what are you doing, right now?

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Eating breakfast
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Trying not to cry. Been a revelation type morning.. I feel
    Pretty useless right now. And pretty scared..
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

Trying not to cry. Been a revelation type morning.. I feel

Yikes. I hope things turn around for you.

As for me, I am just relaxing for a moment after cleaning the kitchen cupboards. I found some expired food items that I will be boxing up and shipping to imalive.
    ELITIST FUK

Getting things ready for a garage sale

You wouldn't happen to have an old rotary phone, would you?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Testing a fix for one of the developers on my team.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    edited April 2015
    Actually, I might have one in my storage room in a box. My dad use to work for the phone company and when he passed away I got a lot of his old telephone stuff. When I get to going through those boxes within the next few weeks, I'll pm you photos of all this stuff if you want.
    SD48277 said:

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    SD48277 said:

I know a guy who thought that garage sales were only for tools and parts and that sort of thing. He was quite pissed off to learn what garage sales actually are.

you didn't hurt yourself did you? Go relax a while in that jacuzzi. You're not useless, you are a wonderful sister trying to be helpful too soon after falling down some stairs.
    In my experience, showing up with lunch or dinner is appreciated just as much (actually probably more) than carrying furniture. :wink:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • SD48277 said:

Yikes. I hope things turn around for you.

As for me, I am just relaxing for a moment after cleaning the kitchen cupboards. I found some expired food items that I will be boxing up and shipping to imalive.
    Lol!! Thanks for thE laugh'

Actually, I might have one in my storage room in a box. My dad use to work for the phone company and when he passed away I got a lot of his old telephone stuff. When I get to going through those boxes within the next few weeks, I'll pm you photos of all this stuff if you want.

SD48277 said:

Yes, please!
    ELITIST FUK
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Will do!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,177
    Just opened a care pkg from my personal baker grower in Hawaii it is awesome ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Trying to keep myself entertained...all my drivers are done already...BLAH! What am I going to do for the next three hours???
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

Yes, please!
    I bought an old rotary from an antique store a few years ago...

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

SD48277 said:

SD48277 said:

Yes, please!
    I bought an old rotary from an antique store a few years ago...

I have an old rotary phone too...but we don't have a landline...so I'm not sure if it even works anymore, but I used to use it in my bedroom when I was a kid...
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

I have an old rotary phone too...but we don't have a landline...so I'm not sure if it even works anymore, but I used to use it in my bedroom when I was a kid...

I had the wall version when I was a kid:

my dad kept an old rotary for me to play with...it was exactly that same aqua color and style, I'm gonna keep looking for one (the one I have is an ugly fleshy peach color-I won't say what color I really think it's called...Kat/Sea wouuld be a little upset)

- Christopher McCandless
  • Those rotary phones sure bring back memories. My grandparents didn't convert until it wouldn't work anymore. I always used to look at it like how the f do I make a call. Grandparent, natures never changing creatures. One day that shall be me and I will be sad when it happens.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    I immediately thought of my grandma too when I saw those pics! My grandma had a bright orange table top rotary phone. She had a unique way of saying hello when she answered the phone. I can hear her voice when I see those pics.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • ldent42 said:

SD48277 said:

I know a guy who thought that garage sales were only for tools and parts and that sort of thing. He was quite pissed off to learn what garage sales actually are.

you didn't hurt yourself did you? Go relax a while in that jacuzzi. You're not useless, you are a wonderful sister trying to be helpful too soon after falling down some stairs.
    In my experience, showing up with lunch or dinner is appreciated just as much (actually probably more) than carrying furniture. :wink:
    Thank you Ident. I have been way off balance, and I'm having horrible lactic burnout. ( which is where your muscles just go to Mush..) it's part of the affect from the nueropathy. And do all I could Manage to do all day was to vacuum floors and couches. Meanwhile my 19 yr old nephew, my sister, and my poor Dad had to move furniture..
    This is my exact phone...it was my great grandma's...I can't believe I found a pic of one on google...lol

Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

This is my exact phone...it was my great grandma's...I can't believe I found a pic of one on google...lol

i begged for a phone like that one! I even saw it in the store...I was saving my money up for one...then they switched to touch-tone.

- Christopher McCandless
    haha, I would have thought It was a one of a kind, that's so funny! I was shocked when I found it on google...that's awesome! :tongue:
    Tattooed Dissident!
    We still have a landline, and I am convinced that you can hear better on the old rotary phones than the cordless or cheap "newer" phones.
    ELITIST FUK
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

ldent42 said:

SD48277 said:

Thank you Ident. I have been way off balance, and I'm having horrible lactic burnout. ( which is where your muscles just go to Mush..) it's part of the affect from the nueropathy. And do all I could Manage to do all day was to vacuum floors and couches. Meanwhile my 19 yr old nephew, my sister, and my poor Dad had to move furniture..
    Hope you feel better soon :frowning:

I was using a rotary phone until ~10 years ago when it got replaced with a cordless phone with built in answering machine. I think it got replaced because the answering machine broke. Not sure what became of the phone.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • I'm sitting here very much enjoying Broken by Seether.. It's the version with Amy Lee. I like the Seether only version as well but the Amy Lee one is amazing.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

I'm sitting here very much enjoying Broken by Seether.. It's the version with Amy Lee. I like the Seether only version as well but the Amy Lee one is amazing.

I used to LOVE Seether when I was in HS...I've always hated Amy Lee though...her voice is like nails on a chalk board to me...I'll have to check out the Seether only version...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • ^^^^^^^ Thats funny with Amy Lee. She left Rock and ended up doing Opera after Evanescence split. She also put on quite a few pounds. I loved the first Evanescence album when it came out. I did get to Seether live of their first album and it was a fantastic show. Their first album is a top 15 one to me.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cdysinge said:

^^^^^^^ Thats funny with Amy Lee. She left Rock and ended up doing Opera after Evanescence split. She also put on quite a few pounds. I loved the first Evanescence album when it came out. I did get to Seether live of their first album and it was a fantastic show. Their first album is a top 15 one to me.

Yeah that was the album I LOVED...was their first, I own it...and I was OBSESSED with it...

Amy I never was an Evanescence fan...but my roomate for the first term at college was in love with them and played that first CD ad nauseum...I mean, I wanted to kill her it was TORTURE...like I'm pretty sure I could have reported her as a terrorist for it....lol

I haven't listened to Seether in years though, but I will def give them a listen again now that you've reminded me how much I loved them!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Not sleeping, I had a migraine easier and lay down...guess I fell asleep, now I'm wide awake.

- Christopher McCandless
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    RKCNDY said:

Not sleeping, I had a migraine easier and lay down...guess I fell asleep, now I'm wide awake.

Hope the migraine has gone away painful things they are.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    edited April 2015
    My 4 year old had a nightmare last night and woke me up at 1:30, so I have been up since 1:30. I'm listening to Rollins Band 'A Clockwork Orange Stage' and trying to keep busy at work so I dont fall asleep. I have hope Hank will do one last music tour before he fully calls it quits. Its been way tooo long and he comes in at #2 live behind PJ/EV to me.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle