Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,805
    demetrios wrote:
    The DVD's are sold out. http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info. ... ts_id=1231

If you haven't already placed an order for a Blu-ray copy, better make it fast already!! http://pearljam.com/goods/product_info. ... ts_id=1230

It's back again, this is just for another bump...

I noticed that after lunch break yesterday. Must of been a glitch in the Matrix.
  • Options
    To those that rubbed it in our noses how great it looks and sounds on blu-ray more can now now see for ourselves.
    TOTAL: 46.83

:corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn: :corn:
    * Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003
    * Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006
    * Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009

• Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    As an engineer, I've seen no major differences between regular DVD and blu ray videos. I did purchase the regular 3 disc DVD set of PJ20. Thanks to my brother for purchasing me the one disc version, but this set should be great.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    iwasatpj20 wrote:
    As an engineer, I've seen no major differences between regular DVD and blu ray videos.

If you watch a DVD & Blu-ray film on a small monitor size screen, for sure you won't see any differences at all (maybe a slight notice, but nothing to extreme). But if you view the picture on a big HDTV monitor, you will definitely see a difference in picture quality.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    demetrios wrote:
    iwasatpj20 wrote:
    As an engineer, I've seen no major differences between regular DVD and blu ray videos.

If you watch a DVD & Blu-ray film on a small monitor size screen, for sure you won't see any differences at all (maybe a slight notice, but nothing to extreme). But if you view the picture on a big HDTV monitor, you will definitely see a difference in picture quality.

I have a 42" LCD, and I still do not notice the difference, but to each their own. :D
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    I'm not exactly sure PJ20 is some kind of bench mark for Blu ray and should no way be used to test whether Blu is better than DVD, strictly speaking Blu ray wipes the floor with DVD, just see Jaws, Apocalypse Now & The Alien series sets to see the proof, PJ20 looks good but should not by any stretch be regarded as a reference for the format.
  • Options
    :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    I'm not exactly sure PJ20 is some kind of bench mark for Blu ray and should no way be used to test whether Blu is better than DVD, strictly speaking Blu ray wipes the floor with DVD, just see Jaws, Apocalypse Now & The Alien series sets to see the proof, PJ20 looks good but should not by any stretch be regarded as a reference for the format.

Hmmm I ordered the dvd instead of the blu ray I heard a lot of ppl saying that there wasnt any difference.
    Perhaps I should've got the blu ray version... anyway the dvd is still going to look might awesome...
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I own both versions. It's night and day. I don't even think it's an eye of the beholder thing. Stone's camcorder MLB footage and the rest of the old stuff looks like crap on both versions but the stuff recorded to film is a huge upgrade on bluray. I'm not sure what you guys were watching or hearing :lol:
    For 50% of the film it's definitely an upgrade. Not even close.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    iwasatpj20 wrote:

I have a 42" LCD, and I still do not notice the difference, but to each their own. :D

It also depends on the player you are playing it with. I play my DVD's on my PS3 where the Playstation 3 upscales the video to 720p, 1080i etc .. video quality which is pretty awesome. Play a reg DVD on regular standalone DVD player that doesn't have any upscaling at all which is only limited to 480p, you'll see a big difference when you watch it on a HDTV to playing it on a Blu-ray player feed of 1080p.
  • Options
    If you watch a DVD & Blu-ray film on a small monitor size screen, for sure you won't see any differences at all (maybe a slight notice, but nothing to extreme). But if you view the picture on a big HDTV monitor, you will definitely see a difference in picture quality.[/quote]

I have a 42" LCD, and I still do not notice the difference, but to each their own. :D[/quote]

It also depends on the player you are playing it with. I play my DVD's on my PS3 where the Playstation 3 upscales the video to 720p, 1080i etc .. video quality which is pretty awesome. Play a reg DVD on regular standalone DVD player that doesn't have any upscaling at all which is only limited to 480p, you'll see a big difference when you watch it on a HDTV to playing it on a Blu-ray player feed of 1080p.[/quote]

Don't get me wrong PJ20 looks great on Blu ray, I've been buying them and appreciating them for so long I might take the quality a little too for granted although whenever I am forced to watch a DVD I notice straight away. I've got the new Bond 50 set on the way and I've been looking at the comparisons on some sites to the previous DVD releases and where on the later ones the difference is more minimal on the earlier films the difference is night and day, I'm sure I would notice the difference with PJ20 but I was just saying it's not one of those titles I'd use to demo a Blu ray player when it comes to picture quality and trying to impress someone how significantly better the format is. I can't believe those people who try to fool themselves BR is a waste of time and by no where means that much of a jump in quality.
  • Options
    so..all got this??are we good??dont miss it this time!! :)
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong PJ20 looks great on Blu ray, I've been buying them and appreciating them for so long I might take the quality a little too for granted although whenever I am forced to watch a DVD I notice straight away. I've got the new Bond 50 set on the way and I've been looking at the comparisons on some sites to the previous DVD releases and where on the later ones the difference is more minimal on the earlier films the difference is night and day, I'm sure I would notice the difference with PJ20 but I was just saying it's not one of those titles I'd use to demo a Blu ray player when it comes to picture quality and trying to impress someone how significantly better the format is. I can't believe those people who try to fool themselves BR is a waste of time and by no where means that much of a jump in quality.

You're getting one of these? http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Bond-50-Blu-ray/36569/ . Sweet man!!!

Not all of PJ20 was shot in digital format or on 16mm / 35mm film so it's not the best of the best but for the rare video footage used, upscalled to HD, it's not that bad. There were a few hickups that could of been fixed, especially for the re-issue edition if nothing was changed.

Quote ...

"Pearl Jam Twenty" combines video footage coming from a variety of formats. It uses countless of cameras shooting the last 20 years of the band. The final edit hosts a number of professional and non-professional HD and SD footage ranging from noisy analog clips to crisp and clear digital videos.

The archival materials used in the film may not keep up with the level of a big-budget blockbuster movie shot in 35mm film, but their raw picture quality and the drastic differences in their look and texture aptly fit this documentary. The video clips provide content that genuinely puts value and appeal to the final piece. The technical flaws of the low-resolution shots actually go unnoticed in this fan-pleasing film. For the newer shots of interviews and performances, the picture is always vibrant and full of strong colors and details. The aged faces of the members of this legendary rock band are clearly defined by the HD materials.
  • Options
    Anyone elses order for the Bluray/DVD set not showing up in their order history? I ordered Friday morning and I have yet to receive any sort of email and I don't see it under my histroy either. I guess I am just paranoid because I don't want to miss out on this again!
  • Options
    BP110274 wrote:
    Anyone elses order for the Bluray/DVD set not showing up in their order history? I ordered Friday morning and I have yet to receive any sort of email and I don't see it under my histroy either. I guess I am just paranoid because I don't want to miss out on this again!
    mail 10c ,will help you.
    there was a glinch and order history dissapear,mails didnt arrive and mails for shipping arrive without the item shipped..mail 10c and ask if all is ok..
  • Options
    BP110274 wrote:
    mail 10c ,will help you.
    there was a glinch and order history dissapear,mails didnt arrive and mails for shipping arrive without the item shipped..mail 10c and ask if all is ok..

Will do...thanks for the response!
  • Options
    BP110274 wrote:
    BP110274 wrote:
    mail 10c ,will help you.

Will do...thanks for the response!
    sure..hope all will be ok
  • Options
    Cant believe these are still selling in ebay for crazy prices although there are a few around the $100 mark..

Cant wait for next month.... hurry up be November already :)
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Well the ones on eBay are still unique right? This new release is the content without the deluxe packaging. I guess people still want that.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Cant believe these are still selling in ebay for crazy prices although there are a few around the $100 mark..

Cant wait for next month.... hurry up be November already :)
    selling or are available for sale?didnt see ebay like months now
  • Options
    From What Records ...

Hi there D,

Just to let you know we have despatched almost all the orders for the Pearl Jam Twenty Set and the Box Set. All outstanding orders should be despatched Monday. I have no Pearl Jam Twenty left (hope to get more) and the Box Set is almost gone too. (Less than 30 copies left)

Has anyone receive one of the new sets from 10club yet?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    demetrios wrote:
    From What Records ...

Hi there D,

Just to let you know we have despatched almost all the orders for the Pearl Jam Twenty Set and the Box Set. All outstanding orders should be despatched Monday. I have no Pearl Jam Twenty left (hope to get more) and the Box Set is almost gone too. (Less than 30 copies left)

I don't think they've started shipping yet, have they?? :think:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    From What Records ...

Hi there D,

I didn't know What Records got any of the re-release sets. The sets sold here were sold as a pre-order. November 13th is the release date.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    From What Records ...

Hi there D,

I didn't know What Records got any of the re-release sets. The sets sold here were sold as a pre-order. November 13th is the release date.

Yeah... strange, no?? What's the deal?? Surely 10c wouldn't sell product to What Records early and allow them to release it before them.... did they make their own unofficial version of it from the original or what??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    From What Records ...

Hi there D,

Yeah... strange, no?? What's the deal?? Surely 10c wouldn't sell product to What Records early and allow them to release it before them.... did they make their own unofficial version of it from the original or what??

I remember getting an email about the Vs/Vitalogy Box Set going on sale. But don't remember getting an email that they were selling Pearl Jam Twenty Set's on sale. For them to already dispatch copies while 10club are releasing them November 13, 2012 (Orders will ship on or before release date); it's weird.

Maybe the DVD/Blu-ray release this time is distributed by Monkey Wrench UK ?
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    10c wrote:
    Hi,

Due to manufacturing delays, the release date for the Pearl Jam Twenty Deluxe Edition Bluray and DVD's has been changed to November 20, 2012.

Presale orders will ship on or before release date of 11/20/12.
    10c
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    strilo wrote:
    10c wrote:
    Hi,

Due to manufacturing delays, the release date for the Pearl Jam Twenty Deluxe Edition Bluray and DVD's has been changed to November 20, 2012.

Presale orders will ship on or before release date of 11/20/12.
    10c
    I can't wait to get this!! I've only even seen just the normal movie once, when it aired on PBS. I avoided watching the regular DVD or whatever as a personal stand for the re-release. Hey, it worked! ;)
  • Options
    strilo wrote:
    Well the ones on eBay are still unique right? This new release is the content without the deluxe packaging. I guess people still want that.

Isnt the only difference the packaging?
    Was there anything else thats missing from the release.
    If its just the packaging is that worth 300 dollars more..

Cant wait for november...
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    strilo wrote:

Isnt the only difference the packaging?
    Was there anything else thats missing from the release.
    If its just the packaging is that worth 300 dollars more..

Cant wait for november...

It's just the packaging. The content on each disc (that has been mentioned few times here) are the same like the previous deluxe edition set.