Options

**Vancouver Fanviews here 4/02**

KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Please share your fanviews of the show here...the fanview threads are preserved on the board. :)

Ed Vedder April Fool's Tour

April 2, 2008 The Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada

Set List (unconfirmed): Walking The Cow, Around The Bend, I Am Mine, Dead Man, Man of the Hour, Guaranteed, No Ceiling, Far Behind, Rise, Millworker, Goodbye, Broken Hearted, You're True, Drifting, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Picture in a Frame, Trouble, I Won't Back Down, Forever Young

1st encore: Society, Growing Up, No More, Porch
2nd encore: Hard Sun
Falling down,...not staying down
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    veddermanvedderman Posts: 799
    someone post a setlist first please

thanks!
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    Walking the Cow
    Around the Bend
    I Am Mine
    Dead Man
    MOTH
    Guaranteed
    No Ceiling
    Far Behind
    Rise
    Millworker
    Goodbye
    Brokenhearted
    You're True
    Driftin
    Hide Your Love Away
    Picture In A Frame
    Trouble
    I Won't Back Down
    Forever Young

Encore 1
    Society
    Growing Up
    No More
    Porch

Encore 2
    Hard Sun
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    mmmmm...nice setlist
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    sick setlist
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    will this ever appear on CD?
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    that setlist is awesome! i wonder if he'll change it up a lot throughout the tour or kinda stick to the same stuff
  • Options
    Damn! Wish I was going to a solo show.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    This setlist has me REALLY excited for the LA shows!

Only disappointment is no "Setting Forth"...but I'm hopeful it will appear in coming shows.

Good question about mixing up the setlist or sticking to the same one. Usually I'd guarantee he'd mix it up, but I don't know how many other songs he could possibly be familiar enough with to play...

We'll see tonight. :)
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    the show was fantastic! There was talking between the some of the songs, stuff like things he read in the local paper, a bit about Dewy Cox (after some yelled "How about some Dewy Cox!?")...told us about Luke the Uke and how a uke can be your best friend (mine hates me, so I didn't get quite it)...He messed up a couple of times, but that was so great! It was a really good show and wow...if you're a pearl jam fan, get your ass to one of Ed's shows! Small venues are great! As for all the shouting...mildly annoying...and it did seem like a hockey game in that respect, but hey! It's Vancouver...yes, Ed asked for complete silence at one point - but he was joking!! It was a really wonderful night!

There was no wine drinking...

And the pre-party was awesomely attended and fabulous! Thanks to everyone who came out - and special thanks to Tabi, Denise, Brandon, Brad, *dawn*, and anyone I forgot... Also a HUGE thanks to Adrian from Surfrider for donating all that great stuff!

Pearl Jam fans rock!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951

And the pre-party was awesomely attended and fabulous! Thanks to everyone who came out - and special thanks to Tabi, Denise, Brandon, Brad, *dawn*, and anyone I forgot... Also a HUGE thanks to Adrian from Surfrider for donating all that great stuff!

Pearl Jam fans rock!!

HUGE SUCCESS!!! the pre party was a great time, THANK YOU Vedderfan!

TOGETHER WE RAISED 1,553$$ for surfrider.

i cant wait to hear millworker again tonight, OMG that was the best for me. See you tonight! Round 2!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    nocodemannocodeman Posts: 27
    What time did Ed take the stage?
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 692
    (had this on another thread, but let's make it offical)
    A favorite part for me was the story about the old Butthole Surfers shirt he was wearing. This is the shirt you see him in in a few of the old 10 era promo photos. He was saying how he liked it because it said "surfer" down the middle, but when he saw the photos in magazines later all you could see was the giant "BUTTHOLE" written along the side!

It was great to hear No More live in person. Gorgeous song and very moving. Ed was trying desperately to get the crowd to sing "No More" at the end but there was only a few takers. I got the feeling people felt self-concious belting out that one. Drifting with the harmonica sounded great, and Society with Liam Finn was also a highlight for me. And of course the finale...great way to end the show!! Ed's voice was in great shape tonight. At one point he lost it, but just for a second. Sounded amazing.

Like a bunch of other people have mentioned, get there early for Liam Finn!
    Wow!!

And the crowd...almost ruined for me, but after about 6 songs I noticed it dropped off a bit. There was still the odd drunken moron shouting like an idiot and interupting Ed's stories, but it did get better. Props to Ed for going with it.
  • Options
    As for all the shouting...mildly annoying...and it did seem like a hockey game in that respect, but hey! It's Vancouver...yes, Ed asked for complete silence at one point - but he was joking!! It was a really wonderful night!

Pearl Jam fans rock!!

He was not joking.
    one does not need distraction when he's up there playing all alone.
    one mistake and you're fucked.
    I thought the crowd improved as the show went along.
    Still I would rate the moron-factor as medium.
    Oh, and what about the fricking 'las vegas applause' ?? You know, the one people do when they recognise the song he's singing.
    Can't you really wait the end of the song ?
    Las Vegas applause ratio : 90%
    Come on kids you can do better.
  • Options
    Is your user name referencing what I think its referencing?
    He was not joking.
    one does not need distraction when he's up there playing all alone.
    one mistake and you're fucked.
    I thought the crowd improved as the show went along.
    Still I would rate the moron-factor as medium.
    Oh, and what about the fricking 'las vegas applause' ?? You know, the one people do when they recognise the song he's singing.
    Can't you really wait the end of the song ?
    Las Vegas applause ratio : 90%
    Come on kids you can do better.
  • Options
    Is your user name referencing what I think its referencing?

Yes, I was in Seattle, Vancouver, going to Sacramento.
    Skipping San Jose to see Eddie in Santa Cruz.
    Seattle was one of the best of the tour.
  • Options
    andyGILLandyGILL Posts: 6
    I have to say, that was a beautiful show. There were a few idiots but you could really feel the love for Eddie.

The butthole surfers part was amazing. Same with when he didn't want to say the quote from the Dewey Cox movie, heh.

I've been to their GM place show in 2005 and their back-to-back shows at the Gorge last year. Eddie cannot disappoint, it is simple impossible for him to let me down. =)
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    the show was fantastic! There was talking between the some of the songs, stuff like things he read in the local paper, a bit about Dewy Cox (after some yelled "How about some Dewy Cox!?")...told us about Luke the Uke and how a uke can be your best friend (mine hates me, so I didn't get quite it)...He messed up a couple of times, but that was so great! It was a really good show and wow...if you're a pearl jam fan, get your ass to one of Ed's shows! Small venues are great! As for all the shouting...mildly annoying...and it did seem like a hockey game in that respect, but hey! It's Vancouver...yes, Ed asked for complete silence at one point - but he was joking!! It was a really wonderful night!

Pearl Jam fans rock!!

THANKS!!!!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    Brain Of EBrain Of E Posts: 499
    I don't know if this has been answered before but i didn't see it on this thread. So did Ed have a backing band or was he solo.
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667

Pearl Jam fans rock!!

THANKS!!!!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,922
    Ed, brought Vancouver's attention to local artwork in a park which may be removed (and relocated, shouted one fan). The art is a sculpture of an inverted church. Ed joked that if it is such a problem couldn't God take it down.

http://www.nyartsmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=166513&Itemid=24

Dennis Oppenheim's public art piece Device to Root Out Evil (1997) will be removed from Harbour Green Park, reports the Vancouver Sun. The sculpture of an inverted church was originally installed in the park as part of the Vancouver International Sculpture Biennale in 2005 and was meant to stay there for 18 months. Extenuating circumstances, including a civic strike last year, led to the sculpture's longer stay, but residents have expressed concerns about it, saying that the piece, which is almost 23 feet high, blocks views and takes up too much of the park's grassy area. (Artinfo, March 28, 2008)

Ed also talked about his monk friend from Tibet who skateboard backstage on the Sonic Youth/Beastie Boys/Lollapolouza tour. He discussed the headlines about Suicide Attacker from Tibet, and the article which could not substantiate the headline. He called BULLSHIT, said it was most likely a Republican ploy.

As Ed wanted to give something to the fans, he talked about the program guides and made a brief reference to the West Memphis Three. I did not take a pamphlet, so I will have to go to a hardware store and buy myself a large bolt with EV engraved on the nut.

The Dewey Cox joke was about a man having 2 wives, who excused himself as he could not turn down having his balls licked. I personally prefer armpits. I threw my head back and laughed a few times during his comments.

He said, that his Uke, who is probably named Luke, is a good friend as it doesn't talk back, but hey, we do have a "Don't Gimme No Lip" song, so I think Luke is overrated.

I got the sense that Ed was going to play another song at the end of his first encore, but the crowd rose and wouldn't sit down as Ed requested.

Everyone bitching about the crowd can kiss my ass. We weren't that bad Jesus. I even correct Ed, shouting "2 Minutes" after Ed joked only the first 2 weeks are the only good part of the relationship! Plus Ed asked security to relax, and would keep it cooler for tomorrow's show after one fan pointed out that to be disruptive to the show.

Ed talked about how one of his song's was about what he went through earlier this year. Did he bloody break up with the girlfriend? Whatever.

Got to go back to work, boss is making me other people's jobs cuz I'm writing this.
  • Options
    Is that My Own Two Hands? And is that a Jack Johnson or a Ben Harper? According to the song list, PJ's only played that once before in Australia.
    Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    Is that My Own Two Hands? And is that a Jack Johnson or a Ben Harper? According to the song list, PJ's only played that once before in Australia.

I guess it's Man Of The Hour.. haha
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    tish wrote:
    Everyone bitching about the crowd can kiss my ass. We weren't that bad Jesus. I even correct Ed, shouting "2 Minutes" after Ed joked only the first 2 weeks are the only good part of the relationship! Plus Ed asked security to relax, and would keep it cooler for tomorrow's show after one fan pointed out that to be disruptive to the show.

I don't need to hear "LOLLAPALOOZA 1992! PEARL JAM YEAH!" interrupting Ed, or some lady down the row from me telling Ed to "Take it all off" when he's trying to relay the Butthole Surfers shirt story. (This particular lady felt the need to respond to every little thing Ed said.) These a few people who felt they were having their own personal conversation with Ed from the last rows of the orchestra section, and they were obnoxious and grating.
    They did sorta quiet down after a while, but it shouldn't have been like that in the first place. It was one of those situations where the crowd should have taken the tune from the artist in terms of atmosphere, and while the majority got it, there's always a few that missed being extracted from the PJ fan pool and placed rightly in the Nickelback's.
    And I don't kiss. I bite.
    :)
  • Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144

Man of the Hour I assume
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151
    Brain Of E wrote:
    I don't know if this has been answered before but i didn't see it on this thread. So did Ed have a backing band or was he solo.

He was solo excpet for Society with Liam and Hard Sun with Liam & EJ Barnes ......both were amazing! :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,151
    NiteLite10 wrote:
    Man of the Hour I assume

Yes
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    This setlist has me REALLY excited for the LA shows!

Only disappointment is no "Setting Forth"...but I'm hopeful it will appear in coming shows.

Good question about mixing up the setlist or sticking to the same one. Usually I'd guarantee he'd mix it up, but I don't know how many other songs he could possibly be familiar enough with to play...

We'll see tonight. :)

it will not be mixed up much at all.... in other words, going to multiple shows is a waste of money.. and especially for the fanatics flying across the country.... lol
  • Options
    annie25annie25 Posts: 1
    Help please!
    Does anyone know what album/musician was being played in the theatre before and after the show? I would realy like to get my hands on a copy...

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    it will not be mixed up much at all.... in other words, going to multiple shows is a waste of money.. and especially for the fanatics flying across the country.... lol

and the Jamily rage will be intense!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?