Options

**Berkeley Fanviews Here 04/07**

Comments

• Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I concur! Foxymop was played and we were there :-)

so I just need them to break out pry to, aye davantia, and bugs and I'll have heard all of vitalogy!
  • Options
    so I just need them to break out pry to, aye davantia, and bugs and I'll have heard all of vitalogy!

Wow! You're really trying to stretch with foxymop, but that's ok. :)
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    Wow! You're really trying to stretch with foxymop, but that's ok. :)

he did the spanking voice, in my head that counts
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    he did the spanking voice, in my head that counts
    that works for me. besides i'm not sure if i can handle that entire song live...it scares meee :o lol
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    gtrplyr wrote:
    I think his issue was with recruiting stations on college campuses or right next to them...basically preying on the impressionable/broke students. Its great to raise your kids right, but a college freshman out on his own for the first time with no money who hasn't decided what to do with his life is a good target for the military. IMO school should be for learning...not signing up to shoot guns.

We're talking about UC Berkeley here, one of the finest public universities in the country. I don't think parents have to worry too much about their child at Berkeley getting snowed by some Marine recruiter.
  • Options
    _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    edwho wrote:

I think you should take it back and apologize. This would take courage from you. I hope you have it.

Where have you been? Did you not read this:

Ok, in retrospect, I realize I should have kept those thoughts to myself. My husband even said as I was writing it not to write that. I had just gotten home after no sleep the night before and traveling and I was bitter after having sat in those seats for 3.5 hours. I was venting and I should have known I'd be attacked for it, but I still had to get it off my chest. The end.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Crazy Mary,

All I see in that post are excuses.

I am finished with this.

Fanviews are a sharing celebration of live Pearl Jam and I refuse to spoil the joy being generated by Ed’s first solo tour.

Take care, edwho

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    edwho wrote:
    Fanviews are a sharing celebration of live Pearl Jam and I refuse to spoil the joy being generated by Ed’s first solo tour.

thank you, I agree

Ed was great
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    If there's something strange
    in your neighborhood
    Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

If there's something weird
    and it don't look good
    Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

I ain't afraid of no ghosts

If you're seeing things
    running through your head
    Who can ya call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

An invisible man
    sleeping in your bed
    Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

If ya all alone
    pick up the phone
    and call
    GHOSTBUSTERS

I here it likes the ghost
    I ain't afraid of no ghost
    Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

If you've had a dose of a
    freaky ghost baby
    Ya better call
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Lemme tell ya something
    Bustin' makes me feel good!

Don't get caught alone no no

GHOSTBUSTERS

When it comes through your door
    Unless you just want some more
    I think you better call
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

I think you better call
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

I can't hear you
    Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Louder
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who can ya call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS

Who ya gonna call?
    GHOSTBUSTERS
    "What chance does Gotham have when the good people do nothing?"
  • Options
    I believe one of the many shout outs after EV mentioned the Ghostbuster's song was "Bustin' makes me feel good!". Maybe it was Sean Penn. :cool:
  • Options
    An interesting review of the show from the SF Weekly with some pics (including one picture of three audience members).

Note that the last sentance said that EV won't perform Yellow Ledbetter the following night.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2008/04/last_night_eddie_vedder_at_ber.php
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    An interesting review of the show from the SF Weekly with some pics (including one picture of three audience members).

Note that the last sentance said that EV won't perform Yellow Ledbetter the following night.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2008/04/last_night_eddie_vedder_at_ber.php

For someone who supposedly flew up from So Cal for the show (editor's note at the beginning) ... he's not really that knowledgable about Pearl Jam ... he didn't think any PJ songs were played (see the comments below) .... when there were quite a few, just none of the ones a casual fan would recognize I guess.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    hehehe Loser :-P
    Not only Yellow Ledbetter but also All Along the Fucking Watchtower!!!

That same guy tried taking a picture of Lydia and me with a couple of other poeple I can't think of right now. He took about 3-4 pictures and said none of them were good. The pictures were too dark. I'm not a photo expert, but a flash does help and he had one. If he can't get a simple photograph right, then what chance does he have at getting a review of the PJ show right?!

My name is Ed.
  • Options
    Some shmo left a comment at the end of the article saying that "he always felt ripped off by Eddie Vedder because he walked off stage at the Golden Gate Fields show and stopped idolizing him until the Berkeley #1 show". Ok, I gotta say, what a schmuck and not true fan!!! He stated that he was 12yrs old at that show, and I was about the same age and also at that show. He some how missed that facts of that show, how Eddie was sick, had been ill with the flu or stomach virus and had tried to go onstage even though he felt like crap. The man tried!!! And he couldn't do it, he was sick!!! It happens, get over it!!! They even came back and did a make up show in San Jose!!!! This dude just didn't have any faith in Eddie's loyalty to his fans!!! And now it sounds like he's on the band wagon. Boo Justin Smith!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Some shmo left a comment at the end of the article saying that "he always felt ripped off by Eddie Vedder because he walked off stage at the Golden Gate Fields show and stopped idolizing him until the Berkeley #1 show". Ok, I gotta say, what a schmuck and not true fan!!! He stated that he was 12yrs old at that show, and I was about the same age and also at that show. He some how missed that facts of that show, how Eddie was sick, had been ill with the flu or stomach virus and had tried to go onstage even though he felt like crap. The man tried!!! And he couldn't do it, he was sick!!! It happens, get over it!!! They even came back and did a make up show in San Jose!!!! This dude just didn't have any faith in Eddie's loyalty to his fans!!! And now it sounds like he's on the band wagon. Boo Justin Smith!!!!!!!

Don't forget that Red Mosquito was apparently written during this incident.

However, I don't condone Neil Young playing RITFW twice during the same show. That's VERY bad form.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    nice set

wish I could've been there.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    not sure if someone already asked on here but how did ed pull off arc live by himself?
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    not sure if someone already asked on here but how did ed pull off arc live by himself?

He used a looping machine, which recorded and replayed his voice over and over.
  • Options
    He used a looping machine, which recorded and replayed his voice over and over.

thats sooo awesome - that must have been something to see.
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    it was for sure. he had the lights turned down which added something even more to it, i felt. it was the most intense version of it to me out of the 3 shows i had attended (santa cruz and the 2 berkeley ones). and just closing my eyes and having those vocals wash over me, sets you in a trance. i still get goosebumps just *thinking* about it. real powerful moment.
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 598
    it was for sure. he had the lights turned down which added something even more to it, i felt. it was the most intense version of it to me out of the 3 shows i had attended (santa cruz and the 2 berkeley ones). and just closing my eyes and having those vocals wash over me, sets you in a trance. i still get goosebumps just *thinking* about it. real powerful moment.

I agree!! probably one of the most intense moments i've ever felt at a concert...
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    He did that at SD1 too and I totally agree with you. Just awesome! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688

It was ok, not everything that people on here make it out to be. Would have rather heard him sing another song.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    rrivers wrote:
    It was ok, not everything that people on here make it out to be. Would have rather heard him sing another song.
    I disagree, but everyone is different. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    I disagree, but everyone is different. :)
    same here....but that's the beauty of ed/PJ live, one song might wreck your soul yet leaves another person cold! i thought it was riveting personally, i still think about it :)
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 580
    Very lucky to have a friend hook me up with an audio cd of this show. Sound quality not to bad, just have to turn up the radio a little louder then normal and it's near perfect. I was unable to go to any shows and I am thankfull I can get a taste from this gem. Just started listening to it today.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    bridgeboundbridgebound Posts: 85
    I also feel very lucky to have this audio, & attending this show!
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    Can anyone help with a detail from Berkeley 4/07.....

Between Dead Man Walking and I'm Open Ed had a funny little bit o' banter with the audience. What was Ed responding to when he said "You think this is just music we're doing up here?" ??

I didn't hear it from my seat in the 6th row. And even listening with the volume turned way up *cough*... I mean remembering back...*cough*...I can't make out what was shouted out. Anyone know?
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    Can anyone help with a detail from Berkeley 4/07.....

Between Dead Man Walking and I'm Open Ed had a funny little bit o' banter with the audience. What was Ed responding to when he said "You think this is just music we're doing up here?" ??

I didn't hear it from my seat in the 6th row. And even listening with the volume turned way up *cough*... I mean remembering back...*cough*...I can't make out what was shouted out. Anyone know?

I can't figure it out either. I didn't hear it from my 12th row seat.