats dead center row L with Soundrgrunger. Restlesssoul & Born.Mine.Die to the right. GR8Dane behind me as well as Einatshaul I believe.

Yes! I was M center, I was the one jumping in my seat all the time and finally stood up for Porch, I couldn't take the sitting at that point! :) inspired by UrbenHiker, who rocked out first (Sorry, row N people, oh Jason and Joe!)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,647
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    A trip I will never forget! Thanks to the great new friends made!!! 10 club for the chance at tickets for the show!!!! Restlesssoul for taking care of us in Canada!!!! MasterFramer and South of Seattle and Brandon for the game of bumper tag all the way up I-5... Cant forget Liam Finn and Ed who made the night! The night continued well into the wee hours with dinner with some great new friends! See ya all next time!!!!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    been waiting 2 years since my grandpa died to hear Man of the Hour...
    thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

...it was, PURE. MAGIC.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I know he is the byzantine that meets our minds in thin air.

*Stalker Alert*
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I jumped the gun on the pre-party total....I must have heard someone else talking about buying a car or a boat or something...But I was fading as I had not had a chance to eat and was sustaining myself on sangria and half a margarita (as someone put something in my drink when I had to leave it unattended, so I couldn't finish it - no big deal)....

As restlesssoul said - $1550 raised for Surfrider Vancouver, who were EXTREMELY grateful for the experience and the funds...they couldn't say thank you enough!

The stickers were cool...I'm gonna put one on the back of my uke and put an ed pin next to my 27-year-old Who pin on my jacket...
    I was really excited and told Eric wrong. But that is not a bad chunk of change either!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    The Pre-party was great, thanks for setting that up. The shows were amazing. Cheers

the show was fantastic! There was talking between the some of the songs, stuff like things he read in the local paper, a bit about Dewy Cox (after some yelled "How about some Dewy Cox!?")...told us about Luke the Uke and how a uke can be your best friend (mine hates me, so I didn't get quite it)...He messed up a couple of times, but that was so great! It was a really good show and wow...if you're a pearl jam fan, get your ass to one of Ed's shows! Small venues are great! As for all the shouting...mildly annoying...and it did seem like a hockey game in that respect, but hey! It's Vancouver...yes, Ed asked for complete silence at one point - but he was joking!! It was a really wonderful night!

There was no wine drinking...

And the pre-party was awesomely attended and fabulous! Thanks to everyone who came out - and special thanks to Tabi, Denise, Brandon, Brad, *dawn*, and anyone I forgot... Also a HUGE thanks to Adrian from Surfrider for donating all that great stuff!

Pearl Jam fans rock!!
  • Options
    coach pj wrote:
    I had a fantastic time. I took my seven year old daughter with me to the concert. She has seen Pearl Jam before with me, and was very excited to see Eddie. We had a great time and before Porch one of the crew came over to us and handed us the setlist. Definitely made the night special and and will go in the frame next to the tickets and the poster.

Was she the kid with the PJ kids hoodie (with the blue stars on it)? Because I noticed that hoodie when I was buying my poster and I was so jealous! :) I love seeing kids at PJ shows!
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    My review, copied from my blog on April 3:
    Eddie Vedder was pretty awesome last night. The theatre was really small so even though I was in row WW (on the floor), I still had a great view. They had a pretty nice poster but it's the same one for all his solo shows so I don't think it's going for extravagant prices on eBay (yet). I bought a t-shirt too: the front is the same as the T they sent with the Into The Wild cd but the back says "Eddie Vedder" and the tour dates. It was a girl T, unlike the 10C ones so it fits really nicely.

Anyway, Eddie was wearing white jeans and a green shirt with a Butthole Surfers T-shirt. He talked to the audience a lot and he fucked up during No Ceiling and another Into the Wild song. He played a few PJ songs like Around the Bend, Dead Man, Man of the Hour and Driftin' but it was mostly Into the Wild songs (as was expected); he did Porch and a Bruce Springsteen cover (Growing Up) during an encore.

Some people were being idiots and yelling stuff at him. Like at one point, Ed stopped to talk about some statue that was being removed from a Vancouver park and some guy's like "WHO CARES? WE LIVE HERE!" and I was like "are you seriously yelling at Eddie Vedder?" I assumed that since the tickets sold out so quickly, the theatre would be filled with proper fans, not someone who would yell at Eddie for telling a 2 minute long story....and so many DUDES were saying "I LOVE YOU EDDIE!" Some chick yelled out that he looked SO GOOD in those white jeans. It was embarassing.

Most people didn't take pictures during the show but I saw a few cameras so they will probably be some You Tube videos. During the final encore, he played Hard Sun (with Liam Finn) and everyone whipped out the cameras so I got 3 blurry pictures. Also, someone yelled something about that Walk Hard movie and Eddie was describing a scene in it. I haven't see the movie but I got to hear Eddie say "lick my balls"! Exciting.

What else? Liam Finn opened and he was AMAZING. He signed autographs in the merch booth after his set so my bf got him to sign his record. He also accompanied Ed during Society and Hard Sun. I bought his solo album and it's fantastic.

Good times!
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    tish wrote:
    Ed, brought Vancouver's attention to local artwork in a park which may be removed (and relocated, shouted one fan). The art is a sculpture of an inverted church. Ed joked that if it is such a problem couldn't God take it down.

http://www.nyartsmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=166513&Itemid=24

Dennis Oppenheim's public art piece Device to Root Out Evil (1997) will be removed from Harbour Green Park, reports the Vancouver Sun. The sculpture of an inverted church was originally installed in the park as part of the Vancouver International Sculpture Biennale in 2005 and was meant to stay there for 18 months. Extenuating circumstances, including a civic strike last year, led to the sculpture's longer stay, but residents have expressed concerns about it, saying that the piece, which is almost 23 feet high, blocks views and takes up too much of the park's grassy area. (Artinfo, March 28, 2008)

Ed also talked about his monk friend from Tibet who skateboard backstage on the Sonic Youth/Beastie Boys/Lollapolouza tour. He discussed the headlines about Suicide Attacker from Tibet, and the article which could not substantiate the headline. He called BULLSHIT, said it was most likely a Republican ploy.

As Ed wanted to give something to the fans, he talked about the program guides and made a brief reference to the West Memphis Three. I did not take a pamphlet, so I will have to go to a hardware store and buy myself a large bolt with EV engraved on the nut.

The Dewey Cox joke was about a man having 2 wives, who excused himself as he could not turn down having his balls licked. I personally prefer armpits. I threw my head back and laughed a few times during his comments.

He said, that his Uke, who is probably named Luke, is a good friend as it doesn't talk back, but hey, we do have a "Don't Gimme No Lip" song, so I think Luke is overrated.

I got the sense that Ed was going to play another song at the end of his first encore, but the crowd rose and wouldn't sit down as Ed requested.

Everyone bitching about the crowd can kiss my ass. We weren't that bad Jesus. I even correct Ed, shouting "2 Minutes" after Ed joked only the first 2 weeks are the only good part of the relationship! Plus Ed asked security to relax, and would keep it cooler for tomorrow's show after one fan pointed out that to be disruptive to the show.

Ed talked about how one of his song's was about what he went through earlier this year. Did he bloody break up with the girlfriend? Whatever.

Got to go back to work, boss is making me other people's jobs cuz I'm writing this.
    i was wondering too if he and jill were still hangin out.he usually talks about his daughter,olivia
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    In case anyone wanted to see the sculpture, I shot these the day after the concert (I had seen it the day before, and after Eddie said it was coming down I decided I wanted to have a memory... its a wicked sculpture!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20416888@N06/2388115994/sizes/o/
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    nice set

wish I could've been there.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004