Options

**Vancouver Fanviews here**

Comments

• Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Alright, time for my Vancouver fanview….

This show was bad-fucking-ass!!! And, if I am not mistaken, I had seats right in front of AmentsChick and Ontheflipside!!! Yay….see, I do exist! Thanks 10c for awesome seats!

Yup, that was us. I am glad you had a great time, I thought it was amazing!

And I apologize for thinking that you didn't exist.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Yup, that was us. I am glad you had a great time, I thought it was amazing!

And I apologize for thinking that you didn't exist.
    I looked right at you and waived and said goodbye...I knew that was you. ;) Then I bonked M on the head with my poster but she wasn't looking at me.
  • Options
    I have seen Pearl Jam a couple times before this.

I have also gone to virtually every rock show that has ever come to Vancouver since I was about 15 , I'm 35 now.

This show was one of the best concerts I have ever attended, period. If not the very best.

I have never heard EV sound so good , and all I can say about todays youth is they know their Pearl Jam. Almost every person in my section (109) was belting out the songs (along with every other person in the building) and every person around me was completely rocking out.

When I think back to songs like Alive and Do the Evolution (just to name a COUPLE , I could literally go ON AND ON) , it really sends chills up my spine , and that , to an arena veteran like myself , doesn't happen often.

What a show , I just can't believe how good it was really. I could write a ten page review, but I'll just close with:

Holy F*** that was good.

Take care everybody ,

JD
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I looked right at you and waived and said goodbye...I knew that was you. ;) Then I bonked M on the head with my poster but she wasn't looking at me.

How did you know it was us anyway? Was it because of a certain person yelling "Jeff! Jeff! Jeff!" the whole time??

I did wave back didn't I??
  • Options
    CCF23 wrote:
    There were some times I was thinking "okay, it can't stay this loud much longer" and then all the sudden it got even louder. It was insane.

Haha, yeah I was cheering non stop but when I'd stop to take a breath I'd listen for a second and be like "holy crap, how the hell does something like this happen!!!"

The atmosphere was amazing to say the least. It seemed like you could put your arm around anybody and sing with them and you would be best friends for those moments where you sang together. It didn't matter how old the person was, whether they were male or female, or their skin colour, all that mattered was that you were in GM Place with your favourite band, singing to your heart's content.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I saw you get the tambourine! I was just a few rows behind you...nice going! I was close to a few drum sticks...but not close enough. The tambourine is an awesome souvenir!!

I saw that too! From the nosebleeds! He pointed right at you and gave it to you. Supercool.
    C'est temps! Au revoir!
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    I still can't believe the energy at this show. I've never seen such love for a band by the fans. Loudest crowd I've ever heard. Unreal.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    How did you know it was us anyway? Was it because of a certain person yelling "Jeff! Jeff! Jeff!" the whole time??

I did wave back didn't I??
    Yeah, you waved back...but I am not sure if at thattime you knew who you were waving at....or did you? I don't know how I knew....I am just good like that! :cool:
  • Options
    pr4mojo1 wrote:
    I just got back to California yesterday from my weekend in Vancouver. The show was absolutley amazing. I've seen the band at least a dozen times now but the energy on Friday night was unmatched.

I had unbelievable seats through the fan club (thanks again Ten Club!!) and we were 3rd row center stage. For anyone else up front I was the really tall guy in the "Iraq is Arabic For Vietnam" shirt. I also ended up getting a tamborine thrown to me by Eddie. That capped off an amazing night. :)

The setlist was great. I couldn't remember the last time I heard them play "Release" or "Footsteps". Those 2 songs alone made it worth the trip up. And hearing my personal favorites like 1/2 Empty, Save You, Baba O'Reily, etc...only made it that much better.

Long story short, great show, great fans, great band.

We're you the tall guy in the blue shirt? I knew Ed threw out a couple tambourines, but he specifically threw one to a guy in a blue shirt ( I think it took Ed a throw or two).

That is really cool. I was sitting behind the stage and I saw Ed point you out and throw the tambourine...I was like "that is one lucky dude!"

ps. what's your 10C # to get such great seats? i missed out on the 10c in Vancouver, but got it for the Gorge.
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • Options
    If you were at the Yaletown Brewpub before the Vancouver show and donated $$$ to the Croens Foundation, shoot me an email at Trey@baselcellars.com
    I have some photos from the event!

Trey
    "Worship the music, not the musician"
    EV
    4/16/92 ; 7/22/92 ; 9/20/92 ; 12/7/93 ; 6/7/95 ; 9/14/96 ; 9/16/96 ; 9/1/98 ; 11/2/00 ; 10/22/01 ; 12/6/02 ; 12/8/02 ; 5/30/03 ; 7/6/03 ; 7/8/03 ; 7/9/03 ; 10/22/03 ; 11/24/03 ; 9/1/05 ; 9/2/05 ; 7/9/06 ; 7/10/06 ; 7/22/06 ; 7/23/06 ; 8/22/2009 ; 8/23/2009 ; 9/21/2009 ; 9/22/2009 ; 9/3/2011 ; 9/4/2011
  • Options
    Wow nice pics! I was wondering who that shirtless kid was at the show. Who's he belong to? How'd you get back stage?! nice!!

Rose

hey rose,

shirtless kid belongs to eddie spaghetti, singer of the supersuckers. he spent all of soundcheck riding his razor scooter around the arena floor and wouldn't put his shirt back on. i got backstage because i'm friends with the supersuckers (i also babysit the little shirtless scooter rider) and they were kind and gracious enough to let me hang out for the show. it was super amazing and everyone, band and crew for both pearl jam and the supersuckers are great people. it was a great experience.

j
    madison, wi october 16, 1991
    east troy, wi august 29, 1992- stage two set by eddie and chris cornell
    vancouver, bc september 2, 2005- backstage with the supersuckers
    george, wa july 23, 2006
  • Options
    Nice work guys! You know who you are. I feel bad for the second couple that got caught before they could finish.

Eddie, Thanks for the tribute to Canada in WishList.

"I wish I came from a Country
    That never went to war
    I wish I cam from a Country
    That took care of it's poor.

Maybe someday that will change
    In the place from where we came.

But in the meantime thanks for the example
    In the meantime thanks for giving us hope
    In the meantime showing our leaders what can be done."
  • Options
    Just downloaded the bootleg and I'm listening to it while reading posts. My 3rd PJ show, all in Vancouver, and this one I was a little disappointed in compared to the others. Brought my girlfriend and I was real excited about having her there with me after having absolutley the best time in '03 with a buddy. PJ is my favourite band and I was real excited about getting to enjoy it with her.
    But I found that the sound was off. Read a few posts that said the same. We were on Mike's side, 17 rows up 2 sections off the stage so the seats were great but the sound just didn't come through right. COuldn't make out Mike's guitar that well and a lot of the sound seemed squeezed together.

Don't get me wrong, we had a wicked time. The band played their asses off and the crowd was electric. Brought earplugs along, (with no plans of using them!) but put them in for the encore breaks because the crowd was so incredibly loud.
    Incredible! The place was shaking!

After listening to the bootleg, I can feel a new appreciation for the show which I had after the show in '03.

Becoming a bigger fan everytime I listen to these guys. There's no band that even comes close!!!
  • Options
    KillerB wrote:
    Becoming a bigger fan everytime I listen to these guys. There's no band that even comes close!!!
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • Options
    This show was one of the most amazing shows I have ever seen. I too have seen PJ 3 times in Van and I must say each time I am too am becoming a bigger and bigger fan! They always put on a great live show... How could you not love them more then the last time you saw them? It is just impossible! I managed to find myself front row at this show which was super cool because I was meant to be set way the heck up in section 321! It was so impressive... Eddie and the whole band rocked hard and the crowd was amazing you could tell everyone was feeding off of each other. I too downloaded the show but I noticed not all songs are there. Most of the encore stuff is missing? Did you find that as well? If not could you maybe pass what I don't have along to myself? I only have up until the First Encore break with the following songs: Bee Girl, Black - Porch, Miracles, Baba O'Riley & Yellow Ledbetter. If you could help it would be so appreciated!
  • Options
    hey rose,

shirtless kid belongs to eddie spaghetti, singer of the supersuckers. he spent all of soundcheck riding his razor scooter around the arena floor and wouldn't put his shirt back on. i got backstage because i'm friends with the supersuckers (i also babysit the little shirtless scooter rider) and they were kind and gracious enough to let me hang out for the show. it was super amazing and everyone, band and crew for both pearl jam and the supersuckers are great people. it was a great experience.

j

Well that's awesome! Lucky you!! Cute kid. I saw him come out and pump up the crowd too. I had never seen the Supersuckers before and they were really good. :-)

Rose
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    First and foremost, a big “THANK YOU!!” to the naked girl that was sitting behind me. Although, I did find her to be a distraction (a very good distraction) from the concert.

Seriously, the concert was great. I’ve been to 10 shows, and this is right up there with the 03 Santa Barbara concert. Lots of energy. There were some songs that I usually cringe when hearing (even flow, alive) that had me smiling and cheering. There was AMAZING energy in the place. The encore breaks were louder then the actual music.

I didn’t think I would make it. My 96 Jimmy BLEW UP on while traveling from the Gorge over North Cascades Pass. I was able to get a rental car in Mt. Vernon and made it to Vancouver about 15 minutes before PJ started. Amazing version of “Release”!!!! It was a very, very, very taxing day for me, and this song was just what I needed.

The Gorge show had a better set-list and environment, but the Vancouver show made it up with INTENSITY.

I had a great time hanging out in Vancouver over the weekend. Canadians were very polite and courteous to my brash, arrogant, American friends and me. THANKS CANADA!
  • Options
    Ample Jar wrote:
    We're you the tall guy in the blue shirt? I knew Ed threw out a couple tambourines, but he specifically threw one to a guy in a blue shirt ( I think it took Ed a throw or two).

That is really cool. I was sitting behind the stage and I saw Ed point you out and throw the tambourine...I was like "that is one lucky dude!"

ps. what's your 10C # to get such great seats? i missed out on the 10c in Vancouver, but got it for the Gorge.

My 10C number is 72xxx. And yes I was the tall guy in the blue shirt. I still can't believe the whole show but I really couldn't believe Ed throwing me the tamborine, and it did take 2 tries. The first try went to the girls in front of me. I have the biggest bruise on my thigh from jumping around so much and hitting the chairs in front of me.

Still on a high from that show. PJ at their best.
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • Options
    I can honestly say that I've never seen a better beginning to a concert than I did in Vancouver on Friday.

Release > Go > Animal > Save You

Unbelievable!!! Start off with one of the best slow songs PJ ever recorded and then rip into three of the best rockers they've ever put together, not to mention this included Go right into Animal!! Amazing!! Oh, and they played a little tune called Footsteps, which happens to be one of my favorite PJ songs ever. I now have memories for a lifetime from this show (and from the Gorge, of course). :)
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    as I said in the Gorge thread, I have 3 words for you: "Matt Fucking Cameron!"
    awesome show. all of the songs I had seen live before (except Bee Girl), but the band was on fire. As they were at the Gorge. Seems maybe they have a new perspective on the songs-I don't know. I figure they think if they aren't going to play any new songs, then they will rock the fuck out of the older songs. I think toning Boom's organ down a bit was the perfect thing to do. It is only prevelant when need be, unlike the 03 tour. 2 shows lat week, 2 of the best I have ever seen the band play.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443
    pr4mojo1 wrote:
    My 10C number is 72xxx. And yes I was the tall guy in the blue shirt. I still can't believe the whole show but I really couldn't believe Ed throwing me the tamborine, and it did take 2 tries. The first try went to the girls in front of me. I have the biggest bruise on my thigh from jumping around so much and hitting the chairs in front of me.

Still on a high from that show. PJ at their best.

How funny, I sat right next to you, on your left!

You were really whooping it up...so nice that Ed recognized your spirit and gave you the tambourine!
    we have similar TenC #s, so we know they were doled out in an equitable way!
  • Options
    This show was one of the most amazing shows I have ever seen. I too have seen PJ 3 times in Van and I must say each time I am too am becoming a bigger and bigger fan! They always put on a great live show... How could you not love them more then the last time you saw them? It is just impossible! I managed to find myself front row at this show which was super cool because I was meant to be set way the heck up in section 321! It was so impressive... Eddie and the whole band rocked hard and the crowd was amazing you could tell everyone was feeding off of each other. I too downloaded the show but I noticed not all songs are there. Most of the encore stuff is missing? Did you find that as well? If not could you maybe pass what I don't have along to myself? I only have up until the First Encore break with the following songs: Bee Girl, Black - Porch, Miracles, Baba O'Riley & Yellow Ledbetter. If you could help it would be so appreciated!

I had that trouble as well... i kept retrying the download and eventually all the songs came down... not intuitive as nothing tells you what is supposed to be happening but keept trying and it should work out.
    ...take care of your neighbors
  • Options
    Could someone please direct me to the set list for Vancouver. It doesn't seem to be at the beginning of the thread as it is with the other shows.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    onawave wrote:
    Could someone please direct me to the set list for Vancouver. It doesn't seem to be at the beginning of the thread as it is with the other shows.
    Thanks!
    01 Release
    02 Go
    03 Animal
    04 Save You
    05 Given To Fly
    06 Corduroy
    07 Love Boat Captain
    08 Evenflow
    09 Betterman
    10 Half Full
    11 Daughter
    12 Wishlist
    13 Lukin, Grievance
    14 Immortality
    15 Nothing Man
    16 Down
    17 Do The Evolution
    18 Blood
    19 Footsteps
    20 Small Town
    21 U
    22 Alive
    23 Encore Break 1
    24 Bee Girl
    25 Black, Porch
    26 Miracles
    27 Baba O'riley
    28 Yellow Ledbetter
  • Options
    Where are all the nice people I met at the Doghouse after the show? Shoot me some messages people!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    How funny, I sat right next to you, on your left!

You were really whooping it up...so nice that Ed recognized your spirit and gave you the tambourine!
    we have similar TenC #s, so we know they were doled out in an equitable way!

I was in row 3 seat 4 for Vancouver, that was on Mike's side. Ed came over and tossed his tambourine to the guy directly in front of me wearing the yellow Joey Ramone shirt. I think I was as happy as he was and I didn't get shit! Except an incredible show which is more than enough for me. I was at the Gorge and Vancouver and both rocked but for some reason Vancouver seemed a lot more intense, I don't know if it was the indoor venue, or just the amazing Canandian crowd, but whatever it was it fucking rocked! My TC# is 790XX. I missed the '03 tour and Benaryoa but made it to the NW School Benefit and now these two shows. I have seen the band live probably around 15 times and outside of the Mercer Arena show in Seattle on the VS tour where Ed pounded a hole in the stage and then climbed in it, these were the best two shows I can remember. They have a way of taking over my entire being when they play live and I wasn't sure if it would be the same after three years but they never dissapoint and I can't wait to see them again! Poor Little Girl at the end of the Supersucker's set was just straight up fucking BAWLS OUT rock and as soon as it was over I knew the PJ set would kick. Fave tracks of the set: Bee Girl, Blood, Release, and Alive. My neck is still killing me and it's been 5 days! Peace.
    I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm
    Oh, I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired
    I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind
    Hey, I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind
  • Options
    I took this picture with my camera phone. You can see a few empty seats, it was taken after the 2nd encore, before the 3rd encore. Almost everyone is on their feet because between each encore, there was non stop cheering. People left between each encore thinking that the concert was over, oh how we laughed at them.
    8847783203ag.jpg
  • Options
    Nice work guys! You know who you are. I feel bad for the second couple that got caught before they could finish.

Eddie, Thanks for the tribute to Canada in WishList.

"I wish I came from a Country
    That never went to war
    I wish I cam from a Country
    That took care of it's poor.

Maybe someday that will change
    In the place from where we came.

But in the meantime thanks for the example
    In the meantime thanks for giving us hope
    In the meantime showing our leaders what can be done."

plus the grievance addition...."i pledge my allegence to your flag"
    very nice.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    This was a great show. I brought my x's sister and a couple from Cali to the show. I had 12th row floor stones side and they got 23rd side stage Mikey. They didn't complain about any sound problems...
    anyways I'm a short guy and the girl I brought is like 5'0 but we had the best seats. At the end of row 11 they started 12 like 5 or 6 feet after and I had the aisle. So we had a little dance floor. I'm still sore. Good times.
  • Options
    just came back...

it was my first pearl jam show (my first bigger show at all)...i still can't believe that i have been there...

wow...the beginning...release...eddies voice is so incredible...so fucking deep...it was great 15 years ago...but now...the only thing i can say is...wow

i loved the setlist...i have never been able to understand why everyone loves given to fly that much but now i am...and they played down and footsteps...and everything else

1/2 full was very cool...why the fuck suddenly everyone needed a drink or had to go to the washrooms?...you are completely insane!

and i seemed to be the only one in my section (318) who knew i believe in miracles

the only thing i have to complain about is the girl who sat next to me...right in immortality when i stood there with my eyes closed and just wanted to enjoy it she started to talk to me...i did not want to appear inpolite so i told her my name but she did not get it and i had to repeat it all the time...and she blew smoke in my face all the time and apologized...you can talk to me and smoke as much as you want to but not while i am at a pearl jam show listening to immortality...really!!!...i was happy when she left after the first encore...

btw...i'd like to know if my sister and me have been the only people from germany/europe on that show...i did not fly to canada because of the tour but i don't think it was just a coincident that i read the tour dates one day after i booked the flight to vancouver...no, it was fate, what i call ka and i do not know if it is good or bad but ka is a wheel

pearl jam keep on rockin'
    "now i've got room to spread my wings and my messages of love...yeah love was my drug but that's not what i died of"

"I don't wanna think, I wanna feel"

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!" - Jake Chambers

09/02/2005 Vancouver
    09/23/2006 Berlin
    06/21/2007 Düsseldorf