***Petition for 10c to re-stock PJ20 Blu Ray***

Comments

• YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    Signed. By the time I learned about this product, they were no longer accepting preorders. I saw the movie on the big screen on October 1 of last year and definitely would have ordered had I known about it.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • teinloftteinloft Posts: 51
    BUMP
    Porto Alegre '05
    Porto Alegre '11
    Porto Alegre '15
    São Paulo '15
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Yefa wrote:
    Signed. By the time I learned about this product, they were no longer accepting preorders. I saw the movie on the big screen on October 1 of last year and definitely would have ordered had I known about it.
    I wasn't a member in 2011. But I'm just as big a fan as anyone else around here, so I think I deserve to own this! I hope! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    bump.
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • JK3558JK3558 Posts: 10
    Bump

We need to see this happen. I didn't preorder because I don't care about fancy packaging. By the time it was announced that it had an exclusive bonus film and additional footage about us fans...it was already sold out. On a preorder???? To have a DVD sell out before it is even released is unheard of to me. Disney always has these limited editions, but even those are available for at least a couple weeks.
  • If anything it'd be cool to see Discs 2 & 3 released seperatly. I have the Blu Ray of PJ20 and the fact that the disc says "1" is such a tease.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    If anything it'd be cool to see Discs 2 & 3 released seperatly. I have the Blu Ray of PJ20 and the fact that the disc says "1" is such a tease.
    Nooooo. I would not like that! Then they'd sell each disc for too much.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    bump
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I wasn't a member in 2011. But I'm just as big a fan as anyone else around here, so I think I deserve to own this! I hope! :)

You didnt have to MEMBER to order and there was NO limit.. u could or 20 if u wanted..
    I reckon once the blu rays sold out then the DVD's got snapped up for re-sell.... imo
    bump
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    aus_suz wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

You didnt have to MEMBER to order and there was NO limit.. u could or 20 if u wanted..
    I reckon once the blu rays sold out then the DVD's got snapped up for re-sell.... imo
    I didn't even know about it because I wasn't a member getting news updates and shit. I didn't know about the pre-sales.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    JK3558 wrote:
    Bump

We need to see this happen. I didn't preorder because I don't care about fancy packaging. By the time it was announced that it had an exclusive bonus film and additional footage about us fans...it was already sold out. On a preorder???? To have a DVD sell out before it is even released is unheard of to me. Disney always has these limited editions, but even those are available for at least a couple weeks.

That's not entirely accurate. I didn't place my order until after I found out it contained 2 extra discs of content than the standard version.

I agree that they probably should have made more copies. I'm just saying the knowledge about the other 2 discs was available before it sold out.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Zod wrote:
    JK3558 wrote:
    Bump

That's not entirely accurate. I didn't place my order until after I found out it contained 2 extra discs of content than the standard version.

I agree that they probably should have made more copies. I'm just saying the knowledge about the other 2 discs was available before it sold out.

The first description for discs 2 and 3 they had was very general, but yes it was obvious that it was 2 discs of extra content, and they did state that the third disc would be called the fans are alright, allowing us to assume it would be about the fans. Since the content descriptiosn were so general though, people on the board were asking for 10C to include more information about what the discs contained. They changed the description to include more information (which is when I bought mine) and it sold out the next day (the blu ray).
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    bump.
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    +1 Bump
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
    If anything it'd be cool to see Discs 2 & 3 released seperatly. I have the Blu Ray of PJ20 and the fact that the disc says "1" is such a tease.

It pisses me off every time I remove my disc from it's case and see the big 1 is staring at me wishing it could be joined by it's brothers/sisters 2 and 3.
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
    RVCJJ3J wrote:

It pisses me off every time I remove my disc from it's case and see the big 1 is staring at me wishing it could be joined by it's brothers/sisters 2 and 3.
    That is really weird or cheap that they left the 1 on the standard version disc, wtf.
    bump.
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • RVCJJ3JRVCJJ3J Posts: 121
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Wow. That they are discussing it seems like good news. Thanks for the update. :)

Any news on this front?
    Memorial Stadium-October 4, 1996; Riverbend Music Center- August 20, 2000; Post-Gazette Pavilion-September 5, 2000; Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre Charlotte-April 16, 2003; US Bank Arena-June 24, 2006; Scottrade Center-May 4, 2010; Consol Energy Center-October 11, 2013(On the Rail!); Time Warner Cable Arena-October 30, 2013
    nothing new here but the usual ol' bump de bump.
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    I'm the only one left 'round these parts. All my friends moved away. I need discs 2 & 3 to keep me company.

:(
    8-)
    bump
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    I never thought about it until it came up before, but I really think our best bet is a bare bones release with just the three discs in a normal package and not the huge boxed set deluxe edition. I really would be happy with just the content.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    strilo wrote:
    I never thought about it until it came up before, but I really think our best bet is a bare bones release with just the three discs in a normal package and not the huge boxed set deluxe edition. I really would be happy with just the content.
    It's hardly a huge boxed set deluxe edition.
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Well whatever it comes with. I don't honestly know. I just want the three discs themselves.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    strilo wrote:
    Well whatever it comes with. I don't honestly know. I just want the three discs themselves.
    Don't get me wrong, the box is nice but even if it came in a simpler plastic triple case or something I can't see it being that much cheaper. How would people feel if the rerelease was the same price but not "deluxe" packaging?
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,525
    bazzer wrote:
    strilo wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, the box is nice but even if it came in a simpler plastic triple case or something I can't see it being that much cheaper. How would people feel if the rerelease was the same price but not "deluxe" packaging?

It would probably be cheaper. PJ tends to put their stuff out in nonstandard packaging. This means it needs to be custome made.

Using a standard 3 disc bluray jewel case and a printed insert has got to me cheaper and easier to produce then a non standard box/packaging.
  • fcbittencafcbittenca Posts: 345
    ok, ok, ok got it. BUMP hahahaha

Will never give up. Sorry I was away for so long. Work was killing me.
    In love with music
    +1 Bump