Options

**Vancouver Fanviews here**

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    How funny, I sat right next to you, on your left!

You were really whooping it up...so nice that Ed recognized your spirit and gave you the tambourine!
    we have similar TenC #s, so we know they were doled out in an equitable way!

Yeah man I remember you! Sorry I'm sure I stepped on your toes a few times. Great show! :)
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • Options
    Vital73 wrote:
    I was in row 3 seat 4 for Vancouver, that was on Mike's side. Ed came over and tossed his tambourine to the guy directly in front of me wearing the yellow Joey Ramone shirt. I think I was as happy as he was and I didn't get shit! Except an incredible show which is more than enough for me. I was at the Gorge and Vancouver and both rocked but for some reason Vancouver seemed a lot more intense, I don't know if it was the indoor venue, or just the amazing Canandian crowd, but whatever it was it fucking rocked! My TC# is 790XX. I missed the '03 tour and Benaryoa but made it to the NW School Benefit and now these two shows. I have seen the band live probably around 15 times and outside of the Mercer Arena show in Seattle on the VS tour where Ed pounded a hole in the stage and then climbed in it, these were the best two shows I can remember. They have a way of taking over my entire being when they play live and I wasn't sure if it would be the same after three years but they never dissapoint and I can't wait to see them again! Poor Little Girl at the end of the Supersucker's set was just straight up fucking BAWLS OUT rock and as soon as it was over I knew the PJ set would kick. Fave tracks of the set: Bee Girl, Blood, Release, and Alive. My neck is still killing me and it's been 5 days! Peace.

Not to sound like a jock but I think the whole show was "balls out" for me. My neck still hurts and I still have that horrible bruise on my right leg from hitting the seat so much jumping up and down...
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    pr4mojo1 wrote:
    Yeah man I remember you! Sorry I'm sure I stepped on your toes a few times. Great show! :)

Actually, when you started jumping up and down, I feared I'd leave the gig with a bruise or broken bone, but to your credit, you did a great job of sticking to vertical movement, as opposed to horizontal!
  • Options
    they didnt play rvm...
    ~she dreams in color she dreams in red
    cant find a betterman~
    Vancouver sept 02
    Seattle ???
  • Options
    Ender wrote:
    This was a great show. I brought my x's sister and a couple from Cali to the show. I had 12th row floor stones side and they got 23rd side stage Mikey. They didn't complain about any sound problems...
    anyways I'm a short guy and the girl I brought is like 5'0 but we had the best seats. At the end of row 11 they started 12 like 5 or 6 feet after and I had the aisle. So we had a little dance floor. I'm still sore. Good times.

And having you guys right in front of us made the 13th row a great seat too.
    I think I was two seats over from you guys, why was security hasslin' you all so much?
  • Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    Where are all the nice people I met at the Doghouse after the show? Shoot me some messages people!

I was probably one of them! Definitly headed to the Doghouse after the show and met a few really cool people.

Did you go to that place later in the weekend? It was dead
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    hey ATLPaladin
    Security wasn't hasslin' us really. They were really strict about getting up front and staying out of the aisle. The guy's name was dennis who secured the center aisle. Some dude, after the end of release, took a huge rip off a pipe and blew the smoke right in dennis' face. He didn't say shit. I just laughed and had a good 'ol time after that. Well there was a fight to the right of us, they took the guy down pretty hard, no biggie. I'm glad you appreciated our shortness.
  • Options
    Great Setlist!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    TTOMOTTOMO Posts: 11
    It was nice to hear more older songs like Release, Porch, Blood, Immortality, and the WMA tag, all which I hadn't heard live previously. I wish they'd played Insignificance or Whipping, since they play those half the time, but never when I've seen them (They always seem to play those two in Missoula for some reason, right before they come here, on the last 2 tours.). Nice to hear Baba for a 2nd time.

Wore my nice green Windowpain shirt, with the 1993 Canadian dates on the back. Sat in Section 117, Row 6, right behind the Canucks bench. Best seat I've had to see Pearl Jam.
    07/19/98 Vancouver BC
    05/30/03 Vancouver BC
    09/02/05 Vancouver BC

"And where are they now, the little people of Stonehenge? And what would they say to us, if we were here...tonight?"

Go Vancouver Canucks, Go BC Lions!!!
  • Options
    my first canadian show....and after the high of the gorge, then the travel.....ahhhhhhhh soooooo well worth it!!! amazing night - the boys were soooooo on fire!!!

btw - had my *worst* seats of the tour....`17th row, mike's side - and they were awesome - even for a shorty like me!!! :):):)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    my first canadian show....and after the high of the gorge, then the travel.....ahhhhhhhh soooooo well worth it!!! amazing night - the boys were soooooo on fire!!!

btw - had my *worst* seats of the tour....`17th row, mike's side - and they were awesome - even for a shorty like me!!! :):):)

Forgive me yet???
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    Great show.. crowd was INSANE..

here are some pics.. enjoy..

http://www.the-jeromes.com/pjpics/vancouver.htm
  • Options
    Nice pics...
  • Options
    Late review, but I flew up to Vancouver to see the show on my birthday. Best birthday I've ever had. I haven't been able to get that show out of my head since. My buddy who came with me probably wanted to kill me because I wouldn't shut up about it the rest of the trip.

As everyone has said, the energy in that place was amazing. Simply amazing. Some of the highlights for me were hearing the first notes of Release, Blood was just intense. Absolutely intense. Matt going off at the end of Immortality, the "Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!..." at the end of Alive and just looking out at the crowd and seeing absolutely everyone dancing and singing along.

I came out of there soaking wet from jumping around and dancing and it took a week to get the scratchiness out of my voice, I actually couldn't talk for the first two days after. The band sounded amazing and even though it was kind of a "greatest hits" setlist, it was good for my friend, who is more of a casual fan and I didn't mind a bit.

Thank you Vancouver (what a great city), thank you Ten Club and thank you Pearl Jam. Happy birthday to me.
  • Options
    PuckJam wrote:
    Late review, but I flew up to Vancouver to see the show on my birthday. Best birthday I've ever had. quote]

hey, it was my birthday too! I convinced myself that Ed was singing to *me*! ok, he was singing to us both...September 2 babies rule!
  • Options
    pr4mojo1 wrote:
    Nice pics...

thanks... i got nice vids too.. i might try to find a place to put them sometime..

check back soon...
  • Options
    mk333mk333 Posts: 17
    Pearl Jam has to be the best live band, let alone band, ever. Had such a great time, felt like I was 14 again listening to them for the first time.
    laziness is our downfall
  • Options
    CrpDstr wrote:
    thanks... i got nice vids too.. i might try to find a place to put them sometime..

check back soon...

Great pix. What row were you in? I was 8th row between ed and stone. I didn't think vancouver could compare to the gorge show, but I was so wrong!

I'd love to see some video...
  • Options
    Seen the band 4 times and this was both the most energetic and the best set I had ever head them play. Last show Seattle 2000 was more atmospheric but this had more rarities. Special moments: Mike's acting skills, especially early in the show during Go and Animal, the behind-the-head first half of the solo in Even Flow, Footsteps, Blood, Immortality, Baba. KICKASS!!
  • Options
    Is it just me or was Blood during this show a highlight...I was freaking blown away when they went into Blood...my neck was aching from banging to this one...amazing version....
  • Options
    Is it just me or was Blood during this show a highlight...I was freaking blown away when they went into Blood...my neck was aching from banging to this one...amazing version....

It wasn't just you! :) I'm still freakin' blown away by "blood".. and "daughter/wma" and "even flow" and the irish jig dancing during "baba" and, really, *everything* about the show...The energy and volume was unparalleled.....

oh! thanks tons for sharing your pics, crpdstr!

take good care,
    Em
    make yourself a pact, not to shut doors on the past
    just for today,... I am free

I will not lose my faith
    It's an inside job today
  • Options
    Just a bump because I attended this show and it was just freakin spectacular

the crowd was nuts!!!, the band has so much intensity due to the amazing show at the gorge...certainly does not get the respect it should

Main Set: Release, Go, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Love Boat Captain, Even Flow, Betterman, 1/2 Full, Daughter/(WMA), Wishlist, Lukin, Grievance, Immortality, Nothingman, Down, Do The Evolution, Blood

Encore 1: Footsteps, Small Town, U, Alive
    Encore 2: Bee Girl, Black, Porch
    Encore 3: I Believe In Miracles, Baba, Yellow Ledbetter

highlights:
    Release
    Go
    Even Flow (FREAKIN LOUD)
    Down
    BLOOD!! (BEST VERSION)
    Footsteps
    U
    Alive
    Bee Girl
    Porch
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Just a bump because I attended this show and it was just freakin spectacular

the crowd was nuts!!!, the band has so much intensity due to the amazing show at the gorge...certainly does not get the respect it should

Main Set: Release, Go, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Love Boat Captain, Even Flow, Betterman, 1/2 Full, Daughter/(WMA), Wishlist, Lukin, Grievance, Immortality, Nothingman, Down, Do The Evolution, Blood

Encore 1: Footsteps, Small Town, U, Alive
    Encore 2: Bee Girl, Black, Porch
    Encore 3: I Believe In Miracles, Baba, Yellow Ledbetter

highlights:
    Release
    Go
    Even Flow (FREAKIN LOUD)
    Down
    BLOOD!! (BEST VERSION)
    Footsteps
    U
    Alive
    Bee Girl
    Porch

Yeah, I was there too and thought this show was unbelievable. I still can't believe I heard Footsteps live...Absolutely one of my favorite songs. That version of Alive was the best I've ever heard too!!! Fuckin' awesome. Nice job bumpin' this puppy up, HailHail!
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    I got hit on the head with a quarter during "EvenFlow"...no shit! Hadn't heard the "quarter rant" at that point, but the first word out of my face was "FUCKER!!!" It hurt like a mother, and I couldn't hear anything for a moment or two...there was NO WAY I was going to pass out and miss any of that show!!!

And, what a show it was, even if we couldn't whistle worth shit...Can't wait to see them again! Wow! Wow! Wow!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Heh, it was my dad's birthday that day, and with all of the excitement it never crossed my mind once! I felt kinda selfish afterwards, but it was worth it! Yeah, I know that no matter how many times they play there again, a great bunch of "ready-to-go-for-it" kind people will be there to greet them (myself included) with great enthusiasm (well, ok, a wash of noise, but still). The only thing that kept the show from being too perfect in my mind while I was there (which I know, I shouldn't have let bother me, and it didn't too much...) was the fact that there were quite a few repeats from not only the previous night, but from the previous time they played there. But that's something even Ed or the rest of the band can't be expected to be THAT on top of. I'm not trying to complain; it's minor. All in all, it still beat seeing pretty well any other band on even their best night.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    pj shows in vancouver are always one of the best of the tour.that and seattle. theres less security,everyone is more relaxed. cops arent everywhere. much different vibe than in the states.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    8th show was amazing

footsteps never forget and the end of wishlist!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Its an absolute travesty that this bootleg sounds like crap...this show has totally flown under the radar this past tour...quite a long show with some mean highlights....my favorite being Blood...best version I have ever heard...glad to see it live....
  • Options
    That was a hell of a show.. especially for a first timer :D I was blown away by Blood, and I also remember how pumped up I felt after Go, just freakin amazing! Add that with a crazy crowd and the beginning of a Canadian tour.. wow.
    Vancouver 9/2/05
    Gorge 7/23/06
  • Options
    god i wish i could live those two days over again, canuck rocker.....

gorge then vancouver was effin incredible.....van couver was probably the best out of cal and ed.......oh i wish it was september again....im sad.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18