what are you doing, right now?

Comments

• of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    sheila0225 wrote:
    what u need to know about that??

why do some men have an issue with it? I have the ability to wear my hair straight or curly. Today, one of the guys in the office mentioned that I look waaayyy better with straight hair (wearing hair straight today) But others are saying the complete opposite. So I'm pondering why some guys feel the need to share this. This was the topic of conversation for almost 45 minutes amongst them. It's kind of weird to me. :lol:

I hear you on this!

my hair is naturally crazy curly--but I straighten it occassion. Its a lot of fucking work because I just have a lot of hair, so I don't have the time (or desire) to do that all the time.
    So I show up to work with straight hair, and I always get the "Ohhhh! You should do that everyday/more often! It looks so much better straight!!"

#1- I did not ask your opinion.
    #2- I do not desire to get up at the ass crack of dawn to do my damn hair for work every day. 5:30am is already early enough!
    #3- I did not ask your opinion.
    #4- It's not practical to straighten it on humid or rainy days. Period.
    #5- I did not as your opinion!

I say, wear your hair however you want, period. Do whatever is convenient and comfortable. You look cute either way.

:lol: My sentiments exactly. :lol: I have crazy curly hair and like you....ALOT of it. ...I do like to straighten it...but not everyday. And thanks for the compliment. :D
  • sheila0225 wrote:
    My sentiments exactly. I have crazy curly hair and like you....ALOT of it. ...I do like to straighten it...but not everyday. And thanks for the compliment.

Seriously. What makes people think they can just give opinions/advice like that? If I don't ask you, keep it to yourself (and trust me, I don't care, so I won't ask you).
    Besides, unless I have a client coming in, these bitches are lucky to get anything besides a ponytail from me most days! :lol::lol:

and you're welcome! :D
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    sheila0225 wrote:
    My sentiments exactly. I have crazy curly hair and like you....ALOT of it. ...I do like to straighten it...but not everyday. And thanks for the compliment.

Seriously. What makes people think they can just give opinions/advice like that? If I don't ask you, keep it to yourself (and trust me, I don't care, so I won't ask you).
    Besides, unless I have a client coming in, these bitches are lucky to get anything besides a ponytail from me most days! :lol::lol:

and you're welcome! :D

I'm right there with you both! Everyone loves my hair when I straighten it but it's just a pain and only on super special occasions do I actually take the time to do it. Normally I'll leave it curly. At work? Bun it up, every day. There's no way I'm going to waste any time to make it look good for the other 2 ladies I work with...
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    eating gluten free pretzels and drinking apple juice while recovering from my apheresis donation
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Davidtrios wrote:
    eating gluten free pretzels and drinking apple juice while recovering from my apheresis donation
    Please tell me they are snyders? And if so.....I WANT SOME!!! :mrgreen:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    sheila0225 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Please tell me they are snyders? And if so.....I WANT SOME!!! :mrgreen:

they were..they arent bad either
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Sitting on the couch waiting for Mr. Unlost to get home because we're going out for Chinese food.

And no sooner do I type this... than I hear the basement door opening.

(Let's hope that's him.)

:?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Sitting on the couch waiting for Mr. Unlost to get home because we're going out for Chinese food.

And no sooner do I type this... than I hear the basement door opening.

(Let's hope that's him.)

do you hear a thud thud thud noise coming from the stairwell?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    eating fruit....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Making myself feel "comfy"...
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    NOT playing Zelda...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    RKCNDY wrote:
    NOT playing Zelda...
    nerd :P

I'm watching hockey
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    NOT playing Zelda...

I'm watching hockey
    Nerd!! ;)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    metsfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    NOT playing Zelda...

I'm watching hockey
    Nerd!! ;)
    damn right ;)

• Listening to a lot of very early Kraftwerk, from before they were robots. :geek:
    Listening to a lot of very early Kraftwerk, from before they were robots. :geek:
    Nerd!! ;):lol:
    metsfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    NOT playing Zelda...

I'm watching hockey

I DON'T want to play Zelda!

that's why I'm here...I'm a football/Zelda widow... :|

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    NOT playing Zelda...

I'm watching hockey

metsfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

from Urban Dictionary:
    Football Widow

February 4, 2006 Urban Word of the Day
    N. A woman who must cope with the temporary death of her relationship during football games.
    Nothing will draw Stalney away from the TV on Sunday. Jill realized she's become a football widow.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

from Urban Dictionary:
    Football Widow

N. A woman who must cope with the temporary death of her relationship during football games.
    Nothing will draw Stalney away from the TV on Sunday. Jill realized she's become a football widow.
    Walk in front of the TV naked, carrying a trey of appetizers...

Widow my ass!!!

Widow my ass!!!

"move! I can't see! I gotta get thru this part!" :|

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

from Urban Dictionary:
    Football Widow

Widow my ass!!!
    that be sure fire way for 420 to be my center ;):mrgreen:

Being appalled at the shockingly naughty turn this thread has taken.

I blame metsfan.

:o
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

• We are not creepy for liking the way a woman styles her hair. I think it is funny that women make a big deal about the shoes on their feet, and most guys don't really care.
    :shock: :cry: :evil: TAKE IT BACK!!!

Actually it's a good thing...cause then the husband won't notice the new pairs :think:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"

• We are not creepy for liking the way a woman styles her hair. I think it is funny that women make a big deal about the shoes on their feet, and most guys don't really care.

Actually it's a good thing...cause then the husband won't notice the new pairs :think:

oops....if only there was a way to block you from reading my post :P

oops....if only there was a way to block you from reading my post :P
    :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    Well, I was spinning around in circles as fast as I could in an attempt to make myself dizzy.. now I am wondering why I didn't just stop off for a sixer after work..
    Celebrating the fact that just 10 minutes ago, I successfully executed a ponytail. My first ponytail in over 20 years.

Hmmm. All this time spent growing my hair out so I can pull it back and make it look short.
  • training in colonoscopy with bare hands..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    training in colonoscopy with bare hands..
    :shock: you're scaring me with all this colonoscopy talk